+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Radar For Sale

Default Radar For Sale

The giant radar, so powerful it can tell which way a baseball is spinning 3,000 miles away. Cancer anyone?

Name:  radary.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  55.6 KBName:  radar.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  47.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    The giant radar, so powerful it can tell which way a baseball is spinning 3,000 miles away. Cancer anyone?

Attachment 27451Attachment 27452
    Is it floating or attached to the ocean floor? Is it for sale?
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

“It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

Question Can You Buy Me Some of These?

I would think a large monitoring device would be vulnerable to attack from something like what is described in the article at: https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...icle-1.1749616 Easy target for a future f4lse fl4g op?

Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    Is it floating or attached to the ocean floor? Is it for sale?
    It was on its way from Hawaii to Alaska when I intercepted it. Yes it is for sale. That is my green for sale sign. Just send $5M via PPal, but first as a show of good faith, I will accept 25% of the full price, right now. Oh, and btw, I deliver, extra of course. (Note, it has had little use and it cost $1B originally so this is a real bargain!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodo View Post
    I would think a large monitoring device would be vulnerable to attack from something like what is described in the article at: https://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...icle-1.1749616 Easy target for a future f4lse fl4g op?
    Wow. Explosions. We love explosions.

It was on its way from Hawaii to Alaska when I intercepted it. Yes it is for sale. That is my green for sale sign. Just send $5M via PPal, but first as a show of good faith, I will accept 25% of the full price, right now. Oh, and btw, I deliver, extra of course. (Note, it has had little use and it cost $1B originally so this is a real bargain!
    Have you got a matching pair?
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Have you got a matching pair?
    Yes, but only for you if you act now. In fact, the second one will be free... just for you. Delivery is expensive these days. Final knockdown price for two, with one free, all delivered anywhere in the Northern Hemisphere, for you only, is $7.5M guaranteed, final and last offer. Be quick, the Russians are coming. (With these you will be able to see the whites of their eyes.)

Yes, but only for you if you act now. In fact, the second one will be free... just for you. Delivery is expensive these days. Final knockdown price for two, with one free, all delivered anywhere in the Northern Hemisphere, for you only, is $7.5M guaranteed, final and last offer. Be quick, the Russians are coming. (With these you will be able to see the whites of their eyes.)
    You drive a hard bargain, but I checked with my friends in a political action committee that wants to keep a low profile who said it's a deal if you throw in two tickets to Disneyland.
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

You drive a hard bargain, but I checked with my friends in a political action committee that wants to keep a low profile who said it's a deal if you throw in two tickets to Disneyland.
    I read on the Internet you spend most of your time in Disneyland.

I read on the Internet you spend most of your time in Disneyland.
    My assignment is to follow you wherever you go. I am not a liberty to divulge those places, but you know, and it's all in my report.
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

My assignment is to follow you wherever you go. I am not a liberty to divulge those places, but you know, and it's all in my report.
    You have also been seen talking into your shoe, Maxwell.

You have also been seen talking into your shoe, Maxwell.
    Now don't Get Smart! I'm just doing my job. Besides, there's a secret communications device in my shoe that you're not supposed to know about. I'd appreciate it if you'd keep such things to your self. Catfeesh?
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Exclamation Protocols of the Elders of ZenZone

I think it is time for you to use the Cone of Silence.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodo View Post
    I think it is time for you to use the Cone of Silence.
    I took the bait ...

The Cone of Silence is one of many recurring joke devices from Get Smart, an American comedy television series of the 1960s about an inept spy.
    Invented by "Professor Cone", the device is designed to protect the most secret of conversations (aka "C.O.S. security risks") by enshrouding its users within a transparent sound-proof shield. Unfortunately, Control had purchased the device from a "discount place" rather than the federal government, so it has never worked properly. Naturally, this frustrating situation provides fuel for comedy.

Although Get Smart popularized the term, the "Cone of Silence" actually originated on the syndicated TV show Science Fiction Theatre in an episode titled "Barrier of Silence" written by Lou Huston and first airing September 3, 1955, 10 years ahead of the NBC comedy. The story focused on finding a cure for Professor Richard Sheldon, who had been returned to the United States in a confused, altered state of mind after abduction by enemy agents while visiting Milan. Scientists discovered that placing Sheldon in an environment of total silence was the means of brainwashing, a precursor to later ideas of sensory deprivation, celebrated in such films as Altered States and sundry spy thrillers. He was placed on a chair in the "Cone of Silence" which consisted of a raised circular platform suspended by three wires tied to a common vertex. Although the cone's surface was open, noise canceling sound generators located just below the vertex would shroud anyone sitting inside in a complete silence impossible in natural surroundings. Only a speculative possibility at that time (and so science fiction), such technology is now commonplace in Active Noise Canceling electronics for personal and industrial use. It was also demonstrated that anyone speaking inside the cone, could not be heard outside, the feature later used in Get Smart.

The idea had been explored in Arthur C. Clarke's 1954 short story "Silence, please", a device capable of cancelling sound waves.[1][2]

An episode of Mission: Impossible featured an inverted cone of silence (outside sounds were blocked and replaced).[3] A government official attending a theater play hears subversive dialogue in place of the original lines, and the playwright is jailed for subversion.
    Last edited by zengrifter; April 12th, 2014 at 02:26 PM.
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

+ Reply to Thread