+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Losing Hangouts for 2018

  1. #1

    Default Losing Hangouts for 2018

    A local sports bar, The Fox, that I used to hangout at for going on 3 decades has now closed shop indefinitely. It sucks but that's how shit goes because I seen the writing on the wall before the news got announced. Business already sucked in this place and the only thing remotely even holding this place together was the poker degens that would frequent this pool hall and sports bar. This place depended heavily on the football crowd to help their revenues and knowing how there are many people boycotting the NFL in a Republican state, I'm not surprised they would fail. Local poker is now on the back burner as far as being able to play with people in person and meeting new people.

    The stupid fucking guy who ran the poker operation didn't help things out when he cut the field of players eligible for the money tournament by 33%, what an idiot! What a way to drive business off. This was the bar in which I had my last poker blow-up and told another poker player to go and fuck himself! No more local fun for now.

    On another note I lost my #1 neighborhood hangout for chillin, indefinitely. This 62 year old lady that I've known for a few years turned on me before 2017 ended and the witch tried to get me arrested. On the evening of December 19th we got into a big argument over how to make tea. I went Chef Ramsay on this old bat and she lost her goddamn mind when I called her a stupid woman in her own home. She kicked me out and mentioned that she was going to call the cops when I left her house but I didn't really believe her.

    About 30 minutes had passed and then I seen flash lights outside my door, I knew it was the cops. I knew I had to put on a good poker face for the cops and had to have a calm demeanor while I looked like a total degen or I was probably going to jail. This witch actually called the fucking cops on me! I was pissed off to learn of her total betrayal and backstabbing ways!

    This bitch tried to pull the young guy hit an old lady jedi mind trick card with the cops. She also told the cops that I had herb on a plate that belonged to me which I was trying to retrieve before she flipped it into the air. When the cops mentioned that to me, I responded by saying everything in her house belongs to her officer. I also had to explain to them that I would never hit an old lady and that she was lying. The cops bought my story and then served me with a No Tresspass on her property via her, I kindly returned the favor of a No Tresspass on her and that is when the cops discovered that she had 2 warrants on her when they ran her name. They arrested her instead of me. This bitch tried to get me arrested on some Trumped up charges which were outright lies and it totally backfired on her in ways that she could never imagine! I wish I could have seen the look on her face the moment the cuffs were getting put on her.
    She's been gone since the 19th of Dec and she is still in jail! The Dumb Bitch called the cops on herself! She tried to make trouble and I put it right back on her with a candle up her ass! It probably didn't help to make her look innocent that she has a sign outsider her front door that reads: "Danger Many Illegal Activities in This Household." It was wonderful to know that she spent Christmas, New Years Eve, & New Years Day in jail where she belongs. She was a lousy gin rummy player and I would constantly get on her ass for taking to long to make a decision. It kinda sucks that this happened because I had practiced playing cards in her house for years but I'll find another hangout.
    Last edited by Blitzkrieg; January 5th, 2018 at 03:15 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,466

    Default Blitz

    Strange deal, hope 2018 brings you good fortune and happiness.

    CP
    "Midwest Masters Of Advantage", "Strength and Honor."

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by creeping panther View Post
    Strange deal, hope 2018 brings you good fortune and happiness.

    CP
    Thanks CP, people change, I believe 2018 will be a very good year even though I've lost 2 local hangouts. That just means that I have to make new friends. I'm just glad and thankful that I didn't get hooked up with Trumped up charges before 2017 ended. That old witch (Broomhilda), tried to put a damn knife in my back, figuratively. If she would have never turned into a backstabbing cop caller things would have been just fine and she would be sleeping in her own bed. Happy New Year.

    Last edited by Blitzkrieg; January 7th, 2018 at 11:46 AM.

  4. #4

    Default A new hangout.

    Local playing opportunities have been shit since the start of this year. All the local games that were around have all dried up which hinders the ability to get out and meet new blood. Recently a buddy of mine was going to rent out a building to a local motorcycle club that was going to put on poker games but that fell thru.

    The new hangout is PokerStars. That's one good thing the internet is good for, bringing people together from all around the world. The funnest part of PokerStars are the poker tournaments where it seems that it's the only part of the website that could be beneficial to the player other than playing the real cash games and larger fields of players to go thru. The funnest poker game they have are the Stud Hi/Lo tourneys compared to all the NLHE games. I'm now up to 8 wins on that site across 3 different games, with 3 wins along with a 3rd and a 6th place in the last 5 days with minimal games being played. In 2 of my last 3 wins I had to overcome 50:1 and 60:1 chip stack ratios in NLHE to comeback and kick their asses to get the win. It was nice that PokerStars sent me a video on that 60:1 ratio win where I managed to comeback to take out the chip leader. Those 2 wins remind me of the time where I beat a 10 man/woman final table when I was down to a single chip, something they should all hang their heads down in shame for, for allowing such a thing to happen.
    Last edited by Blitzkrieg; April 5th, 2018 at 01:14 PM.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Jewnited States
    Posts
    1,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
    Local playing opportunities have been shit since the start of this year. All the local games that were around have all dried up which hinders the ability to get out and meet new blood. Recently a buddy of mine was going to rent out a building to a local motorcycle club that was going to put on poker games but that fell thru.

    The new hangout is PokerStars. That's one good thing the internet is good for, bringing people together from all around the world. The funnest part of PokerStars are the poker tournaments where it seems that it's the only part of the website that could be beneficial to the player other than playing the real cash games and larger fields of players to go thru. The funnest poker game they have are the Stud Hi/Lo tourneys compared to all the NLHE games. I'm now up to 8 wins on that site across 3 different games, with 3 wins along with a 3rd and a 6th place in the last 5 days with minimal games being played. In 2 of my last 3 wins I had to overcome 50:1 and 60:1 chip stack ratios in NLHE to comeback and kick their asses to get the win. It was nice that PokerStars sent me a video on that 60:1 ratio win where I managed to comeback to take out the chip leader. Those 2 wins remind me of the time where I beat a 10 man/woman final table when I was down to a single chip, something they should all hang their heads down in shame for, for allowing such a thing to happen.

    I'm sticking to brick and mortars. $3- $5 up to $5-$10 NL.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Svengarlicky View Post
    I'm sticking to brick and mortars. $3- $5 up to $5-$10 NL.
    Awesome Sven. Lately I've been to lazy to drive to the casino however there is a $50K NLHE tournament coming up in early May that I'm going to participate in.

  7. #7

    Default

    I got my 9th win on PS on another stud hi/lo tourney. 133 losing players, 1 winner.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,466

    Default blitz

    sorta sad, these sites really are dead, are they not?

    CP
    "Midwest Masters Of Advantage", "Strength and Honor."

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Jewnited States
    Posts
    1,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by creeping panther View Post
    sorta sad, these sites really are dead, are they not?

    CP
    Depends on your definition of "dead".

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by creeping panther View Post
    sorta sad, these sites really are dead, are they not?

    CP

    No, they are definitely not dead, maybe low traffic. The ZenZoneForum is the best Forum CP although it could use a bit of an upgrade. Here we don't have a forum Nazi who likes to ban everyone for small infractions. There is a library of interesting topics here at the ZZ.

  11. #11

    Default

    Got my 10th win on a Stars NLHE poker tourney. 149 got dusted, 1 winner.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by creeping panther View Post
    sorta sad, these sites really are dead, are they not?

    CP
    Blitzer. Here is a novel idea. We start a forum and encourage people NOT to post. Now if anyone complains about someone posting too much? We ban that person, even though the ones making the complaint has a history of making posts to only to complain. This is okay provided that person is kissing our asses. We will say we encourage new ideas and free speech, but we will have our own little cult that are the guide lines to follow. Anyone get's outside those lines? We ban them. We stick strictly to and recommend outdated books from the 70s and 80s. Thus we can impress upon individuals the reason they are losing is because they don't do enough reading.

    The genius of this is we will have posts and threads that go back two decades that will always reflect the same notions. Therefore, we must be correct because the same stuff gets posted over and over by us. But we fool them by constantly changing our handles and Avatars. We won't actually read any of the posts, because we are too busy. Simply ban anyone who fucks with a member of our cult.


    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
    Here we don't have a forum Nazi who likes to ban everyone for small infractions. .
    O dang it. Forget what I just wrote above. Somebody already beat us to the idea.


    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
    There is a library of interesting topics here at the ZZ.
    Yes there are. And you do a great job of keeping the topics in proper alignment.
    Last edited by Moses; April 19th, 2018 at 10:13 AM.

  13. #13

    Default

    I'm not going to start a forum. Besides, I wouldn't ban anyone if I did start a forum. Either DD or ZG edit the forum from time to time but they could do more to make the site more enjoyable and player friendly. We need some games on this site so we can play against each other. Some blackjack and poker games would be nice.
    Last edited by Blitzkrieg; April 22nd, 2018 at 02:02 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Islamic State is Losing Iraq
    By Katz in forum Real Politika
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 1st, 2015, 12:48 AM
  2. Saving the rich and losing the economy
    By Solve et Coagula in forum Real Politika
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: January 26th, 2015, 10:52 PM
  3. Losers Join the Losing Side
    By Katweezel in forum Anything Else But
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 6th, 2011, 03:37 AM
  4. The US and China: One Side is Losing, the Other is Winning
    By Solve et Coagula in forum Real Politika
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 25th, 2011, 04:51 PM
  5. The US and China: One Side is Losing, the Other is Winning
    By Solve et Coagula in forum Real Politika
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 6th, 2011, 07:33 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts