+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: The karma question: when life seems to throw ya quite a bit o' shit

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    615

    Default The karma question: when life seems to throw ya quite a bit o' shit

    Being that this is an advantage forum, my question today concerns the idea of what one is to do when it becomes clear that circumstances are set against him in fixed time and place. Trump seems to be a karmic victim like none other at this point compared to the lizard who can call immigrants lost causes. Zg mentioned that he used to be a Korean War general who suffered a freak accident. He doesn't indicate what the life struggles were for the general or the ways in which they do or don't translate into his new life but it would seem there would be at least a fair amount of transmogrification going on. Death is perhaps just a distraction from the main issue here. I would like to ask the community for input on learning about self through hardship, dramatically perceived or unequivocally earned, and particularly any lessons that involve shifting circumstance, negative runs, bad juju, perhaps only placing it somewhere else. My issue is about feeling stuck and how to change some of the feeling and some of the result; break it up and shift it.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    In the YO
    Posts
    15,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Villiam View Post
    Being that this is an advantage forum, my question today concerns the idea of what one is to do when it becomes clear that circumstances are set against him in fixed time and place. Trump seems to be a karmic victim like none other at this point compared to the lizard who can call immigrants lost causes.

    Zg mentioned that he used to be a Korean War general who suffered a freak accident. He doesn't indicate what the life struggles were for the general or the ways in which they do or don't translate into his new life but it would seem there would be at least a fair amount of transmogrification going on. Death is perhaps just a distraction from the main issue here.

    I would like to ask the community for input on learning about self through hardship, dramatically perceived or unequivocally earned, and particularly any lessons that involve shifting circumstance, negative runs, bad juju, perhaps only placing it somewhere else. My issue is about feeling stuck and how to change some of the feeling and some of the result; break it up and shift it.
    Such a deep issue, I took the liberty of adding two para spaces... giving it the full credit it deserves. Firstly, N0rm wouldn't have time for that... but I do. Secondly, Zen was told that Korean general stuff by an Eastern guru [who was from New York] when the Grifter was already in the hole for many thousands to the same dude... so he had to come up with sumthin er, believable.

    Fourthly, [I like missing thirdly] I was recently in Busan, South Korea and my local guide got to the bottom of this vexing issue, down at the Korean Home for Old Dead Soldiers and Almost Dead Old Soldiers. There in the archives, with my faithful translator by my side, I found what I was looking for.

    Grifter was indeed once a Korean general, some 350 years ago. The freak accident you referred to happened when Grifter had partaken of the usual Korean Baked Dog barbecue, washed down with copious amounts of rice wine.

    One need sated, Grifter then decided a visit to the nearby whorehouse would be in order. He mounted his whore I mean donkey and off he went up a short, steep track to the House of Pleasure. At the critical point in the steep but short track, an impatient Grifter gave the donkey a decent whack on the arse with a stick to make it get to his pleasure quicker.

    Fourthly-and-a-halfly, if only the old dude he hired the donkey from had informed Grifter do not hit the donkey, he will buck if you do.

    Alas, Grifter hit it with a stick... said donkey reared viciously and unexpectedly, catching him off guard. The rest is predictable. He went way up high and came down square on the top of his head on a large rock, some three metres lower. His head was kinda compressed into a mush of brains, blood, hair, bone and er... that's about it.

    The donkey bolted into the wilderness and could not be found, even tho the local cops had a reward out for the murdering donkey. Strangely enuff, hours later when rescuers found his dead lifeless body, he still had a boner. In fact, he still had a boner at his Army and State funeral when they buried him as a war victim hero two days later.

    Fifthly, on the backgammon site I frequent, some days I am like Jeebus Christos hisself... nobody can beat me, I am King of the Backgammon mountain. Ten hapless victims consigned to the dump, consec... no problemo. This is what I expect, to win every time... to sweep all before me like Genghis Khan, where resistance is futile... the way my life was meant to be, just like Cod intended. That is, the Cod I worship. I love fish.

    Other times, for example, Daffy Duck, Goofy and Peanuts all beat me, no matter what I do. I have one piece left to take off, Daffy has four, so his only hope is to throw a double, and just not any double... only 66 will do it. And there it is, the 36/1 against shot that kills me... double fkn 6.

    As Dog Hand would say, hope this helps.
    Last edited by Katz; October 11th, 2016 at 04:12 AM.

  3. #3

    Default

    Whatever does not kill you makes you stronger. Your not going to get better by thinking or talking about something. You have to do it and live it! I didn't become a better poker player by thinking about being a better poker player. I revamped my game starting from the beginning and had to learn things and teach myself things that I was not accustomed to and initially took for granted.

    If only you could hear all the excuses when it comes to poker and card playing on my part that I hear come out of the mouths of other people. Many players defeat themselves with a self-fulfilling prophecy and I love watching people self destruct or better yet.... they quit.
    Last edited by Blitzkrieg; October 11th, 2016 at 02:47 PM.

  4. #4
    Boz's Avatar
    Boz is offline Major Asshole Bet Welshing Loser - BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
    I didn't become a better poker player
    You finally said something I agree with, so I immediately stopped reading.

  5. #5
    Boz's Avatar
    Boz is offline Major Asshole Bet Welshing Loser - BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,240

    Default Suicidal Villiam asks Zenzone to Talk him out of it

    Quote Originally Posted by Villiam View Post
    Death is perhaps just a distraction... I would like to ask the community for input... My issue is about feeling stuck and how to change some of the feeling.
    No comment, thus no liability.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,459

    Default Villiam

    You seem like a fine young man and I hope you have someone you can counsel with. If you are concerned about gambling losses or lack of success, that happens to the majority of players, and they end up quitting, no shame there. If there is problems in your day to day life,,, again, find someone to talk with that you trust and that cares about you, like parents or close friends. We all go through trying times, some far worse than others, hang in there and PM me if you like.


    Wishing you the best,
    Friend,
    CP
    "Midwest Masters Of Advantage", "Strength and Honor."

  7. #7
    Boz's Avatar
    Boz is offline Major Asshole Bet Welshing Loser - BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by creeping panther View Post
    I hope you have someone you can counsel with. PM me if you like.
    Yes, because the recommended course of treatment for alleviating psychological problems is to seek immediate advice from a paranoid schizophrenic. If Creepy is unavailable, perhaps you can find a homeless man to give you medical advice in exchange for cheap liquor.
    Last edited by Boz; October 11th, 2016 at 11:50 PM.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    Such a deep issue, I took the liberty of adding two para spaces... giving it the full credit it deserves. Firstly, N0rm wouldn't have time for that... but I do. Secondly, Zen was told that Korean general stuff by an Eastern guru [who was from New York] when the Grifter was already in the hole for many thousands to the same dude... so he had to come up with sumthin er, believable.

    Fourthly, [I like missing thirdly] I was recently in Busan, South Korea and my local guide got to the bottom of this vexing issue, down at the Korean Home for Old Dead Soldiers and Almost Dead Old Soldiers. There in the archives, with my faithful translator by my side, I found what I was looking for.

    Grifter was indeed once a Korean general, some 350 years ago. The freak accident you referred to happened when Grifter had partaken of the usual Korean Baked Dog barbecue, washed down with copious amounts of rice wine.

    One need sated, Grifter then decided a visit to the nearby whorehouse would be in order. He mounted his whore I mean donkey and off he went up a short, steep track to the House of Pleasure. At the critical point in the steep but short track, an impatient Grifter gave the donkey a decent whack on the arse with a stick to make it get to his pleasure quicker.

    Fourthly-and-a-halfly, if only the old dude he hired the donkey from had informed Grifter do not hit the donkey, he will buck if you do.

    Alas, Grifter hit it with a stick... said donkey reared viciously and unexpectedly, catching him off guard. The rest is predictable. He went way up high and came down square on the top of his head on a large rock, some three metres lower. His head was kinda compressed into a mush of brains, blood, hair, bone and er... that's about it.

    The donkey bolted into the wilderness and could not be found, even tho the local cops had a reward out for the murdering donkey. Strangely enuff, hours later when rescuers found his dead lifeless body, he still had a boner. In fact, he still had a boner at his Army and State funeral when they buried him as a war victim hero two days later.

