+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Horse Betting

I've never made a bet at horse racing, maybe one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
    I've never made a bet at horse racing, maybe one day.
    This ebook will help you avoid falling into the trap: 97% of pony players are losers.

Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    This ebook will help you avoid falling into the trap: 97% of pony players are losers.
    You best run this by Saliu first!
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    You best run this by Saliu first!
    He probably reckons the HA on the nags is 750%

Reminds me of my first serious AP which was jai-alai betting. It's bet just like horses but it's a lot more dependent on the post position of each player. Wrote a sim for my Commodore 64 to determine the likelihood of each player winning, then watched the tote board for good value towards the end of the betting, then elbowed my way to the window when there was a good buy. Worked pretty well, but I was not alone in this endeavor.

Changing legs key to success

J
    Joao Moreira aboard Brazen Beau in the Newmarket Handicap (Photo Darren McNamara)

Joao Moreira has quickly become the most talked about jockey in the world and for good reason.
    The 30 year old has proved a dominant force wherever he rides, with every major racing stable in the world keen to utilise his services.

Beginning his apprenticeship in his native Brazil, he quickly earned the nickname of ‘Ghost’ – he would appear out of nowhere and win races, baffling his rivals. It didn’t matter whether the horse was a hot favourite or despised outsider; the result would often be the same - a win.

His early career in South America was extraordinary, with over 1000 wins. He picked up two Brazilian Eclipse Awards along the way, and his major success was in the 2006 Group 1 Derby Argentino aboard Eu Tambem.

Moreira made the move to Singapore in 2009 and he rose to prominence immediately. He was Champion jockey for four straight years, 2010 to 2013. On September 6, 2013 Moreira rode 8 winners from 8 rides at a race meeting at Kranji, an astonishing feat.

Since October 2013, Moreira has been based in the toughest racing jurisdiction in the world, Hong Kong. And his domination continues. He is linked to the champion Able Friend, the best miler in the world, and also Designs On Rome, the region’s best 2000m plus horse.

He has won Group 1 races in Dubai and Australia from limited opportunities. His recent success aboard Brazen Beau in the Newmarket Handicap at Flemington had many in awe as to his phenomenal ability.

http://www.racing.com/news/2015-03-2...key-to-success

At present, several top trainers in Australia are under investigation for administering illegal amounts of cobalt to horses

Last edited by Katz; June 26th, 2015 at 04:13 AM.

+ Reply to Thread