+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 32 FirstFirst ... 172223242526272829303132 LastLast
Results 391 to 405 of 476

Thread: Blackjack THE Forum Bans ZG THE Grifter

  1. #391
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    533

    Default

    Norm and the Norm Clones of the world, was the voice on the intercom telling the people in the Twin Towers to sit tight, don't panic, don't think for yourself, don't help yourself, help is on it's way. How many people sat patiently waiting for help that never arrived?
    Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.........uuughhhh.

    Mac
    So look buddy it's nothing personal, but either your the unluckiest person in the world or your stealing from me. Either way............ I WANT NO PART OF YOU!!!!!! NEVER!!!!

  2. #392
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    posting from Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Automatic Monkey View Post
    Ridiculous. AP's have always been aware of the dirtiness of cheques and casinos and the way even common things like the flu can be spread by touching things that have been contaminated. Even once when I was being escorted out I asked to stop at the bathroom so I could wash, because someone was coughing at the table.

    It's unfortunate, despite Norm's great intellect he does not seem to realize that he is among people with equal intellect, and we do not say the things we say without a valid reason.
    Board management is a thankless job. I believe that board managers set standards according to what they think is right. It's academic whether they are in fact right. What do they say?-- opinions are like ***holes-- everyone has one! If they're too far off the common track, they'll lose business.
    A strict approach might not allow free expression that I find valuable , but a more permissive approach might allow free expression that I find offensive . Also, decisions must be made as to content: a board might not allow content I feel important , or it might allow content I feel inappropriate . I don't expect a board to reflect my likes and dislikes one hundred percent . If it becomes more than I can, or am willing to, bear, I quit. Banning is just the reverse side of quitting, that is, I wouldn't want to be a member of a board that banned me for saying _________ (fill in the blank) . In the final analysis, I'm not sure I would want to belong to a board that would have me for a member anyway .
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

    “It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

  3. #393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Machinist View Post
    Norm and the Norm Clones of the world, was the voice on the intercom telling the people in the Twin Towers to sit tight, don't panic, don't think for yourself, don't help yourself, help is on it's way. ...
    ... as well as: "It's okay to breathe the air! Get outside again, don't be afraid!"
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

  4. #394
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    posting from Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    ... as well as: "It's okay to breathe the air! Get outside again, don't be afraid!
    But...... who was it who said, "There were no airplanes!" Brrrrrhahahahaha! And who was it who said, "A missile hit the Pentagon!" ??? If you ask me, it's six of one and a half dozen of the other.
    ...............

    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

    “It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

  5. #395
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    In the YO
    Posts
    15,587

    Default

    Relevant, on leaders...


  6. #396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Machinist View Post
    Ooooooooooo boy!
    And Holy Toledo!
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

  7. #397
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    Board management is a thankless job. I believe that board managers set standards according to what they think is right. It's academic whether they are in fact right. What do they say?-- opinions are like ***holes-- everyone has one! If they're too far off the common track, they'll lose business.
    Business? Yes you could say that. In the past 10 years or so we've had two boards run by public people who were not undercover AP's in the sense that we are. Both were popular boards and their managers were respected by many. Both got really weird with control-freakdom on their boards before shutting them down and announcing they were now working for the casinos. One of them for some inexplicable reason destroys games and sidebets for free by posting AP analysis of them on a website. And just one more reason why I won't be going to THE forum.

  8. #398
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,502

    Default Correction

    While I was on moderated status on Norms site, Norm has said that the page I was posting on is always moderated, so I will take his word on that and admit that I was mistaken.

    As to Norms demand that I remove my entire original post, that will not happen, with the exception of my personal belief that he may have busted my post for the reason I had then stated, which I truly believed was a real possibility,,, but this has seemed to upset him greatly, so being the gentlemen I am trying to be and concerned about Norms well being I have deleted that sentence,,, but, on second thought,,,, the first thing that crossed my mind was that he was worried that my Ebola post was a possible threat to his software sales, and first he moved to downplay the threat, and then bust it entirely when I made strong points. That was my first and disturbing impression. Wish it were not so. I am sorry if the truth of my thoughts hurts, as I know Norm is extremely sensitive, still......

    I would hope in the future that Norm would think about the feelings of others concerning his actions as he does concerning his own feelings being hurt by others, it is a two way street, after all.

    CP-Ouchez
    Last edited by creeping panther; October 21st, 2014 at 11:10 PM.
    "Midwest Masters Of Advantage", "Strength and Honor."

  9. #399
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    In the YO
    Posts
    15,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by creeping panther View Post
    While I was on moderated status on Norms site, Norm has said that the page I was posting on is always moderated, so I will take his word on that and admit that I was mistaken.

    As to Norms demand that I remove my entire original post, that will not happen, with the exception of my personal belief that he may have busted my post for the reason I had then stated, which I truly believed was a real possibility,,, but this has seemed to upset him greatly, so being the gentlemen I am trying to be and concerned about Norms well being I have deleted that sentence.

    I would hope in the future that Norm would think about the feelings of others concerning his actions as he does concerning his own feelings being hurt by others, it is a two way street, after all.

    CP-Ouchez
    CP, you always have something interesting to say, whatever board you are on. Over the years, we have seen that owning, moderating and managing a casino-game forum has proved too much for one man. The day-to-day stresses seem to accumulate and that can cause imbalance and emotional storms or something, of the type that get periodically displayed. We all seem to be vulnerable to these kind of things. None of us is perfect. [Except me says everyone.]

    I see in your post above, you are being very politic, very gentlemanly and expressing very conservatively between the lines. That is why the Zen Zone can be like a breath of fresh air... because here you can say exactly what you feel and over-sensitive egos will not react here like brat children (I hope!). Why, here you can even say FUCK YOU! and not even the mod Grifter gets upset.

    PS Is Tthree still suck #1 over there? And fuck him too!
    Last edited by Katz; October 21st, 2014 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Death to control freaks and drama queens

  10. #400
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    posting from Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Automatic Monkey View Post
    Business? Yes you could say that. In the past 10 years or so we've had two boards run by public people who were not undercover AP's in the sense that we are. Both were popular boards and their managers were respected by many. Both got really weird with control-freakdom on their boards before shutting them down and announcing they were now working for the casinos. One of them for some inexplicable reason destroys games and sidebets for free by posting AP analysis of them on a website. And just one more reason why I won't be going to THE forum.
    You know that MGM is opening in Wash DC soon. BJ Bob said I should go to work for them, but I cannot for the life of me see myself actually punishing APs, a role [AP] I thoroughly enjoyed for several years. I guess I could look the other way, but that can get dicey, plus I like to stay straightforward in everything I do. OTOH, I have given some thought to becoming an IRS agent to administer Obamacare, in which case I don't think I would feel much compunction being a leak to the conservative media, nor looking the other way in cases that looked like a clear miscarriage of justice. But that's all in the dream stage; I don't know what I would do if I actually did go back to work in that capacity.

    The case of destroying games and sidebets after having obtained the knowledge to do so under the tacit agreement of helping the AP community, not outing it, seems to me to be a betrayal of trust. How much could only have been learned by being a forum operator, and how much any Joe could learn by visiting the forum or searching its archives, is something I don't know the answer to, but it seems like the first priority in switching sides must be the profitability of it, with loyalty to the AP community a useless second. I am sorry to hear about this. I really don't get around that much in AP circles.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

    “It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

  11. #401
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    posting from Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    And Holy Toledo!
    Holy Toledo! My father used to go there immediately after cracking a safe in Cleveland.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

    “It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

  12. #402
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    CP, you always have something interesting to say, whatever board you are on. Over the years, we have seen that owning, moderating and managing a casino-game forum has proved too much for one man. The day-to-day stresses seem to accumulate and that can cause imbalance and emotional storms or something, of the type that get periodically displayed. We all seem to be vulnerable to these kind of things. None of us is perfect. [Except me says everyone.]

    I see in your post above, you are being very politic, very gentlemanly and expressing very conservatively between the lines. That is why the Zen Zone can be like a breath of fresh air... because here you can say exactly what you feel and over-sensitive egos will not react here like brat children (I hope!). Why, here you can even say FUCK YOU! and not even the mod Grifter gets upset.

