Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast

Thread: Blackjack THE Forum Bans ZG THE Grifter

I wrote a cute piece at the LV tribune in 2005 that seems relevant --
    -----------------
    My Point of View

'Political Paranoia' = Mental Disorder?

Marcus K. Dalton - Managing Editor
    Las Vegas Tribune |January 7, 2005

(Editor's note: At press time Mr. Larraz had taken ill and Tribune's Managing Editor fills in for him here. Readers are advised that Mr. Dalton is not to be taken seriously because he is just paranoid.)

According to recent reports circulating on the Internet, when the 109th Congress convenes in Washington in January, Senator Bill Frist, the first practicing physician elected to the Senate since 1928, plans to file a bill that would define 'political paranoia' as a form of mental disorder.

Even without such a bill the attitudes and labels being thrown around by the establishment media and shock-jock conservative talk show hosts have created an Orwellian double standard whereby we should support the government because they are spreading 'freedom' while taking our freedom away.

According to a recent diatribe on PrisonPlanet.com: "...Characterizing political dissent as a form of mental illness is the hallmark of authoritarian government. In China, for instance, forensic psychiatrists label dissent "political lunacy" and in Soviet Russia political dissenters were routinely cosigned to mental hospitals. Nowadays, with modern pharmacology, mental hospitals are no longer required thanks to chemical intervention."

Medical activist Dr. Alan Cantwell writes:

"...What is obvious is that the major media quickly accepts the politically-correct version of an "official story" of an event, as provided by official government sources, and then dumped all politically-incorrect versions of the story into the conspiracy theory trash bin. Waging war on "evil doers" everywhere is deemed politically correct; but believing in conspiracy theories is unpatriotic and borders on treason. The media demands documentation as proof of conspiracies, while incriminating documents are shredded by the government, or by a team of well-paid lawyers, accountants and executives, as in the case of the Enron scandal."

"...Any researcher who has dug hard to find "the truth" knows that it is rarely found in the media. After all, the specialty of the major media is to provide new stories, not to solve the ills of society, nor to bore people with "old news." Reporters pride themselves in unbiased reporting by not taking sides or injecting personal opinion in their stories. Few news writers have the courage or ability to investigate potentially-explosive conspiracy theories that might embarrass the government, or their advertisers or editors - or even their readers. "

Despite these shortcomings, the media seems to take pride in dismissing people who believe in conspiracy theories as "paranoid."

According to Webster's Dictionary, paranoia is a serious psychiatric diagnosis: a psychosis characterized by systematized delusions or persecution or grandeur usually without hallucinations. Paranoia can also be defined as a tendency on the part of an individual or group toward excessive and irrational suspiciousness and distrustfulness of others. People who exhibit such psychiatric traits are paranoid.

Labeling people as diseased is an effective way of discrediting and silencing them. It is time to speak out against falsely labeling people as paranoid.

Paranoid and paranoia are acceptable terms when used in a medical setting. But they have no place in slandering and denigrating people who express alternative views in a democratic society.

And, of all people, Senator and Dr. Frist should know that.

But then again... perhaps it's not the recent stolen election or the war crimes committed in America's name. It's not that Bush is a liar and a criminal. It's not the neocons in the White House and the Pentagon, plotting multiple wars in the Middle East and elsewhere. It's not Congress, sold out to neolibs, multinational corporations, and Wall Street loan sharks...

It's me! I'm suffering from "political paranoia" and need lithium, or any number of antidepressants and serotonin re-uptake inhibitors. It is a chemical imbalance in my brain. I suffer from any number of possible mental maladies, anxieties, disorders, and brain dysfunctions. I suffer from mental illness and need help.

Hopefully Congress will come to my rescue soon.

XXXXX

"The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

Hey! Take that shit to the Zen Zone...Oh wait this is the Zen Zone...Damn OK stop the anti-government insanity now! What is the matter with you. Conform, surrender, you have to be asSIMilated...geez

Quote Originally Posted by mathman View Post
    Hey! Take that shit to the Zen Zone...Oh wait this is the Zen Zone...Damn OK stop the anti-government insanity now! What is the matter with you. Conform, surrender, you have to be asSIMilated...geez
    Crazy ZG, he's just paranoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Machinist View Post
    Hey , I love Cardcounting salamanders! Some of my best friends are black!
    Like this guy?

“Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........

Quote Originally Posted by mathman View Post
    Hey! Take that shit to the Zen Zone...Oh wait this is the Zen Zone...Damn OK stop the anti-gneeernment insanity now! What is the matter with you. Conform, surrender, you have to be asSIMilated...geez
    Right MM, Zen has taken too many hallucinogens over too long. (Timothy Leary's fault!) He even thinks he's god. Luckily, he still has a very few mates left, mainly here on the ZZ.

What's needed is maybe some massive doses of Prozac and copious readings of Norm's/QFIT posts (all 800+ of em) right here on the ZZ. That oughta do it.

I'm willing to chip in ten bucks to get the ball rolling. Sage might even enlist Aslan's help when he explains we are on a Mission From God. (There, done my good deed for the day. )
    Last edited by zengrifter; May 5th, 2013 at 06:46 PM. Reason: format quote
    Dogma schmogma

Quote Originally Posted by Katweezel View Post
    Right MM, Zen has taken too many hallucinogens over too long. (Timothy Leary's fault!) He even thinks he's god.
    We are all 'God.'* ...
    ... But for many of us, we won't have a clue what that means without a good acid trip.

*See Peter Russell's Science, Consciousness and God
    Moreover, say the sages, when the mind is completely still then we know our true identity.
    *We know that we are at our core that faculty of consciousness that illuminates all beings.
    *As the Chandogya Upanishad declared some three thousand years ago,

................."That which is the essence of all things, That art Thou."

Last edited by zengrifter; May 6th, 2013 at 02:12 AM. Reason: bold emphasis

lig
    best regards,
    mr fr0g MMOA honorary predator
    STRENGTH - HONOR - HEART
    that's my take on it your mileage may vary.
    for senior citizen fuzzy count click link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrTiP4ZIUfI

O.K. I went on a tilt...
    And yes, it's a pretty tight gulag over there with Norm. But it's still his puppy. I enjoy the content
    (or lack thereof sometimes, just read my posts LOL)....
    Machinist, you are worth the price of admission here, and I mean that in a good way.
    Kat, you CANNOT invoke Blues Brothers quotes without donning the crumpled, wrinkled black suit with sweaty white shirt.
    We will trust you wore this attire during that post....Aslan could be watching.
    And the San Juans may be where the "ghost grizzlies" still reside in Colorado....I can only hope
    Peace

Quote Originally Posted by creeping panther View Post
    That is where you go to find the "Great Spirit".

CP
    Creeping Panther,
    yes, I believe the great spirit dwells there. And yes, i'm an old Anglo whose descendants rendered your land from your descendants.
    Why then, do I perceive such exuberance, energy and inspiration in the presence of such an area.
    Hell I even bought a book of study on the geology of the San Juans ( it's a great big caldera).
    I digress.... a most magnificent and for me, spiritual place.

Default San Juans

Quote Originally Posted by metronome View Post
    Creeping Panther,
    yes, I believe the great spirit dwells there. And yes, i'm an old Anglo whose descendants rendered your land from your descendants.
    Why then, do I perceive such exuberance, energy and inspiration in the presence of such an area.
    Hell I even bought a book of study on the geology of the San Juans ( it's a great big caldera).
    I digress.... a most magnificent and for me, spiritual place.
    The power is there in those places to change one forever.

Best,
    CP
    "Midwest Masters Of Advantage", "Strength and Honor."

Perfection.....thank-you my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by sagefr0g View Post
    lig
    Hey froggo, he'll yes life is good! Especially when you have a room with a view! And a sort of free room at that! Have fun mr frog and mrs frog, you guys deserve it!

Mac
    So look buddy it's nothing personal, but either your the unluckiest person in the world or your stealing from me. Either way............ I WANT NO PART OF YOU!!!!!! NEVER!!!!

Yellowstone park does it for me! I like to get there in the late fall when the idiots have all left.
    Idiots being the buses, and clueless goobs from the huge cities that think they are really alive.
    Oh yeah the Chinese, japs, Koreans, etc etc, you know , them people with cameras.
    Take a motorcycle through there.......ahh baby, it's the nuts! Crisp cold mornings, hot coffee, fresh caught brook trout, gorgeous meadows, winding crystal clear streams.

Mac
    So look buddy it's nothing personal, but either your the unluckiest person in the world or your stealing from me. Either way............ I WANT NO PART OF YOU!!!!!! NEVER!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by creeping panther View Post
    The power is there in those places to change one forever.Best,CP
    You can feel the Great Spirit there, even in these pictures...
    Name:  yellowstone-national-park-10.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  43.6 KB
    Last edited by zengrifter; May 8th, 2013 at 12:18 PM.
    Dogma schmogma

Quote Originally Posted by Machinist View Post
    Yellowstone park does it for me!
    Red Rock Canyon is plenty for me. I have taken many a 'trip' thar.

+ Reply to Thread