+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Effective spread

Default Effective spread

I'm interested to know my effective spread on a 75% pen DD game. I open with 2 boxes @3 units each but drop to one unit @ -3 or worse. My max bet is 40 units. It is generally not possible to Wong out but not always. Does this arrangement give me about a 16-1 spread?

Boz is offline Major Asshole Bet Welshing Loser - BANNED

I'd think it closer to 12-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Boz View Post
    I'd think it closer to 12-1.
    Yes, I was thinking my estimate a bit too high. However, according to reliable sources, 12-1 is still a great spread for KB bonus bet in DD.

Quote Originally Posted by Svengarlicky View Post
    Yes, I was thinking my estimate a bit too high. However, according to reliable sources, 12-1 is still a great spread for KB bonus bet in DD.
    No idea what a KB bonus bet is, but 12-1 is big for DD regardless. But I think 12-1 is on the high end...all I know is that it wouldn't be a 16-1 spread if you're going two hands of 20 units as a max bet, and a partial wong of two hands of 1 unit each at -3.

No idea what a KB bonus bet is, but 12-1 is big for DD regardless. But I think 12-1 is on the high end...all I know is that it wouldn't be a 16-1 spread if you're going two hands of 20 units as a max bet, and a partial wong of two hands of 1 unit each at -3.
    KB is Kings Bounty similar to LL. I don't play two boxes when the count is minus; just one box at 1 unit until the shuffle.

I don't play two boxes when the count is minus; just one box at 1 unit until the shuffle.
    Oh, then maybe 1-12. Could try ramping down to 2 units at -2, and keeping it there until it comes back to positive. Also, on the last round, could drop down to one unit if it's -2, or any non-advantageous count if the previous hand was a loss. Assuming you don't do anything similar and/or can get away with anything similar.

Oh, then maybe 1-12. Could try ramping down to 2 units at -2, and keeping it there until it comes back to positive. Also, on the last round, could drop down to one unit if it's -2, or any non-advantageous count if the previous hand was a loss. Assuming you don't do anything similar and/or can get away with anything similar.
    Ok. Appreciate the feedback. As a matter of fact, i've been doing well with this strategy. Average $100/hr.

I'm interested to know my effective spread on a 75% pen DD game. I open with 2 boxes @3 units each but drop to one unit @ -3 or worse. My max bet is 40 units.
    Clarify please. Show full ramp.
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    Clarify please. Show full ramp.
    The initial game conditions no longer exist. The new game conditions are DD, 75% pen, NRSA, D9, DAS. Table max is $250 vs $5 minimum. Cannot spread to two boxes mid-shoe. TC 0=$25, TC 2=$50, TC 3=$100, TC 4=$150, TC 5=$250. All minus TCs are $5.

The initial game conditions no longer exist. The new game conditions are DD, 75% pen, NRSA, D9, DAS. Table max is $250 vs $5 minimum. Cannot spread to two boxes mid-shoe. TC 0=$25, TC 2=$50, TC 3=$100, TC 4=$150, TC 5=$250. All minus TCs are $5.
    You said you start with two hands, betting 3 units on each. Your ramp appears to make something about your claim impossible.

You said you start with two hands, betting 3 units on each. Your ramp appears to make something about your claim impossible.
    With the new game i open with one box and employ the spread shown. No King's Bounty side bet.
    Also taking a week- long trip to Reno. Anyone know the DD conditions? Are they all 6/5 games that would require a different count system like ST. Jude?
    Last edited by Svengarlicky; October 1st, 2016 at 05:40 PM.

Are they all 6/5 games that would require a different count system like ST. Jude?
    I don't know the conditions, but it would be moronic to try and beat 6:5.

I don't know the conditions, but it would be moronic to try and beat 6:5.
    St. Jude was designed by automonkey to beat 6/5 games. As i don't know the system, i would need to learn it.

St. Jude was designed by automonkey to beat 6/5 games. As i don't know the system, i would need to learn it.
    It's for single-deck, not double-deck. There's nothing remarkable about it. You are break-even at TC +3, just like you would be with any other count. AM made it an unbalanced count and streamlined it to squeeze a little more out of it. The spread you are using isn't enough to beat it. I'd consider AM's efforts a waste of time. Someone unfamiliar with it trying to learn a complex system for the purpose of applying it to win at DD? See my above post.

+ Reply to Thread