Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

2 20.00%
  • no

8 80.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who will be the next next Fed Chairman?

Default Poker players see if you can get any tells from the fed chairman.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/...n4862191.shtml
    2 vids

he seems like a very nice man.

Default Fed Reserve Eyepatches

by Dapiz March 15, 2009 4:48 PM PDT
    Who is the Federal Reserve? A group of Privately held banks:

* Rothschild Banks of London and Berlin
    * Lazard Brothers Bank of Paris
    * Israel Moses Seif Bank of Italy
    * Warburg Bank of Hamburg and Amsterdam
    * Lehman Brothers Bank of New York
    * Kuhn, Loeb and Co. of New York
    * Chase Manhattan Bank of New York
    * Goldman, Sachs of New York
    Dogma schmogma

this is a comment from the 60 minutes video

by TriciaLMurphy June 13, 2009 8:41 AM PDT Several years ago (2000?) Ben Bernanke and a bus full of Federal Employees were given a tour of Gettysburg, PA, by Tricia L. Murphy, a Gettysburg Licensed Battlefield Guide. During the two-hour tour she mentioned that her recent historical research suggested there would be a massive global depression between the years 2005 and 2008. In less than 60 Seconds the battlefield guide briefly illustrated historical aspects of the economy and what may happen in the near future if the trends continued.

Ben Bernanke disagreed with her theory and dismissed the idea. Tricia L. Murphy posed this question to Bernanke and the Federal Employees regarding the possibility of a future severe recession ? ?What if I am right? What steps can The Federal Government take NOW to prevent an economic melt down of the US and Global Economy? The hero will be the person who can come up with a strong well thought out economic plan to head off a global recession.?

Ben Bernanke and Tricia L. Murphy concluded the tour with a friendly wager - lunch in 8 years ? for the person who was correct.

Mr. Ben Bernanke, at your convenience, you may buy me that lunch?

Tricia L. Murphy,
    Unemployed former
    Gettysburg Licensed Battlefield Guide
    Tricia.L.Murphy@live.com

PS ? The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

I would have preferred to watch him answering questions as they are asked, with both men in picture. otherwise it seems scripted and rehearsed.

a thought. if the fed is a private firm, what motivation would it have in seeing all those banks nearly failing? ...and not stepping in and regulating the banks before there was a problem? I dont get it.
    Last edited by Brutus; June 25th, 2009 at 07:06 AM.

I could not find a single tell, but I had to vote no because at his level of involvement with big government and big business and big banking, he has two chances of telling the truth, and we all know what they are---slim and none. He sounded sincere, and he probably believes he is telling the truth after a fashion, but you don't get the big bucks for telling the truth.

I wonder why they think that everyone should agree that anything is better than a depression? Maybe depression is just what the doctor ordered. What assurance do we have that when we have bought our way out of this one (with our great, grand children's money) that companies like AIG will not continue to play their dishonest game as usual? That's right, none! In fact, we can be sure that business will continue as usual. I think we have been conned into saving the @sses of some pretty big whales in the banking and insurance businesses and we have only deferred our pain to a day certain of future reckoning. They escaped by tricking us into biting the bullet for them. I'd rather suffer the temporary pains of depression with the knowledge that the fat cats who caused it got their just deserts, than to let them off the hook knowing that we, or even worse, our children, will have to suffer bigtime in the future for their wrongdoing. It's a rich man's world, and once again, the rich are getting richer, and the poor are getting poorer. This is the biggest con game in the history of the world and there is no way for us to bring the guilty to justice, because they own the system lock, stock, and barrel.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

“It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    I could not find a single tell, but I had to vote no because at his level of involvement with big government and big business and big banking, he has two chances of telling the truth, and we all know what they are---slim and none. He sounded sincere, and he probably believes he is telling the truth after a fashion, but you don't get the big bucks for telling the truth.
    I didnt see any facial tells, those were probably edited. when he was asked about the economy recovering, I realized that he answered with such ease, that the entire interview was probably horsefeathers.

the other way to look at this is...if you dont know who the sucker is at the poker table...well you know the rest.

Default 100% plus

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    I didnt see any facial tells, those were probably edited. when he was asked about the economy recovering, I realized that he answered with such ease, that the entire interview was probably horsefeathers.

the other way to look at this is...if you dont know who the sucker is at the poker table...well you know the rest.
    So far on Poll Brutus, Is he telling the truth has scored 5/5 for NO. You can't get much better than that, unless it's rigged... (and then 100% could soar?) While you are in the mood for gambling quotes, here are some evergreens, (among others): "I'm going to give 110% on every play. You can't give more than that." Jimmy Johnson

"Poker exemplifies the worst aspects of capitalism that have made our country so great." Walter Matthau

"Nobody is always a winner, and anybody who says he is, is either a liar or doesn't play poker." Amarillo Slim

"Poker... The art of civilized bushwhacking." Nick Dandalos

"Left hand, right hand, it doesn't matter. I'm amphibious." NCSU Charles Shackleford

Steve Allan asked golf pro, Sam Snead's wife: "Did Sammy ever have any superstitions when he played golf?" On live TV she answered: "Yes, before each game I kissed his balls."

"His nerves, his memory, and I can't remember the third thing." Lee Trevino on the three things that go as a golfer ages.

"We were overwhelming underdogs." Yogi Berra

"I don't want yes-men around me. I want everyone to tell the truth. Even if it costs them their jobs." Sam Goldwyn "In two words: Impossible." SG

"It's hard to detect good luck... it looks so much like something you have earned." Frank A Clark
    Dogma schmogma

Quote Originally Posted by Katweezel View Post
    So far on Poll Brutus, Is he telling the truth has scored 5/5 for NO.
    Brother Aslan hasn't voted yet. zg
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

Quote Originally Posted by Katweezel View Post
    Steve Allan asked golf pro, Sam Snead's wife: "Did Sammy ever have any superstitions when he played golf?" On live TV she answered: "Yes, before each game I kissed his balls."
    Not so, it waas the Carson show and the guest was Arnie Palmer who said the "wife kisses my balls."
    To which Carson replied, "I'll bet that makes your putter stutter." Palmer walked of the show. zg
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........

snopes says youre both right.

http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/kissballs.asp

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    Brother Aslan hasn't voted yet. zg
    I have. I have.
    Hey, there's an echo in here in here.
    Last edited by aslan; June 27th, 2009 at 07:33 PM.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

“It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

I didn't bother watching the video. I simply voted opposite the way Aslan did. I realize he's eventually going to right about something( the stopped clock is right twice a day theoram), I just doubt it is now.
    Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out just how far one can go.

We cannot direct the wind, we can only adjust our sails.

Default Yes man

Quote Originally Posted by shadroch View Post
    I didn't bother watching the video. I simply voted opposite the way Aslan did. I realize he's eventually going to right about something( the stopped clock is right twice a day theoram), I just doubt it is now.
    Somebody voted yes.
    Dogma schmogma

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Snopes lies. zg

Default Liar liar, pants on fire

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    Snopes lies. zg
    Lies can be great for the economy.
    Dogma schmogma

+ Reply to Thread