+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: What is my proper path?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    615

    Default What is my proper path?

    Many on this forum have a veteran's supply of knowledge and context for the game. My question is, beyond the basics, what would be the shortest path for you in terms of full context and knowledge of the game. Is it a certain book or two and some forum archives and clever search methodologies? Is there an order or method you'd prescribe? The question is, if you were to teach the full picture and give someone access to to all they needed to go their own way, how would you do it?

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Villiam View Post
    Many on this forum have a veteran's supply of knowledge and context for the game. My question is, beyond the basics, what would be the shortest path for you in terms of full context and knowledge of the game. Is it a certain book or two and some forum archives and clever search methodologies? Is there an order or method you'd prescribe? The question is, if you were to teach the full picture and give someone access to to all they needed to go their own way, how would you do it?
    It almost seems like you answered your own question Villiam. There is a lot about blackjack that I don't completely understand concerning every aspect of the game itself. Learning to count really isn't that difficult, I believe just about anyone could learn how to count cards if they put in the time and practiced in a meaningful manner. That's not hard.

    As far as an order or method you should check out BJInfo.com and look at the lessons there... https://www.blackjackinfo.com/blackj...asic-strategy/. There are a lot of books on the subject from various authors who give their way of doing it.

    If I were to teach somebody else I would start them out on a level 1 counting technique, have them learn basic strategy, tag values, and then show them techniques for counting down a deck in less than 30 seconds for starters and then progress as needed. For a new player who has never played the game that right there will be a huge task. Most card players would probably quit while learning basic strategy, if that doesn't make them quit than learning how to count down a deck will in my opinion.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    615

    Default

    Thanks Blitz. I have done all that and more already though. My question was centered on the idea of a full context for theoretical understanding, on an advanced level. It's kind of a question centered on this idea: you can get to 95% mastery in something if you work pretty easily; it's the other 5% that blows and takes a long time. My question was about the quicker paths to full synthesis and expert-level calc ability.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Villiam View Post
    Many on this forum have a veteran's supply of knowledge and context for the game. My question is, beyond the basics, what would be the shortest path for you in terms of full context and knowledge of the game. Is it a certain book or two and some forum archives and clever search methodologies? Is there an order or method you'd prescribe? The question is, if you were to teach the full picture and give someone access to to all they needed to go their own way, how would you do it?
    Hard to say what "full context and knowledge" really means. Do we stop learning?

    I'd say that for reasonably full understanding you should understand and memorize all basic strategy variations for available games, a reasonable number of indexes, and have solid proficiency in playing and casino demeanor. This includes managing heat, dealers, other players, etc.

    Beyond that, you should be able to analyze games and opportunities reasonably well, and calculate your own optimal bet spreads and whatnot. The statistics aren't that complicated, and it can all be done on a spreadsheet. (Packaged software is fine, but it's a good idea to understand the fundamentals.)

    Then you should move beyond counting and be ready to locate and exploit other opportunities for AP. This means analyzing games yourself, rules, strategies, etc., as well as appropriate comportment when exploiting them.

    In addition to the usual blackjack books, a thorough reading of Exhibit CAA is a must. And read the blogs, forums, and archives religiously, hopefully to pick out useful information (there's a ton of crap too.)

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Villiam View Post
    Thanks Blitz. I have done all that and more already though. My question was centered on the idea of a full context for theoretical understanding, on an advanced level. It's kind of a question centered on this idea: you can get to 95% mastery in something if you work pretty easily; it's the other 5% that blows and takes a long time. My question was about the quicker paths to full synthesis and expert-level calc ability.
    Hey whatever it takes to reach Nirvana but are you sure there is a quicker path to reach enlightenment?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    In the YO
    Posts
    15,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
    Hey whatever it takes to reach Nirvana but are you sure there is a quicker path to reach enlightenment?
    Your proper path my son is to relieve casinos of as much cash as possible... amen.


  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    615

    Default

    I believe both of these photos are from WSOP Katz, where no money gets taken from the casino.

    Maybe one day someone besides T3 well tell us what it actually takes. I think KJ has a proper path at this point but I believe that info is being saved for a book.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    In the YO
    Posts
    15,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Villiam View Post
    I believe both of these photos are from WSOP Katz, where no money gets taken from the casino.

    Maybe one day someone besides T3 well tell us what it actually takes. I think KJ has a proper path at this point but I believe that info is being saved for a book.
    Nope, pics not from there... don't matter nohow.

    Last edited by Katz; November 2nd, 2016 at 08:05 PM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    615

    Default

    Well the one is because it's got the Milwaukee's Best felt. But where the hell are you goin' left fielder? Why you citing Hunter all the sudden? Doing some good stuff?

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    Your proper path my son is to relieve casinos of as much cash as possible... amen.

    I hear that. I'm thinking about going to the casino this weekend to play some poker in order to clear my mind and relax a little bit. I'm dialed in to take some bankrolls, send my opponents back home with a little less in the pockets, or to put them to bed early. There's also a $50K guaranteed Monster Stack event coming up around mid month that I am going to participate in.
    Last edited by Blitzkrieg; November 2nd, 2016 at 11:55 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. My Career Path
    By Katz in forum Anything Else But
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 14th, 2013, 08:51 AM
  2. Proper Disarming
    By Katweezel in forum Anything Else But
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: April 27th, 2013, 10:02 AM
  3. Never Cross an Elephant's Path
    By Katweezel in forum Anything Else But
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: July 13th, 2012, 06:39 PM
  4. Peter Deunov's (Beinsa Douno) pentagram of the spiritual path
    By Solve et Coagula in forum Religious Cults & Spirituality
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 8th, 2012, 05:09 PM
  5. The path of silence
    By Solve et Coagula in forum Religious Cults & Spirituality
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 6th, 2012, 07:06 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts