+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 47

Thread: Justin Flynn BJ INNOVATOR?? -video

  1. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KJ View Post
    So tell me is this Justin Flynn character selling/marketing something or just enjoys the attention of putting on a youtube "show"?

    I am recovering from surgery and admittedly am a bit cranky and I just don't feel like sitting through his videos....so just tell me....what is his angle....what is he selling? (that seems to have you so riled up )
    He's not a salesman like Morgenstern. That piece of shit known as Michael Morgenstern is a total loser and just wants to make as much money as he can from his stupid band of blackjack degenerates. Justin wants to teach people about blackjack, he's the Blackjack Innovator. Every week or so he puts out a different video about Blackjack and I would like to see him grow and become better as a teacher at blackjack. He doesn't mind putting his face out there so in that regard when people see things in his videos that he can do better as it pertains to his performance, I would like to see him address such issues in the next video. I'm not seeing this innovation in his play from week-to-week.

    For instance, he should have mastered the riffle shuffle by now. How hard is it to learn such a simple shuffling technique? Believe me I've heard enough stories like... I can't move my hands like that, I have a disability, I can't do it. All loser talk! It seems like ever since I needled him about his shuffling technique he's just abandoned it in his videos like he's embarrassed to do it, which gives us viewers at home what I would call a shitty game, dealer doesn't know how to deal. It's been weeks now, weeks!!! That's what I'm getting at. I once taught a 17 year old high school drop out how to riffle shuffle in about 5 minutes with my instruction. On the other hand Justin is a college educated engineer! Constructive criticism.

    I do like that he is willing to make some blackjack videos in the first place since he has an interest in the game, much like JSTAT's videos. I want him to keep going and keep making his blackjack videos.
    Last edited by Blitzkrieg; October 22nd, 2017 at 08:48 PM.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Well then, IF he is not selling anything, then I think you are being too hard on him. His purpose isn't to teach how to shuffle or deal, but to play blackjack.

    Now if he is wrong on some of his blackjack claims, facts, thoughts, then you have every right to be critical. But frankly I just don't give a damn about his shuffling or dealing. That's just me.

    One thought though, sometimes with these guys, it is a long marketing strategy. They need to or try to build up some credibility before they get into marketing their "system" or card counting aids, or merchandise or whatever it is they intend to market. I have no idea what this guy is about, but I wouldn't be so sure that just because he hasn't done any marketing, doesn't mean he doesn't intend to at some point. He may just be in the trying to gain credibility phase.

  3. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KJ View Post
    Well then, IF he is not selling anything, then I think you are being too hard on him. His purpose isn't to teach how to shuffle or deal, but to play blackjack.

    Now if he is wrong on some of his blackjack claims, facts, thoughts, then you have every right to be critical. But frankly I just don't give a damn about his shuffling or dealing. That's just me.

    One thought though, sometimes with these guys, it is a long marketing strategy. They need to or try to build up some credibility before they get into marketing their "system" or card counting aids, or merchandise or whatever it is they intend to market. I have no idea what this guy is about, but I wouldn't be so sure that just because he hasn't done any marketing, doesn't mean he doesn't intend to at some point. He may just be in the trying to gain credibility phase.
    I'm not being to hard on him with my criticisms. Not in the least. You can look at and read every candy coated comment from other viewers on his channel/videos saying he's doing a good job, bullshit! Those people are not telling him the truth and are being way to nice, which is doing more harm to Justin in the long run.

    Of course his purpose isn't to teach people how to shuffle cards or deal properly but your missing the more important point regarding Blackjack gaming and professionalism. But then again you won't even check out the video to see why I've criticized his game to the extent I have and have challenged his claims, facts, and thoughts via my posts.

    I don't give a damn if he cuts a few blackjack procedural corners to increase the speed of the deal in his blackjack videos, I'm all for that. He isn't paying out players cheques so that's going to naturally speed the game up. However, Justin still has a governor on his game speed.

    If Justin is in the "trying to gain credibility phase," just check out the video to last Wednesdays livestream. It might scare you to see what you discover. Hell, you may even want to offer some guidance to that level 1 Hi/Lo practitioner of the game, both of you use the same counting strategy KJ.
    Last edited by Blitzkrieg; October 25th, 2017 at 01:30 PM.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
    But then again you won't even check out the video to see.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
    just check out the video to last Wednesdays livestream.
    Nope! Nope! Nope! Not going to do it. My good friend <- , Norman Wattenberger (do you know of him?) likes to say "I don't have time for this. I have work to do." Well I actually don't have work to do as my work year (blackjack) has come to an early end, while I recover from surgery. BUT...even with a ton of free time....I am still not going to look....that is how much I just don't care about Justin whatever his name is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
    Hell, you may even want to offer some guidance to that level 1 Hi/Lo practitioner of the game, both of you use the same counting strategy KJ.
    Yes, he and I and a million others use Hi-Lo. That doesn't put any of us in some kind of small close knit club.

    As for offering some guidance: You know I have done that for close to 10 years now, since I first joined the blackjack AP community. Shared my experiences and shared my advice and opinions. And you know what it has gotten me. I am sort of ostracized in the blackjack community. No my days of offering advice are mostly behind me, with the exception of my blackjack partner.

  5. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KJ View Post
    Nope! Nope! Nope! Not going to do it. My good friend <- , Norman Wattenberger (do you know of him?) likes to say "I don't have time for this. I have work to do." Well I actually don't have work to do as my work year (blackjack) has come to an early end, while I recover from surgery. BUT...even with a ton of free time....I am still not going to look....that is how much I just don't care about Justin whatever his name is.



    Yes, he and I and a million others use Hi-Lo. That doesn't put any of us in some kind of small close knit club.

    As for offering some guidance: You know I have done that for close to 10 years now, since I first joined the blackjack AP community. Shared my experiences and shared my advice and opinions. And you know what it has gotten me. I am sort of ostracized in the blackjack community. No my days of offering advice are mostly behind me, with the exception of my blackjack partner.
    Excuses are like assholes, everybody's got one and you just told us yours. Somehow I knew you wouldn't check out Justin's video session that was full of mistakes so you could offer a little input. Are you afraid? KJ, if I came over to your house to deal you some Blackjack would you wuss out? That way you wouldn't be able to use your surgery as an excuse as to why you cannot leave the house to play Blackjack. On the other hand, I hope your recovery goes well.

    You Hi/Lo users are not in a close knit club but you people do make up the vast majority of blackjack card counters out there I would have to imagine. Such a simple counting system.

    As far as offering guidance to players you only got ostracized on one forum. It didn't happen here. There is more to the blackjack community than one forum. Blackjacktheforum sucks!
    Last edited by Blitzkrieg; October 26th, 2017 at 10:42 AM.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Oh, I can leave the house. I left the house yesterday, to go to a nearby park with a walking path and walked a whopping couple hundred yards. Boy did that knock the hell out of me. I was not and am not ready for that yet. Still too weak. But I will get thee over the next month or so

    BUT...you missed my point. The purpose of me sharing my current medical situation was to show that currently I do have a lot of free time on my hands and I still just don't care about Justin whoever-he-is. He just has no effect on me, my life or my blackjack game and career, when I get back to them.

    I guess my big question continues to be why do you care so much? How is whether Justin whoever is a good blackjack player, a good dealer, or whether he should be teaching anything effect you?

    I mean I guess in fairness, I once had those kind of concerns with T3 on the voodoo forum. He was a fraud and he was misleading and deceiving other members and especially the newer guys and some how I felt it was my duty to expose that and protect everyone. Looking back...I have no idea why I felt that way.

    I have a saying that on these forums, on youtube, in life in general, "it doesn't take much to figure out who knows what they are talking about and who is just talking." And anyone, even new players has the responsibility to figure that out on their own. If you are serious about the game, you should be able to figure out who is legit and who is blowing smoke.

    So Justin whoever...I am sure he has flaws in his game. I have flaws in my game. There are no perfect players or people. If you for whatever reason think it is your responsibility or duty to point out Justin whoever's flaws....have at it. It just isn't my concern....especially right now.
    Last edited by KewlJ; October 26th, 2017 at 01:49 PM.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,466

    Default Kj

    I hope you recover well,,is it the Heart ailment you had a few years back? Nothing like an illness to rock you back to reality and your mortality, and you can use that to improve upon your life and those around you...

    Best,
    CP.
    "Midwest Masters Of Advantage", "Strength and Honor."

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by creeping panther View Post
    I hope you recover well,,is it the Heart ailment you had a few years back? Nothing like an illness to rock you back to reality and your mortality, and you can use that to improve upon your life and those around you...

    Best,
    CP.


    Yes, CP. Heart valve replacement, same as 6 years ago. I am in my mid 30s and have now had 2 open heart surgeries. I am a quite frustrated with that.

    At the time of my original replacements (2 valves) I opted for mechanical valves over tissue valves because they last longer...supposedly. I was told 25-30 years before one or both might need to be replaced again. I got 6 years. Talk about your bad variance. Some people think I am always on the plus side of variance. On the single most important issue of my life, I was WAY on the short side of the bell curve.

    I am 2 weeks out of surgery today. I feel awful. But doc says I am doing fine. I have stopped taking the pain med so I am in good deal of discomfort. I am incredibly weak and tire very easily. And it is difficult to get any kind of real rest. I am also cranky and pretty frustrated. But I will make it. I have 3 wonderful family members, my mother my brother and my partner, who are helping me and with me 24/7.

    It will be rough 4 more weeks or so, but how does the saying go...."That which doesn't kill us makes us stronger"? So come the first of the year....watch out world!

    Add on: On mortality: I never thought I was going to die this time around. I believe in God and have a good relationship with him. We talk every day. I was pretty sure he didn't want me up there bothering him just yet.

    But this experience has effected my thinking in that I waste too much time and effort worrying about the past, holding grudges, wanting to even scores...that type of thing...things I can't control. Life really is too short for all that shit. My new focus is on today, tomorrow and the future.

    Hope you are well and happy CP my friend and loving the hell out of those grandkids.
    Last edited by KewlJ; October 31st, 2017 at 01:05 AM.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    306

    Default

    And if anyone is wondering KJ and kewlJ are both me. I somehow became unable to post as KJ, so MR Zengrifter, set up a temporary account and might (I don't know) merge the two at some point.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,466

    Default Kj

    Quote Originally Posted by KewlJ View Post
    And if anyone is wondering KJ and kewlJ are both me. I somehow became unable to post as KJ, so MR Zengrifter, set up a temporary account and might (I don't know) merge the two at some point.
    I will keep you in my thoughts during your recovery and pray all goes well. Please keep us informed as to the progress and all your future endeavors and experiences on the felt. And yes, thanks, my grandkids are indeed now my life.

    CP
    "Midwest Masters Of Advantage", "Strength and Honor."

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by creeping panther View Post
    I will keep you in my thoughts during your recovery and pray all goes well.
    Thank you kindly CP.

    Quote Originally Posted by creeping panther View Post
    Please keep us informed as to the progress and all your future endeavors and experiences on the felt. And yes, thanks, my grandkids are indeed now my life.
    CP, do you still visit casinos and play Blackjack regularly? If you do or just have the desire to talk blackjack, the old blackjackinfo message board is up and running again with limited members and we are starting to have some good discussions. The site is own by the same online casino company that now owns BJ21 and Wizard's sites. Some people are leary of that. I am not too worried. The site is lightly moderated by Al Rogers. If you are so inclined....check it out.

    That isn't an attempt to steal anyone away from here. It's just there isn't a whole lot of BJ discussion here these days. As a mater of fact ZG participates at BJinfo just under a slightly altered handle.
    Last edited by KewlJ; October 31st, 2017 at 02:10 PM.

  12. #42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KewlJ View Post
    Oh, I can leave the house. I left the house yesterday, to go to a nearby park with a walking path and walked a whopping couple hundred yards. Boy did that knock the hell out of me. I was not and am not ready for that yet. Still too weak. But I will get thee over the next month or so

    BUT...you missed my point. The purpose of me sharing my current medical situation was to show that currently I do have a lot of free time on my hands and I still just don't care about Justin whoever-he-is. He just has no effect on me, my life or my blackjack game and career, when I get back to them.

    I guess my big question continues to be why do you care so much? How is whether Justin whoever is a good blackjack player, a good dealer, or whether he should be teaching anything effect you?

    I mean I guess in fairness, I once had those kind of concerns with T3 on the voodoo forum. He was a fraud and he was misleading and deceiving other members and especially the newer guys and some how I felt it was my duty to expose that and protect everyone. Looking back...I have no idea why I felt that way.

    I have a saying that on these forums, on youtube, in life in general, "it doesn't take much to figure out who knows what they are talking about and who is just talking." And anyone, even new players has the responsibility to figure that out on their own. If you are serious about the game, you should be able to figure out who is legit and who is blowing smoke.

    So Justin whoever...I am sure he has flaws in his game. I have flaws in my game. There are no perfect players or people. If you for whatever reason think it is your responsibility or duty to point out Justin whoever's flaws....have at it. It just isn't my concern....especially right now.
    No, I didn't miss your point. Anyways if you do happen to check out Justin's channel it may put you in a cardiac arrest so you may not want to do that. He's way to slow at handling a Blackjack game from a teaching standpoint and he's not organized and driven enough to keep me interested in his game. He's a Hi/Lo flipper.

    In my opinion he is a lazy card player.


    It sounds like you need some Vegas ReLeaf KJ.
    https://lasvegasreleaf.com/

    I hope your recovery goes well as heart surgery is some serious stuff.
    Last edited by Blitzkrieg; October 31st, 2017 at 08:39 PM.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    448

    Default

    KJ, did not know you just had a surgery. Take it easy and wish you well!
    After over 10000 BS bragging posts, it turns out that T3 doesn't even play BJ! What a damn joke, LOL!
    T3 is no threat to any casino because he spends most of his time bragging on BTF.
    T3: Talk The Talk.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Blitz, I did check out a little more of your friend Justin Flynn's videos as you wanted. You want me to critique him, ok he needs a haircut!

    I still don't see any selling or marketing from him, so I see no reason to get excited about anything. I guess he is just a guy that likes seeing himself on youtube. He describes himself as a card counter (I am assuming not professionally). I just have to wonder how he thinks having his face all over youtube helps longevity.


    Thanks for the well wishes guys. Appreciated.
    Last edited by KewlJ; October 31st, 2017 at 10:14 PM.

  15. #45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KewlJ View Post
    Blitz, I did check out a little more of your friend Justin Flynn's videos as you wanted. You want me to critique him, ok he needs a haircut!

    I still don't see any selling or marketing from him, so I see no reason to get excited about anything. I guess he is us a guy that likes seeing himself on youtube He describes himself as a card counter (I am assuming not professionally). I just have to wonder how he thinks having his face all over youtube helps longevity.


    Tanks for the well wishes guys. Appreciated.
    I thought you would have digged the long hair, guess not. He's not selling products like Morgenstern.

    That was a good point you brought up regarding longevity. I don't think it's smart to do those blackjack videos as a junior card counter because he is putting his face out there. He says he likes to do the hit and run tactic, jumping from table to table and he mentioned that he's going to Vegas soon to play some blackjack. It's a long ways from Atlanta to Vegas, why would anyone want to travel that far just to play some blackjack?

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Ion Saliu (aka Parpaluck), Your Humble Zen Musician & Gambling System Innovator
    By Ion Saliu Fan in forum Voodoo & Unconfirmed Gambling Systems
    Replies: 389
    Last Post: May 29th, 2014, 03:26 AM
  2. Runner Runner stars Ben Affleck & Justin Timberlake - VIDEO
    By DDutton in forum Entertainment and Pop Culture
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 1st, 2013, 02:32 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 15th, 2011, 05:57 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts