+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Jacobson's Gambling Loss Rebate Theorem

Default Jacobson's Gambling Loss Rebate Theorem

Finally!! Eliot Jacobson has come up with ...

The Loss Rebate Theorem

I wrote out the following theorem that rephrases these results into terms that allow them to be applied to loss rebates:

My purpose in this theoretical effort is to be able to quickly determine the values of b and x that maximize the APs return for a given game G and loss rebate L. Towards that end, I first wrote a computer program to output the values obtained from the three formulas given in the Loss Rebate Theorem for any values of b and x. For any particular situation, I modified the program with some additional logic to have it solve the problem of maximizing the win for the AP, that is, finding the best possible b and x. My program then output the player’s loss-exit point, his win-exit point, his probability of winning, his expected playtime and his win amount. It took about an hour to write the program and a matter of milliseconds to complete each computation.

read more:
    http://apheat.net/2013/07/02/the-loss-rebate-theorem/
    Last edited by zengrifter; July 8th, 2013 at 06:25 PM.

Default Loss Rebate Theorem Excel SPREAD SHEET

Just what we've all been waiting for, from that "Elijay guy" as Mac endearingly refers to him!

--------------
    Loss Rebate Theorem EXCEL SPREAD SHEET

I created an Excel spread sheet that computes the optimal stopping point for a loss rebate advantage play opportunity using the Loss Rebate Theorem (LRT). You can download it free of charge (and at your own risk) by clicking here:

Based on the recent Revel loss rebate promotion, the default settings are for 9/6 Double Double Bonus video poker, with an 800 unit bankroll, a 100% loss rebate and a wager size of $125. The house edge is -1.019217% and the standard deviation is 6.479582.

Image of default set-up -

Continue reading at APHeat.com →

"The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

+ Reply to Thread