+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gold @ 2000 This Year - The Panic Has Begun!

I am interested in an unworked mine, possibly worth a fortune.
    Last edited by Brutus; February 12th, 2008 at 07:05 AM.

Default The Unthinkable! WOW--What a policy!

I have no economic background to speak of, so my comment may seem hilarious to some, but what if, in the event of a complete economic collapse, the government (both U.S. and U.K.) forced the wealthiest of the wealthy (WOW) to suck it all up? Isn't a collapse largely about who owes whom? Ultimately don't we all owe the WOW? Who gets rich when we all get poorer? Isn't it the WOW? And along with President Aslan's domestic policy we will cancel all foreign debt, thus encouraging foreign governments to do the same--i.e., make their WOW suck it up. Ha! Now that's what I call revolutionary fiscal policy! WOW!
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

“It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    I have no economic background to speak of, so my comment may seem hilarious to some, but what if, in the event of a complete economic collapse, the government (both U.S. and U.K.) forced the wealthiest of the wealthy (WOW) to suck it all up? Isn't a collapse largely about who owes whom? Ultimately don't we all owe the WOW? Who gets rich when we all get poorer? Isn't it the WOW? And along with President Aslan's domestic policy we will cancel all foreign debt, thus encouraging foreign governments to do the same--i.e., make their WOW suck it up. Ha! Now that's what I call revolutionary fiscal policy! WOW!
    We are in corporatist fascism, so the WOW IS THE GOVT. WOW ONLY suck it up in socialized and commutarian govts, if ever.
    Let Hugo Chavez make the oilCos suck it up in Venezuaela, for example. zg
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

Is there anywhere in Vegas I can bet that gold will not hit $2,000 this year? I'd like to bet $10,000 even money.
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Is there anywhere in Vegas I can bet that gold will not hit $2,000 this year? I'd like to bet $10,000 even money.
    You can make that market bet, not in Vegas, though. And not even money. zg
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    You can make that market bet, not in Vegas, though. And not even money. zg
    I think the odds are prohibitive.
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

I think the odds are prohibitive.
    You were saying...
    ----------------
    Platinum Price Goes Ballistic; Gold to Follow?

What's Driving Platinum?

As high as platinum is right now, some analysts are now calling for the metal to hit $3,000 per ounce by the end of the year!

That's the question traders and end users are asking themselves right now. Is this a short-term blowout or a long-term shift in pricing?

Robin Bhar, a respected metals analyst at UBS, recently summed up the dramatic move in platinum this way:

"It's panic, panic, panic. If you are a platinum consumer, you are not going to sleep at night. The price move shows you the unprecedented nature of the market. People can see actual physical shortages somewhere down the road and prices moving away from them. It's not a case of just speculation. There is genuine demand coming through."

Other analysts say the platinum deficit could widen to more than 400,000 ounces by the end of 2008, compared with about 265,000 ounces in 2007. The market had a surplus of 65,000 ounces in 2006, following seven successive years of deficits. Inventories are at historically low levels.

MORE- http://marketoracle.co.uk/Article3757.html

You were saying...
    ----------------
    Platinum Price Goes Ballistic; Gold to Follow?

What's Driving Platinum?

As high as platinum is right now, some analysts are now calling for the metal to hit $3,000 per ounce by the end of the year!

That's the question traders and end users are asking themselves right now. Is this a short-term blowout or a long-term shift in pricing?

Robin Bhar, a respected metals analyst at UBS, recently summed up the dramatic move in platinum this way:

"It's panic, panic, panic. If you are a platinum consumer, you are not going to sleep at night. The price move shows you the unprecedented nature of the market. People can see actual physical shortages somewhere down the road and prices moving away from them. It's not a case of just speculation. There is genuine demand coming through."

Other analysts say the platinum deficit could widen to more than 400,000 ounces by the end of 2008, compared with about 265,000 ounces in 2007. The market had a surplus of 65,000 ounces in 2006, following seven successive years of deficits. Inventories are at historically low levels.

MORE- http://marketoracle.co.uk/Article3757.html
    One thread quoted Revelations about how in the end times no one will be able to buy or sell without the mark of the beast. his suggested that a worldwide economic collapse might result in the solution of a world compterized economy in which all transactions are done through computer debits and credits via a chip implanted in every person who subcribes to the new economic system. Gold and other precious metals transactions would have to be made illegal for such a system to work. Hence, we have the possibility of hughmongus gold, silver and platinum prices one day, and those same commodities being absolutely worthless the next day. Sure, go ahead and hoard precious metals, but don't forget to keep looking over your shoulder. Big brother may be playing the old pull the carpet trick on you.
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

One thread quoted Revelations about how in the end times no one will be able to buy or sell without the mark of the beast. his suggested that a worldwide economic collapse might result in the solution of a world compterized economy in which all transactions are done through computer debits and credits via a chip implanted in every person who subcribes to the new economic system.
    Old news. zg

Old news. zg
    Put everything in gold then.
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Put everything in gold then.
    A third is good. Did you get your little bag 'o silever coins yet? zg

Last edited by zengrifter; February 22nd, 2008 at 01:37 AM.

A third is good. Did you get your little bag 'o silever coins yet? zg
    Not yet, zg. Barack will feed me if I'm hungry. And he will make sure all my needs are met, such as 100% dental care, cost free hospital and doctor care, free gasoline if I make under $75,000, a place to stay with private access and widescreen HD TV if I am temporarily homeless for under five years, and an expense account to help me take care of those every day needs. His plan is not as thorough or far reaching as H Clinton's, but it is adequate for the average person to see their way through the toughest times. Thank God Ron Paul can't get elected. Can you imagine having to work for a living whether you wanted to or not. I mean, isn't that carrying freedom too far? Thank God for patriotic Americans like Barack who understand that it's not our fault if we are poor. Halelujah! I don't have to die to go to the promised land. It's in the here and now--not pie in the sky. I'm going to vote for him as many times as they let me, and in my district that may be a lot. Who knows, maybe some day I can be President! I'll give everyone a free membership in their local country club. A happy citizen makes for a better country. Vote for me and join the club. How's that for a slogan? Yipee! Ain't it great to be an American?!
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Not yet, zg. Barack will feed me if I'm hungry. And he will make sure all my needs are met, such as 100% dental care, cost free hospital and doctor care, free gasoline if I make under $75,000, a place to stay with private access and widescreen HD TV if I am temporarily homeless for under five years, and an expense account to help me take care of those every day needs. His plan is not as thorough or far reaching as H Clinton's, but it is adequate for the average person to see their way through the toughest times. Thank God Ron Paul can't get elected. Can you imagine having to work for a living whether you wanted to or not. I mean, isn't that carrying freedom too far? Thank God for patriotic Americans like Barack who understand that it's not our fault if we are poor. Halelujah! I don't have to die to go to the promised land. It's in the here and now--not pie in the sky. I'm going to vote for him as many times as they let me, and in my district that may be a lot. Who knows, maybe some day I can be President! I'll give everyone a free membership in their local country club. A happy citizen makes for a better country. Vote for me and join the club. How's that for a slogan? Yipee! Ain't it great to be an American?!
    gosh i guess i'm out of luck since i've already worked my ass off all my life and am now retired. but if billery or bobama gets in i want something to.
    maybe they'll let me keep a third of what i've got or something nice like that.
    best regards,
    mr fr0g MMOA honorary predator
    STRENGTH - HONOR - HEART
    that's my take on it your mileage may vary.
    for senior citizen fuzzy count click link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrTiP4ZIUfI

Not yet, zg. Barack will feed me if I'm hungry. And he will make sure all my needs are met, such as 100% dental care, cost free hospital and doctor care, free gasoline if I make under $75,000, a place to stay with private access and widescreen HD TV if I am temporarily homeless for under five years, and an expense account to help me take care of those every day needs.
    Sounds like you are both moving to SWEDEN! zg

+ Reply to Thread