+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Washington was NOT the "first president!"

Default Washington was NOT the "first president!"

Historical Secrets

6-th, 2001 - 16: 0
    History in Perspective

As a research/writer I am sometimes amazed at the deceit, misinformation and plain ‘ol lies that are taught to us as being the truth in regards to history.

“George Washington was the first President of the United States.” A statement that is believed by anyone in the world who has studied American History. From the smallest first grader to those who have graduated from the most expensive and prestigious Ivy League Collages, we all know for a fact that George Washington was the first President of the United States. Unfortunately, this is not the truth. Actually, John Hanson was the first President of the United States.* I find it ironic that the man we are taught “could not tell a lie” is himself the subject of one of the many lies that make up what we believe to be the history of our country.

MORE- http://www.thehollowearthinsider.com...ew.php?ArtID=4
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

Thats one of the half -truths that float around the internet. The Us declared its independence in 1776. For many years,we operated as a loose confederation,with Hanson as the President. However,in time,we adopted a Constitution and became THE UNITED STATES. Washington was the first President .
    Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out just how far one can go.

We cannot direct the wind, we can only adjust our sails.

Quote Originally Posted by shadroch View Post
    Thats one of the half -truths that float around the internet. The Us declared its independence in 1776. For many years,we operated as a loose confederation,with Hanson as the President. However,in time,we adopted a Constitution and became THE UNITED STATES. Washington was the first President .
    What do you expect from Hollow Earth News? They are correct - it was in 1781, half a decade after our independence.
    Hanson was the first Prez, history revealed. Otherwise, why aren't we even informed of this other president? zg
    Last edited by zengrifter; February 23rd, 2008 at 10:13 PM.
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........

Robert Ripley, whose "Believe it or Not" used to run in the newspapers, circulated this bit of history 70 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by gDGBD View Post
    Robert Ripley, whose "Believe it or Not" used to run in the newspapers, circulated this bit of history 70 years ago.
    And not even an honorable mention in high shool history? zg

Default It reminds me of Mary Wells of Boston

Many years ago I received a letter and photograph of what Ms Wells called a coin that had been made by Paul Revere and had been in her family for 200 or so years??

Revere I believe had been a Tinker but never worked or made gold coins and the photograph was a jewlry medallion made in the image of a U.S. $20 Liberty coin (first designed in 1849) in a bezel which in no way looked like a real coin or something made in the colonial period but basically was a modern piece of jewlry.
    It was dated 1776 and a good guess would be that it was made around 1996 for the bicentennial and had in big bold letters United States of America!

As in the case of Mr Hanson and wanting to have a little fun with Ms Wells (not the Mary Wells of singing fame), I wrote back to her and said, "I find your coin absolutely interesting and the most interesting aspect of it is that after extensive research I can find no mention of anyplace on the Earth in the year 1776 that had the name, United States of America."

ihate17

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    And not even an honorable mention in high shool history? zg
    Guess it depends where you went to school and when.When I was in school,Nixon and Vietnam were studied in Current Events,not History.If I recall correctly,there were six Presidents before Washington.
    Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out just how far one can go.

Quote Originally Posted by shadroch View Post
    Guess it depends where you went to school and when.When I was in school,Nixon and Vietnam were studied in Current Events,not History.If I recall correctly,there were six Presidents before Washington.
    Six? He wasn't even the second! zg

Let me correct myself.There were seven,including John Hancock and Richard Lee.
    If you want to see a real President that time and history has forgotten,you should check out Daid Atchinson.

From Wikipedia -
    John Hanson - President of the United States in Congress Assembled

Before the adoption of the Constitution in 1787, the states operated under the direction of the Continental Congress, although they remained in principle a confederation of independent states. Even after the adoption of the Articles of Confederation, there was no executive branch. Therefore the President of the Continental Congress, which was a position similar to a Prime Minister, was the highest authority; under the Articles, the position adopted the title President of the United States in Congress Assembled, and Hanson was the first presiding officer of the Congress to use that title when dealing with foreign governments, diplomats, or treaties. Congress had little authority beyond those powers, which had been specifically delegated to it by the states, and its weakness during this period led directly to a decline in influence and the 1787 Constitution, with a more robust federal model.

Hanson's term as President of the United States in Congress Assembled, during this critical formation period, did have longstanding influence.

+ Reply to Thread