+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looting Main Street

Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    Jews are the classic scapegoat. I guess fortunately, my Jewish friends hardly have two dimes to rub together, let alone go into the business of lending them out.
    Speaking of which (shylocks) >>

THE SHYLOCKS MEET THE FAGINS BY GILAD ATZMON

THURSDAY, APRIL 8, 2010 AT 3:49PM GILAD ATZMON

Western cultural heritage provides us with a few interesting fictional characters who may be able to throw light on the current moral state of Israel and the latest organ trafficking affair in particular.

In Shakespeare’s The Merchant of Venice Shylock is a Jewish moneylender, a character who has become a name of the ultimate heartless usurer. In the play Shylock lends money to his Christian rival, Antonio, setting the bond at a pound of Antonio's flesh. Once Antonio fails to pay his loan back, Shylock demands the pound of flesh in return. Though Shylock is just a fictional character, the willingness to attach a price tag to blood or human flesh is rather revealing.

MORE- http://www.gilad.co.uk/writings/the-...ad-atzmon.html
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    Speaking of which (shylocks) >>

THE SHYLOCKS MEET THE FAGINS BY GILAD ATZMON

THURSDAY, APRIL 8, 2010 AT 3:49PM GILAD ATZMON

Western cultural heritage provides us with a few interesting fictional characters who may be able to throw light on the current moral state of Israel and the latest organ trafficking affair in particular.

In Shakespeare’s The Merchant of Venice Shylock is a Jewish moneylender, a character who has become a name of the ultimate heartless usurer. In the play Shylock lends money to his Christian rival, Antonio, setting the bond at a pound of Antonio's flesh. Once Antonio fails to pay his loan back, Shylock demands the pound of flesh in return. Though Shylock is just a fictional character, the willingness to attach a price tag to blood or human flesh is rather revealing.

MORE- http://www.gilad.co.uk/writings/the-...ad-atzmon.html
    Heck, I'll loan you money. How much you need? You'll have two weeks to pay it back. Don't make me send Guido after you with a baseball bat. Capish?
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

“It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

Heck, I'll loan you money. How much you need? You'll have two weeks to pay it back. Don't make me send Guido after you with a baseball bat. Capish?
    Speaking of which, Moooooooo started posting again, and dropped me
    a short one-line PM: "I'm working on it." Then he went silent again. zg
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    Speaking of which, Moooooooo started posting again, and dropped me
    a short one-line PM: "I'm working on it." Then he went silent again. zg
    Moo? O my! oom! o(om)y! Oy! Ain't words grand?
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

First, let me say I am not an expert in the history of the time. But off the top of my head, it appears at least worth investigating first what was the ratio of Jewish money lenders to non-Jewish money lenders during that period of history, if any reliable source can be found. This would ensure that the series itself is not antisemitic.
    The series asserts that in the era when pious Christians were precluded from making loans with interest due to proscriptions against usury, they turned to Jews as middlemen who could collect interest on loans without being condemned by the Church. It don't recall all of the nuances of how the transactions were handled and it was clearly a bit of a wink wink, nudge nudge situation. Of course the view of intersest as good thing rather than usurious changed over time, but by then Jewish money lenders had achieved some noteriety.
    Elsewhere in the series, the roll of the Rothschild family in bankrolling various European governments' military campaigns is discussed. Because the family earned huge profits on those loans and combined their resources across national boundaries, they also earned the distain of populations who suffered during those wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Diver View Post
    Elsewhere in the series, the roll of the Rothschild family in bankrolling various European governments' military campaigns is discussed. Because the family earned huge profits on those loans and combined their resources across national boundaries, they also earned the distain of populations who suffered during those wars.
    But by that time, Jews were not the only powerful bankers in play. But it was good that you reminded us how Jews became associated with money lending in the first place.
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Default Cash is king

I know I will be veering off the path of talking about picking on Jews and slinging beer cans about in bringing this up but... Currently it's a "buyers market" out there for just about EVERYTHING, amazingly enough. This unfortunate economic downturn has unearthed a few unique opportunities if you have the cash to wheel and deal, a few of which I know of first-hand because I am profiting from them. Who the heck knows how many I don't know about.

The sad part of the equation is that these sorts of "buyers market" sweet deals exist due to cash poor people in desperate situations that they just did not anticipate. Remember all those cute little nursery tales such as "The three little pigs" and the one about the squirrel who saved the nuts for the Winter and was always thinking ahead, working and saving while his fellow wildlife creatures laughed at him for being an idiot and not enjoying a fine Summer's day that we all heard when we were like 5 years old? Some people apparently did not get the hidden f*cking message of those cute little nursery tales.

I know people that historically made amazing money making their living but somehow never managed to get beyond living week to week and paycheck to paycheck! OOOPS! Making 160,000 a year plus a bonus, living quite well, doing things such as thinking nothing of installing custom drapes from the finest interior decorator (one of those "status" things) to the tune of 40,000 so they can brag to their family and friends about just how much cash they dropped for custom drapes, etc. Then one fine day, everything goes down the sh*tter, they lose their stockbroker job and never even THOUGHT about the possibility of the cash flow situation going sour. They bust out to flat broke in nothing flat and go under in the "slow train wreck" method. They have a lot of debt due to the standard of living they are accustomed to... Ooops... have to let the maid go! In a few months time your average panhandler on the Atlantic City boardwalk is wealthier than them...

There are people around that will "help them out" since they will have some incredibly valuable things to hock off for 10 cents on the dollar if they are desperate enough...Cash is King!
    Last edited by Tarzan; April 9th, 2010 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarzan View Post
    I know I will be veering off the path of talking about picking on Jews and slinging beer cans about in bringing this up but... Currently it's a "buyers market" out there for just about EVERYTHING, amazingly enough. This unfortunate economic downturn has unearthed a few unique opportunities if you have the cash to wheel and deal, a few of which I know of first-hand because I am profiting from them. Who the heck knows how many I don't know about.

The sad part of the equation is that these sorts of "buyers market" sweet deals exist due to cash poor people in desperate situations that they just did not anticipate. Remember all those cute little nursery tales such as "The three little pigs" and the one about the squirrel who saved the nuts for the Winter and was always thinking ahead, working and saving while his fellow wildlife creatures laughed at him for being an idiot and not enjoying a fine Summer's day that we all heard when we were like 5 years old? Some people apparently did not get the hidden f*cking message of those cute little nursery tales.

I know people that historically made amazing money making their living but somehow never managed to get beyond living week to week and paycheck to paycheck! OOOPS! Making 160,000 a year plus a bonus, living quite well, doing things such as thinking nothing of installing custom drapes from the finest interior decorator (one of those "status" things) to the tune of 40,000 so they can brag to their family and friends about just how much cash they dropped for custom drapes, etc. Then one fine day, everything goes down the sh*tter, they lose their stockbroker job and never even THOUGHT about the possibility of the cash flow situation going sour. They bust out to flat broke in nothing flat and go under in the "slow train wreck" method. They have a lot of debt due to the standard of living they are accustomed to... Ooops... have to let the maid go! In a few months time your average panhandler on the Atlantic City boardwalk is wealthier than them...

There are people around that will "help them out" since they will have some incredibly valuable things to hock off for 10 cents on the dollar if they are desperate enough...Cash is King!
    True, and I understand the point you are making, but not everyone decimated by this storm ever had the opportunity to build their homes out of brick, because it was too expensive for them even when times were good for most of us. I hope the government distinguishes between those who lost everything through no fault of their own, and those who deliberately built their homes out of hay, hoping to use the money they saved to get rich. Some deserved what they got, and others I feel real compassion for. But, yes, cash is king...at least, for the time being. Let's hope the next storm does not take down brick...can you say, tsunami?
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

But by that time, Jews were not the only powerful bankers in play. But it was good that you reminded us how Jews became associated with money lending in the first place.
    Yes, but apparently only their combined assets were adequate to fund some of the major invasions. The point is they became the object of both envy and blame for that roll and it tied into already existing antisemetic views.

Yes, but apparently only their combined assets were adequate to fund some of the major invasions. The point is they became the object of both envy and blame for that roll and it tied into already existing antisemetic views.
    Major invasions? Without a single gentile dollar? Just asking for the proven facts.
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Major invasions? Without a single gentile dollar? Just asking for the proven facts.
    The familiy had amassed a large fortune in the 18th Century but really came into prominence during the Napoleonic wars by financing the bullion that the various countries needed. They had banks in England, France, Austria, Italy, Spain and Germany and became noted for providing bonds for government loans. One of the most famous episodes involved buying up all available British bonds within days after news of the Battle of Waterloo arrived and then selling them a few years later for a huge profit as the bond price bounced in the post-war period. View the PBS series, it's worth the time.

The familiy had amassed a large fortune in the 18th Century but really came into prominence during the Napoleonic wars by financing the bullion that the various countries needed. They had banks in England, France, Austria, Italy, Spain and Germany and became noted for providing bonds for government loans. One of the most famous episodes involved buying up all available British bonds within days after news of the Battle of Waterloo arrived and then selling them a few years later for a huge profit as the bond price bounced in the post-war period. View the PBS series, it's worth the time.
    Well, that didn't answer my question. I assume you're referring to the Rothschilds (I think you mentioned them is some former post). I know they amassed great wealth.

My question was whether they, or they and other Jewish families/institutions, were the only ones involved in financing major invasions, or were there significant gentile contributions to those selfsame endeavors? I'm not trying to trick you, I'm just not educated in this area, and I know there is a lot of propaganda, even further back than the Third Reich, on this subject. It's all right to say you don't know--I certainly don't know. But I tend to be skeptical of claims that the Jews were responsible for this or that major world event; it just seems to convenient.
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Well, that didn't answer my question. I assume you're referring to the Rothschilds (I think you mentioned them is some former post). I know they amassed great wealth.

My question was whether they, or they and other Jewish families/institutions, were the only ones involved in financing major invasions, or were there significant gentile contributions to those selfsame endeavors? I'm not trying to trick you, I'm just not educated in this area, and I know there is a lot of propaganda, even further back than the Third Reich, on this subject. It's all right to say you don't know--I certainly don't know. But I tend to be skeptical of claims that the Jews were responsible for this or that major world event; it just seems to convenient.
    I'm in complete agreement with your last comment and I hope I wasn't appearing to support any anti-semetic viewpoint. My only reason for making the reference to the roll of Jews as money lenders (before the Church lightened up on usury) and to the Rothschilds was to say those developments appear to have fed the view of Jews as conducting well-organized, financially powerful operations. I think that apart from the basic social/cultural separation between Jews and gentiles historically, the wealth factor would inspire envy on the part outsiders and fuel anti-semetic sentiments that much more.
    I don't know who else was involved in funding the various governments' projects and military campaigns. I assume the Rothschilds weren't the only ones. But they were involved enough to earn a reputation for being extremely powerful. Of course I don't think transparency was part of their operating method, so that provided for the usual rumoring, etc. which since they were Jews would tend toward anti-semetism.
    Last edited by Diver; April 10th, 2010 at 12:02 PM.

Regarding the Jefferson County sewerage fiasco, it's amazing (to me) to read of the corporate behaviour of such firms as Goldem Sacks and other giants of the US financial world. Aslan, you said something about boards are or should be moral. What's gone wrong there, as illustrated by the voracious feeding frenzy of some of these moral corporate companies?
    Dogma schmogma

Default where's the beef?

It's interesting how easy it is to go off on tangents rather than deal with the core issues that were originally raised. That's not intended as a criticism of anyone or any issue raised, just an observation that the system moves along undisturbed while those under its domination flounder about.

I thought the PBS series on the Ascent of Money was relevant to ZG's original post about the plundering of Main Street, i.e. the productive core of the American economy. Both address how huge concentrations of capital seek to inflate markets in order to expand. But perhaps the fact that both sources wind up identifying the domination achieved by the large financial institutions, it's no more inviting to those of us here to discuss than it is for the government to try and get under control. Of course, those who believe it's wrong to even attempt a measure of control, to interfer with the free market, are invited to reflect on Alan Greenspan's comments before Congress which I previously referred to as his Last Rites for Market Fundamentalism. But I fear it's the controlled economies we're seeing expand in Asia and South Asia that will determine the course of economic growth and subsequent social circumstances. Unless we develop some means for economic expansion to translate better to the wellfare of our entire population rather than a small portion, we're in big trouble.

+ Reply to Thread