+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: More Crazy Christians

Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    I don't understand your comment. Jesus wasn't gay; are you?
    The circumstantial evidence mounts... conclusion: Jesus must have been gay and so he attracted a gay following. First he homed in on poor, unsuspecting, hard-working fishermen. After a brief chat he simply said follow me... they immediately abandoned their wives, livelihood and families and did just that. Hmmm. Later he allegedly said take no heed for tomorrow. In other words, enjoy the pleasures of the now. He implied have no thrift, do not invest, forget about your dumb-ass career, just have faith dear brothers.

Then he hung around with his bunch of unemployed losers, of which he was the prime example, as they moved about begging. Meanwhile, the apostles' families apparently starved to death while Gay Jeebs was whoopin it up with his gay-boy mates. Uh, sorry ladies, no room for you... LOL
    Last edited by Katz; December 12th, 2014 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Follow me, dudes but not dudesses

Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    The circumstantial evidence mounts... conclusion: Jesus must have been gay and so he attracted a gay following. First he homed in on poor, unsuspecting, hard-working fishermen. After a brief chat he simply said follow me... they immediately abandoned their wives, livelihood and families and did just that. Hmmm. Later he allegedly said take no heed for tomorrow. In other words, enjoy the pleasures of the now. He implied have no thrift, do not invest, forget about your dumb-ass career, just have faith dear brothers.

Then he hung around with his bunch of unemployed losers, of which he was the prime example, as they moved about begging. Meanwhile, the apostles' families apparently starved to death while Gay Jeebs was whoopin it up with his gay-boy mates. Uh, sorry ladies, no room for you... LOL
    You are projecting again, Katz. If you are uneasy with your homosexual leanings, realize that it's not a sin. The only thing that would make you abnormal would be if you gave into them. A person cannot help it if he is born with such tendencies, but he can help whether he gives in to them. You're normal, Katz. Don't be so hard on yourself. Or if you've created these tendencies in yourself, you can undo them, but it will take effort, and it would probably be good if you sought help, preferably by a Catholic psychiatrist, because too many of the others will lead you down the garden path into acceptance of something that is not meant for any human being. It's one of life's treacheries.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

“It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

You are projecting again, Katz. If you are uneasy with your homosexual leanings, realize that it's not a sin. The only thing that would make you abnormal would be if you gave into them. A person cannot help it if he is born with such tendencies, but he can help whether he gives in to them. You're normal, Katz. Don't be so hard on yourself. Or if you've created these tendencies in yourself, you can undo them, but it will take effort, and it would probably be good if you sought help, preferably by a Catholic psychiatrist, because too many of the others will lead you down the garden path into acceptance of something that is not meant for any human being. It's one of life's treacheries.
    What you just said there, my long time [female] partner resembles that. Now where was I? Oh yeah, Jesus was gay. I've made my point. To conclude, apparently he never had a girlfriend... up until when he didn't die when he was 29, 31 or 33... or sumthin. Maybe he had a secret gf or three but that - along with a hellova lot of other stuff - was edited.

As for him saying idiotic stuff like take no heed for tomorrow, there is a perfectly logical explanation for that: Imagine this, your country was invaded by a cruel, ruthless and barbaric force called the Romans. They have ruled your country with an iron fist and as matter of routine to keep their peace, they deal with uprisings and troublemakers swiftly and publically, with crucifixions, as a warning to other malcontents. So your country is in the grip of your tyrannical masters... much like the Palestinians today.

In fact, Jesus was not unlike the Palestinians of today. That is why he thought it was the end of the world. That is why all those anon Jews who wrote stuff at that time were obsessed with the End of the World. It must have looked like The End to them. Decades of living a miserable life under the Roman Tyrannical yoke of terror made them put End of the World words in his mouth.

That was why those anon writing-Jews put those words in his mouth, as well as all that guff about armageddon. It sure as hell must have looked like The End was imminent to the Jews of Judea under Roman rule.
    Last edited by Katz; December 13th, 2014 at 03:19 AM. Reason: The End is not nigh

What you just said there, my long time [female] partner resembles that. Now where was I? Oh yeah, Jesus was gay. I've made my point. To conclude, apparently he never had a girlfriend... up until when he didn't die when he was 29, 31 or 33... or sumthin. Maybe he had a secret gf or three but that - along with a hellova lot of other stuff - was edited.

As for him saying idiotic stuff like take no heed for tomorrow, there is a perfectly logical explanation for that: Imagine this, your country was invaded by a cruel, ruthless and barbaric force called the Romans. They have ruled your country with an iron fist and as matter of routine to keep their peace, they deal with uprisings and troublemakers swiftly and publically, with crucifixions, as a warning to other malcontents. So your country is in the grip of your tyrannical masters... much like the Palestinians today.

In fact, Jesus was not unlike the Palestinians of today. That is why he thought it was the end of the world. That is why all those anon Jews who wrote stuff at that time were obsessed with the End of the World. It must have looked like The End to them. Decades of living a miserable life under the Roman Tyrannical yoke of terror made them put End of the World words in his mouth.

That was why those anon writing-Jews put those words in his mouth, as well as all that guff about armageddon. It sure as hell must have looked like The End was imminent to the Jews of Judea under Roman rule.
    You can believe that if you want, but you would be flat out wrong. Even his close friend Peter said:

But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day. The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

But the day of the Lord will come like a thief. The heavens will disappear with a roar; the elements will be destroyed by fire, and the earth and everything done in it will be laid bare

So just in case you thought that saying was made up by a modern preacher, it was not.

It's easy to make up things like you said, but they don't have any basis in fact. You need to stop getting your material second hand and read the book you criticize so much. I doubt you ever read it anymore, getting all your nonsense from secondhand sources, like your picture posts.

BTW, I don't take the passage above literally. The earth is not going to end, only the earth as we know it. Peter even says so elsewhere when he talks about a new heavens and a new earth. I am looking for the earth to be transformed some day, and only the things that are good will stand, and everything else will be done away with, including the people who refuse to love, living for themselves and their own pleasure. Love is the answer. You may not believe in Jesus Christ, and that may be due to poor presentation by those who deliver the message of the gospel, but if you don't believe in love, you are destined for destruction IMO of your own making. Love is something that everyone should be able to agree on and if they don't, then there is something terribly wrong with that person. You do believe in love, don't you?
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Last edited by Katz; December 13th, 2014 at 04:49 PM.

Rick Perry: The Bible Proves That Poverty is Inevitable

Outgoing Texas governor isn't sweating his state's sorry statistics on inequality.

December 13, 2014 |

Texas may have the country’s highest rate of people who lack health insurance and rank in the top 10 states with the highest poverty levels, but Gov. Rick Perry can’t be bothered. In an interview with the Washington Post published today, Perry suggested that the Bible proves that poverty is “always going to be with us.”

As he prepares to hand over the reins to Gov.-elect Greg Abbott next month, Perry is turning his attention toward mounting a second White House bid, despite facing a criminal indictment and vivid memories of how he spectacularly imploded during his disastrous 2012 presidential campaign.

It remains to be seen whether Perry will succeed in his effort to have the abuse of power charges against him tossed out, but for now, the Republican is beefing up on public policy, seeking to avoid the kinds of embarrassing stumbles that doomed his last campaign. Among the issues on which he’s consulted experts, the Post reports, is income inequality.

But Perry doesn’t see inequality as a particularly big problem, and he’s certainly not going to champion an all-out war on poverty.

“Biblically, the poor are always going to be with us in some form or fashion,” Perry told the Post.

More: http://www.alternet.org/rick-perry-b...rty-inevitable

Last edited by Katz; December 13th, 2014 at 07:10 PM.

Rick Perry: The Bible Proves That Poverty is Inevitable

Outgoing Texas governor isn't sweating his state's sorry statistics on inequality.

December 13, 2014 |

Texas may have the country’s highest rate of people who lack health insurance and rank in the top 10 states with the highest poverty levels, but Gov. Rick Perry can’t be bothered. In an interview with the Washington Post published today, Perry suggested that the Bible proves that poverty is “always going to be with us.”

As he prepares to hand over the reins to Gov.-elect Greg Abbott next month, Perry is turning his attention toward mounting a second White House bid, despite facing a criminal indictment and vivid memories of how he spectacularly imploded during his disastrous 2012 presidential campaign.

It remains to be seen whether Perry will succeed in his effort to have the abuse of power charges against him tossed out, but for now, the Republican is beefing up on public policy, seeking to avoid the kinds of embarrassing stumbles that doomed his last campaign. Among the issues on which he’s consulted experts, the Post reports, is income inequality.

But Perry doesn’t see inequality as a particularly big problem, and he’s certainly not going to champion an all-out war on poverty.

“Biblically, the poor are always going to be with us in some form or fashion,” Perry told the Post.

More: http://www.alternet.org/rick-perry-b...rty-inevitable

I do not believe that when Jesus said "the poor we have always with us" was meant as a definitive statement that poverty could not be wiped out. He and his followers collected money to help the poor. I think what he meant was that poverty was an ongoing problem while his presence on the earth was short and coming quickly to an end. He made the statement when a woman dared to anoint his feet with expensive perfume, which Judas (the secret thief) said could have been used to help the poor. I believe as a Christian I should do whatever I can to help eliminate poverty. I believe it is possible to eradicate it, although the likelihood does not seem good considering our current track record. Still, we press on, hopeful, and at least knowing that we are alleviating the problem even if we do not eradicate it. I would not consider Perry an expert on Bible interpretation and I take what he says in that regard with a grain of salt.

To me, income inequality is not a problem, but income insufficiency is a problem. What do I care if I make a million dollars and someone else makes a trillion dollars? But I do care if someone does not make enough to feed, cloth and shelter himself.
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Teenage girl killed herself because she was needlessly scared to tell her devout Christian parents she was gay

• Lizzie Lowe, 14, had confided to friends about her struggle with sexuality
    • The coroner said she was conflicted over faith and her feelings
    • Friends said she didn't want to tell her Christian parents
    • But her father said she would have had a 'wealth of love and acceptance'
    18 December 2014

The parents of a teenage girl have spoken of their anguish after she hanged herself over fears of telling them she might be gay.
    In the months before her death, 14-year-old Elisabeth Lowe, known as Lizzie, had confided to friends that she thought she may be a lesbian, an inquest heard.

Her friends said she was scared of telling her parents and had struggled to reconcile her feelings with the family's strong Christian faith.
    But Lizzie's father said her fears were 'misplaced' and that she would have received a 'wealth of love and acceptance'.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3MfvdlxNY

Here's another Crazy Christian... [dead from snakebite. LOL.]

Here's another Crazy Christian... [dead from snakebite. LOL.]

If he's dead from snakebite, I don't especially find it funny.

Certain small denominations around Kentucky and West Virginia handle venomous snakes. They base their odd practice on the Gospel of Mark, Chapter 16:

And these signs shall follow them that believe: In my name they shall cast out devils: they shall speak with new tongues. They shall take up serpents; and if they shall drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them: they shall lay their hands upon the sick, and they shall recover.

It did not say that Christians should go out and pick up snakes and drink poison tp prove that they were Christians. It said that these would be signs that [sometimes] would occur among believers. In fact, there is an account of St. Paul being bitten by a viper and not dying or becoming ill:

AND when we had escaped, then we knew that the island was called Melita. But the barbarians shewed us no small courtesy. For kindling a fire, they refreshed us all, because of the present rain, and of the cold. And when Paul had gathered together a bundle of sticks, and had laid them on the fire, a viper coming out of the heat, fastened on his hand. And when the barbarians saw the beast hanging on his hand, they said one to another: Undoubtedly this man is a murderer, who though he hath escaped the sea, yet vengeance doth not suffer him to live. And he indeed shaking off the beast into the fire, suffered no harm. But they supposed that he would begin to swell up, and that he would suddenly fall down and die. But expecting long, and seeing that there came no harm to him, changing their minds, they said, that he was a god. ACTS 28

Thankfully, Christian snake handlers are rare. It is what happens when men make private interpretations of Biblical texts. The mainstream Christian church does not teach such bizarre practices.
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Certain small denominations around Kentucky and West Virginia handle venomous snakes. They base their odd practice on the Gospel of Mark, Chapter 16:
    And these signs shall follow them that believe: In my name they shall cast out devils: they shall speak with new tongues. They shall take up serpents; and if they shall drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them: they shall lay their hands upon the sick, and they shall recover.

It did not say that Christians should go out and pick up snakes and drink poison tp prove that they were Christians. It said that these would be signs that [sometimes] would occur among believers. In fact, there is an account of St. Paul being bitten by a viper and not dying or becoming ill:

AND when we had escaped, then we knew that the island was called Melita. But the barbarians shewed us no small courtesy. For kindling a fire, they refreshed us all, because of the present rain, and of the cold. And when Paul had gathered together a bundle of sticks, and had laid them on the fire, a viper coming out of the heat, fastened on his hand. And when the barbarians saw the beast hanging on his hand, they said one to another: Undoubtedly this man is a murderer, who though he hath escaped the sea, yet vengeance doth not suffer him to live. And he indeed shaking off the beast into the fire, suffered no harm. But they supposed that he would begin to swell up, and that he would suddenly fall down and die. But expecting long, and seeing that there came no harm to him, changing their minds, they said, that he was a god. ACTS 28

Thankfully, Christian snake handlers are rare. It is what happens when men make private interpretations of Biblical texts. The mainstream Christian church does not teach such bizarre practices.
    It's Yahweh's dumb fault for saying such rubbish.

It's Yahweh's dumb fault for saying such rubbish.
    I thought it was Mark who wrote that?
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

I thought it was Mark who wrote that?
    You told me how many times, Yahweh inspired dumb ignorant primitive Jews to write stuff.

It's funny all right. A jackass of a preacher reads this rubbish: [Gospel of Mark, Chapter 16:
    And these signs shall follow them that believe: In my name they shall cast out devils: they shall speak with new tongues. They shall take up serpents; and if they shall drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them: they shall lay their hands upon the sick, and they shall recover.]

And then he finds a rattler and gets bit and drops dead. That is funny.

+ Reply to Thread