    Fifthly, on the backgammon site I frequent, some days I am like Jeebus Christos hisself... nobody can beat me, I am King of the Backgammon mountain. Ten hapless victims consigned to the dump, consec... no problemo. This is what I expect, to win every time... to sweep all before me like Genghis Khan, where resistance is futile... the way my life was meant to be, just like Cod intended. That is, the Cod I worship. I love fish.

    Other times, for example, Daffy Duck, Goofy and Peanuts all beat me, no matter what I do. I have one piece left to take off, Daffy has four, so his only hope is to throw a double, and just not any double... only 66 will do it. And there it is, the 36/1 against shot that kills me... double fkn 6.

    As Dog Hand would say, hope this helps.
    Um yeah, it helped quite a bit, and if anything was a delightfully funny read so thank you for having and taking the time. So, one should expect the easy shit to be hard and the hard shit to be easy, or something.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
    Whatever does not kill you makes you stronger. Your not going to get better by thinking or talking about something. You have to do it and live it! I didn't become a better poker player by thinking about being a better poker player. I revamped my game starting from the beginning and had to learn things and teach myself things that I was not accustomed to and initially took for granted.

    If only you could hear all the excuses when it comes to poker and card playing on my part that I hear come out of the mouths of other people. Many players defeat themselves with a self-fulfilling prophecy and I love watching people self destruct or better yet.... they quit.
    I perhaps had a stronger understanding of poker than BJ so I know what you mean, but this isn't the world of T3 either... There is only a very small edge. Revamping one's game towards something that CP mentions would be a good thing, but I still believe the swings would be highly present...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    In the YO
    Posts
    15,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Villiam View Post
    Um yeah, it helped quite a bit, and if anything was a delightfully funny read so thank you for having and taking the time. So, one should expect the easy shit to be hard and the hard shit to be easy, or something.
    And thank you. So nice to read [and write] positive, encouraging and uplifting words. Makes a nice change... I brought the Fickle Finger of Fate pointing the way for you, as well as that fickle bitch and mistress, Lady Luck. Aaaaaand, may The Force be with you, mate.


    Last edited by Katz; October 16th, 2016 at 04:31 AM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    In the YO
    Posts
    15,588

    Default Food For Er, Thought

    How to Determine your Luck Cycle and Attract Luck!


    ..."It is suspected that luck runs in monthly cycles and there are times when everything appears to go wrong. This happens to me on a regular monthly basis and during those times I leave all forms of gaming alone. There are also much longer luck cycles but these are not relevant to the PK LUCK program." ...

    http://www.articlesbase.com/motivational-articles/how-to-determine-your-luck-cycle-and-attract-luck-334370.html



  12. #12
    Boz's Avatar
    Boz is offline Major Asshole Bet Welshing Loser - BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by creeping panther View Post
    You seem like a fine young man...PM me
    Quote Originally Posted by Villiam View Post
    thank you for having and taking the time.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I1idoLQYjMI

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    615

    Default

    I see you are jealous. You need a saint of a woman to fix you up, boz...

  14. #14
    Boz's Avatar
    Boz is offline Major Asshole Bet Welshing Loser - BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Villiam View Post
    I see you are jealous. You need a saint of a woman to fix you up, boz...
    LOL. I'll take that as an admission.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    In the YO
    Posts
    15,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Villiam View Post
    I see you are jealous. You need a saint of a woman to fix you up, boz...
    An intelligent, educated, aware woman would not for a moment put up with Bozo's misogyny and other serious character flaws.

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. God Told Me to Do Shit
    By Katz in forum Anything Else But
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: May 11th, 2015, 08:31 PM
  2. How to Throw a Curve Ball
    By Katz in forum Anything Else But
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 30th, 2013, 07:18 PM
  3. C'mon Man! You Throw I Fetch
    By Katz in forum Anything Else But
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: November 1st, 2013, 07:28 PM
  4. How To Throw a Fake Pass
    By Katweezel in forum Anything Else But
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 30th, 2013, 09:00 PM
  5. On The Evolution of Shit
    By Katweezel in forum Anything Else But
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: November 19th, 2012, 07:22 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts