+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Better software than QFIT ( CVCX/CVDATA) ? For Blackjack.

Default Better software than QFIT ( CVCX/CVDATA) ? For Blackjack.

Hi,

I Play blackjack and have the softwares CVData and CVCX. I have to say i am not very glad, i have had lots of problems. Still today, i have big difference ( 4 %) with sims from cvdata and cvcx. With SAME parameters, exactly the sames, i have differents EV ( 77 and 80).

Do you think i can find and buy a better software ? What is the point of view of the best AP ?

Thanks

Ciaoman

You might try writing your own, or adapting some of the open-source sims out there. For straight play analysis it's really not that difficult, and it's a worthy exercise for when you need something off-the-shelf software can't simulate...

Thanks John.

Have you links to find open source code program ?

Thanks again.

Just google around a little. You'll of course want to verify that the results are consistent with published results regardless. A long time ago I adapted PowerSIM to simulate some special circumstances and side bets. While the language and development environment it was done in are absolutely atrocious (xbasic or something), it did get the job done, and did so quickly. http://www.blackjackforumonline.com/...mSimp_Beta.htm

At the very least you should consider rewriting it in C or something, but it's really quite simple to do. Index generation and combinatorics are a little more tricky, but doable. I think there are open-source analyzers available, but I haven't used them much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciaoman View Post
    Hi,

I Play blackjack and have the softwares CVData and CVCX. I have to say i am not very glad, i have had lots of problems. Still today, i have big difference ( 4 %) with sims from cvdata and cvcx. With SAME parameters, exactly the sames, i have differents EV ( 77 and 80).

Do you think i can find and buy a better software ? What is the point of view of the best AP ?

Thanks

Ciaoman
    I should also point out that I don't think there's a problem with CVDATA or CVCX; there's almost certainly a subtle difference in your settings and analysis that you are overlooking. All the more reason to fully understand the simulators. If you write to Norm he will probably help you out.

Powersim, thanks.
    Thanks also for your other answers.

I have had some problems, i wrote to norm and he answered, but he never corrected the mistake.

JohnDoe, can you help me to have a very good number integer generator random, for C language code ?

I found this one, but i have a lot of problems : http://paulbourke.net/miscellaneous/random/randomlib.c

I don't know off-hand, it's been a while since I've coded one.

https://github.com/seblau/BlackJack-Simulator might be helpful.

Really, what you need is to study shuffle randomizers, as well as a reasonable RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciaoman View Post
    Different if not better. Check out DEEPNET's very viable alternatives -
    > https://www.deepnettech.com/blackjack.html
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

+ Reply to Thread