+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 6 Things You Never Knew - US History

Default 6 Things You Never Knew - US History

Good to know.

It is a great evidence that the American government was hijacked by obscure forces hiding inside the USA.
    When you have eliminated all the impossible, whatever remains, however implausible, must be the logic truth...

I knew almost all of these points. During my early life we fought for equality and unity for all. Unfortunately the new regime that preachers tolerance for the intolerable has no tolerance for the traditional. They take intolerance to heights it never saw before.

Even on this site with its tolerance of whacked out views you have an attack of the religious beliefs of a candidate for president. Nobody cared we elected our first president of Muslim descent. Why are there still bigots that attack Mormons. Maybe they are political bigots that tolerate any behavior that has their letter after the name of the politician but rail against it when the wrong letter is after the politician's name. We had a thread recently that attacked Bush for his wars but apparently they are okay that his successor continues those wars only pulling out of Iraq on the day Bush negotiated and started entered at least 2 new wars and planning to start several more. Where did all the protesters go? Did the press just decide not to cover them once their guy was in or were the protesters fine with what the railed against once their guy was in? I guess none of them really cared about the wars. They just wanted an excuse to rail against the president until the letter after the name changed then the behavior was just fine. They prove themselves to be both political bigots and hypocrites.
    Last edited by Lady Tthree; August 29th, 2012 at 07:34 PM.

What a pity the separation of church and state has faded since Jefferson's day. Now, all politicians must be seen in church and reading bibles, otherwise they have no hope of election. Sad.

Name:  philo jefferson.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  29.1 KBName:  philo tj.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  32.2 KB
    Dogma schmogma

You ae misinformed. the separation of church and state merely prevented the government from making a national religion. Our leaders have always been men with religious beliefs. It was only until fairly recent history that the founding principles were turned on its head. The precedent the Supreme court used to was a letter by Jefferson called the Danbury Letter. In it Jefferson assured that if the church backed him the Church would be safe from intrusion of the government. The separation that he spoke of was a wall to keep government out of the churches not vise versa. Jefferson assured them that the road was a one way street so the all religions would always be welcomed by government. The Supreme court used this letter as a precedent by trimming it down in such a way that it meant the opposite of its clear intent. It was another of those conspiracies that allowed for the overreaching government we have today. In answer to their concerns that a government dictate would affect their legal practice of religion Jefferson responded:

"Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man and God. that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship,that the legislative powers of government reach actions only and not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature would "make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise," thus building a wall between church and state.

The letters exchanged were only addressing the reach of government into the church. The wall spoken of by Jefferson was clearly not intended to keep the Baptists out of government but to keep the legislature from making a national government or any law that infringed on the rights of the religious people or established a national religion. Jefferson would have never written a letter to address the concerns of government hurting the rights of the Baptists that told them they were not welcome in government or that their freedom to practice their religion ended when they entered government land or post. Yet the supreme court interpreted this letter as the main point that allowed the government to turn the freedom of religion on its head and making it freedom from religion. After that the government started increasingly infringing on the free practice of religion. The worst part is it is all based on the lie that Jefferson's letter to unify was a letter to bar people and their beliefs. If you read the exchange of letters between the Danbury Baptists and Jefferson nothing could be further from the truth. That was the first salvo in the Supreme Court destroying the constitution and taking away all our rights by decisions from the bench. It could have been the first of what is today called legislating from the bench. Or as is more accurately stated ruling that "is" really means "is not". If the SC says "is" means "is not" then it means is not. That was a dark day in our history that opened the door for the erosion of all our rights.

Very well put Shred. I see the FF were mostly deists. Did TJ go to church? I doubt it, considering some of the quotes he is attributed with concerning Christianity.
    Dogma schmogma

Quote Originally Posted by Katweezel View Post
    Very well put Shred. I see the FF were mostly deists. Did TJ go to church? I doubt it, considering some of the quotes he is attributed with concerning Christianity.
    I think Jefferson is like many today. He believed in God but had disdain for organized religion. He may have had a church he was comfortable with but more likely could read well enough to know that Christ eliminated the need for them as the go between standing between you and God. He may have met with like minded people but feared the corruption of the hierarchy. Some of his more extreme quotes may indicate he didn't believe at all. A closet Atheist as it were.

Name:  funny-pictures-history-sounds-legit.jpg
Views: 520
Size:  40.0 KB
    Dogma schmogma

I see IN GOD WE TRUST didn't appear on your money until 1957. Q1. Can we infer from that you didn't trust in god before 1957? Q2. With IN GOD WE TRUST printed on your money, does this mean you trust in god more (than if it wasn't printed on your money)? Q 3. Please define "God" so that we can be clear exactly what you are trusting in.

Name:  1969-S_doubled_die_penny_HA.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  60.9 KB
    Dogma schmogma

As usual your anti-God research is wrong and shows how gullible you are to believe anything that fits your bigoted agenda no matter how trivial. I do not understand why you conspiracy theory crowd never research anything. I have heard this lie repeated many times on this forum. The Lincoln penny was the first penny to have "In God We Trust" on it and was issued in 1909 on the centennial (pun by accident) anniversary of the Lincoln's birth. It appeared on other coins since 1864 when it was added to some coins perhaps to indicate God was on the side of the Union Army. If you know anything about US history you probably know that in the fourth stanza of "The Star Spangled Banner" (our National Anthem written during the War of 1812) states, "And this be our motto: In God we trust". It was not until 1957 that "In God We Trust" officially replaced "E Pluribus Unum" as our National Motto but "In God We Trust" has a rich history of prominence since the start of the nation. Of course Kat and his New Inquisition disinformation campaign would want you to be ignorant of the facts. All his sources count on you being ignorant of what they are talking about. Those that are educated see that the sources are full of what comes out of the south end of a north facing bull.

Quote Originally Posted by shred View Post
    As usual your anti-God research is wrong and shows how gullible you are to believe anything that fits your bigoted agenda no matter how trivial. I do not understand why you conspiracy theory crowd never research anything. I have heard this lie repeated many times on this forum. The Lincoln penny was the first penny to have "In God We Trust" on it and was issued in 1909 on the centennial (pun by accident) anniversary of the Lincoln's birth. It appeared on other coins since 1864 when it was added to some coins perhaps to indicate God was on the side of the Union Army. If you know anything about US history you probably know that in the fourth stanza of "The Star Spangled Banner" (our National Anthem written during the War of 1812) states, "And this be our motto: In God we trust". It was not until 1957 that "In God We Trust" officially replaced "E Pluribus Unum" as our National Motto but "In God We Trust" has a rich history of prominence since the start of the nation. Of course Kat and his New Inquisition disinformation campaign would want you to be ignorant of the facts. All his sources count on you being ignorant of what they are talking about. Those that are educated see that the sources are full of what comes out of the south end of a north facing bull.
    I've been to the Head Honcho on this. Here's the lowdown...

Name:  god money.jpg
Views: 212
Size:  45.0 KB
    Dogma schmogma

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tthree View Post
    I think Jefferson is like many today. He believed in God but had disdain for organized religion. He may have had a church he was comfortable with but more likely could read well enough to know that Christ eliminated the need for them as the go between standing between you and God. He may have met with like minded people but feared the corruption of the hierarchy. Some of his more extreme quotes may indicate he didn't believe at all. A closet Atheist as it were.
    For you, mlady...

+ Reply to Thread