Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

2 20.00%
  • no

8 80.00%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Who will be the next next Fed Chairman?

Default Party of God and Baby Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by shadroch View Post
    To paraphrase- I have no idea if these numbers are true, and am too lazy to try to verify, but it sounds cool so I'll pass it along. Are you, perchance, a member of the GOP ( Party of God) ?
    Nope. The most important Fringe Group I am connected with is the Give Ireland Back to the Irish League, Australia Branch.
    Aren't you Govt-connected? Surely you could verify these figures from your Administration computer in 5 minutes, as you probably know where to look. It would take me forever. Anyway, I believe my friend. Do you?
    Dogma schmogma

Quote Originally Posted by Katweezel View Post
    "What really pisses me off if this; we bailed-out the Bank of America, one of the TOP three banks in the U.S., and what did they do with those bail-out funds, bought a Bank in China! Our country is going down the tubes at the speed of light! Before Obama took office, the National debt was 11.4 Trillion dollars, now its almost 16 Trillion. Now do the math, in the summer of 2008 we had 138 million taxpayers, now we have 10.2 less than that because of unemployment going through the roof, that equates to 123,924,000 million taxpayers.

Okay, we divide the 16 Trillion by the number of taxpayers and we get ... $129,111.00 owed per taxpayer to the United States Government. I want to move the hell out of here! And now, Obama is pushing for nationalized Health Care which will cost an additional 1.5 Trillion. Look, there is NO stopping this guy, he is totally out of control!"

Yesterday an American friend sent me this email. I have no idea if his figures are correct and so I ask a former US Govt auditor to look them over. If Aslan's tick appears, the next question concerns the 1.5 Trillion Health Care cost. Is Bernake almost in control of this impending Next Big Spend?
    Gee.. Guys The Kat DOES have Good Sense!
    There Is No Second Place Winner ...even if your not brusque and merely informative.

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    Now someone else opined that Bernake is truthful?
    He's the Chair of the Fed, for crying out loud - who can possibly see him in a good light??? zg
    It appears that some in the Zen Zone haven't seen this video,
    so they may have no idea who/what Bernake is -
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

Default Horse sense

Quote Originally Posted by daddybo View Post
    Gee.. Guys The Kat DOES have Good Sense!
    Sometimes, DBo... like most all of us, I guess. Here's a couple of apt quotes:
    "It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." Ralph Waldo Emerson

"He was so learned that he could name a horse in nine languages; so ignorant that he bought a cow to ride on." Benjamin Franklin
    Dogma schmogma

Sometimes, DBo... like most all of us, I guess. Here's a couple of apt quotes:
    "It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." Ralph Waldo Emerson

"He was so learned that he could name a horse in nine languages; so ignorant that he bought a cow to ride on." Benjamin Franklin
    LOL ... good quotes Kat.
    There Is No Second Place Winner ...even if your not brusque and merely informative.

Now someone else opined that Bernake is truthful?
    He's the Chair of the Fed, for crying out loud - who can possibly see him in a good light??? zg
    Would anyone stoop so low as to manipulate Shadroch's vote? Would I lie about having previously voted? Why would I do that? Are a few laughs worth such a betrayal? Well, yes, IMHO that would more than justify it.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

“It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

Bernanke is a Total Failure Unsuited for Role as Fed Chairman

Politics / Central Banks
    Jun 29, 2009 - 04:15 AM
    By: Mike Shedlock

Inquiring minds are reading Bernanke Flubs Tryout, Still Up for Leading Role by Caroline Baum.

Most often I agree with Caroline, but not this time.

After trashing (and rightfully so) Bernanke's last appearance before Congress, Caroline somehow arrives at the following conclusion.

It would be hard to find someone more suited for the job of Fed chairman than Bernanke. His performance yesterday has nothing to do with his unique qualifications for the position. ... Unless President Barack Obama wants a solo pilot, he would do well to tap Bernanke for a second term.

Let's take a look at the qualifications of which Baum speaks.

