+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Grigori Perelman claims he can control Universe -

Default Grigori Perelman claims he can control Universe -

Grigori Perelman claims he can control Universe

"When asked why he refused from the prize of one million dollars, Perelman responded:
    "I know how to control the Universe. Why would I run to get a million, tell me?"

28.04.2011 / Pravda.ru

Grigori Perelman, a brilliant mathematician from St. Petersbrug, who became famous worldwide after he had solved the Poincare conjecture, has finally explained his refusal to accept a million-dollar prize. According to the Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper, the secluded scientist opened his heart to a journalist and producer of a film company, which is going to make a documentary about him.

"Perelman produces an impression of an absolutely sane, healthy, adequate and normal person. He is realistic, pragmatic and clearheaded, but also sentimental at the same time. What the media say and write about him - that he is off his head - all of that is nonsense. He knows what he wants and he knows how to get it," the journalist wrote after the interview.

When asked why he refused from the prize of one million dollars, Perelman responded: "I know how to control the Universe. Why would I run to get a million, tell me?"

Perelman also said that he does not communicate with journalists because they are not interested in science. Instead, they want to know all details about his everyday and personal life. They want to know why the mathematician refused from the million and whether he cuts his hair and nails. The scientist also said that he is offended by the media calling him Grisha, which is a usual short for Grigori.

"We were trying to solve the tasks which required abstract thinking. The distraction from mathematical logic was exactly the point of the daily training. One had to imagine a piece of the world in order to find the correct solution. Do you remember the Biblical story about Jesus Christ walking on water? I had to calculate the speed with which he had to move on the water surface not to fall through."

Since that time, Perelman devoted his activity to studying the nature of three-dimensional space of the Universe.

"It's very interesting. I am trying to embrace the boundless. Anything that is boundless can be embraced," he said.

The scientist was working on his dissertation under the direction of academician Aleksandrov. "The subject was not hard: "Saddle surfaces in Euclidean geometry." Can you imagine equal-sized and irregularly spaced surfaces in infinity? We have to measure the cavities between them," the mathematician said.

MORE- http://english.pravda.ru/science/tec...ri_Perelman-0/

No offence intended, but this matematician looks like a real mad men to me.
    When you have eliminated all the impossible, whatever remains, however implausible, must be the logic truth...

Quote Originally Posted by Arkham Knight View Post
    No offence intended, but this matematician looks like a real mad men to me.
    He reminds me of Stephen Wolfram (see below)

See also -- The Man Who Cracked The Code to Everything
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    He reminds me of Stephen Wolfram (see below)

See also -- The Man Who Cracked The Code to Everything
    I think all these weird geniuses might be part of some kind of secret organisation.
    When you have eliminated all the impossible, whatever remains, however implausible, must be the logic truth...

Quote Originally Posted by Arkham Knight View Post
    I think all these weird geniuses might be part of some kind of secret organisation.
    Throw them all into Arkham Asylum!!
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

+ Reply to Thread