+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arbitraging Penalties Seahawks Style

Default Arbitraging Penalties Seahawks Style

I've kind of grew up with type of mind set. Question all authority. Don't follow the rest of the sheep. Think outside of the box's boxes.
    This type of thinking and attitude has to be applied in the AP world. Look at the owner of this site, he saw a opportunity and jumped on it years ago.
    I say look at the rules and figure the weaknesses and just do it. Look at a dealer, can she or he be manipulated to do what you need done? Look ,,,,,think,,,,think hard. When I was doing machines full time the rules of promotions is where the money was made.

There is always advantages to rules.....this is what the Seahawks figured out. HOW MANY FLAGS CAN THE REFS POSSIBLY THROW IN A GAME? It's a televised game and they only have X amount of airtime,,,,its all about the money .......Fuckin brilliant! How many times can they back you off a game? Don't be a chicken shit.....figure out how to exploit.

My new fav team is the Seahawks just for this type of thinking! Geniuses!!
    Oh yeah I forgot to say.........FUCKYOUN0RM!!
    And one more edit.....FUCKYOU0BAMA..I will never bow to your healthcare requirements!! -Mac

----------------

Yellow Flags are Seahawks' best friend

Exploiting loopholes in the rulebook helped launch Seattle's budding dynasty

Penalty Free Football Not So Important After All -
    There's a team in Super Bowl XLIX that, for years, has created a major competitive advantage by blatantly disregarding NFL rules. I'm talking about the Seattle Seahawks, of course. Over the past three years the Seahawks have done something no one in the white-socks-and-black-shoes, stuck-in-the-1950s NFL ever dreamed possible, or legal.

Since 2012 Seattle has been at the top of the NFL in wins (tied with 36), Super Bowl appearances and ... penalties.

The best team in the league has been penalized so many times (416) in the last three seasons that I'm pretty sure the fluorescent yellow trim on the Seahawks uniforms is actually just residue from all the penalty flags. Still, Seattle's success isn't in spite of all the penalties. It's inspired by it.

MORE-
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014...heir-advantage

Last edited by zengrifter; January 30th, 2015 at 02:46 PM. Reason: format + embed + N0rm
    So look buddy it's nothing personal, but either your the unluckiest person in the world or your stealing from me. Either way............ I WANT NO PART OF YOU!!!!!! NEVER!!!!

Classic use of game-theory.
    I hope Seahawks' masterful strategy doesn't underscore that ...

"The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

There are different ways of looking at it. As anyone who plays BJ knows, if you never get backed off you're not spreading aggressively enough. On the other hand if you are getting banned from good games for stupid reasons you're playing stupid. The way you judge the discipline of a team is the type of penalty. A lot of holding and false start type flags means aggressive play, while a lot of personal fouls, late hits, disrespect for refs etc. just means stupid players.

What might be distorting the penalty stats is accepted vs. declined penalties. A team that completes a lot of passes and makes a lot of first downs is of course going to have a lot of penalties accepted, while a team that doesn't do those things is going to have more declined. The context of the penalty is important too. If you're 3rd and 1 and behind your own 20 and you take a ridiculous chance like holding and make it 4th and 11 you're giving away the game. But if you're 3rd and 10 on the opponent's 40 it's totally worth it; the worst that's going to happen is you're going to punt it into the end zone which is exactly what you're going to do anyway if you don't make the first down. So the way the refs can turn this around on them is to not throw the flags when it doesn't make a difference, only throw them when it hurts.

So Seahawks lost, they didn't get enough penalties?

Quote Originally Posted by DDutton View Post
    So Seahawks lost, they didn't get enough penalties?
    Well they tried! Here's a great example of a shot that is not worth taking...

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/201...n-celebration/

Is he taking a sh*t or laying an egg?
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........

Ok I'll say it.
    No I won't......we all know what the jig is....

Mac
    So look buddy it's nothing personal, but either your the unluckiest person in the world or your stealing from me. Either way............ I WANT NO PART OF YOU!!!!!! NEVER!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Machinist View Post
    Ok I'll say it.
    No I won't......we all know what the jig is....
    No, only football fans know ... I don't!

Look at basketball....same culture there. Rappers, same shit. Funny it's not in golf, nor tennis. Hmmmm, don't see it much in baseball either. Hockey, nope. Soccer? Nope....
    Gee......wonder what the dif is ?

Mac

Quote Originally Posted by Machinist View Post
    Look at basketball....same culture there. Rappers, same shit. Funny it's not in golf, nor tennis. Hmmmm, don't see it much in baseball either. Hockey, nope. Soccer? Nope....
    Gee......wonder what the dif is ?

Mac
    You'd be surprised how bad soccer can be. Hope it never catches on in America.

I think football and basketball are worst because there's no minor leagues. These guys were protected all throughout college now all of a sudden they're on their own and the truth comes out. In baseball and hockey you spend a few years in the minors and have time to fuck up, and there is little tolerance for minor leaguers who are fuck-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Automatic Monkey View Post
    You'd be surprised how bad soccer can be. Hope it never catches on in America.

I think football and basketball are worst because there's no minor leagues. These guys were protected all throughout college now all of a sudden they're on their own and the truth comes out. In baseball and hockey you spend a few years in the minors and have time to fuck up, and there is little tolerance for minor leaguers who are fuck-ups.

+ Reply to Thread