+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 91

Thread: Blitz-Boz Winner Pay Discussion

  1. #16
    Boz's Avatar
    Boz is offline Major Asshole Bet Welshing Loser - BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Villiam View Post
    I predicted a very close election based on him winning OH, FL, AZ and NC.
    Everyone predicted Ohio and Arizona going for Trump, and North Carolina as a toss-up. Florida was the only one where opinions differed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Villiam View Post
    I didn't predict NV would swing R
    Yes, you did. You kept going on about how all he needed to do next was flip New Hampshire and he'd win with 272 votes. How did he do that without already having Nevada in your retarded no toss-up map that showed Nevada as red? Did he get 6 free votes for being Trump?

    Quote Originally Posted by Villiam View Post
    I didn't predict GA would be close
    Yes, you did. Then you changed your mind and said it was no longer a swing state even though Georgia isn't a swing state.

    Quote Originally Posted by Villiam View Post
    The record makes this all quite clear.
    Yes, it does. Fortunately for you, most people don't bother to fact-check. Unfortunately for you, I do.

    Quote Originally Posted by Villiam View Post
    well that's okay because at least I don't look like a total fool, right!?
    Wrong.

  2. #17
    Boz's Avatar
    Boz is offline Major Asshole Bet Welshing Loser - BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    Blitz may need to get a lawyer... a decent lawyer.
    To tell him that gambling, particularly on political outcomes, is generally against the law in the United States, and that any such "contract" is unenforceable? If I could have just sued him for nonpayment, why would I care about setting up an escrow account?

    Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    As B0z0 seems to be making noises about paying up, I may have to concede I could have been wrong about him welching and doing a runner... if in fact he does pay up and does not still do a runner.
    I seriously doubt he can offer any convincing evidence that he took this bet seriously and had any intention of paying in the event of a loss. I asked a number of disinterested people about this bet; I took a poll so to speak. 100% said he was not going to pay based on the circumstances. Regardless of consequences I agreed to, I am not handing a large sum over to a scammer. I cannot imagine any way he's going to be able to justify refusing to ensure payment BEFORE the outcome was known. He's welcome to definitively prove that I have a limited imagination to receive full payment. But that's not the only question I have. I don't think he even has the money to cover the bet. Believe me, he wishes he had borrowed the money to put in escrow after the upset tonite. And I'm laughing my ass off that he wouldn't cooperate with me to make this bet fair and proper. He's also wondering how far he should go to collect; what type of image should he should try and project versus what are the odds I'll fall for some hair-brained attempt at tricking me? Idiot Villiam keeps saying how generous it was of Burger King to accept even odds on the election. Not generous if you have 1/4 chance of winning $2K and 0% of losing anything! I rated my odds of collecting as smaller as election day got closer and no progress was made in establishing payment procedures. But I've been wrong before, maybe he's legit, we'll see. If he fails to provide convincing proof to me of legitimacy, which he almost certainly will fail to do, then I will accept whatever penalty the mods would have given him if he lost. And believing he would probably not pay, I advocated perma-ban. Dislike me all you want, but there's no reason to disbelieve what I say. I've been expressing the same concerns since August, and been making every attempt to ensure that the winner got paid on November 9 by a neutral third-party, thinking I would win the bet. He'd have the money at 8 AM if he had cooperated, and I'd be unable to stop it. He's been pretending he's sure he would win as a front, knowing all projections indicated he would lose. No person on earth was certain Trump would win. There was a chance. Now he's going to have to go back and disprove the obvious if he wants to get paid, because he refused to cooperate for three months. This was a dumbass angle-shoot. Unfortunately, I couldn't expose it for what it clearly is. I have to be the insurance adjuster instead. The fact that I'm still here is testament that I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt when I could in fact just take the fuck off. So maybe you shouldn't piss me off until after he fails to prove himself. The last time I talked like this, demanding information and standards for the bet, he attempted to cancel the bet. So I kept my mouth shut and handed it to the mods. Well, what's he going to do now? Cancel the bet? No objection here. Now, he must comply. And I warned him, that on the off-chance that he won, this is exactly what would happen if we didn't get things straightened out back then. And I gotta say, making an unfriendly bet more unfriendly certainly didn't help matters. The two of you were anticipating I would win, hoping I wouldn't, and setting him up for excuses for nonpayment like how I would never pay. And he agreed. Well why would he pay me then? There's a lot of shit to unravel, and you only made it a tad bit worse for him, probably hoping you'd fuck me over. I'm not a degenerate gambler like Villiam, and probably BK. I make smart bets. And I suspected the whole time that BK was taking a shot. I don't just hand out 2K to random people because they tricked me. It don't happen, sorry. I'm not going to beg him to let me pay him. I gave him a time table to convince me it's not a scam. He can go back and review, from three months ago, everything I needed to know. And I'm not going to give him any helpful comments on why his explanations are lacking. They are either satisfactory or they aren't. He wants real money in the real world. So if his explanations as to why he lacked diligence and why he's entitled to my money are fraudulent, I won't be accommodating. No more games.
    Last edited by Boz; November 9th, 2016 at 05:10 AM.

  3. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boz View Post
    I need to know, among other things, why he was going to pay me if he lost, after you and Katz told him I wasn't going to pay and he agreed with you. He had ample opportunity to answer this and other questions BEFORE he won, because I asked them REPEATEDLY. Nothing new here. None of your nonsense and name-calling is helping his collection efforts, but they may be hurting him. I let them go because he threatened to cancel the bet and I figured I'd win anyway--and did not expect he'd pay up. There was even a plan in place to try and trick him into believing I had used his bet as collateral in another fictitious bet that I lost, to guilt him into paying the other person, who would take a cut--and that person can back me up if he felt it necessary. That was a substantial sacrifice in EV I was willing to give up because I believed he was probably trying to defraud me. But now he won and wants the money. Now he has to face the music if he wants the money. There's zero issues if he's not deceiving, but I seriously doubt that's the case. Regardless of whatever minor consequences I might face, he needs to prove himself or he gets zilch. I have posted pages of my analysis of my EV, backing up my probability. I have attempted to place my money in a joint escrow with him, to which he has refused. He has posted nothing except he was "certain of a Trump landslide" and contradictory statements like he would pay me even though I wouldn't pay him, and that I am making a bet with someone else besides him. No new concern or question is being brought up or expected to be answered that was not demanded from him when I thought I would win.
    I had a feeling that Trump was NOT going to lose the election. You shouldn't have put your trust in the mainstream media, we tried to tell you many times that CNN was rigging their polls, then you had all the Wikileak dumps. I mean come on, did you really expect to win the bet when Mrs. Clinton had to face the American voter at the polls? That's where you got the real truth at just how badly you were being lied to by CNN, other networks, and their rigged polls. I need to prove myself? Well were going to do this by Western Union. I will be in touch with you via this site as to who (the name) you will send the $$$$ to, it will be a female to let you know. I will give you her phone number when the time is right via private email and I will ask you for your number.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    In the YO
    Posts
    15,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boz View Post


    I seriously doubt he can offer any convincing evidence that he took this bet seriously and had any intention of paying in the event of a loss. Regardless of consequences I agreed to, I am not handing a large sum over to a scammer. I cannot imagine any way he's going to be able to justify refusing to ensure payment BEFORE the outcome was known. He's welcome to definitively prove that I have a limited imagination to receive full payment. But that's not the only question I have. I don't think he even has the money to cover the bet. If he fails to provide convincing proof to me, which he almost certainly will, then I will accept whatever penalty the mods would have given him if he lost. And believing he would probably not pay, I advocated perma-ban.

    WHAT?


  5. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    As B0z0 seems to be making noises about paying up, I may have to concede I could have been wrong about him welching and doing a runner... if in fact he does pay up and does not still do a runner. However, I see he is making swindley-lawyerspeak claims about irrelevant detail in an attempt to cloud the issue. Blitz may need to get a lawyer... a decent lawyer.

    As for me, I started out hating Trump [and I always hated Hillary] and gave him no chance. As time went by I changed my mind. In recent months I heard some Trump speeches where he really did speak from the heart, to the people, honestly and forthright... something she was never able to do... because that is not in her nature.

    He spoke about creating more jobs, fixing infrastructure, better health care, better vet care... stuff she never mentioned much. I believe, in the end, We The People responded with a rejection of more of the same Bush/Cheney/Obama wars, shit and corruption. Pollsters missed all that... of course.

    I was even able to turn a blind eye to Trump's love of Israel and his bed-sharing with the Zionists... for the moment.
    Well hopefully I don't need to get a lawyer. Trump's message definitely resonated with the populace and it showed because that map was real RED. I'm glad Assange was wrong about him not getting elected. We'll see what kind of President he is and if Trump and Boz sticks to their word.

  6. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boz View Post
    To tell him that gambling, particularly on political outcomes, is generally against the law in the United States, and that any such "contract" is unenforceable? If I could have just sued him for nonpayment, why would I care about setting up an escrow account?



    I seriously doubt he can offer any convincing evidence that he took this bet seriously and had any intention of paying in the event of a loss. I asked a number of disinterested people about this bet; I took a poll so to speak. 100% said he was not going to pay based on the circumstances. Regardless of consequences I agreed to, I am not handing a large sum over to a scammer. I cannot imagine any way he's going to be able to justify refusing to ensure payment BEFORE the outcome was known. He's welcome to definitively prove that I have a limited imagination to receive full payment. But that's not the only question I have. I don't think he even has the money to cover the bet. Believe me, he wishes he had borrowed the money to put in escrow after the upset tonite. And I'm laughing my ass off that he wouldn't cooperate with me to make this bet fair and proper. He's also wondering how far he should go to collect; what type of image should he should try and project versus what are the odds I'll fall for some hair-brained attempt at tricking me? Idiot Villiam keeps saying how generous it was of Burger King to accept even odds on the election. Not generous if you if you have 1/4 chance of winning $2K and 0% of losing anything! I rated my odds of collecting as smaller as election day got closer and no progress was made in establishing payment procedures. But I've been wrong before, maybe he's legit, we'll see. If he fails to provide convincing proof to me of legitimacy, which he almost certainly will fail to do, then I will accept whatever penalty the mods would have given him if he lost. And believing he would probably not pay, I advocated perma-ban. Dislike me all you want, but there's no reason to disbelieve what I say. I've been expressing the same concerns since August.
    You lost fair-n-square. Don't call me a bet welcher when you lose the bet asshole. Of course you were going to get paid if I lost and I do have the $$$$, of course I wasn't going to put any cash in an escrow. I don't need a middle man to hold something I own and have. You need to get ready to pay up after I had to sweat losing for a few months, against a rigged system and rigged media no doubt. Don't be cheap Boz. It's time to pay the piper and pay up!

  7. #22
    Boz's Avatar
    Boz is offline Major Asshole Bet Welshing Loser - BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
    I had a feeling that Trump was NOT going to lose the election.
    You had a name for that "feeling." It was called certainty. Which is one reason why it's odd you refused, despite repeated requests, to put in place payment procedures BEFORE the outcome was known.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
    I mean come on, did you really expect to win the bet when Mrs. Clinton had to face the American voter at the polls?
    Yes. 72.5% expectation. I gave almost daily updates.

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
    I need to prove myself?
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
    Well were going to do this by Western Union. I will be in touch with you via this site as to who (the name) you will send the $$$$ to, it will be a female to let you know. I will give you her phone number when the time is right via private email and I will ask you for your number.
    OK. But I don't think you're taking any of this seriously and may be vastly underestimating my lack of patience for your games. The bright side of Trump winning is that I don't have to walk on eggshells with you anymore, or try and trick you into paying someone else at a discount that you may be more inclined to pay. You're out of luck if you're going to keep silent on all the issues you raised, although if you attempt to explain them, you'll probably make it even more obvious you're scamming. Your deadline to prove and explain everything I required has been altered from three days to thirty-six hours. Say something else and you forfeit the chance I'm giving you. It is was a simple task to prove you were legit, but you passed it up. Now, you gotta convince me after you know the outcome. I'm not concerned about the consequences on the site, but I want to be fair before I decide. If you're legit, then I strongly recommend you not fuck around. If you're not legit, your best course is to not bother.
    Last edited by Boz; November 9th, 2016 at 05:47 AM.

  8. #23

    Default

    Seems like you morons are more interested in inciting me to welch so you can engage in name-calling than in actually getting BK paid
    funny!
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

  9. #24
    Boz's Avatar
    Boz is offline Major Asshole Bet Welshing Loser - BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
    Of course you were going to get paid if I lost and I do have the $$$$, of course I wasn't going to put any cash in an escrow. I don't need a middle man to hold something I own and have.
    Why would you pay someone who you "feel" isn't going to pay when they lose?

    Why wouldn't you put it in escrow when the loser would pay the cost, since you were "certain" you would win?

    Why didn't you disagree with the need for the repeated requests for escrow rather than fail to acknowledge them?

    Why did you imply or fail to deny that you didn't have the money to put money in escrow when asked several days ago? When asked how much you could put in, why did you fail to acknowledge the question?

    With the possibility of nonpayment looming, do you believe putting money in escrow would have been the wiser choice?

    Do you realize that the quotes above are direct quotes of words you used in their proper context?

    Do you realize I am doing exactly what I told you I would do when you refused to clear up matters regarding the bet months ago, and then attempted to cancel the bet? This pertains to question #1 regarding why you would act illogically.

    Are you aware that your argument for not wanting to utilize an escrow applied to me as well, when I thought I would win, yet I wanted to use an escrow and the loser to pay, precisely to avoid nonpayment issues? Are you sure you weren't certain you would lose?

    I hope you see that unsatisfactory answers raise even more questions that all require...satisfactory answers. And I got lots more. So think harder before you give dumbass answers. Should have cooperated. You'd have money in your account at 8 AM. But that would have required risk on your part. But I highly suspect you took no part in the actual risk, and I'm allowing you to make the case that you did. And you're failing. You are not going to get a magical windfall.
    Last edited by Boz; November 9th, 2016 at 06:07 AM.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    In the YO
    Posts
    15,587

    Default

    Hooboy, is it any wonder he FAIL at lawyer...

  11. #26
    Boz's Avatar
    Boz is offline Major Asshole Bet Welshing Loser - BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    funny!
    It's absolutely 100% true!

    On a separate note, you know I've expressed genuine concern about BK's lack of intent to pay and refusal to cooperate in an honest bet. I am giving him the chance to convince me that I am wrong, which he almost certainly will fail to do. After he fails, I am willing to accept the consequences of the welching directives established. I advocated perma-ban, knowing full-well that he probably would not pay. If you were leaning toward that option, I am willing to accept that as well. Simply put, those minor consequences are not on par with being scammed out of $2K so it's simple math. I've given him 36 hours to prove himself, but he'll probably do something stupid and forfeit his remaining time. Or maybe Villiam will chime in and forfeit it for him.

  12. #27
    Boz's Avatar
    Boz is offline Major Asshole Bet Welshing Loser - BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    Hooboy, is it any wonder he FAIL at lawyer...
    BK's time is reduced to 24 hours. Say one more thing and I give him no more time. My rules right now bitch. This isn't a fucking joke. I have a con who says he's not a con who wants my money. You say I should pay. I'm giving him a chance to prove that my views are misconceptions and that not everyone would handle a sizable bet in a formal, dignified, and normal way like I would. You take that away from him then either you know the same thing I know, or you're just a dick to everyone.
    Last edited by Boz; November 9th, 2016 at 06:33 AM.

  13. #28
    Boz's Avatar
    Boz is offline Major Asshole Bet Welshing Loser - BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Villiam View Post
    Pay up, white man. Or get lost and hope you aren't found.
    For a $2K bet, why wouldn't you establish an escrow after the following:
    1) You've been accused of being a welcher
    2) You've accused the other party of being a welcher
    3) You've claimed you were certain to win
    4) You expressed agreement with others that the other party won't pay
    5) You've been asked 15 times
    6) The loser pays, and everything about it is negotiable since you never even acknowledged the request

    There are lots of concerns to get to. But this is number one. And the most obvious canned argument you could come up with, one sentence about the middle man fee, isn't going to pass the fraud detector. And you know that. And so does everyone else, even the trolls who pretend they don't.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    In the YO
    Posts
    15,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boz View Post
    For a $2K bet, why wouldn't you establish an escrow after the following:
    1) You've been accused of being a welcher
    2) You've accused the other party of being a welcher
    3) You've claimed you were certain to win
    4) You expressed agreement with others that the other party won't pay
    5) You've been asked 15 times
    6) The loser pays, and everything about it is negotiable since you never even acknowledged the request

    There are lots of concerns to get to. But this is number one. And the most obvious canned argument you could come up with, one sentence about the middle man fee, isn't going to pass the fraud detector. And you know that. And so does everyone else, even the trolls who pretend they don't.
    I'm sure the polite mod will sort this out... and quickly.

  15. #30
    Boz's Avatar
    Boz is offline Major Asshole Bet Welshing Loser - BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    I'm sure the polite mod will sort this out... and quickly.
    I'm sure there's nothing the polite mod can do, but hope we work it out. They know I'm being honest. I tried to make sure the winner had guaranteed payment before the outcome. BK wanted no part of that. And I'm willing to accept the established consequences. His remaining time is forfeited...because of your incessant commentary. I said no more games and I was not kidding.

    I sincerely hope I wasn't wrong, but am confident I was not. I am happy that Trump won AND BK refused to cooperate, because he's kicking himself. Should have played ball. The trouble I have is that I would have accepted payment from BK. However close to zero his odds of him paying were, they were greater than zero. He is fairly entitled to a token amount, despite almost certainly cheating. But the amount seems incalculable. 1%, or $20, seems very high. But if he unequivocally admits he was never going to pay me, I'll pay him that for his honesty. Otherwise, I think $1 seems fair. If he wants to collect his $20 or $1, then he can let me know where to send it. I warned him that his refusal to straighten things out could alter the expected value of the bet. As an AP, if he didn't realize this himself, then he's an idiot. Obviously, he's not bright, but I think it much more likely he's just hoping for a windfall than simply didn't realize I had to be assured of payment. And as I stated to him months ago, when I thought I would surely win, the chances I would pay him are nonexistent when he cannot assure payment. And his response was to attempt to cancel the bet, not to assure payment. Look it up. And you don't seem intent on even letting him try to skate uphill to explain himself. His failure to assure payment earns him a big zilch. I'm sure you feel real good about your weak rips on me. But the fact is, had BK not tried to scam me, he'd have $2k of my money. I'm the one laughing. I was so sure I was going to win, I wanted to put up money into an escrow! And I'd have lost it! And the proof goes back months. Villiam points out how generous it was of BK to give even odds on a bet lopsided in my favor. The idiot unwittingly points out a scam that was too good to be true and makes my point for me. I took it at a low point with moderate odds, but my average edge was huge. If BK didn't know that, he's a degenerate gambler. If you think an anti-Semite is going to convince me to pay a scam artist $2K, it's probably just funny to any casual reader.

    On a separate note, Clinton appears likely to win the popular vote, as expected. And she got trounced in the electoral college. There was less than a 20% Trump would win the popular vote. And he didn't. This election was totally fucked up.
    Last edited by Boz; November 9th, 2016 at 07:34 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. The Boz/Blitz Election Bet Ruling
    By zengrifter in forum Site Announcements & Questions
    Replies: 163
    Last Post: November 1st, 2016, 07:08 PM
  2. Actual Discussion Between AG Loretta Lynch / Beltway Billy
    By Positively+EV in forum Real Politika
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: July 22nd, 2016, 03:36 AM
  3. Discussion of Religous Accusations and Church Leader Crimes
    By zengrifter in forum Religious Cults & Spirituality
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: July 27th, 2014, 09:38 PM
  4. The ZenZone Migration discussion thread
    By zengrifter in forum Site Announcements & Questions
    Replies: 220
    Last Post: May 1st, 2014, 04:22 PM
  5. And the winner is...
    By zengrifter in forum ZenZone General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: June 28th, 2006, 10:50 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts