+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: How to beat 6:5 SD- this is the system

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,347

    Lightbulb How to beat 6:5 SD- this is the system

    SJC.zip

    Figured it was about time for a blackjack post around here!

    This is a count I developed for playing 6:5 single deck BJ. I call it the "St. Jude Count," named after St. Jude, the Patron Saint of Lost Causes. What would be more appropriate for a 6:5 game, right?

    The count is level 3, with 53 indices plus insurance. Running count only, no true counting required which makes it a bit easier. You really want to use all the indices, sorry. I went through them all and picked out any of limited value, and they have already been removed. The relative value of the indices is different from a 3:2 game because you will be getting your big bets at a different point than a 3:2 game, and the ratio of the minimum to maximum bet in 6:5 will be much larger. I wouldn't recommend attacking this game with less than a 1:15 spread, but 1:20 is all you need. You can get SCOREs of 100 or more in good playing conditions.

    The count and the indices are also perfectly good for a 3:2 SD game. I wouldn't recommend a 1:20 spread in a 3:2 SD game though, if you plan on playing more than 5 minutes!

    Be advised that despite the "lost cause" of trying to beat 6:5, the casinos are aware it can be done and you will get heat and backoffs in some places, so use cover and precautions at about the same level you would use on double deck. I've been using this for over a year and have been keeping it under my hat, but with the heat I've been getting I figure the time for remaining unpublished is past and time to unleash the hordes on it. Good cards everyone!

  2. #2

    Default

    Zzone's first straight-up BJ AP post... I don't think we allow this sort of thing.
    Can you add a little about how to boost it with precognition or astrology? zg
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Atlanta area
    Posts
    3,188

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    Zzone's first straight-up BJ AP post... I don't think we allow this sort of thing.
    Can you add a little about how to boost it with precognition or astrology? zg
    We do now, ZG. You didn't see it coming with all that intuition PSI power you like to chat up?

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Automatic Monkey View Post
    Attachment 11544

    Figured it was about time for a blackjack post around here!

    This is a count I developed for playing 6:5 single deck BJ. I call it the "St. Jude Count," named after St. Jude, the Patron Saint of Lost Causes. What would be more appropriate for a 6:5 game, right?

    The count is level 3, with 53 indices plus insurance. Running count only, no true counting required which makes it a bit easier. You really want to use all the indices, sorry. I went through them all and picked out any of limited value, and they have already been removed. The relative value of the indices is different from a 3:2 game because you will be getting your big bets at a different point than a 3:2 game, and the ratio of the minimum to maximum bet in 6:5 will be much larger. I wouldn't recommend attacking this game with less than a 1:15 spread, but 1:20 is all you need. You can get SCOREs of 100 or more in good playing conditions.

    The count and the indices are also perfectly good for a 3:2 SD game. I wouldn't recommend a 1:20 spread in a 3:2 SD game though, if you plan on playing more than 5 minutes!

    Be advised that despite the "lost cause" of trying to beat 6:5, the casinos are aware it can be done and you will get heat and backoffs in some places, so use cover and precautions at about the same level you would use on double deck. I've been using this for over a year and have been keeping it under my hat, but with the heat I've been getting I figure the time for remaining unpublished is past and time to unleash the hordes on it. Good cards everyone!
    What is the amount of heat/scrutiny one can expect at 6/5?
    SF21 was good for a while, circa '99-'02, but then the casinos started watching it like regular 21.
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Third base
    Posts
    11,324

    Default

    Come in Dr AutoMonk... Are you still slaying the dread 6:5 dragon or has it slayed you?
    Dogma schmogma

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Automatic Monkey View Post
    Attachment 11544

    Figured it was about time for a blackjack post around here!

    This is a count I developed for playing 6:5 single deck BJ. I call it the "St. Jude Count," named after St. Jude, the Patron Saint of Lost Causes. What would be more appropriate for a 6:5 game, right?

    The count is level 3, with 53 indices plus insurance. Running count only, no true counting required which makes it a bit easier. You really want to use all the indices, sorry. I went through them all and picked out any of limited value, and they have already been removed. The relative value of the indices is different from a 3:2 game because you will be getting your big bets at a different point than a 3:2 game, and the ratio of the minimum to maximum bet in 6:5 will be much larger. I wouldn't recommend attacking this game with less than a 1:15 spread, but 1:20 is all you need. You can get SCOREs of 100 or more in good playing conditions.

    The count and the indices are also perfectly good for a 3:2 SD game. I wouldn't recommend a 1:20 spread in a 3:2 SD game though, if you plan on playing more than 5 minutes!

    Be advised that despite the "lost cause" of trying to beat 6:5, the casinos are aware it can be done and you will get heat and backoffs in some places, so use cover and precautions at about the same level you would use on double deck. I've been using this for over a year and have been keeping it under my hat, but with the heat I've been getting I figure the time for remaining unpublished is past and time to unleash the hordes on it. Good cards everyone!
    What kind of betting ramp would you recommend at particular counts? What does IBA% mean and why would you recommend this counting technique for 6/5 BJ over counting techniques that are already established?

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
    ...why would you recommend this counting technique for 6/5 BJ over counting techniques that are already established?
    For one thing, the compromised ace-value of a ZEN or Mentor count is more compatible with the reduced ace impact.
    Notwithstanding, most 6/5 games I see today have poor penetration AND the house is alert for bet spreads - the 6/5 requiring 1-15 or 20, so in mind the game is shot for all but holecarding.
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    For one thing, the compromised ace-value of a ZEN or Mentor count is more compatible with the reduced ace impact.
    Notwithstanding, most 6/5 games I see today have poor penetration AND the house is alert for bet spreads - the 6/5 requiring 1-15 or 20, so in mind the game is shot for all but holecarding.
    This technique that AutoMonkey came up with seems real similar to Mentor count looking at the tag values except for the 5, and the IRC being at -4. I would like to know if he calculated what the BC, PE, and IC are. A 1-15 or 1-20 spread is more than I'm looking to spread if that is what is required for 6/5. I've only played a 6/5 SD BJ game one time but I learned a lot. I only spread from 1-4 and left the table with a decent win. Penetration was about 55%-60%. I can still remember when I was playing that session alone one player came to the table and was spreading like a mad man that I thought for sure was going to draw some attention and it sure did. It may not have helped that I split tens a few times when I thought I had a good chance to make more money but I didn't care. A suit from up stairs came down to watch the game from behind the dealer and I knew what was up. During this game I was also able to get my first read on the dealers hole card by being observant. That's one thing I'll never forget. Crappy game but I leaned a valuable lesson.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
    This technique that AutoMonkey came up with seems real similar to Mentor count looking at the tag values except for the 5, and the IRC being at -4. I would like to know if he calculated what the BC, PE, and IC are. A 1-15 or 1-20 spread is more than I'm looking to spread if that is what is required for 6/5. I've only played a 6/5 SD BJ game one time but I learned a lot. I only spread from 1-4 and left the table with a decent win. Penetration was about 55%-60%. I can still remember when I was playing that session alone one player came to the table and was spreading like a mad man that I thought for sure was going to draw some attention and it sure did. It may not have helped that I split tens a few times when I thought I had a good chance to make more money but I didn't care. A suit from up stairs came down to watch the game from behind the dealer and I knew what was up. During this game I was also able to get my first read on the dealers hole card by being observant. That's one thing I'll never forget. Crappy game but I leaned a valuable lesson.
    That might have been me!

    The BC is close to .99 with those system tags, PE and IC just a little better than High-Low.

    When I last played it in LV CEC stores gave me quick and aggressive backoffs, MGM let me get away with it, and at the dinky little Casino Royale the dealer started shuffling me up so I got out of there. I don't play it much now, not very good at a full table.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Automatic Monkey View Post
    That might have been me!

    The BC is close to .99 with those system tags, PE and IC just a little better than High-Low.

    When I last played it in LV CEC stores gave me quick and aggressive backoffs, MGM let me get away with it, and at the dinky little Casino Royale the dealer started shuffling me up so I got out of there. I don't play it much now, not very good at a full table.
    If you have a close resemblance to Phil Ivey than that may have been you! The person that sat down with me at that hour was a Phil Ivey look-alike. I cannot say that I will put a lot of work in learning this system since I do not normally play 6/5 BJ, but I am pondering the possibilities of learning a new counting strategy.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Flori-DUH
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
    This technique that AutoMonkey came up with seems real similar to Mentor count looking at the tag values except for the 5, and the IRC being at -4. I would like to know if he calculated what the BC, PE, and IC are. A 1-15 or 1-20 spread is more than I'm looking to spread if that is what is required for 6/5. I've only played a 6/5 SD BJ game one time but I learned a lot. I only spread from 1-4 and left the table with a decent win. Penetration was about 55%-60%. I can still remember when I was playing that session alone one player came to the table and was spreading like a mad man that I thought for sure was going to draw some attention and it sure did. It may not have helped that I split tens a few times when I thought I had a good chance to make more money but I didn't care. A suit from up stairs came down to watch the game from behind the dealer and I knew what was up. During this game I was also able to get my first read on the dealers hole card by being observant. That's one thing I'll never forget. Crappy game but I leaned a valuable lesson.
    Actually, more like a variation of George C's Unbalanced Zen. Add +1 to 5s (from +2 to +3), and change 9 tag value from 0 to -1.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
    If you have a close resemblance to ********* than that may have been you! The person that sat down with me at that hour was a ********* look-alike. I cannot say that I will put a lot of work in learning this system since I do not normally play 6/5 BJ, but I am pondering the possibilities of learning a new counting strategy.
    No, but I think I saw the same guy.

    (Probably better to edit that.)

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Jewmerica
    Posts
    856

    Default

    [QUOTE=Automatic Monkey;186390]Attachment 11544

    Figured it was about time for a blackjack post around here!

    This is a count I developed for playing 6:5 single deck BJ. I call it the "St. Jude Count," named after St. Jude, the Patron Saint of Lost Causes. What would be more appropriate for a 6:5 game, right?

    The count is level 3, with 53 indices plus insurance. Running count only, no true counting required which makes it a bit easier. You really want to use all the indices, sorry. I went through them all and picked out any of limited value, and they have already been removed. The relative value of the indices is different from a 3:2 game because you will be getting your big bets at a different point than a 3:2 game, and the ratio of the minimum to maximum bet in 6:5 will be much larger. I wouldn't recommend attacking this game with less than a 1:15 spread, but 1:20 is all you need. You can get SCOREs of 100 or more in good playing conditions.

    The count and the indices are also perfectly good for a 3:2 SD game. I wouldn't recommend a 1:20 spread in a 3:2 SD game though, if you plan on playing more than 5 minutes!

    Be advised that despite the "lost cause" of trying to beat 6:5, the casinos are aware it can be done and you will get heat and backoffs in some places, so use cover and precautions at about the same level you would use on double deck. I've been using this for over a year and have been keeping it under my hat, but with the heat I've been getting I figure the time for remaining unpublished is past and time to unleash the hordes on it. Good cards everyone![/QUOTE

    I'm assuming this count would be just as useful for Super Fun 21 with the addition of side counting 8s and 9s. However, the game I have in mind is .50% penetration.
    Last edited by Svengarlicky; November 22nd, 2016 at 07:57 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. How to beat a polygraph EASILY
    By zengrifter in forum Non-Casino Advantage Play
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: September 1st, 2016, 08:07 PM
  2. Obama: "We Need To Beat Taliban To Stop New 9/11"
    By zengrifter in forum ZenZone General Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: August 20th, 2009, 08:40 PM
  3. Get Rid of The Fed And Purge The System
    By zengrifter in forum ZenZone General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 17th, 2009, 04:31 PM
  4. Chimpanzees Beat Humans in Memory
    By zengrifter in forum ZenZone General Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: July 18th, 2008, 02:02 AM
  5. Chimps beat college students in cognitive tests
    By zengrifter in forum ZenZone General Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: December 19th, 2007, 12:22 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts