+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Please Respect My Religion

Boz is offline Major Asshole Bet Welshing Loser - BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Villiam View Post
    You are a fucking idiot. (pants on fire--i'm not) I'm going to start posting quora and yahoo answers posts for you to chew on. (is that where you get your info?) The Torah is NOT the OT. AT ALL (false, it's the first 5 gospels). That is a terribly limited reading (false). And yes, you are right about the Talmud being quite serious (true). It is also quite secular, by religious devotional standards (mostly false, it's not secular). I didn't edit my post-- you fuckin misquoted it, (half-true--I paraphrased it and then edited your quoted post when you cried) you idiot non-lawyer. The use of the word "just" implied that it was just a practical tool, a legal tome constantly changing over times (pants on fire--that's a lot for 'just' to do). (which is why I said the Talmud was never finished, and most of it WAS ORAL) not a religious doc per (pants on fire, it's a completed, written, religious text).
    By the way, tell us all about your knowledge of how easy it is to translate Hebrew into Greek, you tool. Saying that the Torah or Tanakh is "essentially the same thing" as the OT is ignorant as fuck (pants on fire--the original language of the Old Testament is Hebrew). It was very clear what the intentions of the Christian establishment was then and it was not to carry on the tradition of Moses (pants on fire--the specific intentions of a group prior to recorded history is not "very clear"). That's why the name OT exists--it's an INSULT to Jewish religious tradition to say that God made one testament and then another(pants on fire--Christian religion is not built upon intentionally insulting Jews). Of course, the Catholic asshole bozo will inform us of the actual truth as stated by his teachers of dogma that he can only rail against now, not actually educate himself about (pants on fire--teachers of Catholicism don't teach Jewish Orthodoxy).
    I've actually read a whole book on the Talmud and Jewish debates on the meaning of law & punishment and modern Christian adaptations of this (all bastardizations of justice) and the problem of translation (Half-true--I read Moby Dick when I was 12, and I didn't get too much out of it). I've used it and other resources to write a graduate level paper in a criminology class about restorative justice (mostly false--anyone who read an entire book on the Talmud solely in order to write a report on criminology is a poor student. I once attributed passages to books I never had heard of, at random, to shore up my bibliography.). I aced the class--in undergrad school (You said it was a graduate level course). But let's listen to bozo instead, he's really smart-like about everythannnnnng....

You're getting boring, your arguments weaker, and veering way off course. This topic is already settled.
    Last edited by Boz; September 28th, 2016 at 11:11 AM.

Due To Religious Intolerance Facebook Bans All Christian Themed Content

THE JEWS STRIKE AGAIN

Last edited by Katz; September 28th, 2016 at 05:59 PM.

Zuck
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Villiam View Post
    I'm going to start posting quora and yahoo answers posts for you to chew on. The Torah is NOT the OT. AT ALL. That is a terribly limited reading. And yes, you are right about the Talmud being quite serious. It is also quite secular, by religious devotional standards. I didn't edit my post-- you fuckin misquoted it, you idiot non-lawyer. The use of the word "just" implied that it was just a practical tool, a legal tome constantly changing over time (which is why I said the Talmud was never finished, and most of it WAS ORAL) not a religious doc per se.

By the way, tell us all about your knowledge of how easy it is to translate Hebrew into Greek, you tool. Saying that the Torah or Tanakh is "essentially the same thing" as the OT is ignorant as fuck. It was very clear what the intentions of the Christian establishment was then and it was not to carry on the tradition of Moses. That's why the name OT exists--it's an INSULT to Jewish religious tradition to say that God made one testament and then another. Of course, the Catholic asshole bozo will inform us of the actual truth as stated by his teachers of dogma that he can only rail against now, not actually educate himself about.

I've actually read a whole book on the Talmud and Jewish debates on the meaning of law & punishment and modern Christian adaptations of this (all bastardizations of justice) and the problem of translation. I've used it and other resources to write a graduate level paper in a criminology class about restorative justice. I aced the class--in undergrad school. But let's listen to bozo instead, he's really smart-like about everythannnnnng....
    OK, so that makes you eminently better qualified to discuss this issue than Bozo, who admitted he never even read the Talmud; let alone studied all that crap.

So Villiam, how did all that disgusting anti-Goy hatred and obscenities in the Talmud sit with you? ... or did it all fly over you as you concentrated on more er, meaningful Jew issues?

Boz is offline Major Asshole Bet Welshing Loser - BANNED

+ Reply to Thread