+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38

Thread: Why People Like BJTF Better

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    952

    Default Why People Like BJTF Better

    People like our beloved Norm's site over others because it is not a fight club like this horrid place. Norm's site engenders respectful commentary critical of ideas rather than posters. That creates a learning environment instead of a hating zone. Some choose one way to do things and others choose different ways. None of the ways are wrong. It can be hard to be constructively critical of a way you have never done. We all speak from what we know and can't speak intelligently about what we haven't experienced. These multiple view points help to sculpt the truth from the different viewpoints as long as the debate is about ideas.

    It is like the issue I had with Don recently. We took it off the board to PM. To end up on the same page I simply had to decide that when his team of experts did their research they did a good job with their assumptions and didn't just make them arbitrarily. I had not been accepting the assumptions as a given. I had nothing else better to go on rather than their assumption so once that was established we had no differences. My view of any assumptions is always to take a jaded view of them. Assumptions are the mother of all F'ups. Once I accepted the 6 round lag to changing tables as a reasonable assumption we were on the same page. I really don't worry about hourly spent in the casino. I should have looked at things from a backcounter's perspective, since that was what we were talking about, but I don't backcount and rather hunt for good conditions more than good counts. I just want to win the most with the least exposure not maximize my hourly return when I am in the casino. That is how you balance longevity and win rate.

    With that goal in mind I am often opting not to play but when I do play I get a lot of rounds in a short time which increases the likelihood of posting a win for the session (certainty of results) while minimizing exposure. As for hourly, it is very high for the amount of time I actually play. If I do my scouting well I am playing most of the time I am in the casino because I know when to be in the casino and when not to be in a casino. I don't expose myself for hours when I won't get in enough rounds to make it worth the exposure. The longer you play the more memorable you make yourself. For certainty of win you want to play a lot of rounds in a session and for longevity you don't want to play for much time. The conditions you seek to satisfy both of these seemingly opposing factors should be obvious. If you are successful at balancing the 2 you don't need to be in the casino for too much time to win what they are comfortable with you winning with a relatively high degree of certainty. That is the perspective I look at play from.

    Anyway, Don and I posted our perspectives. From his perspective he was right but that perspective is not my priorities. It has its applications to my priorities and I use that but to me my priorities trump that perspective. Since we were talking about backcounting Don was right but I had more important considerations that I gave priority. I am hunting good conditions not backcounting for a good count. Don and I were having a conversation about backcounting so my perspective was off and Don's was right. I failed to step away from my primary goal and its perspective to see things from a backcounter's perspective. The difference being the time spent not betting is important to the backcounter's point of view. For the goals of my play it isn't. I learned a lot being challenged by Don as I always do. I am not sure that it has much of an application to what I do but it is always nice to learn something. That is what we are all here for isn't it.

    Some at Norm's site try to impress people. I am not. I am here to try to help others and to put my ideas out to be tested and challenged by those whose opinions I respect. I will continue until I understand differently. Don and I have ended a few discussions off the boards by PM and I have asked Don things by PM that I didn't want posted publicly. Without all the forum interference he finds the words to help me see when I am wrong.
    ----------------------
    ----------------------

    The moral of this long post is that we at Norm's BJTF site are all there to learn respectfully from one another and challenge each others ideas when appropriate rather than the typical schoolyard, immature personal attacks that occur at this zen hell hole. People go here to zenHell when they feel they have no valid argument for the ideas being discussed. It is the ammunition of a weak position or a weak mind and is not permitted by our beloved Norm. That is what many love about BJTF. Those that only have the latter type of ammunition don't like the site. Rather than personally attacking those with different perspectives they should be challenged on their ideas and that is what BJTF strives for. More perspectives makes for a better total picture. It is the strength of diversity. We find out who doesn't understand things well enough to argue the issue by those that are quick to do personal attacks. If they had the understanding to argue the issue they would never lower themselves to personal attacks.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    454

    Default

    LOL! Did you realize that no one read your post?
    After over 10000 BS bragging posts, it turns out that T3 doesn't even play BJ! What a damn joke, LOL!
    T3 is no threat to any casino because he spends most of his time bragging on BTF.
    T3: Talk The Talk.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,467

    Default she3

    Do you know how FU##ing boring and tired you are???? Kick the drugs and booze, you will then have a chance at a normal life!


    CP
    "Midwest Masters Of Advantage", "Strength and Honor."

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tthree View Post
    People like our beloved Norm's site over others because it is not a fight club like this horrid place. Norm's site engenders respectful commentary critical of ideas rather than posters. That creates a learning environment instead of a hating zone. Some choose one way to do things and others choose different ways. None of the ways are wrong. It can be hard to be constructively critical of a way you have never done. We all speak from what we know and can't speak intelligently about what we haven't experienced. These multiple view points help to sculpt the truth from the different viewpoints as long as the debate is about ideas.

    .......
    The moral of this long post is that we at Norm's BJTF site are all there to learn respectfully from one another and challenge each others ideas when appropriate rather than the typical schoolyard, immature personal attacks that occur at this zen hell hole. People go here to zenHell when they feel they have no valid argument for the ideas being discussed. It is the ammunition of a weak position or a weak mind and is not permitted by our beloved Norm. That is what many love about BJTF. Those that only have the latter type of ammunition don't like the site. Rather than personally attacking those with different perspectives they should be challenged on their ideas and that is what BJTF strives for. More perspectives makes for a better total picture. It is the strength of diversity. We find out who doesn't understand things well enough to argue the issue by those that are quick to do personal attacks. If they had the understanding to argue the issue they would never lower themselves to personal attacks.
    oh boy, to find the words for this one... I'll try not to be so...gas-baggy...

    First of all, some common ground--both sites let you attack people and ideas, but the ZZ allows all of those ideas to be posted before attacks are made. So don't pretend that your site doesn't allow personal attacks when it most certainly does. Also, your site refuses discussion of any and all ideas that fall outside the realm of allowable discussion. I consider this personal, and an attack on logic and mindful people. You will notice that I brought this up to your daddy multiple times but you had nothing to say!

    See, the thing was, your daddy didn't want to talk about politics on his site but he wanted to allow discussion of the state of Missouri's (pronounced, mis-ery) gaming law. He also wanted to talk about civil asset forfeiture. You see bud, here at the ZZ we talk about all these things at length and we include discussions of politics as they are necessary to address these issues. BTW, did you or anyone else agree with this point of mine and stand up to your daddy? Did you or anyone else stand up for Boz's immature argumentative ass when he said "won't" and not "can't" in the discussion of MO law? I did! Everyone else tried to banish him, for having an IDEA, as you stated. He made a couple personal attacks, at least one of which was quite deserved given your "in hiding" posture toward the board regarding the game you play (more on that and how that lack of free exchange of ideas affected me in a minute). He then came back with the same argument and was banned. Meanwhile, here at ZZ the same ideas about MO were discussed and, guess what?!?, we came to the same conclusion Boz did. WEIRD! How could that be???

    That wasn't enough for your daddy though. He was so BUSY that he needed to gratuitously monitor my postings at all times of the day and be the first to respond with short one-liners of an at least equally bitter posture as any he ever accused of being disruptive. This included interrupting me in the middle of asking you to clarify your game for the forum. You ignored this request for a free exchange of ideas. In fact, you dropped out of the discussion altogether. Don came on and was the only one to second me after a tidal wave of sycophants crashed onto the scene, including of course, Daddy, and he was going to make things right. You see, calling sycophants sycophants is a personal attack in Daddy's world. Also, trying to clarify what type of advantage one should actually expect from BJ CC is a personal attack too. For these terrible crimes I was suspended. Again, the silence from your corner was deafening, T3. So I walked but you by now have noticed that the same questions didn't just go away. That's because you can't really censor ideas. They are viruses and they always win...

    In summary, you are full of shit. BJTF treats all newbies like garbage that don't deserve to be there and don't have the pull to ask serious questions, especially those questions that are critical of ideas or offer new ideas that are not allowed to be discussed. I had a history of over 250 posts. None had personal attacks. From this, your daddy decided I might be KJ or Boz or someone because I had similar ideas to him, not because I had similar personal attacks. In fact, I already clarified to anyone who would listen that I made ZERO personal attacks, nor did I break your daddy's other two rules (he's got more, he just won't tell you them). It is amply clear who cares about the free spread of ideas, and it ain't your dad's house...

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tthree View Post
    Norm's site engenders respectful commentary critical of ideas rather than posters. That creates a learning environment ...
    Don begs to differ, m'Lady ...

    DSchles - Most [BJTF] threads go from a legitimate blackjack question to what the fourteenth poster had for breakfast within a couple of hours. As a group, possibly the most ADD-prone collection of people I've ever seen. Hard to imagine how anyone keeps the count at the table, as there isn't one person out of 50 who can stay on topic for more than ten minutes.
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

  6. #6
    Boz's Avatar
    Boz is offline Major Asshole Bet Welshing Loser - BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Villiam View Post
    You see, calling sycophants sycophants is a personal attack in Daddy's world.
    Lest you forget, according to Norm's research, it means we are the same person.

