+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alien Covenant

Default Alien Covenant

If you guys haven't seen this latest movie I thought it was an awesome sci-fi thriller.

Last edited by DDutton; June 1st, 2017 at 04:20 PM. Reason: embed

Default Blitz

found it lacking.

CP
    "Midwest Masters Of Advantage", "Strength and Honor."

Quote Originally Posted by creeping panther View Post
    found it lacking.

CP
    That's cool CP. I enjoyed the flick although the crew seemed like a bunch of goof balls, as in how and the hell did they get chosen to colonize a new planet? There were some scenes I wanted to see that the director really didn't portray to the degree that I would have liked so one could only elaborate as to what happened, such as the evolution and transformation of Dr. Shaw, also when David supposedly kills his "brother" and cuts off his right hand to fool the humans while masking his deception in order to gain access to the mother ship.

I really liked the mind fuck at the end when the last human gets put in stasis, only to realize that she's in the hands of the enemy, the AI. You get to see the evil side of artificial intelligence that becomes self aware.

As far as Ridley Scott's mode of space travel in the movie, it seems more real than Star Trek or Star Wars. I don't think it is physically possible for the body to travel at exponents of the speed of light and be able to survive. Whereas having an android to pilot a ship where humans are kept in a metabolic stasis seems more reasonable with our level of technology for deep space travel.

Another thing that caught my attention was the music selection by the android David. He likes Richard Wagner's, Entry of the Gods Into Valhalla. Not long ago I learned that Wagner was Hitler's favorite music composer.

"Richard Wagner (1818-1883) was Hitler's favorite composer. During World War I, it is reported, he carried Wagner's music from Tristanin his knapsack. Often Hitler had Wagner's music performed at party rallies and functions. Wagner's music was uncompromisingly serious, and intensely Teutonic. It was not only Wagner's music that 'struck a chord' with Hitler, but also his political views. Wagner wrote a violently antisemitic booklet in the 1850s called Das Judebthum in die Musik (Judaism in Music) insisting the Jews poisoned public taste in the arts. He founded the Bayreuth festival, which in the 1930s and 1940s was used by the Nazi party as a propaganda tool against the Jews." http://fcit.usf.edu/holocaust/arts/musreich.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b80Jw8MuZxo Entry of the Gods Into Valhalla

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGU1P6lBW6Q Ride of the Valkyries
    Last edited by Blitzkrieg; May 24th, 2017 at 02:18 AM.

+ Reply to Thread