+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 37

Thread: War on Drugs Complete Failure: Time Mag

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    posting from Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    Taking drugs is a natural urge toward self-transcendence.
    I have a better idea: Worship God, treat your wife with more respect, give your excess clothing to the poor, and contribute your time and money to feeding the hungry, and you will begin the process of transcending your self. Thank you.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

    “It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

  2. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    I have a better idea: Worship God, treat your wife with more respect, give your excess clothing to the poor, and contribute your time and money to feeding the hungry, and you will begin the process of transcending your self...
    ... or drop some acid.
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    ... or drop some acid.
    Drop acid not bombs!
    Triple Reversed Cowpoke Final Elephant Ringer! Can anyone say, "You're a ding-dong!"

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    posting from Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    ... or drop some acid.
    Yeah, drop some acid and you will think you are transcending yourself, but all you are really doning is distorting your sense of reality. Zippity doo! Becoming a morally perfected person, a loving, giving person, is the essence of self transcendence. Dropping acid is not the same as building virtue. If in some cases it inspires the practice of virtue, good! Yes, good can come ot of evil. But this is not a recommendation of evil. Anything that distorts perception of reality is to be avoided. The results of such distortions are not reliable nor to be trusted.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

    “It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    posting from Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Positively+EV View Post
    Drop acid not bombs!
    But we will have to set apart certain individuals who do not drop acid to run the world and keep it safe for the dopers, no?
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

    “It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

  6. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    Yeah ... all you are really doing is distorting your sense of reality.
    You have no objectivity on this one. Give'er a try!!

    On the subject of LSD. LSD works because that's what it is. If it didn't work there would be no LSD. LSD does what it's supposed to do, further and accelerate the evolution of man. It is an organic development that came when it was needed. There is no reason to fear it, we created it because we NEED it, like the electric light. Everybody wants to know about it and that is proof enough of its importance. LSD does what alcohol did when IT was new and what EVERY new creation does, it lets a little more light into the darkness of man. It is art, it is philosophy, it is education, it is whatever fills the mind with more light. It takes man out of himself for a little while, out of the confines of his mind. It is a trip from the mind to the soul and back again, a ROUND trip. There is nothing strange or far out about LSD. Everyone has been a child, everyone sleeps at night, everyone has fallen in love, everyone has experienced many times what it is like to not be imprisoned by the mind. LSD simply loosens the connection between the mind and the soul.

    In our sleep walking consciousness we have only recognized the EXTREMES but truly we are ALL insane, we are ALL out of control, we are ALL high on LSD, we just aren't high ENOUGH. LSD only ACCELERATES what already is, makes us MORE of what we already are, brings us CLOSER to the Creator and as a result more in CONTROL of the created. Whenever and under whatever conditions, however we go about widening the connection between the soul and the mind we are drawing closer to the Creator be it religion or drugs or acts of bravery life makes us more and MUCH life makes us MUCH more and LSD is MUCH LIFE. The mind is ENRICHED, vitalized, FED by the soul. The mind IS the world, the soul IS the Creator. Man is the only form of life that has evolved to the point of taking part in the creation of the world consciously, all other forms are as yet almost mindless, almost totally unconscious and still at one with the soul. Nature is not yet separated from the creator, man IS, man has separated himself by evolving the mind so that he can take part in the creation of the world CONSCIOUSLY. Now man has developed LSD to realize this unity and this separation. It is not the only way but it is the quietest. Under LSD we realize that we are of the same stuff as our environment, all form is from one source, we SEE the source because the mind is temporarily held aside and we see form FROM the source, we are at ONE with the source, we ARE the source. There is nothing mysterious about all this, wise men have always had this experience. Call it inspiration, illumination, self realization, it is still very simple, the soul is all wisdom and all love, the soul is ALL. One who has experienced conscious unity with the soul, the source, God, one who has experienced consciously a state of mindlessness knows the meaning of life because for a moment he has been ONE with life, he has been life ITSELF. Men who longed for this experience used to spend their lives in meditation seeking to transcend the mind and see the Self, now with LSD it can be done in an evening.

    MORE- http://www.trussel.com/lyman/lsd.htm

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    posting from Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    You have no objectivity on this one. Give'er a try!!

    On the subject of LSD. LSD works because that's what it is. If it didn't work there would be no LSD. LSD does what it's supposed to do, further and accelerate the evolution of man. It is an organic development that came when it was needed. There is no reason to fear it, we created it because we NEED it, like the electric light. Everybody wants to know about it and that is proof enough of its importance. LSD does what alcohol did when IT was new and what EVERY new creation does, it lets a little more light into the darkness of man. It is art, it is philosophy, it is education, it is whatever fills the mind with more light. It takes man out of himself for a little while, out of the confines of his mind. It is a trip from the mind to the soul and back again, a ROUND trip. There is nothing strange or far out about LSD. Everyone has been a child, everyone sleeps at night, everyone has fallen in love, everyone has experienced many times what it is like to not be imprisoned by the mind. LSD simply loosens the connection between the mind and the soul.

    In our sleep walking consciousness we have only recognized the EXTREMES but truly we are ALL insane, we are ALL out of control, we are ALL high on LSD, we just aren't high ENOUGH. LSD only ACCELERATES what already is, makes us MORE of what we already are, brings us CLOSER to the Creator and as a result more in CONTROL of the created. Whenever and under whatever conditions, however we go about widening the connection between the soul and the mind we are drawing closer to the Creator be it religion or drugs or acts of bravery life makes us more and MUCH life makes us MUCH more and LSD is MUCH LIFE. The mind is ENRICHED, vitalized, FED by the soul. The mind IS the world, the soul IS the Creator. Man is the only form of life that has evolved to the point of taking part in the creation of the world consciously, all other forms are as yet almost mindless, almost totally unconscious and still at one with the soul. Nature is not yet separated from the creator, man IS, man has separated himself by evolving the mind so that he can take part in the creation of the world CONSCIOUSLY. Now man has developed LSD to realize this unity and this separation. It is not the only way but it is the quietest. Under LSD we realize that we are of the same stuff as our environment, all form is from one source, we SEE the source because the mind is temporarily held aside and we see form FROM the source, we are at ONE with the source, we ARE the source. There is nothing mysterious about all this, wise men have always had this experience. Call it inspiration, illumination, self realization, it is still very simple, the soul is all wisdom and all love, the soul is ALL. One who has experienced conscious unity with the soul, the source, God, one who has experienced consciously a state of mindlessness knows the meaning of life because for a moment he has been ONE with life, he has been life ITSELF. Men who longed for this experience used to spend their lives in meditation seeking to transcend the mind and see the Self, now with LSD it can be done in an evening.

    MORE- http://www.trussel.com/lyman/lsd.htm
    Never. Self-delusion is all it is, plain and simple. What you think you see is not what you think you see.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

    “It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

  8. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    Taking drugs is an expression of man's stupidity.
    Yeshua and the Apostles drank wine, no?
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    posting from Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    Yeshua and the Apostles drank wine, no?
    A moderate use of wine is not analogous to the use of LSD.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

    “It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    In the YO
    Posts
    15,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    Yeshua and the Apostles drank wine, no?
    All you know on that is Hebrew propaganda. I have dug deep. Uncle Jeeeezus made wine, yes... But legend has that he only made a little wine, once; at somebody's wedding. The truth of the matter is that He was Jerusalem's worst wino, and the apostles were all pisspots as well. [Pisspot: Oz slang for alcoholic.] There you have it... more truth beyond superficialities on the Zen Zone.


  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    posting from Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post

    Even if it's someone's warped sense of humor? Yeah, that makes sense.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

    “It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

  12. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    A moderate use of wine is not analogous to the use of LSD.
    Yes, I disagree, but that's not what you said --

    "Taking drugs is an expression of man's stupidity."

    It was a blanket statement. Even good holy people, the Son and his apostles, indulged in one or more "drugs."
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    posting from Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    Yes, I disagree, but that's not what you said --

    "Taking drugs is an expression of man's stupidity."

    It was a blanket statement. Even good holy people, the Son and his apostles, indulged in one or more "drugs."
    You know what I mean. In the normal lexicon, the moderate use of wine is not considered indulging in drugs. When we talk about drugs in the everyday sense of the word, we mean those substances whose use is for the purpose of intoxication, drunkenness, getting stoned. The Bible, if I can cite that book, condemns drunkenness, yet finds no fault with the use moderate use of alcohol. You speak like a man in denial.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

    “It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

  14. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    In the normal lexicon, the moderate use of wine is not considered indulging in drugs.
    Since when? You tar every accessory as "drugs" without distinction and then balk when call moderate wine "drugs?"

    Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    The Bible ... finds no fault with the moderate use of alcohol.
    All things in moderation, Monsignor.
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    posting from Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    Since when? You tar every accessory as "drugs" without distinction and then balk when call moderate wine "drugs?"


    All things in moderation, Monsignor.
    There is no such thing as moderate use of LSD to my knowledge-- it is either bad, or worse than bad...
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

    “It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Obama a Failure, So Far
    By Opinion in forum Real Politika
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: October 23rd, 2016, 09:06 PM
  2. Ten Geniuses Who Used Drugs -- And Their Drugs of Choice
    By zengrifter in forum Science & Philosophy
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: August 18th, 2013, 12:54 PM
  3. The Root of Socialism, Christianity's Failure?
    By aslan in forum ZenZone General Discussion
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: January 3rd, 2010, 01:17 AM
  4. Moving beyond the failure of GOP leadership.
    By AnIrishmannot2brite in forum ZenZone General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: March 14th, 2009, 11:54 PM
  5. It's Time to Legalize Drugs!
    By zengrifter in forum ZenZone General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: December 22nd, 2007, 12:50 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts