+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Old Testament Fundamentalism - Bondage of the Mind

  1. #1

    Default Old Testament Fundamentalism - Bondage of the Mind



    Fundamental Truths

    by Tim Callahan


    ORDER the book

    Most of us involved with issues of critical thinking are accustomed to dealing with what we think of as fundamentalism, which implies specifically Christian fundamentalism. Bondage of the Mind deals, specifically, with Jewish fundamentalism. Just as evangelicalism, and particularly evangelical fundamentalism, is a potent force in Christianity, so too is modern Orthodox Judaism a potent force among Jews today.

    Orthodox Judaism, like fundamentalist Christianity, claims to be the only valid form of Judaism. In the process of evangelizing Jews, particularly Jewish youth, it refers to Jews who switch their allegiance from Reform Judaism to Orthodox Judaism as returnees. For those unacquainted with the three ideological branches of Judaism — Orthodox, Reform and Conservative — the origins of the split lie in the Jewish Enlightenment of the 19th century. Until the Jewish Enlightenment, most European thinkers viewed the Jews of Europe as hopelessly backward both intellectually and culturally. The encapsulation of the Jews, their segregation from the surrounding Christian society (resulting from centuries of intermittent persecution) had resulted in their intellectual isolation. While European society at large had been effectively secularized in the 1700s, in part as a reaction to the horrors of the religious wars (particularly the Thirty Years War), Jews had largely remained what they were in the Middle Ages.

    MORE- http://www.skeptic.com/eskeptic/08-04-09.html#feature
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." — ZG

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    While European society at large had been effectively secularized in the 1700s, in part as a reaction to the horrors of the religious wars (particularly the Thirty Years War), Jews had largely remained what they were in the Middle Ages.
    Which I would consider good, if not for the Zionists. zg
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." — ZG

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    In the YO
    Posts
    15,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    Which I would consider good, if not for the Zionists. zg
    Yes, Herzl is the asshole responsible for the scourge and deadly virus that is ... Zionism.

    Last edited by Katz; September 25th, 2016 at 08:37 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    In the YO
    Posts
    15,587

    Default

    "If our nation is ever taken over, it will be taken over from within." ~President James Madison~

    James Madison, Jr. was a statesman, political theorist and the fourth President of the United States (1809–1817). He is hailed as the "Father of the Const
    itution" for being instrumental in the drafting of the United States Constitution and as the key champion and author of the United States Bill of Rights. After the constitution had been drafted, Madison became one of the leaders in the movement to ratify it. His collaboration with Alexander Hamilton and John Jay produced The Federalist Papers (1788).

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Jewnited States
    Posts
    1,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    "If our nation is ever taken over, it will be taken over from within." ~President James Madison~

    James Madison, Jr. was a statesman, political theorist and the fourth President of the United States (1809–1817). He is hailed as the "Father of the Const
    itution" for being instrumental in the drafting of the United States Constitution and as the key champion and author of the United States Bill of Rights. After the constitution had been drafted, Madison became one of the leaders in the movement to ratify it. His collaboration with Alexander Hamilton and John Jay produced The Federalist Papers (1788).


    But what if the Constitution was never formally ratified?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    In the YO
    Posts
    15,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Svengarlicky View Post
    But what if the Constitution was never formally ratified?
    We need a competent lawyer advice on this. Do you know one?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    In the YO
    Posts
    15,587

    Default



    “So, you want to worship Satan? By all means, but leave Russia out of it. Rest assured that I will be your worst nightmare. You can quote me on that.” ~ Putin

  8. #8
    Boz's Avatar
    Boz is offline Major Asshole Bet Welshing Loser - BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Svengarlicky View Post
    But what if the Constitution was never formally ratified?
    Then we have two or three countries instead of one. The UK may gain some of the territory back. The dollar is not global currency. Germany wins WWII, assuming they didn't win WWI. And Israel doesn't exist because there aren't enough Jews left. Terrorists in the Middle East were probably nuked by the renamed continent of Euro-Germany. Which probably really pisses them off.

    Overall--Potentially good for U.S. Definitely bad for world.
    Last edited by Boz; September 25th, 2016 at 10:12 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    In the YO
    Posts
    15,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boz View Post
    Then we have two or three countries instead of one. The UK may gain some of the territory back. The dollar is not global currency. Germany wins WWII, assuming they didn't win WWI. And Israel doesn't exist because there aren't enough Jews left. Terrorists in the Middle East were probably nuked by the renamed continent of Euro-Germany. Which probably really pisses them off.

    Overall--Potentially good for U.S. Definitely bad for world.
    I asked for a competent lawyer opinion on this and ... you showed up.



  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    In the YO
    Posts
    15,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    "If our nation is ever taken over, it will be taken over from within." ~President James Madison~

    James Madison, Jr. was a statesman, political theorist and the fourth President of the United States (1809–1817). He is hailed as the "Father of the Const
    itution" for being instrumental in the drafting of the United States Constitution and as the key champion and author of the United States Bill of Rights. After the constitution had been drafted, Madison became one of the leaders in the movement to ratify it. His collaboration with Alexander Hamilton and John Jay produced The Federalist Papers (1788).
    The United States has been taken over by the enemy within: the Zionists.


+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Cleopatra's Irresistible . . . Mind
    By zengrifter in forum ZenZone General Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: May 22nd, 2014, 04:51 AM
  2. Mind Control -- Through Your Nose
    By zengrifter in forum ZenZone General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 29th, 2007, 02:20 PM
  3. Tiny tablet "proves" Old Testament
    By zengrifter in forum ZenZone General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 11th, 2007, 06:33 PM
  4. New Mind-Contolled Robot
    By zengrifter in forum ZenZone General Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 26th, 2007, 03:15 AM
  5. You Are Not Your Mind!
    By zengrifter in forum ZenZone General Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: April 16th, 2007, 10:45 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts