+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why I Hate Thanksgiving ... CONTINUED FROM BJINFO

Default Why I Hate Thanksgiving ... CONTINUED FROM BJINFO

Why I Hate Thanksgiving ... CONTINUED FROM BJINFO
    Originally Posted by Billy C1
    Wars are never fought without collateral damage.
    There is a big difference between collateral damage and intentional war crimes.
    Bombing civilians, killing a third of the pop, is genocidal war crime. zg
    Last edited by zengrifter; December 2nd, 2010 at 06:59 PM.
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

Originally Posted by Automatic Monkey
    ... American Indian ancestry, as well as black or white ancestry, and they celebrate Thanksgiving just like anybody else. How the hell can you say people have been destroyed when they are still here?
    I don't think they celebrate TG and Columbus Day like you and me, Bwana. zg
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........

Originally Posted by zengrifter
    Deeper than that - we are literally all ONE -
    we must embrace the PRIOR UNITY that underlies all manifestation. zg

See - Handbook for Human Survival – 723
    ASLAN -- I don't come at it from exactly that angle, but the saints do see everybody as "Jesus in disguise, sometimes in distressing disguise (in the words of Mother Teresa)." [And the King shall answer and say to them, Truly I say to you, Inasmuch as you have done it to one of the least of these my brothers, you have done it to me. Matthew 25:40 KJV]

Originally Posted by aslan
    There will never be world peace without dreams and dreamers. National defense is an obvious necessity. Is duplicity? Is double dealing? Reagan told it like it was and the wall came down. Just maybe, standing for something, both openly and behind the scenes is the best way to go. What differentiates us from our enemies, if behind the scenes we employ every measure we condemn in them? How do we differ from out enemies if we adopt their philosophy that the end justifies the means? Something to think about anyway.
    BILLY C1 -- Yes, there's a lot to think about. Dreams and dreamers are GOOD things as long as reality is factored in. I can imagine that good intelligence often calls for less than desired methods, just like interrogation does,and it's quite doubtful that the other guys are "playing fair" so where does that leave us? How much would you trust Kim Jon Il or Akminedjab (sp?)???? Enough to go soft on intelligence? Not me.
    Thread has remained quite civil (unless I missed some posts)

Originally Posted by Billy C1
    Yes, there's a lot to think about. Dreams and dreamers are GOOD things as long as reality is factored in.
    I can imagine that good intelligence often calls for less than desired methods, just like interrogation does,and it's quite doubtful that the other guys are "playing fair" so where does that leave us?
    How much would you trust Kim Jon Il or Akminedjab (sp?)???? Enough to go soft on intelligence? Not me.
    Thread has remained quite civil (unless I missed some posts)

BillyC1
    ASLAN -- Reality can be overstated or misinterpreted. For the religious man, the reality of God plays a big part.

You brought up a good one--the interrogation issue. I can't for the life of me see how an anti-torture value trumps a pro-life value. I mean, isn't the saving of one innocent life worth the torture of an enemy combatant intent on killing us? I guess I'm just not into the new morality. I always thought we should take all steps possible to save our countrymen's lives in a wartime situation. I guess my moral code is immoral by modern standards.

On a personal note, I doubt I would serve a military combat role if called to do so, but I would volunteer to serve on the front lines as a medic or rescue personnel. I am not saying that killing in a war context is immoral, just that because of my present mental makeup I would have a difficult time actually ending another person's life. If forced to serve a combat role, I'd probably be the first to go [ie, get killed] due to my reluctance. But maybe not. Who knows what you might do under fire. I am very grateful to those who do serve in my defense.

Reality can be overstated or misinterpreted. For the religious man, the reality of God plays a big part.

You brought up a good one--the interrogation issue. I can't for the life of me see how an anti-torture value trumps a pro-life value. I mean, isn't the saving of one innocent life worth the torture of an enemy combatant intent on killing us? I guess I'm just not into the new morality. I always thought we should take all steps possible to save our countrymen's lives in a wartime situation. I guess my moral code is immoral by modern standards.
    MOO 321 -- On a personal note, I doubt I would serve a military combat role if called to do so, but I would volunteer to serve on the front lines as a medic or rescue personnel. I am not saying that killing in a war context is immoral, just that because of my present mental makeup I would have a difficult time actually ending another person's life. If forced to serve a combat role, I'd probably be the first to go due to my reluctance. But maybe not. Who knows what you might do under fire. I am very grateful to those who do serve in my defense.

I could shoot someone in a defensive war, or if it was clearly just to fight this war, as in WWII. I don't think I could serve in a combat role in any of the current wars.

Reality can be overstated or misinterpreted. For the religious man, the reality of God plays a big part.

On a personal note, I doubt I would serve a military combat role if called to do so, but I would volunteer to serve on the front lines as a medic or rescue personnel. I am not saying that killing in a war context is immoral, just that because of my present mental makeup I would have a difficult time actually ending another person's life. If forced to serve a combat role, I'd probably be the first to go due to my reluctance. But maybe not. Who knows what you might do under fire. I am very grateful to those who do serve in my defense.
    How true. I don't see many military people in the rural midwest but I always attempt to give a short verbal "Thank You" to any I see.

BillyC1

Reagan told it like it was and the wall came down. Just maybe, standing for something, both openly and behind the scenes is the best way to go.
    As much damage as Reagan did, he probably actually believed it, albeit deluded as he were. zg

Boy, that Sonny has a nerve! He closes this thread over there, but not before posting an image containing English Crusader Knights, complete with their blood-red christian crosses. How controversial was that?
    Dogma schmogma

Quote Originally Posted by Katweezel View Post
    Boy, that Sonny has a nerve! He closes this thread over there, but not before posting an image containing English Crusader Knights, complete with their blood-red christian crosses. How controversial was that?
    You speak of the Sonny of Nottingham? He does his job and we do ours.
    Welcome back Brother Katweez! zg

The Sonny of Nottingham steals the show!

Excerpt: http://rense.com/general45/thanks2.htm

The first official Thanksgiving wasn't a festive gathering of Indians and Pilgrims,
    but rather a celebration of the massacre of 700 Pequot men, women and children, an anthropologist says.

Due to age and illness his voice cracks as he talks about the holiday, but William B. Newell, 84, talks with force as he discusses Thanksgiving. Newell, a Penobscot, has degrees from two universities, and was the former chairman of the anthropology department at the University of Connecticut.
    "Thanksgiving Day was first officially proclaimed by the Governor of the Massachusetts Bay Colony in 1637 to commemorate the massacre of 700 men, women and children who were celebrating their annual green corn dance-Thanksgiving Day to them-in their own house," Newell said.

"Gathered in this place of meeting they were attacked by mercenaries and Dutch and English. The Indians were ordered from the building and as they came forth they were shot down. The rest were burned alive in the building," he said. Newell based his research on studies of Holland Documents and the 13 volume Colonial Documentary History, both thick sets of letters and reports from colonial officials to their superiors and the king in England, and the private papers of Sir William Johnson, British Indian agent for the New York colony for 30 years in the mid-1600s.

"My research is authentic because it is documentary," Newell said. "You can't get anything more accurate than that because it is first hand. It is not hearsay."
    Newell said the next 100 Thanksgivings commemorated the killing of the Indians at what is now Groton, Ct. [home of a nuclear submarine base] rather than a celebration with them. He said the image of Indians and Pilgrims sitting around a large table to celebrate Thanksgiving Day was "fictitious" although Indians did share food with the first settlers.

Default Why Thanksgiving Sucks

Do YOU celebrate Thanksgiving for a valid reason?

------------
    Peaceful Countries Do Not Celebrate Thanksgiving
    Source: DISINFO

"The First Thanksgiving at Plymouth" by Jennie A. Brownscombe (1914).

Thanksgiving commemorates the successful harvest and a time the Pilgrims gathered to give thanks, sharing a feast with their Native American neighbors, who had made possible their survival in the New England wilderness.

“Come, Ye Thankful People, Come” written by Henry “Dean” Alford, the gifted Christian leader of the 19th century and distinguished theologian and scholar, is considered to be one of the finest harvest and Thanksgiving hymns in all of the hymnals of Christian singing.

Writers and textbook publishers of American history have generally omitted or, if mentioned at all, glossed over historic accounts of genocide and inhumane treatment of American Indian populations.

The mythology of the American Revolution, the Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights is a national story of great significance to the way the United States views itself.

The United States of America was founded on the fundamental principle of freedom of religion. America’s Founding Fathers believed that religious freedom and a strong democratic system were inseparable but only for Christians.

The American Indians worshiped the Earth instead of Jesus Christ, and according to an interpretation of the Bible, they had no soul. Therefore, early settlers believed it was OK with God to break our word, steal their land and slaughter them like the other sentient creatures we torture and kill so we can get a hamburger for a dollar.

“The only good Indian is a dead Indian” was the battle cry as we let nothing stand in the way of our Manifest Destiny.

The Indians were not violent savage people as they are depicted in our filtered history books, movies and the Encore Western Channel.

Unlike the societies of civilized savages, the indigenous populations didn’t kill for land, resources and power. The Indians were brave warriors that fought hard to try to keep their families safe and worked together to share and provide food, clothing and shelter to people in need (like the Pilgrims).

Every Thanksgiving you will find Leigh Girl doing a live Peace Paint in memory of the Indians that were slaughtered then and throughout history. She is sorry for what injustice has been done in the past to such a beautiful people.

“I myself am always sad on Thanksgiving when I think of the human rights violations committed against the indigenous populations all over the world, who only wanted to live in harmony with the Earth.” Visit her website www.facepaint.ws.

Actually, the American Indians presented other problems for the “white man” givers.

Indians held a special knowledge of the land and its inhabitants, and believed they were only a small part of the whole circle of life, and that each part of creation played a significant role in the contentment and survival of the other.

Indians accepted the divine idea that all things were equal and no animal, including man, held dominion over other parts of creation. American Indians, also known as the People of the Land, traditionally and historically believed, humans were created to be caretakers of the garden — Mother Earth. They held all things of creation sacred and respected Nature.

Never take more than we need;

Thank Creator for what we have or what we will receive;
    Use all of what we have;
    Give away what we do not need.

Native Americans were environmental communists.

-end-

King James Bible
    And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

This gibberish bullshit sentence from the Hebrew Bible more than any other, has been responsible for the continued rape and pillage of planet Earth and for the continued degradation of the environment.

Name:  indian65.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  30.2 KBName:  indian75.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  55.0 KBName:  indian8675.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  50.5 KBName:  indian99.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  59.0 KBName:  sleepeyes.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  33.8 KB

Why do YOU celebrate TG?

+ Reply to Thread