+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: 50 Reason Why The Bible Lacks Credibility IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Katweezel View Post
    #8 of 50. The Bible is a mish-mash of convoluted nonsense, misinterpretations and deliberate falsifications.

Christianity is in Crisis

Read the remainder at SOURCE: http://www.thetruthshall.com/ChristianityinCrisis.htm
    Your sources are constantly disagreeing with one another. How can you in good conscience believe them all. Just to name one, this source has sighted total agreement that Jesus was a devout Jew. Another of your sources sights total agreement that Jesus was a fictitious figure. This guy doesn't understand the trinity as he makes obvious. Doesn't understand that the fulfillment of all the Old Testament prophecies of a prophet like Moses, only greater, that stands as go between to God helping to deflect your just punishment for what you have done. The repeated prophecies that the Sons of Israel refer to the Gentiles as well as the Jews. Referring to a spiritual birth right not one of blood. He ignores the perfect agreement of the Old and New Testament. I don't believe your sources are actually as stupid and lack the ability to comprehend what they read so they must simply read it through the lens of how can I tear it apart. They look like fools to experts who have thoroughly studied the Bible. When willful ignorance is so obvious how can you take any of them seriously.

I guess it comes down to what kind of person you are. If you are a loving forgiving person the connections are obvious. If you are a conniving, person with evil constantly your go to thoughts you don't want to see the obvious. You see a group of people and label all of them as the rare but worst examples in the group. This allows you evil heart to grow hate which for some reason gives a perverse pleasure. We have seen it with race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation and political affiliation as well as religion. Ignorant bigots justify their hate by ignoring the norm and painting a broad brush with the worst example from each group. It is a very ugly quality that mirrors a sad and ugly heart and mind. Today the only bigotry still socially acceptable are political bigotry and religious bigotry. The powerful people use these to con sheeple into helping them do horrible things. If they were of no use to them they too would not be socially acceptable. Maybe some day these troglodytes will evolve and join the 21st century by leaving the ugly bigotry behind them. The worst bigots go back generations to label a group of people in a way that justifies their hatred. It is basic psychology of the non evolved mind. It is driven by hatred and fear. THIS NON EVOLVED MINDSET IS THE CAUSE OF THE WARS NOT THE RELIGION THAT THE CORRUPT INDIVIDUAL LEADER FOLLOWED.

Quote Originally Posted by shred View Post
    Your sources are constantly disagreeing with one another. How can you in good conscience believe them all. Just to name one, this source has sighted total agreement that Jesus was a devout Jew. Another of your sources sights total agreement that Jesus was a fictitious figure. This guy doesn't understand the trinity as he makes obvious. Doesn't understand that the fulfillment of all the Old Testament prophecies of a prophet like Moses, only greater, that stands as go between to God helping to deflect your just punishment for what you have done. The repeated prophecies that the Sons of Israel refer to the Gentiles as well as the Jews. Referring to a spiritual birth right not one of blood. He ignores the perfect agreement of the Old and New Testament. I don't believe your sources are actually as stupid and lack the ability to comprehend what they read so they must simply read it through the lens of how can I tear it apart. They look like fools to experts who have thoroughly studied the Bible. When willful ignorance is so obvious how can you take any of them seriously.

I guess it comes down to what kind of person you are. If you are a loving forgiving person the connections are obvious. If you are a conniving, person with evil constantly your go to thoughts you don't want to see the obvious. You see a group of people and label all of them as the rare but worst examples in the group. This allows you evil heart to grow hate which for some reason gives a perverse pleasure. We have seen it with race, gender, nationality, sexual orientation and political affiliation as well as religion. Ignorant bigots justify their hate by ignoring the norm and painting a broad brush with the worst example from each group. It is a very ugly quality that mirrors a sad and ugly heart and mind. Today the only bigotry still socially acceptable are political bigotry and religious bigotry. The powerful people use these to con sheeple into helping them do horrible things. If they were of no use to them they too would not be socially acceptable. Maybe some day these troglodytes will evolve and join the 21st century by leaving the ugly bigotry behind them. The worst bigots go back generations to label a group of people in a way that justifies their hatred. It is basic psychology of the non evolved mind. It is driven by hatred and fear. THIS NON EVOLVED MINDSET IS THE CAUSE OF THE WARS NOT THE RELIGION THAT THE CORRUPT INDIVIDUAL LEADER FOLLOWED.
    I've highlighted above, the usual Christian judgmental attitude that is so common among them. (Even tho your 'god' says judge not that ye be judged.) And typically also of Christians is you don't want to see the truth about your 'religion'. You made a poor case above, trying to refute my premise about one of the main causes of war is religion. You put forward an even poorer case for yours.

Apart from all Christianity's historical horrors and atrocities, I'll leave you with a prime (modern) example of what I'm talking about. It concerns President Ronald Reagan. Here is the link below that clearly shows how close the world came to a nuclear Armageddon, because Pat Boone and his evangelical fruit cake friend Halwell managed to convince Reagan that the Biblical Armageddon was at hand during the Cold War. And if that isn't enough, take a look at the story of how The 'Miracle' of Fatima almost caused WWIII. You'll find that one here on ZZ also, under history. You don't want to see the obvious.

http://www.zenzoneforum.com/threads/...eddon-Theology
    Last edited by Katweezel; May 9th, 2012 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Search For Truth, not dogma or myths
    Dogma schmogma

I only make the observation that you spew endless hatred and bigotry. Everyone can see it. I tried to clue you in to what that does to your health. Doctors as well as all spiritual traditions will tell you the same. Maybe you think painted whole groups with a broad brush that actually applies to few within it and in this case long dead people within it is an attractive quality but most of society at least in my neck of the woods have evolved beyond that and see it as ugly and offensive display by ignorant people. It is not just confined to being offended when the "protected groups" are attacked as a whole but when the same logic is employed on any group. I also prayed for you to learn that the hateful ignorance you spew is no different than any other group that hates. The KKK, nazis, antisemites, racial bigots the list goes on and on. I don't hear you talking about all the good done by christians in general and attacking the rare exception in a manner that would be constructive. When I am taking care of the homeless or tutoring poor kids whose parents don't or can't I don't see any other groups out there helping the poor, hungry, homeless and needy. but you can only see past atrocities. Probably because you never do anything to help those in need.

I have never denied or advocated past atrocities and have been aware of them for decades. These people did not practice Christianity as their actions demonstrate. They were simply in it for power as demonstrated by their actions. Sheeple either blindly followed the corrupt leaders or were afraid of the consequences for not following. As for my analogy. It was perfect. There are in fact people who spew hate in the same manner that you do only about the evils of science. They site the billions dead from scientific advancement and paint all of science with that broad brush. It is exactly the same as what you do only the actual numbers of dead people are at least 1000 times more. Just like you they never want to talk about the good that science does and only focus on the atrocities. They are just as offensive and ignorant in their hatred and bigotry. Very ugly and offensive any time the broad brush is used to paint a large group of people by the deeds of very few of them.

As for Reagan. He ended the Cold War. I am not gullible enough to believe anything I read without conformation. What I do know is that he put in the tear down this wall part of the famous speech against the advice of all his handlers and advisors. It was this as much as anything that ended the threat of global destruction for a time. It seems that weak leadership in recent years has allowed the threat to reemerge.

All these unprovable conspiracy theories that the gullible lap up are kind of funny. It tells a lot about a person what and how quickly they believe any thing they read. The alphas of intelligence are hard to convince about anything. The are not parrots. They believe what they can prove and are skeptical of the rest knowing that in 10 to 20 years most of it will be disproved and after 30 to 50 years they will be teaching new best educated guesses as fact. It is the cycle of scientific knowledge and will go on forever. The small group smart enough to be the alphas are the ones that usually make the "advancements".

One truism is a position of ultimate power will attract all the corrupt people to the position as well attracting people to the ear of the person in the position. This is basic human nature. I am not sure why you don't see that by creating the positions of ultimate power in the church that Christ came to eliminate made this type of corruption inevitable. It is human nature. It says nothing about the lowly masses. I could just as easily be ignorant and hateful by following your example and tell everyone how evil all Australians are. They are descendants of criminals in a penal colony. They must be just like their long dead ancestors who lived lives of crime. It would be just as wrong and ignorant while still being true in a historic sense.

One of the few things out of psychology that is actually true with everyone is they see the world as a reflection of themselves. If they are loving and forgiving it is because they wouldn't do things to harm people intentionally so they can easily believe that an innocent mistake occurred. Of course they may have forgiven in the past and observed how much letting go of the negative energy of holding a grudge made them feel so much better so it is more something they do for themselves than others. If a person sees the world as filled with hateful and duplicitous people, it is because that is the way their subconscious sees themselves. All you have to do is observe the way a person views the world and you learn more about them than you can from a lifetime of personal experience. What I see in what you present here is a person who tries to paint the most useful people to the needy in the world as though they are all murderers and people with evil intentions simply because the corrupt people that sat in positions of ultimate power did what corrupt people that gravitate to those types of positions always do. By not being able to see the good in others you betray what is in you.

#12 of 50 - The Moral Standard displayed throughout the Bible is so appallingly low it is a disgrace. Christians - in their delusion - are unable to recognize this fact and cling to their warped version of a perfect deity. Nobody exposes this better than James McDonald - author of Beyond Belief - in his brilliant summary below. (My highlights.)

Summing Up
    Which is it, is man one of God's blunders or is God one of man's?
    Nietzsche

Christians have a poor record on a wide range of moral issues, even by their own current standards. By contrast many non-Christians, and notably people most reviled by right-thinking Christians, have a much better record. It is true that there are some issues where the moral questions are still argued, but for the most part the freethinkers are recognised to have been consistently on the morally superior side, and an ever-increasing number of Churches are abandoning their traditional position on the remaining contentious matters.

A few of the many examples of areas in transition are contraception, divorce, the acceptability of cruelty to animals, euthanasia, the status of women, and the relative seriousness of masturbation, adultery and rape. Whatever one's own beliefs, it is indisputable that mainstream Churches are slowly migrating towards secular opinion on all of these issues. The record of the mainstream Churches has been so bad that many of the greatest thinkers have held Christianity in contempt. After the time of Celsus the critics' voices were silenced by force within Christendom, though they were heard outside it. Since the eighteenth century these voices have been heard again in Christian countries.

Voltaire defined the first divine as "the first rogue who met the first fool". Modern philosophers have expressed similar views, if less colourfully. Bertrand Russell's views on Christianity were scathing. He regarded it as a disease born of fear, and a source of untold misery*. A. J. Ayer regarded it as positively wicked*. For many Christians, such views will appear both surprising and shocking. And yet they are common enough among those who have studied the history of Christianity. They are also gradually filtering into general population at least in Europe.

A poll in April 2008 uncovered a widespread belief that faith was intolerant, irrational and used to justify persecution. Pollsters in the UK asked 3,500 people what they considered to be the worst blights on modern society. They found that the “dominant opinion” was that religion was a “social evil”. Many said religion divided society, fuelled intolerance and spawned “irrational” educational and other policies. A typical opinion was that: “Faith in supernatural phenomena inspires hatred and prejudice throughout the world, and is commonly used as justification for persecution of women, gays and people who do not have faith.”. Many respondents called for state funding of church schools to be ended.*

Sociological studies show many consistent patterns, which the Churches might reasonably be asked to explain. The least religious countries on earth are precisely those that have the longest life expectancy, highest adult literacy, highest per capita income, highest educational attainment, greatest gender equality, lowest homicide rate and lowest infant mortality. The fifty nations at the other end of the scale are all strikingly religious*. In almost all studies the USA stands out as exceptional in being the only developed nation to score highly for religiosity and also the only one to score badly on many social indicators. Here for example is just one paragraph of one study:

In general, higher rates of belief in and worship of a creator correlate with higher rates of homicide, juvenile and early adult mortality, STD infection rates, teen pregnancy, and abortion in the prosperous democracies.... The United States is almost always the most dysfunctional of the developed democracies, sometimes spectacularly so, and almost always scores poorly .... No democracy is known to have combined strong religiosity and popular denial of evolution with high rates of societal health. Higher rates of non-theism and acceptance of human evolution usually correlate with lower rates of dysfunction, and the least theistic nations are usually the least dysfunctional. None of the strongly secularized, pro-evolution democracies is experiencing high levels of measurable dysfunction. In some cases the highly religious U.S. is an outlier in terms of societal dysfunction from less theistic but otherwise socially comparable secular developed democracies. In other cases, the correlations are strongly graded, sometimes outstandingly so.*

One effect of this is that what is considered normal in the US is regarded with bemusement or horror in other economically developed countries. Secular Europeans for example are bemused by populations who reject scientific knowledge. (More Americans believe in flying saucers than accept the theory of Evolution). Again, in the US it is unremarkable — the norm even — for politicians to believe that they are able to communicate with a divinity. For secular Europeans such beliefs are little different from evidence of a potentially dangerous mental illness. Why the US should be so different from other developed countries is beyond the scope of this book. A separate moral argument can be made comparing Biblical Christian morality with that of other religions. As one recent commentator has put it, taking just one comparison:

.... we need look no further than the Jains; Mahavira, the Jain patriarch, surpassed the morality of the Bible with a single sentence: “Do not injure, abuse, oppress, enslave, insult, torment, torture or kill any creature or living being.” Imagine how different our world might be if the Bible contained this as its central precept. Christians have abused, oppressed, enslaved, insulted, tormented, tortured, and killed people in the name of God for centuries, on the basis of a theologically defensible reading of the Bible. It is impossible to behave this way by adhering to the principles of Jainism. How, then, can you argue that the Bible provides the clearest statement of morality the world has ever seem?*

If Christianity had been responsible for only 1 per cent of the horrors described in this section we might still see why Nietzsche should have regarded it as the one immortal blemish of mankind. Certainly, it would be an ambitious advocate who tried to justify the Christian religion by reference to its moral record, and it is notable that few who know anything about Christian history are prepared to try.

SOURCE: http://www.badnewsaboutchristianity.com/gk0_summary.htm
    Dogma schmogma

#13 of 50 The vast amount of irrelevant nonsense in the Bible masquerading as the inspired word of God is beyond belief. (No need to supply examples. Just let your Bible fall open at random and start reading.

Name:  sheep bible.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  66.7 KBName:  sheep bible.png
Views: 71
Size:  38.9 KBName:  sheep creat.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  34.0 KBName:  sheep moses stfu.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  26.0 KBName:  sheep stuff.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  49.5 KB
    Dogma schmogma

#14 of 50. The Bible is totally inappropriate for ANY child to read.

For the child mind, the Bible is scary with its monster "God" who is angry and vengeful, and does horrible things to people - and even unto infants. An emotionally well-balanced and intelligent parent (who has not been brainwashed with Christian dogma) would NEVER allow their child's mind to be contaminated with such horror, fear-promoting stories.
    Dogma schmogma

I must admit when I read it for the first time I couldn't believe what I was reading. Full of plot twists, sex, all kinds of betrayal and deceit as well as the supernatural. It was better than any soap opera or novel I had ever read. The was a book or two that was pretty boring like numbers but for the most part it was a great read full of action, sexual exploits and violence. No wonder it is the best selling book ever. Definitely not PG-13 though. It is mostly adult content.

I must admit when I read it for the first time I couldn't believe what I was reading. Full of plot twists, sex, all kinds of betrayal and deceit as well as the supernatural. It was better than any soap opera or novel I had ever read. The was a book or two that was pretty boring like numbers but for the most part it was a great read full of action, sexual exploits and violence. No wonder it is the best selling book ever. Definitely not PG-13 though. It is mostly adult content.

So you were exposed to that crap as a child, huh. That explains it. I think you need to read this (below) as you may have missed it...

Name:  sheep bible.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  66.7 KB
    Dogma schmogma

So you were exposed to that crap as a child, huh. That explains it. I think you need to read this (below) as you may have missed it...

Attachment 15685
    Like 3D movies, you need to wear special glasses to view it properly. The glasses are handed out by the movie maker, but he reserves the right to give them to whomever he wants. Ask him and I'm sure he will give you a pair. Otherwise you just won't get it.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

“It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

Attachment 15685
    Actually I was referring to 10 years ago when I was talking about the first time I read the Bible. I was in my forties. Having the Almighty prove his existence to you makes it hard to have any doubts. Even for an agnostic like I was. A spiritual experience like I had with a one on one relationship with God is something that is obviously beyond your comprehension. I was called and I am a show me skeptic so I was shown the truth. Many Fundies don't believe my story because they think that God only operated like that in the Old Testament. I really don't care. It was for me. If I would believe any other way I am sure that is what would have happened but I am not one to believe without proof. If I was to be called there would have to be proof. There was. I died later a few times and the proof was there as well. Not just for me but for everyone that was there for me. God left his signature on my recovery for those that couldn't meet God in the afterlife and return. Maybe one day your heart and mind will be pure enough to experience it yourself. You need to lose the hate and forgive. If you are to be called you will do this whether you want to or not. If not you will continue to spew hatred and bigotry for all to gawk at. It is just as ugly as any hate spawned bigotry. The main reason I don't read your gurus is that some of them, maybe all, turned your soul black with the toxic waste of hate and bigotry. It is tragic when a spiritual leader teaches lessons that poison the body of a follower.

Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    Like 3D movies, you need to wear special glasses to view it properly. The glasses are handed out by the movie maker, but he reserves the right to give them to whomever he wants. Ask him and I'm sure he will give you a pair. Otherwise you just won't get it.
    Right on. I don't get any of it. But for the time being we're talking about CHILDREN and the terrible effect that fear-based Bible can have on them.
    Dogma schmogma

Actually I was referring to 10 years ago when I was talking about the first time I read the Bible. I was in my forties. Having the Almighty prove his existence to you makes it hard to have any doubts. Even for an agnostic like I was. A spiritual experience like I had with a one on one relationship with God is something that is obviously beyond your comprehension. I was called and I am a show me skeptic so I was shown the truth. Many Fundies don't believe my story because they think that God only operated like that in the Old Testament. I really don't care. It was for me. If I would believe any other way I am sure that is what would have happened but I am not one to believe without proof. If I was to be called there would have to be proof. There was. I died later a few times and the proof was there as well. Not just for me but for everyone that was there for me. God left his signature on my recovery for those that couldn't meet God in the afterlife and return. Maybe one day your heart and mind will be pure enough to experience it yourself. You need to lose the hate and forgive. If you are to be called you will do this whether you want to or not. If not you will continue to spew hatred and bigotry for all to gawk at. It is just as ugly as any hate spawned bigotry. The main reason I don't read your gurus is that some of them, maybe all, turned your soul black with the toxic waste of hate and bigotry. It is tragic when a spiritual leader teaches lessons that poison the body of a follower.
    Your final sentence - which I highlighted - demonstrates how uninformed and closed-minded you are. What you say is just plain too silly, so I'll ignore it. Here below are some words from the legendary Guru Muktananda, describing how anyone can accomplish expanded awareness if you stick at it with discipline. This meditation tradition is followed by millions world-wide. It might even help a fundy. Who knows?

"Dear Franklin, while sitting calm and steady repeat the mantra together with rhythmic breathing, prana and apana ,9 the rhythmic inhalation and exhalation of air or vital force. Harmonize the repetition of mantra with the breathing as follows: With "So" take it in, and with "ham" bring it out. Throughout the mantra-repetition one should follow this practice. Simply by sitting peacefully and applying the mind to the prana and apana one enters into a deep state of meditation. When one's mind is fixed on "So" with the incoming breath and on "ham" with the outgoing breath, it is called mantra-japa. 10

The regulation of incoming and outgoing breath and vital force is called pranayama.11" If a person is skillful, intelligent and alert, the repetition of mantra, mantra-japa, the process of pranayama, and meditation, all three, can be achieved simultaneously and without difficulty. Such a one is like a kingfisher bird whose entire attention is fixed on a fish in water. This bird is known for its all-exclusive concentration, which is a kind of meditation. And when it suddenly dives to catch the fish, two more things are achieved simultaneously. He also has a good bath and enjoys a hearty meal!
    "

I also brought this great quote from the Jains. This short sentence encapsulates ALL THE RELIGION ANYONE WOULD EVER NEED. Beautiful in its simplicity and expression isn't it?

.... "we need look no further than the Jains; Mahavira, the Jain patriarch, surpassed the morality of the Bible with a single sentence: “.” Imagine how different our world might be if the Bible contained this as its central precept. Christians have abused, oppressed, enslaved, insulted, tormented, tortured, and killed people in the name of God for centuries, on the basis of a theologically defensible reading of the Bible. It is impossible to behave this way by adhering to the principles of Jainism. How, then, can you argue that the Bible provides the clearest statement of morality the world has ever seem?"

Here it is again by itself: Do not injure, abuse, oppress, enslave, insult, torment, torture or kill any creature or living being
    Last edited by Katweezel; May 15th, 2012 at 06:38 AM.
    Dogma schmogma

Name:  hats silly.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  50.1 KB
    Dogma schmogma

Your final sentence - which I highlighted - demonstrates how uninformed and closed-minded you are. What you say is just plain too silly, so I'll ignore it. Here below are some words from the legendary Guru Muktananda, describing how anyone can accomplish expanded awareness if you stick at it with discipline. This meditation tradition is followed by millions world-wide. It might even help a fundy. Who knows?

"Dear Franklin, while sitting calm and steady repeat the mantra together with rhythmic breathing, prana and apana ,9 the rhythmic inhalation and exhalation of air or vital force. Harmonize the repetition of mantra with the breathing as follows: With "So" take it in, and with "ham" bring it out. Throughout the mantra-repetition one should follow this practice. Simply by sitting peacefully and applying the mind to the prana and apana one enters into a deep state of meditation. When one's mind is fixed on "So" with the incoming breath and on "ham" with the outgoing breath, it is called mantra-japa. 10

The regulation of incoming and outgoing breath and vital force is called pranayama.11" If a person is skillful, intelligent and alert, the repetition of mantra, mantra-japa, the process of pranayama, and meditation, all three, can be achieved simultaneously and without difficulty. Such a one is like a kingfisher bird whose entire attention is fixed on a fish in water. This bird is known for its all-exclusive concentration, which is a kind of meditation. And when it suddenly dives to catch the fish, two more things are achieved simultaneously. He also has a good bath and enjoys a hearty meal!
    "

I also brought this great quote from the Jains. This short sentence encapsulates ALL THE RELIGION ANYONE WOULD EVER NEED. Beautiful in its simplicity and expression isn't it?

.... "we need look no further than the Jains; Mahavira, the Jain patriarch, surpassed the morality of the Bible with a single sentence: “.” Imagine how different our world might be if the Bible contained this as its central precept. Christians have abused, oppressed, enslaved, insulted, tormented, tortured, and killed people in the name of God for centuries, on the basis of a theologically defensible reading of the Bible. It is impossible to behave this way by adhering to the principles of Jainism. How, then, can you argue that the Bible provides the clearest statement of morality the world has ever seem?"

Here it is again by itself: Do not injure, abuse, oppress, enslave, insult, torment, torture or kill any creature or living being
    My last sentence is based on your accounts of what your gurus/masters taught you. You paint billions of people that believe a diverse but related theology with one broad brush. You credit your spiritual teachers with teaching you this ultimate feat of bigotry that surpasses the scope of almost all other bigots. The worst part is their bigotry is rooted in ancient history. They must be very enlightened. Perhaps in a passed life they were the perpetrators of the atrocities they abhor. That would explain the root of carrying it to this generation.

I was called through the meditation you speak of. As for your last comment. What do they eat. Science has proven that plants are capable of communication within a colony of a threat whether disease or predator. Implied is that they feel pain in some sense though it would be different than ours. I guess they could drink milk and eat cheese. But that would involve enslaving animals. I guess that just leaves scavenging off the dead carcasses they find. I guess it isn't as simple as it seems. Like any wisdom there are those that follow it like some gurus and others who don't but use it to oppress, abuse and insult what others believe like you and those that taught you to do this. If only you and they could practice what you preach. I see the same hypocrisy in church. Next time you are meditating consider your summary and what it actually means.

KAT: "Here it is again by itself: Do not injure, abuse, oppress, enslave, insult, torment, torture or kill any creature or living being."

I guess the billions of people you routinely insult, abuse and oppress an a daily basis aren't living beings. Wasn't it great that the gurus that taught you instilled this hate filled hypocrisy into your very fiber. Especially since the deeds you speak of are ancient history.

Right on. I don't get any of it. But for the time being we're talking about CHILDREN and the terrible effect that fear-based Bible can have on them.
    Ideally, children are taught by a spiritually mature adult who can explain it's meaning at their level of comprehension. By spiritually mature, I mean someone who possesses the gift of faith and has advanced in the practice of their Christian walk.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

“It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

+ Reply to Thread