    PS Is Tthree still suck #1 over there? And fuck him too!
    Thanks Katz,

    As to Shred, (TThree), you should read the post he just placed on the other site, total hatred for this site and ZG and he made a very aggressive and hateful attack on me, makes good reading, and very poetic, and very pathetic. Of course he states he only came to this site a very few times 3 years ago, hated what he saw and left,,,that is not what I recall! LOL!! He did in another post thereafter seem to make amends with me after his attack, but not with this site. Strange goings on. Some just have to let it go.

    Best,

    CP
    "Midwest Masters Of Advantage", "Strength and Honor."

  13. #403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by creeping panther View Post
    As to Shred, (TThree), you should read the post he just placed on the other site, total hatred for this site and ZG and he made a very aggressive and hateful attack on me, makes good reading, and very poetic, and very pathetic. Of course he states he only came to this site a very few times 3 years ago, hated what he saw and left,,,that is not what I recall! LOL!! He did in another post thereafter seem to make amends with me after his attack, but not with this site. Strange goings on. Some just have to let it go.
    Shred = Tthree = Lady Tthree, one of Zzone's most prolific posters ...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by DDutton; October 22nd, 2014 at 01:23 AM. Reason: typo - shRed
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

  14. #404
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    You know that MGM is opening in Wash DC soon. BJ Bob said I should go to work for them, but I cannot for the life of me see myself actually punishing APs, a role [AP] I thoroughly enjoyed for several years. I guess I could look the other way, but that can get dicey, plus I like to stay straightforward in everything I do. OTOH, I have given some thought to becoming an IRS agent to administer Obamacare, in which case I don't think I would feel much compunction being a leak to the conservative media, nor looking the other way in cases that looked like a clear miscarriage of justice. But that's all in the dream stage; I don't know what I would do if I actually did go back to work in that capacity.

    The case of destroying games and sidebets after having obtained the knowledge to do so under the tacit agreement of helping the AP community, not outing it, seems to me to be a betrayal of trust. How much could only have been learned by being a forum operator, and how much any Joe could learn by visiting the forum or searching its archives, is something I don't know the answer to, but it seems like the first priority in switching sides must be the profitability of it, with loyalty to the AP community a useless second. I am sorry to hear about this. I really don't get around that much in AP circles.
    There are two sides to that argument, one is obvious that it alerts the casino to the fact that the game can be beaten and precisely how. The other is obvious that it alerts players to the fact that the game can be beaten, and precisely how.

    But I think the balance falls heavily toward the side that it shouldn't be done, because the players who research and attack sidebets and novelty games already know all those numbers (and more), and just as importantly, the rookies who aren't yet up to doing their own research should not be dabbling in those high-variance pursuits. So it might be doing more harm than good even for the players who use the information. A pretty cool thing happens; certain games are not taught but when you learn them on your own, you suddenly meet a bunch of guys who did the same thing for the same reason, and then you can compare notes. It relates to one of my theories about extraterrestrial intelligence- we should be looking not at planets but around black holes and other interesting objects, because all the other intelligent civilizations in the universe will also find them interesting and will be there researching them too.

    Yeah we're all going to have to get together some day, at the MGM or the Horseshoe. Don't go to the dark side!

  15. #405
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post

    PS Is Tthree still suck #1 over there? And fuck him too!
    How dare you disrespecting the BJ authority!

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Grifter Gambit used in Team Play
    By zengrifter in forum Modern Blackjack
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: December 24th, 2014, 04:47 PM
  2. Wattenberger Bans Ouchez THE Creeping Panther
    By creeping panther in forum Gambling AP Community Miscellanea
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: November 30th, 2014, 08:29 PM
  3. Grifter's Ganesh Cut in Half
    By Katz in forum Anything Else But
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 17th, 2014, 06:49 PM
  4. Florida bans computers ...
    By DDutton in forum Gambling AP Community Miscellanea
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: July 15th, 2013, 10:09 AM
  5. EU Bans Naked Body Scanners
    By Katweezel in forum Real Politika
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: November 22nd, 2011, 12:51 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts