+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How To Create A Count System by Norm Wattenberger

Default How To Create A Count System by Norm Wattenberger

He seems to have left out the algebraic method?

Creating a Blackjack Card Counting Strategy

By Norman Wattenberger

Card counting strategies range from fairly simple to absurdly complex. This article provides instructions on creating a card counting strategy and in doing so describes the various characteristics of counting systems. It may be of interest even if you don't wish to create a strategy but want to learn about the make-up of such systems.

Creating a new strategy is not difficult if you start with an existing strategy. If you wish to start from scratch there is a bit more work. There are plenty of strategies in the books. But, many people do like to at least modify a current strategy to better fit their needs.

Card Counting Tools

The following tools are needed:
    • Efficiency Calculator - Tells you how efficient a particular count is
    • Index Generator - To create new playing indexes
    • Simulator - To fine-tune and measure the effectiveness of the new strategy

Card Counting Tag Values

First you need to settle on the card point values. If you have already done this, you can skip to the Index Generation section. Although reading this section may add to your understanding. Each card has a point value like +1 or -1. There are several characteristics of counts as follows:
    • True Count vs. Running Count - As cards are seen, you keep a running sum of the card tag values. Running Count systems use this count for both betting and playing decisions. True Count systems require that you divide the RC by a number representing the number of cards that have been seen. There are various methods of converting RC to TC (e.g. division, multiplication, tables.) TC systems generally use this TC for all playing decisions. Most also use it for betting decisions. There are exceptions to both of these rules. RC strategies are generally easier to use and TC strategies are generally more accurate.
    • Balanced vs. Unbalanced - In a balanced strategy, all of the point values sum to zero. In an unbalanced strategy, the sum of all the cards is positive. Unbalanced strategies have an advantage because they can be used in the easier running count systems. Although they can also be used in TC systems. Balanced strategies have an advantage in that they are generally a bit more accurate (there are exceptions) and the count hovers around zero making counting easier and betting strategies easier.
    • Ace-Reckoned vs. Ace-Neutral - Generally the Ace is counted as a negative number (Ace-reckoned) or zero (Ace-neutral.) Ace-Reckoned strategies are generally better for shoe games and Ace-Neutral strategies are generally better for single and double deck. (Not always true.) There are compromise strategies (e.g. Zen, UBZ II) where the Ace is counted at half of the normal value. This is particularly good for double-deck and not bad for single deck or shoes. These days, Ace-reckoned strategies are more popular.
    • Level - The level of a strategy refers to the highest value assigned to cards. Level 2 and 3 card counting methods are more efficient, but quite a bit more difficult for most people. Level 3, 4 & 5 strategies also exist. But this is overkill. The most popular strategies these days are level 1. In a level 1 strategy, tens are counted as -1 and some or all low cards are counted as +1.

MORE-
    http://www.pc-calculators.com/articl...ategy.a353.htm
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

Why do I get this image (below) on the bottom of Norm's card counting advice?

**IMAGE REMOVED**
    Last edited by zengrifter; April 28th, 2014 at 12:21 AM. Reason: image removed

Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post

Attachment 27691
    uhmm, Katz, it's a smart webpage, upon presenting an advertisement the page inspects your cookies and presents an advertisement that reflects what the page perceives is an interest of yours. lol
    best regards,
    mr fr0g MMOA honorary predator
    STRENGTH - HONOR - HEART
    that's my take on it your mileage may vary.
    for senior citizen fuzzy count click link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrTiP4ZIUfI

Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    Sage is correct. Probably it's a site that you visited previously. Why where you at that dating site?
    BTW, I just pulled the author's name from the thread title. Given his bizarre sensitivity to the free-wheeling use of his name I should not have included it in title.
    Last edited by zengrifter; April 27th, 2014 at 09:27 PM.
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    BTW, I just pulled the author's name from the thread title. Given his bizarre sensitivity to the free-wheeling use of his name I should not have included it in title.
    I also removed the image. As everyone knows I de-indexed a thread previously because it had caused a surge of irrelevant image search results for Norm W.
    We don't wish to see a replay of that effect.

Ahem!!! I apologize up front .......

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!!!

MAC

I feel a bit better now.......aahhhhhh
    Last edited by zengrifter; April 29th, 2014 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Tic patrol
    So look buddy it's nothing personal, but either your the unluckiest person in the world or your stealing from me. Either way............ I WANT NO PART OF YOU!!!!!! NEVER!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Machinist View Post
    Ahem!!! I apologize up front .......

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX!!!!!

MAC

I feel a bit better now.......aahhhhhh
    What, you got Tourette Syndrome? Was that a 'tic'? Or maybe Corprolalia?*

Coprolalia encompasses words and phrases that are culturally taboo or generally unsuitable for acceptable social use, when used out of context. The term is not used to describe contextual swearing. It is usually expressed out of social or emotional context, and may be spoken in a louder tone or different cadence or pitch than normal conversation. It can be a single word, or complex phrases. A person with coprolalia may repeat the word mentally rather than saying it out loud; these subvocalizations can be very distressing.
    Coprolalia is an occasional characteristic of Tourette syndrome, although it is not required for a diagnosis of Tourette's. In Tourette syndrome, compulsive swearing can be uncontrollable and undesired by the person uttering the phrases. Involuntary outbursts, such as racial or ethnic slurs in the company of those most offended by such remarks, can be particularly embarrassing. The phrases uttered by a person with coprolalia do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of the person

Hmmmmm, that possible. Maybe I can get a guvunment check for that condition?

Mac
    So look buddy it's nothing personal, but either your the unluckiest person in the world or your stealing from me. Either way............ I WANT NO PART OF YOU!!!!!! NEVER!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Machinist View Post
    Hmmmmm, that possible. Maybe I can get a guvunment check for that condition?
    Just turn in your guns.

+ Reply to Thread