+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how much does unconditional support for Israel costing us?

Default how much does unconditional support for Israel costing us?

I don't know but it's astronomical worldwide in present and future implications. Almost all foriegn aid, policies and actions revolve around that state and its powerful lobby.

Important partial interview with former US ambassador and deputy director of the Regan admin task force on terror Edward peck (whom I think the famous phrase rev.Wright used about -chickens coming home- was borrowed from):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dTiM...eature=related

Well, being involved in that area of the world has already cost us the largest loss in Intelligence Personnel in American Military history. It was also at the hands of the Israeli military.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Liberty_incident

Just thinking out loud--I'm wondering, "Is Israel are main reason for involvement in the region, or is it our oil interests?" Put another way, "If Israel were defeated by the Arab nations, would there be any less involvement by the U.S. in the region, especially when oil-producing nations more friendly to the U.S. were at odds with nations less friendly, or when any kind of conflict between oil-producing Arab nations ensued?" Just wondering out loud.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

“It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

Netanyahu says 9/11 terror attacks good for Israel
    By Haaretz Service and Reuters

The Israeli newspaper Ma'ariv on Wednesday reported that Likud leader
    Benjamin Netanyahu told an audience at Bar Ilan university that the
    September 11, 2001 terror attacks had been beneficial for Israel.

MORE= http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/975574.html
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

This is very serous. Nowadays no official can reach high ranks unless he has the 'blessing' of the lobby. And that goes for many journalists too. they have occupied the country mentally as opposed to conventional occupation. From Hollywood, fianances, media, newspapers, magazines, banking in a very well orgazined umbrella. Even on Amazon, they have few full time people write comments on "undesired books" like the latest Jimmy carter publication. When I lived in boston, a documentary was listed on TV guide magazine for a small local cable station to televise in reference to the behavour, treatment, and aggression of israel, but it never aired and was trashed due to threats by sponsors.

The oil producing countries (ruled by the kings and ameers) would have NO reason to be unfriendly to the US, regardless of the existance of that nation. During the 50's-60's, the US and the Brits had a vital interest in supporting that nation to offset and protect against the russian expanssion in some parts of the world. But now, with the collapse of commusism, there is no reason to continue this uncondional love and support, and became a huge liability, but the lobby became the iron clad of politics and if politicians/ journalists wouldn't go along with thier "financial support" and be a threat to thier agenda, they face the demise of thier careers. As Tim russert phrased it " have less chance than a snow ball in hell". The Iraq war by the way had allot to do with this long term agenda.

Multiple anti middle east, anti islamic books are written by the likes of Robert spenser (who wrote OVER EIGHT repetetive books) about the same subject are still floading the market in multiple publications year after year. But if you Google whom he works for, you will realize his true motivation in keeping the hate propoganda inflamed to make sure thier problem is ours, thier enemy is ours at ANY cost.

A Ron Paul or a Ralph Nader have no chance till the day that people stop watching conventional media. http://youtube.com/watch?v=8rD_rWcDRZQ
    Last edited by zenzan; April 21st, 2008 at 03:56 AM.

Default Sounds very reasonable to me...

Hamas leader offers truce if Israel withdraws from 1967 lands

By ALBERT AJI, Associated Press Writer
    4-21-08

DAMASCUS, Syria - The leader of Hamas says his Palestinian militant group is offering Israel a 10-year truce if it withdraws from all lands it seized in the 1967 war.

Khaled Mashaal says he made the offer to former President Carter in talks on Saturday.

Mashaal says Hamas would accept a Palestinian state limited to the lands Israel seized in 1967 — an implicit acceptance that Israel would exist alongside that state.

But Mashaal says the group would never outright formally recognize Israel.

xxx
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    Hamas leader offers truce if Israel withdraws from 1967 lands

By ALBERT AJI, Associated Press Writer
    4-21-08

DAMASCUS, Syria - The leader of Hamas says his Palestinian militant group is offering Israel a 10-year truce if it withdraws from all lands it seized in the 1967 war.

Khaled Mashaal says he made the offer to former President Carter in talks on Saturday.

Mashaal says Hamas would accept a Palestinian state limited to the lands Israel seized in 1967 — an implicit acceptance that Israel would exist alongside that state.

But Mashaal says the group would never outright formally recognize Israel.

xxx
    Israel is just as accommodating. Israel is willing to recognize Hamas---------------just before they blow them off the face of the map! Poor Mr. Carter. "Why can't we all just be friends?" Please Mr. Carter, go back to selling Carter's little liver pills, or peanuts---whatever it was before the looney tunes far left liberals ran you for President. One thing for sure. With you in the white house we wouldn't have to worry about our rights. Heck, you'd have given them all away before we had a chance to talk it over. Why fight when you can concede away all your assets? Those handkerchiefs they put in your pocket weren't to wave around in foreign countries, Mr President, you're supposed to blow your nose with them. Aw, what's the use!!
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

President Carter has served his country his entire life. As a Naval Commander and as President. What have you done for it?What were your qualifications before you weren't nominated or elected to anything?
    Under President Carter,Israel was recognized by an Arab nation and reached a peace accord with Egypt.I guess you prefer bombing your way to peace. As long as you aren't actually going to have to fight,or pay more taxes or be inconvienced in any way.
    Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out just how far one can go.

We cannot direct the wind, we can only adjust our sails.

Quote Originally Posted by shadroch View Post
    President Carter has served his country his entire life. As a Naval Commander and as President. What have you done for it?What were your qualifications before you weren't nominated or elected to anything?
    Under President Carter,Israel was recognized by an Arab nation and reached a peace accord with Egypt.I guess you prefer bombing your way to peace. As long as you aren't actually going to have to fight,or pay more taxes or be inconvienced in any way.
    The one thing I admired Carter for were the Camp David accords. Unfortunately, I can't think of anything else about his administration I admired. Of course I do not prefer bombing to peace; are you as nutty as you sound? And what do you know about inconvenience, Mr smart guy? I've served my country as a volunteer for four years. I've was homeless at one time, but I pulled myself up by my own bootstraps and worked my way through college. I've worked with the unsheltered homeless of our nation's capital. I've supported my family. I have nothing in my life to be ashamed of.

Carter has as much chance of bringing peace to the Middle East as a snowball in hell. This is not about what have I done, or you for that matter, but of a former President playing the fool on the world stage. Many millionaires find ways to serve their country. I also served in the military. BFD I don't flaunt it or find it something to brag about. Since you like to make it personal, what does your pea brain think that being nominated or elected to anything have to do with anything? Do you think that everyone should run for political office, that we all have the same vocation in life? Is that what your simple brain tells you. I am embarrassed as an American that a former President of this great country is playing the traitor, undermining long-standing US policy, and following his religious delusions that he is sent of God to bring peace to the world through his outreach to a proclaimed terrorist organization and enemy of our ally, Israel. I do not have high regard for any American citizen who defies the advice of our State department (I'm surprised he made it through the military with such an attitude) whether it be the Bush administration or the Clinton administration, or any other. He clearly does not respect our institutions. He clearly is not a team player. And he clearly doesn't have a clue what he is doing. Clinton would never pull anything so harebrained--he's too intelligent to join Carter is this embarrassing fiasco. So it's not a party thing. It's just plain stupid!!!
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    One thing for sure. With you in the white house we wouldn't have to worry about our rights. Heck, you'd have given them all away before we had a chance to talk it over. Why fight when you can concede away all your assets?
    Thats ridiculous. Even made your GURU laugh. All of the assets are already given away, and NOT by Carter. zg
    Last edited by zengrifter; April 21st, 2008 at 04:54 PM.

Thats ridiculous. Even made your GURU laugh. All of the assets are already given away, and NOT by Carter. zg
    Let's see, I do remember Clinton giving some assets to the Chinese. But you probably mean Bush--just guessing.
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Let's see, I do remember Clinton giving some assets to the Chinese. But you probably mean Bush--just guessing.
    Clinton and Gore sold tech secrets to China on the sly for campaign money in '96.

And now, thanks to THE DECIDER and Cheney and their masters China holds a trillion dollar mortgage on the Iraq war finance. zg

Clinton and Gore sold tech secrets to China on the sly for campaign money in '96.

And now, thanks to THE DECIDER and Cheney and their masters China holds a trillion dollar mortgage on the Iraq war finance. zg
    This did not require either Bush or Cheney.
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

This did not require either Bush or Cheney.
    Right, they're just front men, stooges for the real culprits. zg

Is Israel the only "non-enemy" country that spies like an enemy?

I don't recall British, Canadian, or French or German spies being caught?

BTW, I just recently learned that Jonathan Pollard worked at the Rose Law Firm with Hillary and the murdered Vince Foster. zg
    Last update - 23:22 22/04/2008

U.S. arrests American over suspected nuclear espionage for Israel
    By News Agencies
    U.S. authorities on Tuesday arrested an American engineer suspected of giving military secrets involving nuclear weapons, fighter jets and air defense missiles to Israel during the 1980s, the Justice Department said.
    Ben-Ami Kadish, an 84-year-old Connecticut-born U.S. citizen who worked at an Army engineering center in New Jersey, was suspected of reporting to the same Israeli government handler who dealt with Jonathan Jay Pollard, currently serving a life term on a charge of spying for Israel.

+ Reply to Thread