+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 43 of 43

Thread: Adi Da Samraj and ZG?

  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    Originally Posted by zengrifter
    I read the exact same Bible as the Christians do, yet I see Jesus teaching us the same message taught by Hinduism, Buddhism and Taois.

    You read the Bible? Is that read in the present tense or read the Bible, in the past tense? Did you read it all the way through? Or did you read a chapter or two and quickly lose interest? Fancy you reading the same Bible that Christians read. Um, what can you tell us about the small bit that you managed to read all the way through?
    Those words belong to Chris Watson, not me.
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    In the YO
    Posts
    15,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    Those words belong to Chris Watson, not me.
    Ok, so he said that. Now for the record, have you read the Bible all the way through from cover to cover, or have you only read part of it all the way through? Enquiring minds want to know.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    posting from Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Today, Easter Sunday, we celebrate Jesus Christ raising Himself from the dead. As I explained once before to Katz, Jesus had two natures, that of God and that of man. When the Roman soldiers charged with the task of executing him, nailed him to a cross, they only put to death his nature as man, but his nature as God remained alive to raise his mortal body up again.

    The Cross, which demonstrated the giving of love unto death, and the resurrection, which is the reward of giving love unto death, comprise the central teachings of Christianity.

    The principle, "we die that we may live," is Christianity. The seed that enters the ground must die in order to bring forth new life. Love is a dying to self and a living for others. But it's more than a principle, it reveals the very nature of God Himself. The Father loves the Son unto death, and the Son returns His love for the Father unto death. The Son becomes man and reveals His love for us unto death. We, if we follow His example, love the Son unto death, and our reward is eternal life.

    Jesus is the Bridegroom. On the Cross He vowed His love for us. We are the Bride, His Church, who are called to vow our love for Him. The Cross is as it were a wedding ceremony where Jesus and those who believe are wedded together in a spiritual bond that will last forever. From the Cross we go to the wedding feast, where we celebrate the marriage of God to humanity, where man somehow is brought to share in the divinity of Christ. Man is not God, but is at one with God, still individual, but inextricably joined to God for all eternity, like a husband and wife are one, yet each retains his or her individuality. This is why Christians say, "Maranatha," which means "Come, Lord Jesus." Because the end of the world when Jesus returns marks the beginning of the great celebration in heaven, the wedding feast of the Lamb.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

    “It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    posting from Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    Ok, so he said that. Now for the record, have you read the Bible all the way through from cover to cover, or have you only read part of it all the way through? Enquiring minds want to know.
    I don't know about ZeroGravity, but apparently I only read the parts that you do not read. I can't find the parts about the meany God.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

    “It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    3,189

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    The principle, "we die that we may live," is Christianity.
    “Die before death and live forever,” is Sufism.

    Happy Easter, Monsignor, Marquis, various Earls and Knights of the ZenZone! Rejoice the Good News of the Resurrection!

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    posting from Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DDutton View Post
    “Die before death and live forever,” is Sufism.
    Sounds like it may have been influenced by Christianity. Many religions believe in dying to self, but Buddha is still in his grave, Confucius is still in his grave, and Mohammad is still in his grave. Only Jesus has raised himself up from the dead, because he alone is God. All these religions have a part of the truth, but Catholicism alone has the fullness of truth, not based on people who are Catholics or who lead Catholics, but on the pure and unadulterated teaching of its founder, Jesus Christ.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

    “It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

  7. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    Catholicism alone has the fullness of truth, not based on people who are Catholics or who lead Catholics, but on the pure and unadulterated teaching of its founder, Jesus Christ.
    Then they really should get distance from that Easter thing*, considering that the crucifixion, like the birth, likely occurred at a different date altogether.

    >> *The Secret Pagan Origins of Easter
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    posting from Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    Then they really should get distance from that Easter thing*, considering that the crucifixion, like the birth, likely occurred at a different date altogether.

    >> *The Secret Pagan Origins of Easter
    Clearly the crucifixion happened at the Passover, but the exact day on which it is commemorated is unimportant, since Catholics do not follow the calendar of the Jews and since we want the day to always fall on a Sunday. Every Sunday of the year is a commemoration of that first Easter (that's why we always have a Mass on Sunday), and Easter Sunday is a special commemoration. Can you dig it?
    Last edited by aslan; April 20th, 2014 at 10:57 PM.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

    “It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    In the YO
    Posts
    15,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    today, easter sunday, we celebrate jesus christ raising himself from the dead. As i explained once before to katz, jesus had two natures, that of god and that of man. When the roman soldiers charged with the task of executing him, nailed him to a cross, they only put to death his nature as man, but his nature as god remained alive to raise his mortal body up again.

    The cross, which demonstrated the giving of love unto death, and the resurrection, which is the reward of giving love unto death, comprise the central teachings of christianity.

    The principle, "we die that we may live," is christianity. The seed that enters the ground must die in order to bring forth new life. Love is a dying to self and a living for others. But it's more than a principle, it reveals the very nature of god himself. The father loves the son unto death, and the son returns his love for the father unto death. The son becomes man and reveals his love for us unto death. We, if we follow his example, love the son unto death, and our reward is eternal life.

    Jesus is the bridegroom. On the cross he vowed his love for us. We are the bride, his church, who are called to vow our love for him. The cross is as it were a wedding ceremony where jesus and those who believe are wedded together in a spiritual bond that will last forever. From the cross we go to the wedding feast, where we celebrate the marriage of god to humanity, where man somehow is brought to share in the divinity of christ. Man is not god, but is at one with god, still individual, but inextricably joined to god for all eternity, like a husband and wife are one, yet each retains his or her individuality. This is why christians say, "maranatha," which means "come, lord jesus." because the end of the world when jesus returns marks the beginning of the great celebration in heaven, the wedding feast of the lamb.
    Sorry, I just looked it up. Maranatha was a soccer player who kicked The Hand of God goal in a World Cup match.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    In the YO
    Posts
    15,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    Today, Easter Sunday, we celebrate Jesus Christ raising Himself from the dead. As I explained once before to Katz, Jesus had two natures, that of God and that of man. When the Roman soldiers charged with the task of executing him, nailed him to a cross, they only put to death his nature as man, but his nature as God remained alive to raise his mortal body up again.

    The Cross, which demonstrated the giving of love unto death, and the resurrection, which is the reward of giving love unto death, comprise the central teachings of Christianity.

    The principle, "we die that we may live," is Christianity. The seed that enters the ground must die in order to bring forth new life. Love is a dying to self and a living for others. But it's more than a principle, it reveals the very nature of God Himself. The Father loves the Son unto death, and the Son returns His love for the Father unto death. The Son becomes man and reveals His love for us unto death. We, if we follow His example, love the Son unto death, and our reward is eternal life.

    Jesus is the Bridegroom. On the Cross He vowed His love for us. We are the Bride, His Church, who are called to vow our love for Him. The Cross is as it were a wedding ceremony where Jesus and those who believe are wedded together in a spiritual bond that will last forever. From the Cross we go to the wedding feast, where we celebrate the marriage of God to humanity, where man somehow is brought to share in the divinity of Christ. Man is not God, but is at one with God, still individual, but inextricably joined to God for all eternity, like a husband and wife are one, yet each retains his or her individuality. This is why Christians say, "Maranatha," which means "Come, Lord Jesus." Because the end of the world when Jesus returns marks the beginning of the great celebration in heaven, the wedding feast of the Lamb.
    Sorry again to bother you at Easter fistival, but Br Zengrifter has shown that the Christian Easter was shamelessly lifted from much earlier Pagan origins. Of course you surely must realize that what Zen has shown puts the whole Christian story in severe doubt.

    I am sorry to bring you this bad news especially at the time of your reverie in the festival of good news, however, we here at the Zen Zone are driven to search for the truth, with no respect for tradition or outmoded and superstitious concepts. Please think of me when you sip that wine and eat that cracker.
    Last edited by Katz; April 20th, 2014 at 11:00 PM.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    posting from Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    Sorry again to bother you at Easter fistival, but Br Zengrifter has shown that the Christian Easter was shamelessly lifted from much earlier Pagan origins. Of course you surely must realize that what Zen has shown puts the whole Christian story in severe doubt.

    I am sorry to bring you this bad news especially at the time of your reverie in the festival of good news, however, we here at the Zen Zone are driven to search for the truth, with no respect for tradition or outmoded and superstitious concepts. Please think of me when you sip that wine and eat that cracker.
    I thought you were brighter. Easter is tied to the Passover, when the Jews celebrate their liberation from slavery to the Egyptians. Why the Jews picked that time of year is irrelevant. Cultures everywhere use the beginning of Springtime to celebrate various things.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

    “It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    In the YO
    Posts
    15,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    As far as I know, there's no record of a certain Monsieur Katz in Australia either. Does that mean he doesn't exist?
    I only pay attention to these (following) records or non-existent records. Jesus was not born Bethlehem or anywhere else because no records exist. Barry Obama was not born in Hawaii nor Indonesia because no records exist. Barry also did not attend Columbia because no records exist, even in those that remain sealed. There is no record either of one single drop of goodness ever that might have been inside Dick Cheney, because no records of that exist. Records shmeckords.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    posting from Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    I only pay attention to these (following) records or non-existent records. Jesus was not born Bethlehem or anywhere else because no records exist. Barry Obama was not born in Hawaii nor Indonesia because no records exist. Barry also did not attend Columbia because no records exist, even in those that remain sealed. There is no record either of one single drop of goodness ever that might have been inside Dick Cheney, because no records of that exist. Records shmeckords.
    You sound like a broken record.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

    “It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Remembering Beloved Adi Da Samraj 1939-2008
    By zengrifter in forum Religious Cults & Spirituality
    Replies: 128
    Last Post: February 18th, 2015, 04:40 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts