+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Unofficial Brothel of CES-Las Vegas

Default The Unofficial Brothel of CES-Las Vegas

This Is the Unofficial Brothel of CES

When new women arrive to work at Sheri’s Ranch, a legal brothel about 65 miles west of Las Vegas, they have to be taught a lot of new techniques. Social media is one of the most important of them.

During this week’s sprawling International CES gadget show, which ends today and draws more than 150,000 people each year to the Las Vegas Convention Center, the sharing-savvy brothel sees some of its busiest nights. Sheri’s Ranch calls itself “the unofficial brothel of CES” — and says that business is up about 70 percent this week.

Brothel matron Dena, who uses humorously bawdy social media to attract CES attendees, also trains the ranch’s rotating roster of 75 to 100 on-site sex workers to create online personas and unique voices, which Dena says makes the women feel more empowered, and helps skirt the legal ban against advertising their services.

While the other tech bloggers were getting glassy-eyed visiting selfie-stick booths on the convention floor, I headed out to Pahrump for a visit. The ranch’s on-staff private driver picked me up at the convention center, offered me a mini bottle of Courvoisier, and pointed out the sun setting over Pahrump Peak as we drove for an hour through the desert. Not a building in sight.

MORE- http://recode.net/2015/01/08/this-is...rothel-of-ces/
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

That's a lot of ladies on sight. If I went out to Vegas, I might have to stop by the place.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
    That's a lot of ladies on sight. If I went out to Vegas, I might have to stop by the place.
    Reno has always afforded a better brothel value.
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    That's nice. I've never been to Reno. It would be nice to go out there one time if I ever get around to it.

Default No longer quite true..........

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    Since Hoff's reincarnation of the Bunny Ranch and his HBO Cathouse show, I would opine that prices in Reno area (at least on his Redlight district) are higher than Pahrump prices now. But it would be interesting if one's bankroll was large enough to "research" that observation. I don't say it's "empirical" but it might be "experimental"

+ Reply to Thread