+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is forum change possible?

Default Is forum change possible?

In light of what transpired at the other site will this site become more blackjack oriented or will it stay as is. I looked at the other sites and still think that it's possible to have a blend of both gaming and the other subjects on one site. One is tied to the other one way or another. Anyways it's just a thought and suggestion since the vacum caused by recent forum close. I know you didn't mean what you said in my Nce day post ZG
    " That we may meet in a better place after this!"

Yes, entirely. What would be your mix of categories? Right now waiting for bug-fix - edit functionality lost during transfer. zg
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

Who is the new keeper of the zoo ?

Quote Originally Posted by Inplay007 View Post
    Who is the new keeper of the zoo ?
    I hear a brand-new Super-Moderator has been hired on a full-time basis. He will crack down on idjits and rednecks. His monicker is InPlay. This should be fun.
    Dogma schmogma

Quote Originally Posted by Katweezel View Post
    I hear a brand-new Super-Moderator has been hired on a full-time basis. He will crack down on idjits and rednecks. His monicker is InPlay. This should be fun.
    This sounds good. The new owner will have his hands full. I have talked to my brother Inplay he sadly does not want the job. He is busy exploring other adventures you know.

Default site

I really am starting to go into withdrawl I need a fix bad man. I guess the format of former site with a few tweeks would do the trick. If nothing else just bringing the gambling theme here would be like a methadone clinic to me. I don't have too many sites that I visit in different areas that have the same meaning to my thought processess. I really do miss the banter from the regulars even the jerks which I won't name. It's late now just got off shift but will make a few suggestions when I'm rested. It's good to hear from you guys, and makes me feel less like Major Tom in space.

This sounds good. The new owner will have his hands full. I have talked to my brother Inplay he sadly does not want the job. He is busy exploring other adventures you know.
    InPlay, I see you have outlived BJInfo. Now who on this planet would have predicted such a happening?... Those odds would have been around 1000/1 about one year ago. LOL The worm has turned! So, bro IP, how did you topple the mighty? How did your tortoise beat the hare? How did your David slay Goliath? You are well on the way to becoming a Legend in your own lifetime. Next I suppose you'll be telling me you got a Xmas card from Sonny... LOL
    Dogma schmogma

Quote Originally Posted by blackchipjim View Post
    I really am starting to go into withdrawl I need a fix bad man. I guess the format of former site with a few tweeks would do the trick. If nothing else just bringing the gambling theme here would be like a methadone clinic to me. I don't have too many sites that I visit in different areas that have the same meaning to my thought processess. I really do miss the banter from the regulars even the jerks which I won't name. It's late now just got off shift but will make a few suggestions when I'm rested. It's good to hear from you guys, and makes me feel less like Major Tom in space.
    Dear Major Tom. Your circuit's dead, there's something wrong, can you hear me Major Tom, can you hear me Major Tom; so why, are you floating round this tin can, high above the earth, Planet Earth is blue and there's nothing you can do... EXCEPT HIT YOUR HARD 16 BUDDY! LOL
    Dogma schmogma

Quote Originally Posted by Katweezel View Post
    InPlay, I see you have outlived BJInfo. Now who on this planet would have predicted such a happening?... Those odds would have been around 1000/1 about one year ago. LOL The worm has turned! So, bro IP, how did you topple the mighty? How did your tortoise beat the hare? How did your David slay Goliath? You are well on the way to becoming a Legend in your own lifetime. Next I suppose you'll be telling me you got a Xmas card from Sonny... LOL
    Shadroach sent me a Christmas Card with a very nice note inside it. The card from Ken was also very nice. He thanked me for all the dirty work that I had done for him. I still haven't recieved your's yet it must be that slow Aussie mail.

That makes 3 so far. Where are all the rest ?

Default Assessment

First off the site that offered 3 free months of membership has taken the lionshare of the members. People need a place to relax and converse with fellow like-minided players. Granted we don't alway agree, maybe even never but nontheless this site was a place to go to discuss things that were unwelcomed at the other site. Segragating the threads into sections that lean more to gaming and less of the later may be a daunting task to say the least. The big question would be " Is this a political and religous forum or is it changing to a blackjack and other forum?". If it wants to be the real replacement of it's former host site without the restraints alot of work has to done to achieve it.

Default Suggestions

Well after a good night's sleep and some review this morning I came up with a few ways to improve this site. Assuming that this site wants to change over to an advantage player site that appeals to both new and experienced players it has to add more thread sections. The former sister site had sections with subsections totalling almost 4x the number here. I don't think there is a conflict of interest if the format is copied and not sure if copy and paste from the former is in this site's best interest. The former site's layout pretty much took into account what most APs both new and experieced needed. Like the old saying goes " build it and they will come".

In light of what transpired at the other site will this site become more blackjack oriented or will it stay as is. I looked at the other sites and still think that it's possible to have a blend of both gaming and the other subjects on one site. One is tied to the other one way or another. Anyways it's just a thought and suggestion since the vacum caused by recent forum close. I know you didn't mean what you said in my Nce day post ZG
    Aside from the PSI gambling theory forum, what other ones? Can we keep it down to 5 or less? zg
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

Default suggestions

I guess anything is possible, but the fact is the site is geared more to politics,religion and oppinions. That's why I asked if change is possible from that to a advantage player site. The latter should really compliment the new! I suppose you can trim down all the parts to five general areas of discussion. Renaming some of the current ones or combining them you can still achieve a total of ten sections. You would have to clue me in as to the problems of expansion of the forum.

That makes 3 so far. Where are all the rest ?
    You killed Glovesetc on the internetz. Have you confessed yet and sought redemption from the pope?
    Dogma schmogma

+ Reply to Thread