+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Roman Catholic church: deadly enemy of mankind

Default The Roman Catholic church: deadly enemy of mankind

I'll begin supporting my banner claim with the nine Catholic-sponsored Crusades to the Holy Land. Countless victims died on both sides during these abortive campaigns that ultimately proved futile and were doomed from the start. For 250 years, the Knights Templar were employed by the Vatican as their mercenary muscle to organize and train holy crusaders for the endless campaigns.

But the intrigue-obsessed Vatican decreed that the Templars had become too powerful and their faithful service was abruptly terminated when they were all seized and put to death throughout France and Italy. Templar estates and properties were stolen and became more Vatican assets. Today, English descendants are currently suing the Vatican for return of the stolen assets, said to be worth more than US$100 million.

Next came the 600-year reign of terror called the Inquisition. French author and nobel prize-winner, Victor Hugo estimated the number of victims of the Inquisition at five million, over 600 years. You can inspect the Catholic Encyclopaedia yourself on Google, where it states words to the effect that the Inquisition was caused by only a few 'bad popes' and the number of victims was around 6000. (SIX THOUSAND.) Somebody's figures are way off!

Today's Western society cannot begin to appreciate the horror and fear emanating from Rome during this dark period of human history. If Hugo's figures are anywhere near accurate, then the Inquisition rivalled the Holocaust for organized killing on a grand scale.

Much of the torture and killing was carried out by Dominican and Franciscan monks who had taken sacred vows to carry out any orders emanating from Rome. Rome has consistently tried to cover up these terrible long-term crimes against humanity. State officials are blamed by Rome as having done the dirty work. But it is true that some state officials did indeed carry out killings, however, those that did were always under threat of ex-communication from Rome if orders were not carried out. And in the case of the faithful monks, they were trained experts in torture and killing and only too willing to follow the church's orders.

Then came the modern disclosure of priestly pedophilia, child molesting that had been endemic and embedded in Catholic priestly tradition since it began. God only knows how many innocent lives were damaged or destroyed down through the ages, when the church was supposed to be protecting its congregations and communities, but instead, certain corrupt individuals and officials were accepting bribes (indulgences) for favors, and preying on young people in most evil ways.

This corrupt organization somehow finds itself still operating in today's world. It has accumulated vast wealth, mostly in real estate world-wide.

Pope Benedict recently changed the church's view on condoms and now, condoms may be OK in 'certain circumstances.' Millions of Africans have died from Aids. Catholic Africans have been forbidden to use condoms, which may have saved many from infection and death.

The deadly enemy of humanity has now begun its self-destruction. Benedict will be the final pope. 2012 will see the final days of the Church of Rome. That final day will be a time of great celebration and rejoicing, all over the world.
    Last edited by Katweezel; December 9th, 2010 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Good riddance
    Dogma schmogma

Quote Originally Posted by Katweezel View Post
    But the intrigue-obsessed Vatican decreed that the Templars had become too powerful and their faithful service was abruptly terminated when they were all seized and put to death throughout France and Italy. Templar estates and properties were stolen and became more Vatican assets. Today, English descendants are currently suing the Vatican for return of the stolen assets, said to be worth more than US$100 million.
    From the Story of Jacque DeMolay >>
    The year 1307 saw the beginning of the persecution of the Knights. Jacques DeMolay, along with hundreds of others, were seized and thrown into dungeons. For seven years, Jacques DeMolay and the Knights suffered torture and inhuman conditions. The inquisitors would go to any means to extract the confessions that would damn the order in the eyes of the people and the Catholic Church While the Knights did not end, Philip managed to force Pope Clement to condemn the Templars. Their wealth and property were confiscated and given to Philip's supporters.

During years of torture, Jacques DeMolay continued to be loyal to his friends and Knights. He refused to disclose the location of the funds of the Order and he refused to betray his comrades. On March 18, 1314, DeMolay was tried by a special court. As evidence, the court depended on a forged confession, allegedly signed by Jacques DeMolay. He disavowed the forged confession. Under the laws of the time, the disavowal of a confession was punishable by death. Another Knight, Guy of Auvergne, likewise disavowed his confession and stood with Jacques DeMolay.
    More >>
    King Philip ordered them both to be burned at the stake that day, Jacques DeMolay was then taken to an island on the Siene and burned along with Guy of Auvergne the Preceptor of Normandy. There are many accounts of Jacques DeMolay's dying words, but the one of the foremost Templar scholars records them as follows:

"It is just that, in so terrible a day, and in the last moments of my life, I should discover all the iniquity of falsehood, and make the truth triumph. I declare, then, in the face of heaven and earth, and acknowledge, though to my eternal shame, that I have committed the greatest crimes but it has been the acknowledging of those which have been so foully charged on the order. I attest - and truth obliges me to attest - that it is innocent! I made the contrary declaration only to suspend the excessive pains of torture, and to mollify those who made me endure them. I know the punishments which have been inflicted on all the knights who had the courage to revoke a similar confession; but the dreadful spectacle which is presented to me is not able to make me confirm one lie by another. The life offered me on such infamous terms I abandon without regret."

Reports say they were slowly roasted over a hot, smokeless fire prolonging their agony as their flesh slowly cooked and blackened. Jacques DeMolay insisted that his hands were not to be bound so that he could pray in his final moments and before he died he cursed both Philip and Pope Clement, summoning both of them to appear before God, the supreme judge, before the year was out. His last words were, "Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us - God will avenge us." Guy of Advernge is reported to have added, "I shall follow the way of my master as a martyr you have killed him. You have done and know not. God willing, on this day, I shall die in the Order like him."

The chilling irony of the conclusion of this story is that Jacques DeMolay's final words did, in fact, come true. Pope Clement V died only a month later on April 20th (he is suspected of having cancer of the bowel) and Philip IV was killed while on a hunting trip on November 29th 1314. True to the claim both men did indeed die within the year of Jacques DeMolay's own death.

Last edited by zengrifter; December 11th, 2010 at 06:06 PM.
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

Default Thank you both!

*BTW-check out Doug Stanhopes' website-he has a most remarkable item for sale!!!
    Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone,somewhere, may be happy"
    H.L.Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by prankster View Post
    *BTW-check out Doug Stanhopes' website-he has a most remarkable item for sale!!!
    Very funny haha. You have a atrange sense of holiday jeer. zg

Doug Stanhope T-Shirts for Sale. Just in time for Xmas! >>

Just a quick holiday note to remember that Christmas is not about crashing around Wal-Mart and Best Buy hoarding garbage for people you don't even like. It's not even about family, friends, pretty lights or drummer boys.

Christmas is about Jesus and your responsibility is dispelling the whole ridiculous idea of him. Don't buy this t-shirt for someone as a X-mas gift. Buy it for yourself to wear and upset other people who - in spite of all logic and reason - still believe in such dull-minded hogwash.
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........

Default yes you're right

ZG-
    my sense of holiday jeer is strange-but certainly no stranger than yours or Kats!
    Have a great week-end fellow saved folk!
    H.L.Mencken

my sense of holiday jeer is strange-but certainly no stranger than yours or Kats! Have a great week-end fellow saved folk!
    You can be our token atheist. zg

Were the Sioux and Cheyenne atheists? How about the guy who prayed to Thor?
    H.L.Mencken

Were the Sioux and Cheyenne atheists? How about the guy who prayed to Thor?
    Nyet comrade. All deists. zg

As were most of the Founding Fathers! Say ooooorah!
    H.L.Mencken

As were most of the Founding Fathers! Say ooooorah!
    From Our Founding Fathers Were Not Christians>>
    None of the Founding Fathers were atheists. Most of the Founders were Deists, which is to say they thought the universe had a creator, but that he does not concern himself with the daily lives of humans, and does not directly communicate with humans, either by revelation or by sacred books. They spoke often of God, (Nature's God or the God of Nature), but this was not the God of the bible. They did not deny that there was a person called Jesus, and praised him for his benevolent teachings, but they flatly denied his divinity. Some people speculate that if Charles Darwin had lived a century earlier, the Founding Fathers would have had a basis for accepting naturalistic origins of life, and they would have been atheists. Most of them were stoutly opposed to the bible, and the teachings of Christianity in particular.

Yes, there were Christian men among the Founders. Just as Congress removed Thomas Jefferson's words that condemned the practice of slavery in the colonies, they also altered his wording regarding equal rights. His original wording is here in blue italics: "All men are created equal and independent. From that equal creation they derive rights inherent and inalienable." Congress changed that phrase, increasing its religious overtones: "All men are created equal. They are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights." But we are not governed by the Declaration of Independence-- it is a historical document, not a constitutional one.

Default European salesman in Middle East meets grisly death

)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Dogma schmogma

Default Dance of the seven veils unmasks surprise

)
    Dogma schmogma

Default Pop goes the weasel

)