+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Effective spread

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Jewmerica
    Posts
    856

    Default Effective spread

    I'm interested to know my effective spread on a 75% pen DD game. I open with 2 boxes @3 units each but drop to one unit @ -3 or worse. My max bet is 40 units. It is generally not possible to Wong out but not always. Does this arrangement give me about a 16-1 spread?

  2. #2
    Boz's Avatar
    Boz is offline Major Asshole Bet Welshing Loser - BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    I'd think it closer to 12-1.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Jewmerica
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boz View Post
    I'd think it closer to 12-1.
    Yes, I was thinking my estimate a bit too high. However, according to reliable sources, 12-1 is still a great spread for KB bonus bet in DD.

  4. #4
    Boz's Avatar
    Boz is offline Major Asshole Bet Welshing Loser - BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Svengarlicky View Post
    Yes, I was thinking my estimate a bit too high. However, according to reliable sources, 12-1 is still a great spread for KB bonus bet in DD.
    No idea what a KB bonus bet is, but 12-1 is big for DD regardless. But I think 12-1 is on the high end...all I know is that it wouldn't be a 16-1 spread if you're going two hands of 20 units as a max bet, and a partial wong of two hands of 1 unit each at -3.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Jewmerica
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boz View Post
    No idea what a KB bonus bet is, but 12-1 is big for DD regardless. But I think 12-1 is on the high end...all I know is that it wouldn't be a 16-1 spread if you're going two hands of 20 units as a max bet, and a partial wong of two hands of 1 unit each at -3.
    KB is Kings Bounty similar to LL. I don't play two boxes when the count is minus; just one box at 1 unit until the shuffle.

  6. #6
    Boz's Avatar
    Boz is offline Major Asshole Bet Welshing Loser - BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Svengarlicky View Post
    I don't play two boxes when the count is minus; just one box at 1 unit until the shuffle.
    Oh, then maybe 1-12. Could try ramping down to 2 units at -2, and keeping it there until it comes back to positive. Also, on the last round, could drop down to one unit if it's -2, or any non-advantageous count if the previous hand was a loss. Assuming you don't do anything similar and/or can get away with anything similar.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Jewmerica
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boz View Post
    Oh, then maybe 1-12. Could try ramping down to 2 units at -2, and keeping it there until it comes back to positive. Also, on the last round, could drop down to one unit if it's -2, or any non-advantageous count if the previous hand was a loss. Assuming you don't do anything similar and/or can get away with anything similar.
    Ok. Appreciate the feedback. As a matter of fact, i've been doing well with this strategy. Average $100/hr.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Svengarlicky View Post
    I'm interested to know my effective spread on a 75% pen DD game. I open with 2 boxes @3 units each but drop to one unit @ -3 or worse. My max bet is 40 units.
    Clarify please. Show full ramp.
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Jewmerica
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    Clarify please. Show full ramp.
    The initial game conditions no longer exist. The new game conditions are DD, 75% pen, NRSA, D9, DAS. Table max is $250 vs $5 minimum. Cannot spread to two boxes mid-shoe. TC 0=$25, TC 2=$50, TC 3=$100, TC 4=$150, TC 5=$250. All minus TCs are $5.

  10. #10
    Boz's Avatar
    Boz is offline Major Asshole Bet Welshing Loser - BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Svengarlicky View Post
    The initial game conditions no longer exist. The new game conditions are DD, 75% pen, NRSA, D9, DAS. Table max is $250 vs $5 minimum. Cannot spread to two boxes mid-shoe. TC 0=$25, TC 2=$50, TC 3=$100, TC 4=$150, TC 5=$250. All minus TCs are $5.
    You said you start with two hands, betting 3 units on each. Your ramp appears to make something about your claim impossible.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Jewmerica
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boz View Post
    You said you start with two hands, betting 3 units on each. Your ramp appears to make something about your claim impossible.
    With the new game i open with one box and employ the spread shown. No King's Bounty side bet.
    Also taking a week- long trip to Reno. Anyone know the DD conditions? Are they all 6/5 games that would require a different count system like ST. Jude?
    Last edited by Svengarlicky; October 1st, 2016 at 05:40 PM.

  12. #12
    Boz's Avatar
    Boz is offline Major Asshole Bet Welshing Loser - BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Svengarlicky View Post
    Are they all 6/5 games that would require a different count system like ST. Jude?
    I don't know the conditions, but it would be moronic to try and beat 6:5.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Jewmerica
    Posts
    856

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boz View Post
    I don't know the conditions, but it would be moronic to try and beat 6:5.
    St. Jude was designed by automonkey to beat 6/5 games. As i don't know the system, i would need to learn it.

  14. #14
    Boz's Avatar
    Boz is offline Major Asshole Bet Welshing Loser - BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Svengarlicky View Post
    St. Jude was designed by automonkey to beat 6/5 games. As i don't know the system, i would need to learn it.
    It's for single-deck, not double-deck. There's nothing remarkable about it. You are break-even at TC +3, just like you would be with any other count. AM made it an unbalanced count and streamlined it to squeeze a little more out of it. The spread you are using isn't enough to beat it. I'd consider AM's efforts a waste of time. Someone unfamiliar with it trying to learn a complex system for the purpose of applying it to win at DD? See my above post.

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. 911 Video Trickery & The Ball - video
    By Katweezel in forum Conspiracy Theory
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: October 2nd, 2016, 12:07 PM
  2. Spread Your Legs
    By Katweezel in forum Anything Else But
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 6th, 2013, 06:06 PM
  3. Was Clint Eastwood Effective?
    By Katweezel in forum Anything Else But
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 18th, 2012, 06:02 AM
  4. "How does an illness start and how does it spread?
    By Solve et Coagula in forum Psi -powered Living & Gambling
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: February 1st, 2012, 05:30 PM
  5. Spread your legs in a Pontiac
    By Katweezel in forum Anything Else But
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: March 13th, 2011, 09:34 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts