+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 65

Thread: Will Non-Christians Go To Hell? Deepak Answers

  1. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    posting from Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    I'll read Rice Broocks version if Brother aslan will read Amit Goswami's version!
    Actually, I thought you Katz was advocating for this idea, but if he's just throwing it out for human interest purposes, no thanks. I was just interested in how close this version of God came to the real thing, or if it could actually be subsumed in the Christian belief, but my gut is, "No," as it seems to be putting God into the "physical" or "non-spiritual" realm.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

    “It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    In the YO
    Posts
    15,587

    Default


  3. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    posting from Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    Actually, it was after a wild-eyed, drunken deer hunter emerged from the woods at a busy intersection in Stymie, NC, wearing no pants at all, whooping it up, and waving a near empty bottle of Jack Daniels whiskey. People in the rural North Carolina town immediately passed an ordinance for deer hunters to wear pants at all times in public. No mention was made of the whiskey bottle or the embarrassed deer.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

    “It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    In the YO
    Posts
    15,587

    Default

    The action Bible. LOL


  5. #50
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    In the YO
    Posts
    15,587

    Default









    You give religions more than $82.5 billion a year

    This is Joel Osteen. You helped pay for his house. (The Washington Post)

    Matt Yglesias thinks we ought to start taxing churches. "Whichever faith you think is the one true faith, it's undeniable that the majority of this church-spending is going to support false doctrines," he notes. Even if you did direct the money toward the one true faith, it'd still be a bad idea, as "Upgrading a church's physical plant doesn't enhance the soul-saving capacity of its clergy."

    Regardless of whether you buy Yglesias's logic, this raises an interesting question — exactly how much money are we talking about here? If, all of a sudden, churches, synagogues, mosques and the like lost their tax privileges, how much tax revenue would that generate?

    More: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...illion-a-year/

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    posting from Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    The action Bible. LOL
    The Atheist Bible
    Genuine Cow Leather Cover with Gold Leaf
    Page i. - Foreword - Richard Dawkins
    Page ii. - Table of Contents.
    Page 1 - There is no God.
    Page 2 - Glossary
    Page 3 - Index
    Genuine Cow Leather Back Cover

    Only $49.95 plus shipping and handling
    Order yours today!

    Everything you ever wanted to know about atheism in one easy lesson. No prerequisites, no previous knowledge, no IQ required. No stories, no advice, no information whatsoever. Be in the know. Be on the inside. Raise your sights. LOL

    Also, available on CD.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

    “It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    In the YO
    Posts
    15,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    The Atheist Bible
    Genuine Cow Leather Cover with Gold Leaf
    Page i. - Foreword - Richard Dawkins
    Page ii. - Table of Contents.
    Page 1 - There is no God.
    Page 2 - Glossary
    Page 3 - Index
    Genuine Cow Leather Back Cover

    Only $49.95 plus shipping and handling
    Order yours today!

    Everything you ever wanted to know about atheism in one easy lesson. No prerequisites, no previous knowledge, no IQ required. No stories, no advice, no information whatsoever. Be in the know. Be on the inside. Raise your sights. LOL

    Also, available on CD.
    "Give me the child until he is seven," the old Jesuit teachers say, "and I will give you the man."

    Last edited by Katz; January 3rd, 2015 at 02:16 AM.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    In the YO
    Posts
    15,587

    Default


  9. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    posting from Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    "Give me the child until he is seven," the old Jesuit teachers say, "and I will give you the man."

    Yes, it's a known fact that if you teach a child the truth at an early enough age, it will shape that child into adulthood. OTOH, if you teach them something false, you may do irreparable harm and someday they may find that what you taught them was false. Jeuss said, "If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them if a large millstone were hung around their neck and they were thrown into the sea."
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

    “It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    In the YO
    Posts
    15,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    Yes, it's a known fact that if you teach a child the truth at an early enough age, it will shape that child into adulthood. OTOH, if you teach them something false, you may do irreparable harm and someday they may find that what you taught them was false. Jeuss said, "If anyone causes one of these little ones--those who believe in me--to stumble, it would be better for them if a large millstone were hung around their neck and they were thrown into the sea."
    Some Christian forgiveness, mercy and compassion you got there.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    posting from Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katz View Post
    Some Christian forgiveness, mercy and compassion you got there.
    Are you one of those judges who let pedophiles who rape 6-year old girls go free? The message isn't hell; the message is that anyone who harms a child will have a huge debt to pay both in this life and in the next, either in Purgatory or Hell. There is forgiveness for those who are sorry, but there is also a temporal punishment for sin, a price to pay. A life of prayer and penance can mitigate that penalty. Only purity can enter God's presence. But, that's right, you like these warm and fuzzy beliefs that all you have to do is say, "I'm sorry," and the penalties are canceled and you can waltz right into heaven with all those rapes of little children forgiven and forgotten. It does not work like that. Justice is real, and it's not your marshmallow, namby-pamby version.
    Name:  christ_basilica2.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  14.1 KB
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

    “It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    In the YO
    Posts
    15,587

    Default

    Last edited by Katz; January 4th, 2015 at 04:56 AM.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    posting from Bethesda, MD
    Posts
    13,912

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Katz
    Some Christian forgiveness, mercy and compassion you got there.
    Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    Are you one of those judges who let pedophiles who rape 6-year old girls go free? The message isn't hell; the message is that anyone who harms a child will have a huge debt to pay both in this life and in the next, either in Purgatory or Hell. There is forgiveness for those who are sorry, but there is also a temporal punishment for sin, a price to pay. A life of prayer and penance can mitigate that penalty. Only purity can enter God's presence. But, that's right, you like these warm and fuzzy beliefs that all you have to do is say, "I'm sorry," and the penalties are canceled and you can waltz right into heaven with all those rapes of little children forgiven and forgotten. It does not work like that. Justice is real, and it's not your marshmallow, namby-pamby version.
    No comment?
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

    “It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    In the YO
    Posts
    15,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    No comment?

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    In the YO
    Posts
    15,587

    Default

    Sex is demonized in the Bible, lovers are stoned to death for adultery, Adam and Eve are shamed by the Lord God for their nakedness, Jesus is born a virgin because god could not have been born from the dirty act of sex. The result of this anti-flesh theology is twisted sexuality amongst those that preach these harmful ideas. Real men can't be Christian and still be men because the Jew Bible cuts your balls off.



    Last edited by Katz; January 4th, 2015 at 11:31 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Those good Christians are at it again.
    By shadroch in forum ZenZone General Discussion
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: March 1st, 2014, 10:59 PM
  2. What To Do When The Usual Answers Don’t Work
    By Solve et Coagula in forum Religious Cults & Spirituality
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: April 2nd, 2012, 06:52 AM
  3. Hawking Answers the BIG ONE!
    By zengrifter in forum ZenZone General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 2nd, 2012, 02:26 AM
  4. Why judeo-christians support war
    By Solve et Coagula in forum Real Politika
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: February 26th, 2012, 10:54 AM
  5. Christians- Zionism's Useful Idiots
    By zengrifter in forum ZenZone General Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: November 9th, 2009, 08:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts