+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Basic Strategy Effected by Bad Players?

Last edited by zengrifter; March 2nd, 2017 at 10:38 PM. Reason: embed

Quote Originally Posted by Bjarg View Post
    I watched about 10 minutes (of 24). I wish I had those 10 wasted minutes of my life back. This video clearly proves Mr. Morgenstern doesn't understand the basics of card counting.

I mean if someone chooses that they don't want to be bothered with playing deviations, they can do so and they could still play a winning game by bet variation alone, since bet variation is much more important than playing efficiency, especially for shoe games that most of us play. And maybe Michael Morgenstern has done this. I am a proponent of keeping the game simple with minimal index plays. I use just a few more than the Ill. 18. But to say the things Michael is saying backed up by faulty reasoning, proven false by mathematics, just highlights his basic lack of understanding of card counting.....and I mean "basic".

For the record Michael Morgenstern, basic strategy was not developed in the 70's, nor was it "invented" by the MIT guys....and the MIT teams most certainly did deviate from basic strategy at the proper times.

ZG? Your name was invoked....stating that you never deviated from basic strategy. Do you want to confirm this? ZG, I know you have some of the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" thing going on, and a little 'bromance' with a fellow 'fed brother', but with your name being invoked, it is time for you to weigh in. Are you endorsing this crap?
    Last edited by KJ; March 2nd, 2017 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ View Post
    ZG? Your name was invoked....stating that you never deviated from basic strategy. Do you want to confirm this? ZG, I know you have some of the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" thing going on, and a little 'bromance' with a fellow 'fed brother', but with your name being invoked, it is time for you to weigh in. Are you endorsing this crap?
    Is that so?
    Apparently I didnt get that far.

I have weighed in, here -
    Basic Strategy: "Zero Deviations for Counters?"
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

Quote Originally Posted by Bjarg View Post
    Is that so?
    Apparently I didnt get that far.
    At about 9:05

ZG, I know you have some of the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" thing going on...
    I consider him a marked improvement over my last enemy's enemy friend... Ion Saliu!
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

I watched about 10 minutes (of 24). I wish I had those 10 wasted minutes of my life back. This video clearly proves Mr. Morgenstern doesn't understand the basics of card counting.
    Your statement reflects what I thought about him only after viewing 60 seconds of the very first video I ever watched of him, weeks ago that is. Believe me, it was eye candy watching him quit and give up on that 6 deck countdown on camera.
    Last edited by Blitzkrieg; March 3rd, 2017 at 12:40 PM.

+ Reply to Thread