  7. #7
    Boz's Avatar
    Boz is offline Major Asshole Bet Welshing Loser - BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tthree View Post
    Norm's site engenders respectful commentary critical of ideas rather than posters.
    Unless Norm doesn't like you. Right, Zeebabar?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tthree View Post
    That creates a learning environment instead of a hating zone.
    No, it doesn't. Except for Don, no one there knows shit that I don't. Most know less. Most think they are genius professionals, but none surpass your level of self-delusion. I've learned nothing from that site. You were useless 5 years ago when I was green. You're still useless.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tthree View Post
    Some choose one way to do things and others choose different ways. None of the ways are wrong.
    Unless you disagree and throw a tantrum about someone's opinion. Or unless Don gets annoyed with your never-ending nonsense and tells you you're wrong. These things happen quite frequently.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tthree View Post
    These multiple view points help to sculpt the truth. It is like the issue I had with Don recently.
    You were wrong and Don was right. I'd hardly call that "multiple views sculpting the truth." I'd just call you moron trying to fraudulently spin it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tthree View Post
    To end up on the same page I simply had to decide that when his team of experts
    Stop right there. You had to "decide" what reason to manufacture for why Don misunderstood you. Yeah we hear the same bullshit story every time you get your ass handed to you and Norm doesn't save you. OMG, half this post is about your bullshit lies, trying to convince everyone you're not a brainless hack. Condescend much?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tthree View Post
    As for hourly, it is very high for the amount of time I actually play.
    One hour per week? Maybe your hourly is the result of variance, unless you've been doing this for a billion years.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tthree View Post
    Assumptions are the mother of all F'ups.
    Like how there are still a few people at BJTF who ASSUME you know what you're talking about, even though the scant evidence you've provided in half a decade has been thoroughly debunked?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tthree View Post

    Some at Norm's site try to impress people.
    No fucking kidding!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tthree View Post
    The moral of this long post is that we at Norm's BJTF site are all there to learn respectfully from one another
    Wrong. You're there to give each other a pat on the back and agree with the prevailing opinion. Dissent is not tolerated. Would this opinion, separate from the rest of the post, be tolerated? Or would it subject me to baseless attacks and admonishments? We all know the answer.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tthree View Post
    People go here to zenHell when they feel they have no valid argument for the ideas being discussed.
    Some of them go there to discuss T3's nonsensical claims, because disputing the merit of his IDEAS and "sculpting the truth from multiple viewpoints" is forbidden at BJTF--unless you are Don S.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tthree View Post
    It is the ammunition of a weak position or a weak mind and is not permitted by our beloved Norm. That is what many love about BJTF. Those that only have the latter type of ammunition don't like the site.
    Actually, what people like about BJTF is that it is an active website about blackjack. What people don't like about the site is arbitrary censorship, favoritism, Norm, and it being overrun by hacks and blowjobs like T3. Any website with open registration will get undesirable sign-ups and requires moderation to function. The idea that people don't like it simply because it is moderated is almost as insane as believing in a quadratic super-count.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tthree View Post
    Rather than personally attacking those with different perspectives they should be challenged on their ideas and that is what BJTF strives for.
    Maybe it does strive for that, but it has completely failed. Absent a few infrequent posters, no one there has any perspectives or ideas that are worth anything. ZMF, a non-expert, is automatically right regardless of what he says and without any explanation because he's deemed an expert. When his idea is that you're wrong because he said so, and he's the best poster you have, your site blows.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tthree View Post
    We find out who doesn't understand things well enough to argue the issue by those that are quick to do personal attacks.
    Wrong. Only a pussy like xxxx YOU, who suck at making personal attacks and are emotional cripples, would make such a claim. We find out who thinks personal attacks are funny by those who are quick to make personal attacks. Not much else. This sounds like the ploy of a desperate 6th grader, trying to get other people to defend him from a bully.
    Last edited by zengrifter; October 3rd, 2016 at 11:42 PM. Reason: selective TOS redaction

  8. #8

    Default

    Ass kissing and spinning the truth. T3 is proficient at something after all.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    In the YO
    Posts
    15,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tthree View Post
    People like our beloved Norm's site over others because it is not a fight club like this horrid place. Norm's site engenders respectful commentary critical of ideas rather than posters.

    I am in the casino because I know when to be in the casino and when not to be in a casino.

    ... but it is always nice to learn something. That is what we are all here for isn't it.

    Some at Norm's site try to impress people. I am not.


    ----------------------
    ----------------------

    The moral of this long post is that we at Norm's BJTF site are all there to learn respectfully from one another and challenge each others ideas when appropriate rather than the typical schoolyard, immature personal attacks that occur at this zen hell hole. People go here to zenHell when they feel they have no valid argument for the ideas being discussed. It is the ammunition of a weak position or a weak mind and is not permitted by our beloved Norm. That is what many love about BJTF. Those that only have the latter type of ammunition don't like the site. Rather than personally attacking those with different perspectives they should be challenged on their ideas and that is what BJTF strives for. More perspectives makes for a better total picture. It is the strength of diversity.
    Boy, that was tuff going, reading all that as usual, long-winded drivel that says nothing much and is quickly and easily forgotten, like all his six trillion others. So I grabbed a few examples above. Firstly, our beloved Norm!!! Did he really write that pathetic suck? Sounds like a North Korean slave worshipping their Dear Leader under pain of death if you don't. Ugh.

    Zen hell is it? He must have spent time over at the Zen Hell, otherwise how would he get that idea? He might have caught the odd flare-up and feud between some of us here who are not timid, do not pussy-foot around controversial topics and are champions of free speech... and even Sacred Cows can be discussed; unlike your Beloved Dear Leader's site, who will put sinners in purgatory at the drop of a hat... if he has one.

    So he knows when to be and not to be in a casino. Great. Another real genius statement. LOL.

    And you are all there to learn something. Nice. But not off you... "expert." [if newbies can get through all those too-long posts full of nothing without going zzzzzzzzz.]

    ..."Some at Norm's site try to impress people. I am not." You can say that again. And er, I am not... what? Especially you. And you are constantly striving to impress your Beloved Leader, so that hopefully he might one day nominate you for the Blackjack Hall of Shame, for all those millions of absolutely useless posts you made, that apparently N0rm likes. Contrast... he likes contrast. Norm often writes one two or even three-word posts. Put that up against your never-ending rants... LOL


    Last edited by Katz; October 4th, 2016 at 07:08 AM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    454

    Default

    T3 used personal issue as a smoke screen to diffuse the heat he was getting. Now he is back after a three-hour break. His posts are shorter because even his buddies were saying his posts were too long for them to read. I wonder what he will brag about next.
    After over 10000 BS bragging posts, it turns out that T3 doesn't even play BJ! What a damn joke, LOL!
    T3 is no threat to any casino because he spends most of his time bragging on BTF.
    T3: Talk The Talk.

  11. #11
    Boz's Avatar
    Boz is offline Major Asshole Bet Welshing Loser - BANNED
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    1,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fat_bumblebee View Post
    T3 used personal issue as a smoke screen to diffuse the heat he was getting. Now he is back after a three-hour break. His posts are shorter because even his buddies were saying his posts were too long for them to read. I wonder what he will brag about next.
    LOL. Probably how he beat cancer and how his white blood cells are better than everyone else's.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boz View Post
    Probably how he beat cancer and how his white blood cells are better than everyone else's.
    LOL! Don't give him ideas!
    After over 10000 BS bragging posts, it turns out that T3 doesn't even play BJ! What a damn joke, LOL!
    T3 is no threat to any casino because he spends most of his time bragging on BTF.
    T3: Talk The Talk.

  13. #13

    Default

    BJTF sucks!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    856

    Thumbs down Touche

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tthree View Post
    Norm's site engenders respectful commentary critical of ideas rather than posters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz View Post
    Unless Norm doesn't like you. Right, Zeebabar?
    The outrageous attacks of ZeeBabar are disgusting. See thread at: https://www.blackjacktheforum.com/sh...ategy-required The Dodo has been extremely glad he left BJTF within weeks of joining years ago and after posting only a few times. At least at the ZZ, his irrelevant comments do not engendering attack, but are merely ignored.
    Last edited by Dodo; April 21st, 2017 at 08:53 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    454

    Default

    A few regulars at that site are just overconfident self-centered jerks. As long as the biased king allows, they'll keep their BS going.
    After over 10000 BS bragging posts, it turns out that T3 doesn't even play BJ! What a damn joke, LOL!
    T3 is no threat to any casino because he spends most of his time bragging on BTF.
    T3: Talk The Talk.

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. The Political Hypocrite at BJTF
    By Blitzkrieg in forum Gambling AP Community Miscellanea
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: July 14th, 2018, 11:16 PM
  2. Another Thread Shut Down At BJTF
    By TopGunWon in forum Gambling AP Community Miscellanea
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: June 12th, 2018, 06:24 PM
  3. Moses Threats on BJTF
    By TopGunWon in forum Gambling AP Community Miscellanea
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: September 12th, 2016, 12:24 PM
  4. HC Prank Post at BJTF?
    By Blitzkrieg in forum Gambling AP Community Miscellanea
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: August 3rd, 2016, 10:45 PM
  5. BJTF has been DOWN?
    By zengrifter in forum Gambling AP Community Miscellanea
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: March 12th, 2015, 08:32 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts