+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NLP and poker

Default NLP and poker

there are some writtings posted with allot of filling on the subject, but wondering if any is aware of some "good"/informative articles on applied npl and poker.

Quote Originally Posted by zenzan View Post
    there are some writtings posted with allot of filling on the subject, but wondering if any is aware of some "good"/informative articles on applied npl and poker.
    The conventional use of NLP is not for improved gambling, its for to STOP gambling!

Actually, the article below posits not that NLP can improve your poker, but rather that poker can improve your NLP, so these are complimentary skills, indeed.

I've used NLP at BJ very casually, to anchor my state, and I have infrequently applied NLP-hypnotic sales techniques with dealers and pit, but I think there is much-much more to be obtained.

There are a couple of good NLP boards that one of our members turned me on to. zg
    -------------------
    Winning Ways with Poker and NLP
    Since the Derren Brown’s Trick or Treat poker episode I have been asked several times about the application of NLP and Poker. In the episode Derren took a woman who has never played poker before and in the space of a week got her to a level where she played off against professionals in a tournament. She was unlucky in the last hand and almost beat the lot of them.
    It appeared from the episode outside of the basic rules all the woman was taught to do was ‘reading’ the other players and deciding whether they were bluffing or not. She then bet based on this information.
    The questions I am asked generally revolve round, is this possible and could I train someone to do this. The short answer is yes. The slightly longer answer is there is a lot more going on than just this and that there is a lot more that NLP has to offer in playing poker.
    If you have studied NLP to any level I would highly recommend taking up poker as a way of sharpening up your NLP skills. I have been playing poker since November 2006. Trust me, I do a considerable amount of personal development and would say I have learnt more about NLP in these last few months playing poker than I have in the last couple of years.
    Last edited by zengrifter; November 22nd, 2007 at 11:28 PM.
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

Last edited by zengrifter; November 22nd, 2007 at 11:36 PM.
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

Default I tried

hypnotizing the dealers once and I ended up hypnotizing myself . WTF !!!!!

NLP is a very interesting topic. I have always enjoyed reading about it, I think I will research it more. Any good books or resources on it?

The first time I heard the term NLP was in referece to using it for the seduction of women. I always used to think of AP and EV in terms of $, but then I realized that not all advantage plays can be measured in real dollars!

+ Reply to Thread