+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ‘Entire Villages Were Cluster-Bombed’

Default Lebanon:‘Entire Villages Were Cluster-Bombed’

Cluster bombs, phosphorous, and depleted uranium munitions were rained upon the civilian areas of Lebanon. zg

---------------------

Thursday, 14, September, 2006

‘Entire Villages Were Cluster-Bombed’
    Agence France Presse —

JERUSALEM, 14 September 2006 — Israel’s Army dropped more than 1.2 million cluster bombs on Lebanon during the monthlong conflict, the Haaretz newspaper reported yesterday, citing an Israeli Army officer.

The unidentified officer described his unit’s use of the controversial bomblets during Israel’s 34-day offensive as “crazy and monstrous.”

“We covered entire villages with cluster bombs,” the newspaper quoted the commander as saying.

The 1.2 million cluster bombs cited by the commander only included those bomblets dropped by a Multiple Launch Rocket System. Additional cluster bombs were fired from 155mm mortars or dropped from the air, he said.

Other soldiers cited in the article said the army fired phosphorous shells to start fires in Lebanon.

The Red Cross says international law prohibits the use of phosphorous against people.

...continued here - http://www.arabnews.com/services/print/print.asp?artid=86520&d=14&m=9&y=2006&hl='Entire%20Villages%20Were%20Cluster-Bombed'
    Last edited by zengrifter; September 15th, 2006 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    Cluster bombs, phosphorous, and depleted uranium munitions were rained upon the civilian areas of Lebanon. zg
    B'ruch ha-Shem!

Quote Originally Posted by Automatic Monkey View Post
    B'ruch ha-Shem!
    Allahu Akbar!
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold. Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

Quote Originally Posted by Automatic Monkey View Post
    B'ruch ha-Shem!
    להרוג את כל הערבים המזוינים Oy Vey

That news article is th Arab side of the story. Where's Paul Harvey when you need him?
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

It takes a very long time to become young. Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    That news article is th Arab side of the story. Where's Paul Harvey when you need him?
    The rest of the story is that Israel carpet bombed a sovereign country, killing boatloads of civilians.
    Where is the outrage?
    Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold. Leo Tolstoy........

The rest of the story is that Israel carpet bombed a sovereign country, killing boatloads of civilians.
    Where is the outrage?
    Excuse me... that is the same side of the story... where's the balance?

Until I hear both sides, I do not believe partisans as yourself. My whole struggle being here is not to support Israel, but not to condemn it either in a Forum that caters to a one-sided view. I neither wish to be a proponent of Israel nor Palestine when it comes to war, but to be a proponent of victims of both sides, more so Palestine numberwise, without laying the blame at either side in the moral sphere, only recognizing the legality of Israel's existence as I am a believer in law and order. Let God judge the morality; let us aid the wounded, distressed, grieving, and suffering no matter which side they fall on. My being here is not to defend Israel's actions but to continually point out the absence of the other side of the story, wherein the two stories taken together would almost certainly give us a better insight into the real situation.

I find it amazing how the one side accuses the other (not represented here) of evil personified, and wants to wreak genocide against it for its unmitigated evil. I wish I had the gift of reading hearts and minds as posters here seem to believe that they possess.
    There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Until I hear both sides, I do not believe partisans as yourself. My whole struggle being here is not to support Israel, but not to condemn it either in a Forum that caters to a one-sided view. I neither wish to be a proponent of Israel nor Palestine when it comes to war, but to be a proponent of victims of both sides, more so Palestine numberwise, without laying the blame at either side in the moral sphere, only recognizing the legality of Israel's existence as I am a believer in law and order. Let God judge the morality; let us aid the wounded, distressed, grieving, and suffering no matter which side they fall on. My being here is not to defend Israel's actions but to continually point out the absence of the other side of the story, wherein the two stories taken together would almost certainly give us a better insight into the real situation.

I find it amazing how the one side accuses the other (not represented here) of evil personified, and wants to wreak genocide against it for its unmitigated evil. I wish I had the gift of reading hearts and minds as posters here seem to believe that they possess.

[Translation: KILL ALL THEM FUKKIN ARABS] Oy vey

Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post

[Translation: KILL ALL THEM FUKKIN ARABS] Oy vey
    An equal-access message from the Katzowhacker and Zzone, always fair always balanced!

An equal-access message from the Katzowhacker and Zzone, always fair always balanced!
    The Katzenjammer kids, Katz and Zengrifter. Jammer, in German, means misery. Interestingly, one begins his name with Z and the other ends his name with Z. They epitomize the ZZ (Zen Zone) with their unbalanced and conspiratorial views on everything from Z to shining Z. You can tell a Zebra by his stripes, and likewise these two are easy to spot in a crowd. They are most likely to be found in a Zoo, Zebras are. In the ZZ, what you see is what you get-- Zip, Zero, Zilch, the mark of the beaZt!
    Last edited by aslan; November 14th, 2014 at 12:39 AM.
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Only Israeli dual citizens are allowed to hold high office in U.S. government; no other groups are given that passage. The last dozen Fed chairmen have all been dual Israeli citizens including Janet Yellen. Here we have more examples of the unbalances you constantly scream about.

Quote Originally Posted by Svengarlicky View Post
    Only Israeli dual citizens are allowed to hold high office in U.S. government; no other groups are given that passage. The last dozen Fed chairmen have all been dual Israeli citizens including Janet Yellen. Here we have more examples of the unbalances you constantly scream about.
    Apparently many Americans see nothing wrong with a person holding dual citizenship occupying positions of power in the United States government. Perhaps Americans are too trusting and naive, and perhaps do not question the obvious question of split loyalty. I believe Aslan to be one such American.

Apparently many Americans see nothing wrong with a person holding dual citizenship occupying positions of power in the United States government. Perhaps Americans are too trusting and naive, and perhaps do not question the obvious question of split loyalty. I believe Aslan to be one such American.
    A person cannot be President or Vice President if he was born elsewhere. So how does this dual citizenship come up? Anyone elected to a public office who is a naturalized citizen, possessing dual citizenship, would be under more scrutiny than others. In the case of citizens by birth, sometimes they have been known to have a bias toward other conutries, for example, a person who sympathizes with the communist party might feel more strongly toward China or Cuba than toward the US, so it can have nothing to do with where they were born. At least with dual citizenship the potential for split loyalties is not hidden from view. An elected official must put the US first and he must swear to do so. His loyalties may not be split. If they are, he should be removed from office. Loyalty to the US must always come first. Where a conflict exists, he must always act in the best interest of the US, to which he has sworn to serve.
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

A person cannot be President or Vice President if he was born elsewhere. So how does this dual citizenship come up? Anyone elected to a public office who is a naturalized citizen, possessing dual citizenship, would be under more scrutiny than others. In the case of citizens by birth, sometimes they have been known to have a bias toward other conutries, for example, a person who sympathizes with the communist party might feel more strongly toward China or Cuba than toward the US, so it can have nothing to do with where they were born. At least with dual citizenship the potential for split loyalties is not hidden from view. An elected official must put the US first and he must swear to do so. His loyalties may not be split. If they are, he should be removed from office. Loyalty to the US must always come first. Where a conflict exists, he must always act in the best interest of the US, to which he has sworn to serve.
    You put the Party Line well ... as can be expected. Fifteen percent is five times over mathematical expectation. Such a high figure should concern you... And so should Bibi receiving 29 standing ovations from Congresscritters in 2012. The Israeli Lobby is heavily responsible for the 9% approval rating for Congress.

A Straight Look at the Jewish Lobby
    By Mark Weber

For many years Israel has violated well established standards of international law and has defied numerous United Nations resolutions in its occupation of conquered lands, in extra-judicial killings, and in its repeated acts of military aggression.

Most of the world regards Israels policies, and especially its oppression of Pal*estinians, as illegal and outrageous. This international consen*sus is reflected, for example, in numerous UN resolutions condemning Israel, which have been approved with overwhelming majorities.

The whole world, said United Nations Secretary General Kofi Annan, is demanding that Israel withdraw [from occupied Palestinian territories]. I dont think the whole world... can be wrong. [1]

Only in the United States do politicians and the media still fervently support Israel and defend its policies. For many years the US has provided Israel with crucial military, diplo*matic and financial backing, including more than $3 billion each year in aid.
    Why is the US such a staunch bastion of support for Israel?

Bishop Desmond Tutu of South Africa, who was awarded the 1984 Nobel Peace Prize, has candidly identified the reason. Speaking to an audience in Boston, he said:
    But you know as well as I do that, somehow, the Israeli government is placed on a pedestal [in the US], and to criticize it is to be immediately dubbed anti-Semitic ... People are scared in this country, to say wrong is wrong because the Jewish lobby is powerful -- very powerful. [2]

Bishop Tutu spoke the truth. Although Jews make up only two or three percent of the US population, they wield immense power and influence much more than any other ethnic or religious group.

As Jewish author and political science professor Benjamin Ginsberg has pointed out: [3]

Since the 1960s, Jews have come to wield considerable influence in American economic, cultural, intellectual and political life. Jews played a central role in American finance during the 1980s, and they were among the chief beneficiaries of that decades corporate mergers and reorganizations.

Today, though barely two percent of the nations population is Jewish, close to half its billionaires are Jews. The chief executive officers of the three major television networks and the four largest film studios are Jews, as are the owners of the nations largest newspaper chain and the most influential single newspaper, the New York Times... The role and influence of Jews in Ameri*can politics is equally marked...

Jews are only three percent of the nations population and comprise eleven percent of what this study defines as the nations elite. However, Jews constitute more than 25 percent of the elite journalists and publishers, more than 17 percent of the leaders of important voluntary and public interest organizations, and more than 15 percent of the top ranking civil servants.

SOURCE:
    http://www.ihr.org/leaflets/jewishlobby.shtml

You put the Party Line well ... as can be expected. Fifteen percent is five times over mathematical expectation. Such a high figure should concern you... And so should Bibi receiving 29 standing ovations from Congresscritters in 2012. The Israeli Lobby is heavily responsible for the 9% approval rating for Congress.

A Straight Look at the Jewish Lobby
    By Mark Weber

For many years Israel has violated well established standards of international law and has defied numerous United Nations resolutions in its occupation of conquered lands, in extra-judicial killings, and in its repeated acts of military aggression.

Most of the world regards Israel’s policies, and especially its oppression of Pal*estinians, as illegal and outrageous. This international consen*sus is reflected, for example, in numerous UN resolutions condemning Israel, which have been approved with overwhelming majorities.

“The whole world,“ said United Nations Secretary General Kofi Annan, “is demanding that Israel withdraw [from occupied Palestinian territories]. I don’t think the whole world... can be wrong.” [1]

Only in the United States do politicians and the media still fervently support Israel and defend its policies. For many years the US has provided Israel with crucial military, diplo*matic and financial backing, including more than $3 billion each year in aid.
    Why is the US such a staunch bastion of support for Israel?

Bishop Desmond Tutu of South Africa, who was awarded the 1984 Nobel Peace Prize, has candidly identified the reason. Speaking to an audience in Boston, he said:
    “But you know as well as I do that, somehow, the Israeli government is placed on a pedestal [in the US], and to criticize it is to be immediately dubbed anti-Semitic ... People are scared in this country, to say wrong is wrong because the Jewish lobby is powerful -- very powerful.” [2]

Bishop Tutu spoke the truth. Although Jews make up only two or three percent of the US population, they wield immense power and influence – much more than any other ethnic or religious group.

As Jewish author and political science professor Benjamin Ginsberg has pointed out: [3]

“Since the 1960s, Jews have come to wield considerable influence in American economic, cultural, intellectual and political life. Jews played a central role in American finance during the 1980s, and they were among the chief beneficiaries of that decade’s corporate mergers and reorganizations.

Today, though barely two percent of the nation’s population is Jewish, close to half its billionaires are Jews. The chief executive officers of the three major television networks and the four largest film studios are Jews, as are the owners of the nation’s largest newspaper chain and the most influential single newspaper, the New York Times... The role and influence of Jews in Ameri*can politics is equally marked...

“Jews are only three percent of the nation’s population and comprise eleven percent of what this study defines as the nation’s elite. However, Jews constitute more than 25 percent of the elite journalists and publishers, more than 17 percent of the leaders of important voluntary and public interest organizations, and more than 15 percent of the top ranking civil servants.”

SOURCE:
    http://www.ihr.org/leaflets/jewishlobby.shtml

Now you're supporting the United Nations?
    Last edited by aslan; November 17th, 2014 at 07:42 PM.
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

+ Reply to Thread