+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Facebook faces class action suit over interception of private messages

Default Facebook faces class action suit over interception of private messages

Facebook violated users privacy, presumed to access users PMs

Facebook faces class action suit over interception of private messages

Facebook is facing a class-action lawsuit in Canada over its alleged interception of private message of users of the social network.

The lawsuit in the Ontario Superior Court alleges that URLs (uniform resource locators) in the private messages were “harvested” by Facebook in violation of its users’ privacy, without their knowledge or consent, Rochon Genova, the law firm representing the users, said Wednesday.

Facebook did not disclose to users that their private messages would be intercepted and reviewed ...

read more: http://www.pcworld.com/article/21422...-messages.html

PMs are NOT to be trusted ANYWHERE.
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    PMs are NOT to be trusted ANYWHERE.
    I never did. I assume you read whoever's PMs you want even here on the ZZ. Don't bother denying it, because it is beyond proving. What I meant by that seemingly accusatory remark, which it really wasn't, was that everyone should assume that anything they do on an Internet Forum is subject to surveillance, whether it's in a private chat room, a PM, or whatever. It is likely that spies from various countries own and operate a number of forum sites for the express purpose of spying on users, hopefully being able to snag a few political or big business notables over the course of time. I also assume that no matter what alias one uses, or what laptop or desktop computer one uses, these parties have their ways for determining who the real person behind the alias is. That is why I always use my real name. Aslan
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

“It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    I never did. I assume you read whoever's PMs you want even here on the ZZ. Don't bother denying it, because it is beyond proving. What I meant by that seemingly accusatory remark, which it really wasn't, was that everyone should assume that anything they do on an Internet Forum is subject to surveillance, whether it's in a private chat room, a PM, or whatever. It is likely that spies from various countries own and operate a number of forum sites for the express purpose of spying on users, hopefully being able to snag a few political or big business notables over the course of time. I also assume that no matter what alias one uses, or what laptop or desktop computer one uses, these parties have their ways for determining who the real person behind the alias is. That is why I always use my real name. Aslan
    Not for a second do I believe your real name is Aslan. What do you take us for, complete nincompoops or what? Aslan was a lion out of Hollywood in Chronicles of Narnia. You hijacked his name. Don't try to deny it. And I am truly surprised how you suggest site owners like this one here actually read other peoples' PMs. Shame on you! How else is he ever going to find out who is starting more vicious rumors or who is backstabbing, lying and making up bullshit about him all the time. Snowden exposed what your own government has been doing for years. So you cannot really blame a site owner for following the great example of his own government, can you... Here is the real Aslan, having his toes tickled... you sir, are a phony!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Katz; April 10th, 2014 at 04:56 PM.

I never did. I assume you read whoever's PMs you want even here on the ZZ. Don't bother denying it, because it is beyond proving.
    No, I haven't installed the plugin.
    Those vB community "owners" who do surreptitiously access member PMs, presumably do so to keep their members safe ... just like NSA.
    I do believe that it is illegal for owners to read members' PMs unless it is disclosed in the community TOS.
    Review a vB community TOS for some telltale language, possibly purposely obscure and opaque language.
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........

Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    What do you take us for, complete nincompoops or what?
    I see one of us in the picture!

Not for a second do I believe your real name is Aslan. What do you take us for, complete nincompoops or what? Aslan was a lion out of Hollywood in Chronicles of Narnia. You hijacked his name. Don't try to deny it. And I am truly surprised how you suggest site owners like this one here actually read other peoples' PMs. Shame on you! How else is he ever going to find out who is starting more vicious rumors or who is backstabbing, lying and making up bullshit about him all the time. Snowden exposed what your own government has been doing for years. So you cannot really blame a site owner for following the great example of his own government, can you... Here is the real Aslan, having his toes tickled... you sir, are a phony!
    What! Someone has the temerity to use my name in a book and a movie? Who are they? Is the book about me? Did they make a lot of money? Should I sue their socks off? When did this happen? I live a secluded life and don't get away from the den very often. The wife does all the ...er ...uh ...shopping.
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

What! Someone has the temerity to use my name in a book and a movie? Who are they? Is the book about me? Did they make a lot of money? Should I sue their socks off? When did this happen? I live a secluded life and don't get away from the den very often. The wife does all the ...er ...uh ...shopping.
    Now now, don't have a ... Qfit!

No, I haven't installed the plugin.
    The plugin is for technically challenged admins, like ZG.
    But any intermediate level CMS webmaster can go into the phpAdmin control and read the PMs in the mysql.

Quote Originally Posted by DDutton View Post
    The plugin is for technically challenged admins, like ZG.
    But any intermediate level CMS webmaster can go into the phpAdmin control and read the PMs in the mysql.

Dr Dutton, don't believe any of that shit they say about you.

Now now, don't have a ... Qfit!
    The noive of some people! Let me att'em, let me att'em!
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Dr Dutton, don't believe any of that shit they say about you.
    No! Believe all of it!
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

+ Reply to Thread