Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chemotherapy vs. naturopathic cancer treatments

Default Chemotherapy vs. naturopathic cancer treatments

After a cancer diagnosis:

Crucial questions to consider about
    chemotherapy vs. naturopathic cancer treatments

by Mike Adams
    April 26, 2007

It is widely known that an increasing number of consumers are turning to alternative medicine for treatment for diseases like cancer, depression, diabetes, heart disease and so on. What are generally not known are the circumstances under which many consumers make this switch from conventional to alternative medicine.

The truth about that is rather surprising and, perhaps, even a bit frustrating because many consumers only switch to alternative medicine after conventional medicine has failed them. That's when many people begin investigating medicinal herbs, acupuncture, or chiropractic care. It is only after they have tried everything with conventional medicine -- drugs, surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy -- that they finally realize they are not getting any healthier and need to do something different.

It is interesting how conventional medicine can so strongly motivate people to check out alternatives because most of the therapies in conventional medicine simply do not work. Even worse, they actually cause tremendous harm to patients even while promising to help them.

During conventional cancer treatment with toxic chemotherapy drugs, for example, the patients are told they are getting help. They're told they are getting better. The American Medical Association, the FDA, and all the authorities in medicine tell them they are receiving a scientifically-validated form of treatment.

What they are not being told is the chemotherapy is destroying the normal, healthy functioning of vital organs, such as the liver, heart, brain, and kidneys. Yes, it might also be shrinking a tumor, but the point here is not simply to emerge from cancer treatment with only small tumors. The point is to emerge as a healthy human being with a strong immune system and cellular balance that prevents or eliminates tumors altogether. That kind of outcome is not at all offered by conventional medicine.

...more - http://www.newstarget.com/021813.html
    Last edited by zengrifter; April 26th, 2007 at 10:04 PM.

Death by Doctoring

Orthodox anticancer therapies have harmful if not fatal side effects,
    but medical professionals continue to inflict them on their patients as a matter of course.

by Steven Ransom © 2002
    Research Director

Extracted from his book "Great News on Cancer in the 21st Century", (Credence, 2002)

In summoning even the wisest of physicians to our aid, it is probable that he is relying upon a scientific 'truth', the error of which will become obvious in just a few years' time.

-- Marcel Proust
    CANCER: THE GOOD, THE BAD AND THE UGLY

Twenty-first century medicine boasts a number of treatments that are actually very dangerous to human health, none more so than for cancer. May this short report reach the many thousands of people currently undergoing conventional cancer treatment. May it also reach the many thousands of doctors, physicians, nurses and carers who every day are innocently inflicting serious harm in the name of conventional cancer care. Let the countdown begin. Let there soon be an end to...Death by Doctoring.

Every year in the United Kingdom, 200,000 people are diagnosed with cancer and 152,500 people die.1 In the United States, the annual death rate for this disease is approximately 547,000.2 These deaths are recorded as cancer deaths, but how many of these deaths are really attributable to the disease itself? How many deaths should in fact be recorded as "death by doctoring"? When we consider that conventional treatment consists almost entirely of radiation, chemotherapy and the long-term application of toxic pharmaceuticals--treatments which are all well known for their life-threatening side-effects--then the question becomes all the more legitimate. On chemotherapy, for instance, note the following:
    "Most cancer patients in this country die of chemotherapy. Chemotherapy does not eliminate breast, colon, or lung cancers. This fact has been documented for over a decade, yet doctors still use chemotherapy for these tumors." (Allen Levin, MD, UCSF, The Healing of Cancer, Marcus Books, 1990)

...more - http://www.nexusmagazine.com/articles/doctoring1.html
    Last edited by zengrifter; May 1st, 2007 at 06:16 PM.

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Research backs theory that vitamin C shrinks tumours
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    By Jeremy Laurance, Health Editor
    Tuesday, 28 March 2006

Three cancer patients who were given large intravenous doses over a period of several months had their lives extended and their tumours shrunk, doctors reported yesterday.

A 49-year-old man diagnosed with terminal bladder cancer in 1996 was still alive and cancer-free nine years later, having declined chemotherapy and radiotherapy in favour of regular infusions of vitamin C.

A 66-year-old woman with an aggressive lymphoma who had a "dismal prognosis" in 1995 was similarly treated and is still alive 10 years later. A 51-year-old woman with kidney cancer that spread to her lungs diagnosed in 1995 had a normal chest X-ray two years later. The findings were confirmed by pathologists. Although they do not prove the vitamin cured the cancer they do increase the "clinical plausibility" of the idea, the researchers say.

Vitamin C therapy was first promoted by Linus Pauling, the Nobel prize winner, 30 years ago. Dr Pauling's claims sparked the continuing boom in sales of vitamin C, but attempts to confirm his findings failed and high-dose vitamin C became an "alternative" therapy.

The latest study, published in the Canadian Association's Medical Journal, could trigger renewed interest in Dr Pauling's claims. Studies show that vitamin C is toxic to some cancer cells but not to normal cells. The problem has been delivering a high enough dose.

The researchers say attempts to replicate Dr Pauling's work failed because they used oral doses of the drug which is rapidly excreted. However, injections achieve blood levels 25 times higher that persist for longer. At these very high doses, the blood level of vitamin C is high enough to selectively kill cancer cells.

Several clinical trials of vitamin C therapy are about to start, including one at McGill University, Montreal, the authors say.

XXX
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

We are still at the 'bloodletting" stage in our treatment of cancer. I wonder how many more patients we kill than save? Too bad doctors are adverse to treatments that actually cure. The pharmaceutical companies don't want cures, just treatment of the symptoms enough to keep us alive and buying more drugs. I put cancer cures and waterpowered cars in the same boat--they'll fight us to the death before they'll let us have them. Where's government when you really need it? It's purely a rhetorical question.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

“It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    We are still at the 'bloodletting" stage in our treatment of cancer. I wonder how many more patients we kill than save? Too bad doctors are adverse to treatments that actually cure. The pharmaceutical companies don't want cures, just treatment of the symptoms enough to keep us alive and buying more drugs. I put cancer cures and waterpowered cars in the same boat--they'll fight us to the death before they'll let us have them. Where's government when you really need it? It's purely a rhetorical question.
    I guess thats why certain prestigius clinic studies found that V-C MAKES TUMORS STRONGER -
    In a recent presentation at the American Cancer Society meeting, Dr. David Golde of Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center speculated that supplemental vitamin C may be harmful to cancer patients. Dr. Golde had previously shown how vitamin C gets into and accumulates in cancer cells. Golde and others are concerned that the extra vitamin C in cancer cells may enhance their growth or protect them from the cell-killing free radicals produced by radiation and some chemotherapeutic drugs.

MORE- http://www.scienceblog.com/community...199901895.html
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    I guess thats why certain prestigius clinic studies found that V-C MAKES TUMORS STRONGER -
    In a recent presentation at the American Cancer Society meeting, Dr. David Golde of Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center speculated that supplemental vitamin C may be harmful to cancer patients. Dr. Golde had previously shown how vitamin C gets into and accumulates in cancer cells. Golde and others are concerned that the extra vitamin C in cancer cells may enhance their growth or protect them from the cell-killing free radicals produced by radiation and some chemotherapeutic drugs.

MORE- http://www.scienceblog.com/community...199901895.html
    That says it all!

I put cancer cures and waterpowered cars in the same boat--they'll fight us to the death before they'll let us have them.
    Amen to that!

Coffee enemas, pancreatic and digestive enzymes, vitD, intravenous vitC and B-17
    ("healthy chemo"), among other things, is what my course of action would look like.

Quote Originally Posted by DDutton View Post
    Coffee enemas, pancreatic and digestive enzymes, vitD, intravenous vitC and B-17
    ("healthy chemo"), among other things, is what my course of action would look like.
    And don't forget the source of all healing.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

“It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

Default A cancer survivors story

I am just curious as to how many of you arm chair quarterbacks have been in the game. It is easy to say what you would do but until you are in the situation it is all speculation.

If you go the doctor route go to the best doctor for your type of cancer in the world. It does make a big difference which doctor you see. I know of 4 cases of cancer personally.

The first is a good friend of mine. He got cancer of the lymph system (very severe cancer that was in an advanced stage) at around age 18 more than thirty years ago. This was the dark ages of cancer treatment. His father, a doctor, made sure he saw the best doctor in the world. The doctor told him what they were going to do. He said best case scenario he would live 6 years after treatment. They removed a few lymph nodes and almost killed him with radiation. That was 34 years ago. He is still in remission. No sign of cancer. He says he would rather die than go through that again.

The next was a doctor neighbor of mine. I am not sure where she got her treatment. Her cancer metastasized and spread to her brain. She spent her last days screaming in pain because no amount of pain killer would dent the pain.

Another friend of mine has a brother with a very aggressive form of cancer. I forget what it is called. He defied the odds by being the longest survivor of this form of cancer in the world. He has always seen the best doctor willing to treat him as most saw him as a lost cause and he had been told he was about to die annually for 12 years. He just refuses to die. Almost everyone dies within 2 years. He has been in advanced stages for over 10 years. About a year and a half ago my friend was uncharacteristically facing the fact that his brother was about to die. He thought he had days or weeks. I didn't bring the subject up for a while, having never met his brother. Almost a year later I asked him about his brother. He told me he cheated death again and was doing much better. He just won't accept death as an option.

Then there is me. I was told if I was lucky I would live 2 years after being treated by the best team in the world for a large uveal melanoma. It was almost so big that they would have to enucleate (amputate) my eye. They decided to operate instead. They popped my eye out and sowed a radioactive plague over the tumor that was tailor made for my tumor . The plaque was a little bigger than a quarter as was my tumor. They put a lead patch over my eye since the radiation was directed only at the tumor and would leave my eye and go into the room in front of me. I was quarantined as a radiation hazard for almost a week after which they popped out my eye and removed the plaque. The treatment is 100% effective if the plaque can be placed properly. Sometimes the optic nerve makes proper positioning impossible and a second treatment is necessary to kill the tumor. My tumor was not one of these cases.

Once my eye was back in my head they gave it a steroid injection. Now all I had to worry about was metastasis. Metastasis would most likely happen with the genetic problem I have. I am missing the end of chromosome 3 (partial monosomy) and have amplification of chromosome 8. They predicted very high danger of metastasis. As it turns out I am the only case with amplification of chromosome 8 without missing all of chromosome 3 (Full monosomy). The ends of the chromosomes keep them from unravelling. The chromosome usually disappears quickly once the end is gone. Each time the cell reproduces the copies have the same problem as the original. There are several tumor suppressing genes on chromosome 3. I am missing at least one of them.

As a follow up at 6 months post-op they burned the tumor with red lasers (once the anesthesia wore of it was intensely painful) . A year from treatment they confirmed the tumor was dead. But that didn't change the odds of metastasis. My eyesight became like a funhouse mirror in that eye. I was told I would experience headaches as the brain struggled to align 2 images that can't be aligned. My brain did something they didn't expect. It turned off the image in the affected eye. I didn't get the headaches. It would turn it back on if I kept my good eye closed. They tried another steroid injection to help preserve my eyesight but it failed to help enough so they never gave me another. They warned the steroids may cause a cataract. Each time they said now we expect this might happen it had already occurred a long time before. About 2 years out the blood vessels in the treated area become occluded as expected. This causes more tissue death in addition to the collateral damage from the treatment. I was going blind in that eye because of the tissue death on the retina and the optic nerve. As my eyesight failed my brain turned the image back on because it knew it couldn't align the images so it stopped trying. I got the headaches at this time. I wore an eyepatch for a while to keep from getting headaches until I was totally blind in that eye.

Then I got a cataract. I was blind anyway in that eye but they needed to see in my eye to monitor expected side effects/problem. I got cataract surgery. After that had healed a green laser treatment to seal the eye to prevent bleeding into the gel of the eye from growing abnormal blood vessels to carry blood around the occluded vessels. If I have no signs of metastasis on my next visit that is the 5 year milestone I will make it to where metastasis is more rarely seen. If you get metastasis with this type of cancer you live for about 2 months before you die. There is little they can do. My doctor is using ground breaking treatment that could extend your life from 2 months to a year or so. It doesn't sound like much but it is better than being dead. Hopefully I won't need it. Before this treatment was attempted you were better off enjoying the month or so you had left since treatment would be ineffective anyway and affect your quality of life. Anyway after the 5 year milestone I am officially one of the rare cases that defy the odds (death) and have a better prognosis. They don't know why we defy the odds. Possibly a kick butt immune system from eating lean red meat or other factors unique to the individual. That visit will be in September. I have already survived longer than most people. The vast majority die in the first 2 or 3 years to metastasis. But most of them see doctors trained by the team that invented and performed the treatment I described above. Not the team I saw, who invented it, and perform more procedures than any other team in the world by far.

The real breakthroughs to come are fighting the cancer inside the cell itself. When they figure out how to do that, and they are close, treatments will be very different and much more effective. Almost routine, like treating the flu. Everybody produces tens of thousands of cancer cells a day. Their body recognizes them and they are destroyed. Certain mutations cause you to be lacking key genes or combinations of genes that prevent the cancer from being recognized by the cell so the cell can destroys itself. There are many layers of protection to destroy these cells, some within the cell and some outside the cell. If the cell multiplies into a cluster before being destroyed you have cancer. Curiously, people with smaller tumors of uveal melanoma usually don't have the chromosome issues that are more prevalent in larger tumors. They enjoy a much better prognosis.

Every doctor has their star patients no matter how bad they are. I am not sure what the success rate is for alternate medicine but having some star patients to trot out doesn't say much. It is the whole picture that matters. For the patient you must have a good attitude almost to the spiritual. Perception has a tendency to become reality. That is the main thing. I have always been comfortable that I will die at my time. I have had faith that you reap what you sow. If you do right in the world things will work out. If you do wrong you may perceive benefits but the intangibles will get you in the end. Poor health, poor social circle (quality not quantity) and a feeling of general unrest and unhappiness come from doing the wrong things. Truly forgiving others is the biggest gift you can give to yourself. Feelings of hatred and bigotry along with the inability to forgive others as well as yourself are more toxic than any treatment for cancer. It will kill you in the end. You reap what you sow.

And don't forget the source of all healing.
    yes, of course! Prayer and meditation with You Know Who.

Who?
    Dogma schmogma

Who?
    Dogma schmogma

Quote Originally Posted by Katweezel View Post
    Who?
    You know, DLC: Divine Conscious Light. You are IT!

You know, DLC: Divine Conscious Light. You are IT!
    Course! I'd (temporarily) forgotten.
    Dogma schmogma

+ Reply to Thread