+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Fuzzy Beyond Counting

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,050

    Default Fuzzy Beyond Counting

    so counting, ie. 'Thorp's stuff' is pretty well documented, known. then JG came out with Beyond Counting, ExhibitCAA .
    i'm just wondering before Peter Griffin, Thorp, JG if there is advantage play history or documentation far as how folks succeeded in getting an advantage in gambling back in the old days, sorta thing.
    best regards,
    mr fr0g MMOA honorary predator
    STRENGTH - HONOR - HEART
    that's my take on it your mileage may vary.
    for senior citizen fuzzy count click link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrTiP4ZIUfI

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    3,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sagefr0g View Post
    so counting, ie. 'Thorp's stuff' is pretty well documented, known. then JG came out with Beyond Counting, ExhibitCAA .
    i'm just wondering before Peter Griffin, Thorp, JG if there is advantage play history or documentation far as how folks succeeded in getting an advantage in gambling back in the old days, sorta thing.
    Back in the old days most all AP stuff was variations of cheating, devices, sleight of hand, peeking, etc.
    I'll go so far as to say that in the old days AP = cheating.

    Last edited by DDutton; June 16th, 2013 at 03:54 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    3,188

    Default

    The more things change the more they stay the same --

    Introducing our newest 2009 breakthrough line of UV contact lenses. This is quite possibly the most sought after product in the poker world today, and it is offered exclusively by www.pokerdeceit.com. These lenses are extremely comfortable and safe to wear as they are made by Baush & Lomb http://www.bausch.com. These contact lenses, and only these contact lenses, have the ability to see our proprietary luminous formula that is 100% undetectable to the naked eye. While wearing these lenses, you will clearly be able to see our marked cards up to 20 feet away. In addition, we provide our special proprietary ink in order to mark your own cards either beforehand or while actually at a game if you prefer. The ink works on any color card and the contact lenses do not change the color of your eyes. Nobody at the table can ever see the markings on the cards, even if they are wearing their own luminous glasses. This is 100% undetectable.

    Designed for today's most scrupulous high stakes players, these lenses are guaranteed both safe and effective. Our commitment to quality is second to none and these lenses can produce unlimited earnings with immediate results. These lenses are being sold as a magic trick. We understand people have kept these pens in their pocket and have used their fingers to mark aces at a casino or at a live poker game. We do not condone this behavior. We expect our product to be used for entertainment purposes only.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,050

    Default

    right you are DDutton sir, i figured as much. cheating per se not really what i was interested in. my apologies for not making that clear.
    like i'll give it this much, an example could be using devices (for example a computer) to aid determining an advantage was if i'm not mistaken not illegal before it was written into law as illegal, lol, sorta thing. so historical approaches of that nature or even those of less a gray area are the ones i was wondering about, sorta thing.
    best regards,
    mr fr0g MMOA honorary predator
    STRENGTH - HONOR - HEART
    that's my take on it your mileage may vary.
    for senior citizen fuzzy count click link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrTiP4ZIUfI

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Third base
    Posts
    11,324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sagefr0g View Post
    right you are DDutton sir, i figured as much. cheating per se not really what i was interested in. my apologies for not making that clear.
    like i'll give it this much, an example could be using devices (for example a computer) to aid determining an advantage was if i'm not mistaken not illegal before it was written into law as illegal, lol, sorta thing. so historical approaches of that nature or even those of less a gray area are the ones i was wondering about, sorta thing.
    Excuse me Sage but what's wrong with cheating? I know cheats never prosper, bad karma, and all that, but let's face it; Gummints, The Fed, Wall Street and Big Banks have been cheating for years... and getting away with it.

    Now here below are some cheats that didn't get away with it. I wonder how many smarter cheats out there did get away with it... besides those already mentioned.

    http://www.cracked.com/article_19792...-all-time.html
    Dogma schmogma

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katweezel View Post
    Excuse me Sage but what's wrong with cheating?
    I know cheats never prosper, bad karma, and all that,
    i don't rightly know, just i was remiss in excluding such methodology from my inquiry, is all. historical methods of obtaining an advantage (pre Thorp) that wouldn't be considered illegal cheating is what i'm interested in.
    i know Thorp in his book wrote about the Greasy chicken eater at the bj tables, but card marking now would be considered illegal cheating, probably was back then as well i guess, just hard to prove on that guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katweezel View Post
    but let's face it; Gummints, The Fed, Wall Street and Big Banks have been cheating for years... and getting away with it.

    Now here below are some cheats that didn't get away with it. I wonder how many smarter cheats out there did get away with it... besides those already mentioned.

    http://www.cracked.com/article_19792...-all-time.html
    hmmm, i'll check that article in a bit.
    gummint, et al ehh, they have their ways, doubtless.
    casinos cheat with a caveat, no? they are quite open about it, more or less, ehh?
    but isn't that fact part of how it is we can beat them? we have that knowledge, so we can use that information to get around them and win, no?
    so perhaps the answer to what's wrong with cheating is that it gives up information, therefore it can be beaten, whilst other methods have no need to conceal information hence are stronger?
    best regards,
    mr fr0g MMOA honorary predator
    STRENGTH - HONOR - HEART
    that's my take on it your mileage may vary.
    for senior citizen fuzzy count click link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrTiP4ZIUfI

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Third base
    Posts
    11,324

    Default Professor Lousy Capper Busted

    Dogma schmogma

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,050

    Default

    this link posted a while back by zg has a bit of the sort of thing i was getting at.
    http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/showthread.php?t=1117
    interesting Marcum studied all the casino games.
    Last edited by zengrifter; June 20th, 2013 at 02:28 PM.
    best regards,
    mr fr0g MMOA honorary predator
    STRENGTH - HONOR - HEART
    that's my take on it your mileage may vary.
    for senior citizen fuzzy count click link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrTiP4ZIUfI

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Third base
    Posts
    11,324

    Default

    Nice, Sage. I enjoyed reading Arnold's fine writing on Jess, for the third time...
    Dogma schmogma

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katweezel View Post
    Nice, Sage. I enjoyed reading Arnold's fine writing on Jess, for the third time...
    third time? same here give or take, lol. thing is i blew off a good bit of the article back when i first read it.
    funny how stuff, maybe important, valuable stuff can be right before your very eyes and one just doesn't see it. i see that phenomenon in the casino often. i'll be watching a play develop, see myriads of hapless folks wander by it, sniffle snuffling around only to pass it by never realizing the value.
    best regards,
    mr fr0g MMOA honorary predator
    STRENGTH - HONOR - HEART
    that's my take on it your mileage may vary.
    for senior citizen fuzzy count click link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrTiP4ZIUfI

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sagefr0g View Post
    this link posted a while back by zg has a bit of the sort of thing i was getting at.
    http://www.blackjackinfo.com/bb/show...82&postcount=1
    interesting Marcum studied all the casino games.
    And died lonely in a cheap hotel room.

    he was the "little dark-haired guy" legend that was referred to by Thorp BTD.
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Third base
    Posts
    11,324

    Default

    So Jess helped the casino kill the whale... Oh Jess; WHY? Why did you do it? Did you need the dough? Was that it?
    Dogma schmogma

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katweezel View Post
    So Jess helped the casino kill the whale... Oh Jess; WHY? Why did you do it? Did you need the dough? Was that it?
    Most top AP's have played for both sides during their carreer.
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

  14. #14

    Default What is the SageFr0g Fuzzy Count?

    Our esteemed member SageFr0g advocates an abbreviated count he has dubbed "Fuzzy," presumeably after "fuzzy-logic."
    Brother Sage, would you be so kind as to give us a rundown-summary of the Fuzzy Count?
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    3,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    Our esteemed member SageFr0g advocates an abbreviated count he has dubbed "Fuzzy," presumeably after "fuzzy-logic."
    Brother Sage, would you be so kind as to give us a rundown-summary of the Fuzzy Count?
    I second that motion.
    Sage, please run it down, a summary perhaps?

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Counting and Insurance
    By Automatic Monkey in forum Modern Blackjack
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: September 8th, 2017, 07:44 PM
  2. CSM Counting?
    By THEBARKINGSTORK in forum Modern Blackjack
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: August 24th, 2016, 07:20 PM
  3. Seriously Moo, a Counting Boot Camp?
    By Machinist in forum Gambling AP Community Miscellanea
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: April 17th, 2016, 01:52 AM
  4. How to Practice Counting
    By MJOK in forum Modern Blackjack
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: January 6th, 2016, 01:03 PM
  5. Sniffing Rosemary for Better Card Counting
    By zengrifter in forum Psi -powered Living & Gambling
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: August 7th, 2014, 10:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts