+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Trinity concept

Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    I saw him in a piece by Ben Stein. Unimpressive. Hardly coherent as I recall. Did you see it?
    With Ben Stein huh, Ferris Beullers teacher right? Or is he a pitchman for eyedrops? Real sparkling resume. Maybe Dawkins can give up his PHD's and play bit parts in movies and be a commercial schill to really impress you.

I saw him in a piece by Ben Stein. Unimpressive. Hardly coherent as I recall. Did you see it?
    So you base your opinion on a very intelligent man with an opinion different than yours by watching a bit piece with a hack actor wannabe scholar. I see you've done your usual due diligence and research. If you want to learn anything in life its best to form your opinions based on the knowledge at hand for both sides. Not just by choosing what suits your side, and ignoring what may scare you from the other side if you learn something by it. That is the epitome of ignorance. I started out on your side. But I chose to expand my knowledge to refute the people out there like me now. Guess what, having vast knowledge of both sides I had to change my thinking. It wasn't easy, but its the honest choice. You need to understand more than is given to you by the pedophile, or protector of pedophilia that you kneel to every Sunday in your church.

)
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Dogma schmogma

And by the way Aslan, the concept commonly given by christians of the Trinity is not the original idea. I went over this before. The original concept was of earthly origin but it raised too many doubts to the divinity of Jesus that it was left on the cutting room floor. What you have learned was told to give your tale of God and Jesus a more comfortable fit. That is not opinion, it is fact. And I gaurantee Ben Stein won't be giving you the truth anytime soon.

But no single part of a human is the complete man. Each part of the Trinity is fully God on a stand alone basis, yet there is only one God. It's the difference between how things work in the infinite realm and how they work in the finite world.

Well said, Aslan! Post-of-the-month material.

That's a different concept than the Christian one.
    Yes, thank GOD! zg

"I and the father are One ... AND so are ALL of you!" (What Issa REALLY said)
    Last edited by zengrifter; April 3rd, 2010 at 09:36 PM.
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

Quote Originally Posted by MAZ View Post
    With Ben Stein huh, Ferris Beullers teacher right? Or is he a pitchman for eyedrops? Real sparkling resume. Maybe Dawkins can give up his PHD's and play bit parts in movies and be a commercial schill to really impress you.
    The interview was of Dawkins. I was prepared to be awed. He was very disappointing. That's all I'm saying. Have you ever heard him speak?
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

“It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    Yes, thank GOD! zg

"I and the father are One ... AND so are ALL of you!" (What Issa REALLY said)
    What is it about what you just said that thrills you? It leaves me flat. We are all one. I don't get it.

It's like they believe that we are not what we seem to be. Everything is illusory. In reality we are all one.

It seems like a construct to deny what really is. Like, you and I are different. You're responsible for what you do and I'm separately responsible for what I do. We may have bonds, be brothers or friends, but we still remain separate. That's the reality that the religion seems to be in denial of.
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Default Post of the Month award

Quote Originally Posted by tribute View Post
    Well said, Aslan! Post-of-the-month material.
    By courtesy of S. Ferguson Wong, here is Aslan's Post of the Month Award: The Holy Grail Award.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Dogma schmogma

The interview was of Dawkins. I was prepared to be awed. He was very disappointing. That's all I'm saying. Have you ever heard him speak?
    Yes, quite often, and in person. I agree that he can be quite drole, and is not a physically powerful speaker. But his content is quite powerful if you can hang in there to listen to it.

From Richard Dawkins book: The Greatest Show on Earth

"...Evolution is a fact. Beyond reasonable doubt, beyond serious doubt, beyond sane, informed, intelligent doubt, beyond doubt evolution is a fact. The evidence for evolution is at least as strong as the evidence for the Holocaust, even allowing for eye witnesses to the Holocaust. It is the plain truth that we are cousins of chimpanzees, somewhat more distant cousins of monkeys, more distant cousins still of aardvarks and manatees, yet more distant cousins of bananas and turnips . . . continue the list as long as desired.

That didn’t have to be true. It is not self-evidently, tautologically, obviously true, and there was a time when most people, even educated people, thought it wasn’t. It didn’t have to be true, but it is. We know this because a rising flood of evidence supports it. Evolution is a fact, and [my] book will demonstrate it. No reputable scientist disputes it, and no unbiased reader will close the book doubting it
    ..."

Goodbye creationists.
    Dogma schmogma

Default Explanation?

I didn't take Kat's question as a door to enter into religous volley again. I felt it was a question posed to any believer asto thier understanding of the Trinity. As a matter of fact Ireland was more open to the understanding of the trinity because of prior beliefs in something similiar to their former religion. The Mind,body and Soul is a good analogy as it correlates to something our human mind can accept if we are open to inspiration.
    " That we may meet in a better place after this!"

Quote Originally Posted by MAZ View Post
    Yes, quite often, and in person. I agree that he can be quite drole, and is not a physically powerful speaker. But his content is quite powerful if you can hang in there to listen to it.
    I intuit that physicists and the like are caught up in the dilemma of the forest and the trees; their lives are so intent on the finite, that they can't see the infinite. Just a thought from someone insignificant who can't remember how to solve a differential equation and whose existence, therefore, does not seem to matter much in the grand scheme of things. Ascipherlan
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Quote Originally Posted by Katweezel View Post
    From Richard Dawkins book: The Greatest Show on Earth

"...Evolution is a fact. Beyond reasonable doubt, beyond serious doubt, beyond sane, informed, intelligent doubt, beyond doubt evolution is a fact. The evidence for evolution is at least as strong as the evidence for the Holocaust, even allowing for eye witnesses to the Holocaust. It is the plain truth that we are cousins of chimpanzees, somewhat more distant cousins of monkeys, more distant cousins still of aardvarks and manatees, yet more distant cousins of bananas and turnips . . . continue the list as long as desired.

That didn’t have to be true. It is not self-evidently, tautologically, obviously true, and there was a time when most people, even educated people, thought it wasn’t. It didn’t have to be true, but it is. We know this because a rising flood of evidence supports it. Evolution is a fact, and [my] book will demonstrate it. No reputable scientist disputes it, and no unbiased reader will close the book doubting it
    ..."

Goodbye creationists.
    In his interview by Ben Stein, Dawkins said:

Well, it could come about in the following way. It could be that at some earlier time, somewhere in the universe, a civilization evolved, probably by some kind of Darwinian means, probably to a very high level of technology, and designed a form of life that they seeded onto perhaps this planet. Now, um, now that is a possibility, and an intriguing possibility. And I suppose it's possible that you might find evidence for that if you look at the details of biochemistry, molecular biology, you might find a signature of some sort of designer.

Goodbye Richard Dawkins.
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

That seems to leave us with the distinct possibility that the self-evident God used the process we call, and do not fully understand, evolution, to create the species we call homo sapiens [correct me if my biology terminology is wrong]. One problem with that is, however, many if not most biologists do not think evolution can account for the complex nature of DNA. Enter Dawkins and others with their theory of alien design. The evasionary tactic that Dawkins uses to cover up the obvious signature of God [aliens did it] simply does not hold water. How did aliens get that way? Let's look at alien DNA. Whoops! There isn't any.

It's much easier to believe in God. And I always thought scientists went first to the easiest and simplest explanation. Apparently, not so.
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

+ Reply to Thread