+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mayan Doomsday: 12/21/12

Default Mayan Doomsday: 12/21/12

by Dan Eden for ViewZone [See Dan Eden's Confidential Message]

ViewZone asked me to write a story about the Mayan Calendar. There is a common belief that the calendar holds a prophecy that the end of the world will happen in 2012. At the time, I knew very little about the whole topic and when I began doing the research. I like to think I had an open mind. My investigation began with mainstream archaeology and the expert interpretations of the calendar. But it soon took a turn that made my hair literally stand on end. I am now convinced that these prophecies are true.

To understand what is likely to happen to Earth and it's people, you will need to remain calm and try to follow the facts. It's not as simple as some people describe. It requires an understanding of some fairly complicated scientific realities, but I think I can explain them in a way that you will easily understand.

The Calendar -- A Description

...more - http://viewzone.com/endtime.html
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

god,i hope its true. then i won't have to worry about my IRA.

Quote Originally Posted by BFC View Post
    god,i hope its true. then i won't have to worry about my IRA.
    Its true. So, if you want to know how to withdraw the IRA $$ for BJ, without paying a penalty, I can help you there. zg
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........

I'll spread you 3 to 2 the world doesn't end between now and 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by moo321 View Post
    I'll spread you 3 to 2 the world doesn't end between now and 2012.
    Everyone likes to joke about making bets like this, but that would be funny if someone took the bet (and won) and the person had to pay up in an afterlife, or in heaven, or something of the sort.

I'd probably give you even money the world doesn't end in my lifetime. Although, in my eschatology, the world doesn't really end, it's just the beginning of Christ's reign on earth. So there should still be money, and there won't be any fundies around to stop us from gambling.
    Last edited by moo321; June 24th, 2007 at 03:03 PM.

I'd probably give you even money the world doesn't end in my lifetime.
    That would be a good bet since you only win the bet when you die, provided the world is still going at that point. I wouldn't take it though because of the time value of money. I can make a lot more money investing it now, then waiting for you to die and collect in however many years.

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    Its true. So, if you want to know how to withdraw the IRA $$ for BJ, without paying a penalty, I can help you there. zg
    thanks for the offer. The IRA thing was a joke - I'm Bermudian. We don't have income tax so no worries. (We do, however, pay about 25% duty on all goods that are imported, which is virtually everything except fish.)

July 1, 2007
    The Final Days

By BENJAMIN ANASTAS

Steven from Arizona — a caller on “Coast to Coast AM” late one night in February — had slipped into a future reality and caught a glimpse of the devastation that was coming when the supervolcano under Yellowstone erupted. James in Omaha, on the other hand, was worried about the likelihood of a magnetic pole shift, while Rod from Edmonton had recently spoken to a member of the Canadian Parliament about the global-warming crisis and couldn’t believe what he had heard.

“We’re coming to an end time beyond anything that anybody has ever imagined,” Rod said with a trembling urgency. “The scientists right now, they’re not even studying the real causes. The Kyoto treaty and CO2 have nothing to do with anything.”

“Coast to Coast AM” is an overnight radio show devoted to what its weekday host, George Noory, calls “the unusual mysteries of the world and the universe.” Broadcast out of Sherman Oaks, Calif., and carried nationwide on more than 500 stations as well as the XM Radio satellite network, “Coast to Coast AM” is by far the highest-rated radio program in the country once the lights go out. The guest in the wee hours that February morning was Lawrence E. Joseph, the author of “Apocalypse 2012” — billed as “a scientific investigation into civilization’s end” — and he came on the air to tell the story of how the ancient Maya looked into the stars and predicted catastrophic changes to the earth, all pegged to the end date of an historical cycle on one of their calendars, Dec. 21, 2012.

...more - http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/01/ma...=1&oref=slogin

Zengrifter, what are your eschatological beliefs?

Zengrifter, what are your eschatological beliefs?

I'm not a dooms-day crackpot - I'm a doom enthusiast. zg

The coming hyper-inflation!

Last edited by zengrifter; July 5th, 2007 at 02:54 AM.

Well,
    from the way i understand it on 12/21/12 our solar system will move into a position of an exact parallel axis with the milky way. Coincidentally, the part of the milky way that were moving into unfortunately has the most mass. In effect, will cause unpresedented serious gravitational pull?

To add insult to injury, jupiters 11 year cycle coincides with the barry center of the suns alignment. In effect, producing a massive solar storm(gamma rays) on the sun.
    In combination, with the pull of earths gravatation will cause these solar storms to be greatly magnified. So, if im understanding this correctly were gonna be hit with a double whammy. A serious increase of natural disasters from the earths pull. While being blazed from the suns radiation. In effect, causing a chain reaction of catastrophic events. Which will ultimately lead to the demise of life on this planet as we know it? Any thoughts?

Default Send me your money and gold Fed EX on 12/21/12

and I will spend it for you wisely during the period of doom . All who send will get a ty note and a wish of good luck !

Default More Reading

+ Reply to Thread