Ten Qualifications

1) Bernanke is either a liar or has a memory problem. I believe the former. Either way, there is a problem when a Fed chairman cannot recall a conversation with another Fed governor over something as critical as the Bank of America/Merrill Lynch merger. See Bernanke Suffers From Selective Memory Loss; Paulson Calls Bank of America "Turd in the Punchbowl" for my take.

2) Bernanke claims to be a student of the great depression yet amazingly concludes the cause was misguided Fed policy after the stock market crash. This is nonsense. The cause of the great depression and the cause of the current depression (yes we are in a depression), is the massive expansion of credit and debt fostered by the Fed itself. Bernanke is no student of history, he is a dunce.

MORE- http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article11663.html
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........

Politics / Central Banks

Inquiring minds are reading Bernanke Flubs Tryout, Still Up for Leading Role by Caroline Baum.

After trashing (and rightfully so) Bernanke's last appearance before Congress, Caroline somehow arrives at the following conclusion.

It would be hard to find someone more suited for the job of Fed chairman than Bernanke. His performance yesterday has nothing to do with his unique qualifications for the position. ... Unless President Barack Obama wants a solo pilot, he would do well to tap Bernanke for a second term.

Ten Qualifications

1) Bernanke is either a liar or has a memory problem. I believe the former. Either way, there is a problem when a Fed chairman cannot recall a conversation with another Fed governor over something as critical as the Bank of America/Merrill Lynch merger. See Bernanke Suffers From Selective Memory Loss; Paulson Calls Bank of America "Turd in the Punchbowl" for my take.

2) Bernanke claims to be a student of the great depression yet amazingly concludes the cause was misguided Fed policy after the stock market crash. This is nonsense. The cause of the great depression and the cause of the current depression (yes we are in a depression), is the massive expansion of credit and debt fostered by the Fed itself. Bernanke is no student of history, he is a dunce.

interesting read.

Politics / Central Banks

Ten Qualifications

He is no dunce, but he does know on which side his bread is buttered. I think Pinocchio would be more appropo--it gets to the essence of the man--puppet and liar. Did I say that?
    Last edited by aslan; July 5th, 2009 at 07:40 PM.
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    puppet and liar. Did I that?
    Good, now who is pulling the puppet's strings? zg

Ps - Ron Paul Rips Bernanke apart and makes hin SQUIRM -
    VIDEO(6min)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAVaOe2zV3w

Default Easy one

That's an easy one!...
    Illuminati!

Very, very, very, rich men. If I knew who for sure, I think I might be dead.
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Default Fire in his pants

Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    Very, very, very, rich men. If I knew who for sure, I think I might be dead.
    The Poll Brutus attracted a massive 9 votes and scored 2 - 7 overwhelmingly in favor of Liar! Liar! Your pants on fire! We need not be reminded that at least one of those 2 votes was cast for reasons other than the poll. That would make the count even more damning... The Pollmaker no doubt will forward these embarrassing conclusions to Liar Liar Pants On Fire.
    Dogma schmogma

The Poll Brutus attracted a massive 9 votes and scored 2 - 7 overwhelmingly in favor of Liar! Liar! Your pants on fire! We need not be reminded that at least one of those 2 votes was cast for reasons other than the poll. That would make the count even more damning... The Pollmaker no doubt will forward these embarrassing conclusions to Liar Liar Pants On Fire.
    Actually, we don't know that one of the votes was cast for reasons other than the poll. I accept what was said, but I also imagine that some persons are so embarrassed by their own irrational biases in the face of all evidence to the contrary that they might seek cover for their vote.
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Wink

Why... Golman Sachs... of course!
    Last edited by N&B; July 16th, 2009 at 01:16 AM.
    To err is human, to air is Jordan, to arrr is pirate.
    Theres plenty of face cards to make 20, but it takes an Ace to make Blackjack.

Nickel & Dime them into Bankruptcy.

+ Reply to Thread