+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Amazing Health Benefits of Himalayan Pink Salt

Default The Amazing Health Benefits of Himalayan Pink Salt

The Amazing Health Benefits of Himalayan Pink Salt

Have you heard about the amazing Himalayan crystal salt that comes directly from the Himalayan Mountains? It is packed with some pretty amazing benefits and is an amazing new staple to add to your pantry. It is an absolutely wonderful alternative to table salt, and soon I’ll explain why.

The History

First of all, what makes Himalayan crystal salt so amazing? About 200 million years ago, there were crystallized sea salt beds that were covered with lava. Being kept in this untouched, pristine environment that has been surrounded with snow and ice for so many years means that the salt has been protected from modern day pollution. Many people believe that this pink salt from the Himalayas is the purest salt that can be found on the planet.

Minerals & Energy

Himalayan Salt contains the same 84 trace minerals and elements that are found in the human body, that alone is quite impressive! A few of these minerals include: sodium chloride, sulphate, calcium, potassium and magnesium. When using this salt, you are actually getting less sodium intake per serving than regular table salt because it is less refined and the pieces are larger. Therefore Himalayan salt has less sodium per serving because the crystals or flakes take up less room than the highly processed table salt variety. Another cool thing about this salt is that because of its cellular structure it stores vibrational energy. The minerals in this salt exist in colloidal form, which means that they are small enough for our cells to easily absorb.

What Exactly Are The Benefits?

Some of the benefits that you can expect by consuming this salt in place of regular table salt include:
    Aiding in vascular health
    Supporting healthy lungs and respiratory function
    Promoting a stable pH balance within the cells
    Reducing the signs of aging
    Promoting healthy sleep patterns
    Increasing libido
    Prevents muscle cramps
    Increases hydration
    Strengthen bones
    Lowers blood pressure
    Improves circulation
    Detoxifying the body of heavy metals

Comparing Salts -

Sea Salt

While still a better choice than table salt, sea salt is becoming increasingly over processed; and, let’s face it, our oceans are becoming more and more polluted each year, just think about the massive oils spills that have occurred. Because of the pristine conditions that the pink salt is kept in, it is said to be the purest salt available today.

Table Salt

Regular, commercial table salt is completely stripped of the majority of its minerals with the exception of sodium and chloride. It is then bleached, cleaned with chemicals and then heated at extremely high temperatures. The iodine that is added to table salt is almost always synthetic which is difficult for our bodies to properly take in. It is treated with anti-caking agents, which prevents the salt from dissolving in water and in the salt container. These agents then prevent the salt from absorbing in our own bodies, which leads to a build up and deposit within the organs. This can cause severe health problems. Studies have shown that for each gram of table salt that is consumed that the body cannot process, your body will use 20 TIMES the amount of cellular water to neutralize the amount of sodium chloride that is present in this chemically treated salt.

This is large in part of how salt has gotten such a bad name. It is not necessarily salt that is unhealthy for us, it is refined table salt that is inferior for our health. Aside from that, many of us are consuming way too much processed food. These foods contain astronomical amounts of salt, and it isn’t the good kind. It’s not about limiting our amount of salt; it’s about consuming more natural, homemade whole foods. This way we can add salt while cooking or sprinkle some on our meals without having to worry about high blood pressure and so on.

You should be able to find this amazing Himalayan Crystal Salt at your local health food store, or easily online!

Sources:
    http://fitlife.tv/10-amazing-benefit...imalayan-salt/
    http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/n...salt-benefits/
    http://www.himalayanlivingsalt.com/salt_facts.htm
    http://authoritynutrition.com/how-much-sodium-per-day/

- See more at: http://www.naturalblaze.com/2014/02/....iJ8jKwsi.dpuf

Default Sounds good, but be advised...

US study: Dietary supplements risk – excessive minerals intake

A study published this week in The Archives of Internal Medicine has found that high levels of mineral intake in dietary supplements may not be a good thing.

Researchers from the University of Eastern Finland and the University of Minnesota, in the US, assessed the use of vitamin and mineral supplements 38,772 women in the longitudinal Iowa Women’s Health Study. The women had an average age of 62. Supplement use was self-reported in 1986, 1997, and 2004.

The researchers found that those women who took dietary supplements tended already to have higher mineral intakes from their regular food sources in their diet, compared with those who did not take dietary supplements. The researchers said that because of this, such mineral-fortified supplements could easily contribute to excessive intake of calcium, iron, zinc, and magnesium. This could result in serious health problems, and even premature deaths....

--- Read more ---
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

“It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

Default What Kind of Salt?

At our house, we have several different types of natural salt (black lava, Celtic sea salt, etc.) but our favorite BY FAR is Himalayan Salt.

This type of salt is found deep in the Himalayan mountains and contains all 84 trace minerals needed by the body.

Unlike chemical salt, it is naturally pink or red and has a much milder flavor.

In my opinion, this is the highest quality salt available, as it is from the mineral rich Himalayan mountains and is not affected by the chemicals and toxins that are increasing in quantity even in natural sea salt.

I add this type of salt to almost all of our foods, and even take it plain in water at times.

Other real salts like Celtic Sea Salt and Black Lava Salt (contains activated charcoal) are also beneficial.

http://wellnessmama.com/3745/is-salt-healthy/ --- full article ---
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Default A Guidemap for Finding Real Salt

Name:  salt-head-pic1.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  95.8 KB

We cook with salt every day and if you’re not cooking with it, then someone else is adding salt in your food for you. Maybe the wrong kind.

Most of the discussions surrounding salt are negative. We often hear about lowering our intake levels, but then aren’t we missing the deeper question: “what salt should we be eating?” In fact, there are quite a few professionals who argue for the health benefits of the right kind of salt.

In attempting to eat a real food diet, it makes sense to find the healthiest form of this everyday ingredient.

So what is a healthy salt?

All salt comes from either the sea or underground mines. All salts are predominantly made up of sodium chloride, but their are vast differences between refined and unrefined salts.

Basically what separates refined salt from unrefined salt is what is added and what is taken away.
    Finding The Best Salt

When you look for salt in the grocery store you will find an overwhelming number of options. The following is a guide map.
    Iodized Table Salt

This is the most common form of salt consumed today. It is granular, stark white, and lives in most salt shakers across the country. Table salt contains iodine and additives like sodium silicoaluminate or magnesium carbonate to improve pour-ability. These additives are not required to be listed as ingredients on the label.

It is like the white bread of salts – chemically stripped of all things valuable and then “enhanced” by synthetic vitamins and minerals. It’s just not a whole food.
    Kosher Salt

Kosher salt is not “kosher” itself, but is used to make meats kosher and is commonly called “koshering” salt. It is a larger crystal than the granular table salt and does not contain as many additives as table salt.

It does, however, contain sodium ferrocyanide which…

“is not especially toxic because the cyanides are tightly bound to the metal, although it can react with acid or photodecompose to release hydrogen cyanide gas.”

A little scary, and again not a whole food.

Sea Salt – Refined & Unrefined
    Name:  salt-celtic.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  19.6 KB

Most sea salts sold in supermarkets are white, large-grained, and still somewhat refined. It is hard to tell the difference between a refined sea salt and an unrefined one without doing a little research first. But most of us aren’t going to Google from aisle four of the grocery store.

A few things to look for:

Color. While refined sea salts are white, almost all unrefined sea salts have a color to them. They are beige, pink, gray, red, or even black. The colors come from the mineral content the salt receives from where it has been harvested.
    Moisture. Some unrefined sea salts are packaged with some of their moisture still intact. This keeps all of the trace minerals – over 80 in some cases – intact.
    Mineral Content. Look at the packaging and see what the salt’s composition is. It should not be entirely sodium chloride. You want to find numerous trace minerals – the larger the quantity, the better.

The Takeaway

There are different brands of unrefined sea salt out there, all at different prices. I have seen Celtic Sea Salt come Dr. recommended, as well as a few other brands like Pink Himalayan and Redmond’s Real Salt. Buying them from the grocery store in small quantities can be expensive, though. We buy in bulk when we find a sale. We think of our grocery budget as an investment, not just an expenditure.

The trace minerals found in unrefined salt work synergistically with the sodium chloride to form a nourishing, whole food. As with all foods, it is best found in it’s God-given state, unchanged by man.
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    US study: Dietary supplements risk – excessive minerals intake

A study published this week in The Archives of Internal Medicine has found that high levels of mineral intake in dietary supplements may not be a good thing.

Researchers from the University of Eastern Finland and the University of Minnesota, in the US, assessed the use of vitamin and mineral supplements 38,772 women in the longitudinal Iowa Women’s Health Study. The women had an average age of 62. Supplement use was self-reported in 1986, 1997, and 2004.

The researchers found that those women who took dietary supplements tended already to have higher mineral intakes from their regular food sources in their diet, compared with those who did not take dietary supplements. The researchers said that because of this, such mineral-fortified supplements could easily contribute to excessive intake of calcium, iron, zinc, and magnesium. This could result in serious health problems, and even premature deaths....

--- Read more ---
    Skewed study with selective cherry-picked data ... but the quality of the supplements are also an issue.
    I remember not too long ago when Mayo Clinic detirmed that vitC made cancer worse, caused tumors to grow bigger, etc.
    And more recently we're seeing "studies" that indicate that vitD may also be counter-productive to various types of cancer.
    Just shamefull.

Quote Originally Posted by DDutton View Post
    Skewed study with selective cherry-picked data ... but the quality of the supplements are also an issue.
    I remember not too long ago when Mayo Clinic detirmed that vitC made cancer worse, caused tumors to grow bigger, etc.
    And more recently we're seeing "studies" that indicate that vitD may also be counter-productive to various types of cancer.
    Just shamefull.
    Where can I get some Himalayan salt cheap?
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Thumbs up Where to Buy It?

Where can I get some Himalayan salt cheap?
    http://www.swansonvitamins.com/q?kw=himalayan If you let someone who is a customer of Swanson Health Products send you a referral, you and that customer will receive a discount.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodo View Post
    http://www.swansonvitamins.com/q?kw=himalayan If you let someone who is a customer of Swanson Health Products send you a referral, you and that customer will receive a discount.
    Before I order it, does it taste the same as regular salt?
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

No, it tastes pink.

Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    No, it tastes pink.
    Moderator! Another racist remark!
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Before I order it, does it taste the same as regular salt?
    Tastes better.
    Many stores, even up-scale Ralph's locations, as well as Whole Foods carry it. However it must say HIMALAYAN (not just "pink")
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    Tastes better.
    Many stores, even up-scale Ralph's locations, as well as Whole Foods carry it. However it must say HIMALAYAN (not just "pink")
    Do you really think it's worth the extra money? I was taking fish oil; then they said you can get too much of that Omega 3, so I stopped taking it. They say don't drink Vegas water because it has too much mineral content. Then they say don't drink bottled water because it doesn't have mineral content.
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Do you really think it's worth the extra money? I was taking fish oil; then they said you can get too much of that Omega 3, so I stopped taking it. They say don't drink Vegas water because it has too much mineral content. Then they say don't drink bottled water because it doesn't have mineral content.
    Yes - real natural himalayan is the nuts, all else is sodium chloride
    Water - I am in the true-distilled camp
    Omega3s - Mercola will always cut through the fat (pun-intended) >
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    Yes - real natural himalayan is the nuts, all else is sodium chloride
    Water - I am in the true-distilled camp
    Omega3s - Mercola will always cut through the fat (pun-intended) >
    I googled this:

Early Death Comes From Drinking Distilled Water

http://www.mercola.com/article/water...lled_water.htm
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

I googled this:

Early Death Comes From Drinking Distilled Water

http://www.mercola.com/article/water...lled_water.htm
    Good that you pointed that out, thank you: a little knowledge can be dangerous and I should be more careful.

Here are my caveats ...

1. I love the taste of pure steam-distilled water. For me, added minerals degrade the taste.
    2. I take a few daily ALKALIZING agents
    3. I take a health wallop of minerals, including high-absorption colloidal and trace.

Maybe my use of distilled is statistically unhealthy measured against the norm.
    Alkaline water generated from a pure mineral water source would be the ideal for most people.
    An alkaline-colloidal water would be penultimate.

+ Reply to Thread