+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Religious people are more likely to have a lower IQ

Default Religious people are more likely to have a lower IQ

Religious people are more likely to have a lower IQ

Obviously, this is not surprising in the slightest since there is nothing believable in religious text, especially in regards to scientific claims (see: Qu'ran), yet a non-thinking person who encompasses the meaning of gullibility and irrationality finds such readings a valid source of moral and metaphysical discovery.

A short PDF on the study - http://tiny.cc/quwjq

For the fast web readers - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-lower-IQ.html

I want to understand why somebody would be so imperceptive and willingly accept such bloody disgusting bullshit. It's not enough that it contradicts with the natural laws of physics - it can easily be argued that the God of the Abrahamic religions is narcissistic, egotistical, genocidal, homophobic, misogynistic and sadomasochistic... among other deplorable adjectives.

Aside fom the fact that He wishes you to follow these ideologies...even if it is true, why would you choose to submit yourself to a totalitarian dictator like God anyway? I want the religious people to give their own points in this thread and hopefully get some debate going. I've met some religious people who are fully aware of the improbability (or rather impossibility) of certain religions existing, yet claim the indoctrination they suffered through their childhoods is irreversible so they will never stop believing. Are there any users here who share similar views?
    Last edited by Arkham Knight; June 23rd, 2012 at 05:50 PM.
    When you have eliminated all the impossible, whatever remains, however implausible, must be the logic truth...

I don't know about other religious people but if you call me one, I have a genius IQ. I have never tested lower than 142 since elementary school. Most of the people I know that are religious also have very high IQs. Maybe it is just a regional thing. More high IQ people live in the region of the country I live in. For those who don't know IQ has little to do with education. It is in the genes. That is why IQ doesn't change much if at all during the course of your life.

Quote Originally Posted by shred View Post
    I don't know about other religious people but if you call me one, I have a genius IQ.
    The exception proves the rule.
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    The exception proves the rule.
    Exception that proves the rule

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
    "The exception [that] proves the rule" is a frequently misused English idiom. The original meaning of this idiom is that the presence of an exception applying to a specific case establishes that a general rule exists. For example, a sign that says "parking prohibited on Sundays" (the exception) "proves" that parking is allowed on the other six days of the week (the rule).
    Henry Watson Fowler's Modern English Usage provided an early critical analysis of the confused use of this phrase, and many more recent style guides repeat Fowler's criticism.
    Original meaning

The phrase is derived from the medieval Latin legal principle exceptio probat regulam in casibus non exceptis ("the exception confirms the rule in cases not excepted"), a concept first proposed by Cicero in his defence of Lucius Cornelius Balbus.[1] This means a stated exception implies the existence of a rule to which it is the exception. The second part of Cicero's phrase, "in casibus non exceptis" or "in cases not excepted," is almost always missing from modern uses of the statement that "the exception proves the rule," which may contribute to frequent confusion and misuse of the phrase.

Wiki tells us that exception don't prove rules. Dr Z, either you were being facetious, sarcastic, super-scholarly, or just a plain old smartarse.
    Now I see Shred has always been a genius. Well, you coulda fooled me too... I guess he musta been the exception that don't prove any rule.

There, by posting these five images, I just proved Shred ain't no genius.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Dogma schmogma

This may be true. I'm not the brightest bulb in the pack, and if you ask them, Arkham and Katweezel are veritable geniuses.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

“It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    This may be true. I'm not the brightest bulb in the pack, and if you ask them, Arkham and Katweezel are veritable geniuses.
    I can't say anything good or bad about Katweezel, maybe he is a genius.

I am not, I am just a normal human being, free form religious and political mental slavery.
    When you have eliminated all the impossible, whatever remains, however implausible, must be the logic truth...

Quote Originally Posted by Arkham Knight View Post
    I can't say anything good or bad about Katweezel, maybe he is a genius.

I am not, I am just a normal human being, free form religious and political mental slavery.
    I am free from religious and political mental slavery as well, since I have freely chosen my religion, Catholicism, and my political philosophy, conservatism for the most part. Sorry I said I thought you would say you were a genius. I had you mis-pegged.
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

And I'm just a gud oldfashioned everyday hohum genius.
    Dogma schmogma

Well. I was right about one of you. Ho hum ...
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Well. I was right about one of you. Ho hum ...
    What happened to your moronic avatar that Panther also disapproved of? Now there is an implication that you have only one ball...
    Dogma schmogma

Quote Originally Posted by Katweezel View Post
    What happened to your moronic avatar that Panther also disapproved of? Now there is an implication that you have only one ball...
    Appease the Panther, that's what I always say.

One Ball
    In golf it's all your need;
    In pool, it's called the cue;
    Apparently, it's not camphor,
    Or it wouldn't have attracted you.
    Last edited by aslan; June 30th, 2012 at 09:58 AM.
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

BTW, it's so much better than that pink maggot of yours.
    Last edited by aslan; June 30th, 2012 at 10:02 AM.
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

BTW, it's so much better than that pink maggot of yours.
    Or is it a sperm cell in an egg, signifying your mental age?
    Last edited by aslan; June 30th, 2012 at 10:09 AM.
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

I must admit your one ball is a huge improvement.
    Dogma schmogma

I must admit your one ball is a huge improvement.
    Stop licking at Aslan's ball.

+ Reply to Thread