+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Rapture, Translation and Transfiguration

Default The Rapture, Translation and Transfiguration

The Rapture, Translation and Transfiguration

Musings of a Dead Man
    Formerly: http://deadmanmusings.blogspot.com
    Paul A Drockton M.A.

Nothing elicits more discussion in Christianity than the concept of the "Rapture". This is evidenced by the record retail sales of the book series "Left Behind". From the Bible we read:

26 And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.
    27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noe
    entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.
    28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted,
    they builded;
    29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed
    them all.
    30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.
    31 In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away:
    and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back.
    32 Remember Lot’s wife.
    33 Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.
    34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the
    other shall be left.
    35 Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
    36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
    37 And they answered and said unto him, Where, Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever
    the body is, thither will the eagles be gathered together. (Luke:17)

One of the keys to understanding this scripture is the first verse: "As it was in the days of Noah (Noe), so shall it be in the days of the Son of Man." In other words, the world would be as corrupt as it was in the days of Noah. We also know that, prior to the flood, there was a "rapture" of sorts that took place with the "City of Enoch". This city had become so righteous that it was translated and taken from the earth. It is believed that the world of Enoch will be reunited with this world once our world is cleansed by fire from all wickedness. In fact, there are many that believe that the return of Enoch's world (Planet X, Niburu, etc.) is what will cause the major earthquakes and other judgments coming on this earth.

In order for mankind to progress to the next level there must first be a physical change that takes place with this mortal body. We carry with us the sins of multiple generations that manifest themselves through our genetic code as predispositions, tendencies or physical/mental weaknesses. One example is alcoholism. The tendency to become an alcoholic is a genetic one, and can be traced back through the individual's family tree. Of course, the alcoholic still has his agency and can choose to follow the natural tendency; or he can choose a higher path.

MORE- http://www.moneyteachers.org/Rapture.htm
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

Default Rapture

There is a theory that rapture is a sort of wormhole in the time continuim. This may only be seen by people of proper mindset and faith that they would know where to go. Do you think we are approaching the pinnacle of vile and immoral behavior or do you think we can go lower ZG. Btw I think the thread is very well presented.
    " That we may meet in a better place after this!"

Default Wrong- best get your whips

Revelation is basically a Christian canon so the closing comments from the full article simply don't work, even the final sentence:

"I am convinced that all men, whether they be Moslem, Hindu, Buddhists etc. will be judged on the light they were given and their obedience to it. All men will have an equal chance at progression based on their obedience to conscience, light and truth. I am also convinced that adherence to the principals embodied in the 10 commandments will form the basis for future progression. Thus all men everywhere are placed on an equal footing regardless of creeds, religious practices or place of birth. To think that God would favor one man over another because of his or her opportunities at learning is a false principal and has nothing to do with true religion, which states, we are all brethren.
    Do what is right and you will have nothing to fear."

Not for nothing was Pope John Paul II an ardent penitente, whipping himself to achieve Christian perfection, to remember the suffering of Jesus, to repent, or for various other reasons according to his supporters. In expanding on the importance of pain, PJPII wrote specifically on the Christian meaning of suffering, saying:
    Jesus "suffered in place of man and for man. Every man has his own share in the Redemption. Each one is also called to share in that suffering through which the Redemption was accomplished.
    "In bringing about the Redemption through suffering, Christ has also raised human suffering to the level of the Redemption. Thus each man, in his suffering, can also become a sharer in the redemptive suffering of Christ."

So it's not enough to simply accept Jesus as your personal savior and try to follow the Good Word, it appears some additional insurance is prudent. Why? Because those who know God, know he's to be feared above all else, regardless of whatever covenants he's offered. Ask Job. Here he was a devote believer who had the misfortune to be the point of a bet between Yahweh and Satan. Now Yahweh, being omniscent, had prior knowledge that Job would remain faithful, but Satan tempted his creator's vanity sufficient to make Job a proof point of faith by subjectiong him to misfortune, disease, deaths, etc. Pretty harsh stuff just to win a dare from Satan. Even when Job, ever faithful, asks to know what he's done to deserve this treatment, God won't level with him; instead he blusters and reminds him who the big guy is at which point Job wisely shuts up. This is where Man (as Job) demonstrates his fundamental moral superiority to Yahweh. In order to settle the score and reclaim his moral superiority, God has to become Man, incarnating through his own Son, presumably to redeem Mankind from from that big mistake in the Garden since simple worship and following the rules weren't adequate. But then we learn in Revelation there's a lot more to come before everything settles out, including an unrestrained reign of terror by Satan. So God sacrifices his own Son and that's still not sufficient to save all of Mankind? He's giving equal time to Satan (that devil sure gets cut a lot of slack)? At this point, anyone following the relationship between God and his creation might have good reason to ask "can I have insurance just in case you move the goal posts again?" Hence the perception of PJPII and countless other Catholics that just relying on Christ's suffering may not be suffcient and a little emulation might be in order through some well-placed whacks of the whip. And expecting anyone who follows a different diety or basic moral conduct to get a fair hearing from Yahweh is certainly not a good bet.
    Last edited by Diver; January 27th, 2010 at 07:56 PM. Reason: grammar

Default Whoo-ey. Phew.

Thank you Diver; for reminding me how sweet it is to have such simple, uncomplicated, non-christian beliefs.
    Dogma schmogma

Quote Originally Posted by Diver View Post
    Revelation is basically a Christian canon so the closing comments from the full article simply don't work, even the final sentence:

"I am convinced that all men, whether they be Moslem, Hindu, Buddhists etc. will be judged on the light they were given and their obedience to it. All men will have an equal chance at progression based on their obedience to conscience, light and truth. I am also convinced that adherence to the principals embodied in the 10 commandments will form the basis for future progression. Thus all men everywhere are placed on an equal footing regardless of creeds, religious practices or place of birth. To think that God would favor one man over another because of his or her opportunities at learning is a false principal and has nothing to do with true religion, which states, we are all brethren.
    Do what is right and you will have nothing to fear."

Not for nothing was Pope John Paul II an ardent penitente, whipping himself to achieve Christian perfection, to remember the suffering of Jesus, to repent, or for various other reasons according to his supporters. In expanding on the importance of pain, PJPII wrote specifically on the Christian meaning of suffering, saying:
    Jesus "suffered in place of man and for man. Every man has his own share in the Redemption. Each one is also called to share in that suffering through which the Redemption was accomplished.
    "In bringing about the Redemption through suffering, Christ has also raised human suffering to the level of the Redemption. Thus each man, in his suffering, can also become a sharer in the redemptive suffering of Christ."

So it's not enough to simply accept Jesus as your personal savior and try to follow the Good Word, it appears some additional insurance is prudent. Why? Because those who know God, know he's to be feared above all else, regardless of whatever covenants he's offered. Ask Job. Here he was a devote believer who had the misfortune to be the point of a bet between Yahweh and Satan. Now Yahweh, being omniscent, had prior knowledge that Job would remain faithful, but Satan tempted his creator's vanity sufficient to make Job a proof point of faith by subjectiong him to misfortune, disease, deaths, etc. Pretty harsh stuff just to win a dare from Satan. Even when Job, ever faithful, asks to know what he's done to deserve this treatment, God won't level with him; instead he blusters and reminds him who the big guy is at which point Job wisely shuts up. This is where Man (as Job) demonstrates his fundamental moral superiority to Yahweh. In order to settle the score and reclaim his moral superiority, God has to become Man, incarnating through his own Son, presumably to redeem Mankind from from that big mistake in the Garden since simple worship and following the rules weren't adequate. But then we learn in Revelation there's a lot more to come before everything settles out, including an unrestrained reign of terror by Satan. So God sacrifices his own Son and that's still not sufficient to save all of Mankind? He's giving equal time to Satan (that devil sure gets cut a lot of slack)? At this point, anyone following the relationship between God and his creation might have good reason to ask "can I have insurance just in case you move the goal posts again?" Hence the perception of PJPII and countless other Catholics that just relying on Christ's suffering may not be suffcient and a little emulation might be in order through some well-placed whacks of the whip. And expecting anyone who follows a different diety or basic moral conduct to get a fair hearing from Yahweh is certainly not a good bet.
    Rapture in the above rendering is a Protestant phenomenon. Catholics believe that the only time people will be caught up to be with Christ in the air will be when Jesus returns at the end of the world.

I have never heard of a whole group of people being translated. Jews believe that only two were translated into heaven without dying, Enoch and Elijah. They are sometimes mentioned as candidates for the two witnesses who appear in the end times.

On suffering-- Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I do my share on behalf of His body, which is the church, in filling up what is lacking in Christ's afflictions. Col 1:24
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

“It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by Katweezel View Post
    Thank you Diver; for reminding me how sweet it is to have such simple, uncomplicated, non-christian beliefs.
    Sounded pretty Christian to me. zg
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    Sounded pretty Christian to me. zg
    Exactly.
    Dogma schmogma

Default Match the Entities with the Pics. Deal or No Deal

The Rapture is coming, (so some say.) I prepared this small, brief test of Faith, to see if you're ready for the big day, if it happens anytime soon before you croak.

WHICH OF THE ENTITIES BEST MATCHES THE PHOTO?

I listed these five entities: God, The Great Spirit, Allah, Source, All That Is.
    Below are five pics: 1 Cockfight 2 Hyena 3 Lotus flower 4 Puppy 5 Volcano.

You are required to match one (or more) entity with each pic. For example, if you think Hyena (2) matches Allah in your opinion, then select 2. Write out your answers and post them.

The winner will receive a grand mystery prize.
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Dogma schmogma

Default matching symbols?

Kat would you explain to me how a person who believes in something that has no physical body can be matched to a physical thing. Jesus was the God made man by God. If you want to match the likeness of God to something go look into a mirror and you will see his image you seek.
    " That we may meet in a better place after this!"

Quote Originally Posted by blackchipjim View Post
    Kat would you explain to me how a person who believes in something that has no physical body can be matched to a physical thing. Jesus was the God made man by God. If you want to match the likeness of God to something go look into a mirror and you will see his image you seek.
    Good answer--the image is still there, but the likeness is a bit lacking.
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Default Half a rapture each

Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    Good answer--the image is still there, but the likeness is a bit lacking.
    Originally Posted by blackchipjim View Post
    "Kat would you explain to me how a person who believes in something that has no physical body can be matched to a physical thing. Jesus was the God made man by God. If you want to match the likeness of God to something go look into a mirror and you will see his image you seek."

You two guys have won the mystery prize. It's half a Rapture each. Use it wisely.
    I took Jim's advice and I stood naked in front of a full-length mirror. I stared, and let my vision go sort of woo-woo, and I swear I saw something...
    There's a school of thought that believes Jesus spent his 'lost 17 years' in India studying the awakened mind under an Eastern guru or two. During this time he is said to have become enlightened and in line with Eastern traditions, was indeed able to demonstrate 'miracles', healings and so on, of the type that are still to be found in certain parts of India today.

Eastern tradition always taught that each human individual is Source made manifest, and so it was said we all share The One Source -- we are the One Source Energy. The 'portal' for Divine Source Energy was said to be in the heart chakra area. They also taught that intellectual enlightenment is never close to experiential enlightenment. Traditionally, heightened awareness and eventual enlightenment could be achieved through contemplation, meditation, chanting, yoga, diet and fasting, among other practices.

You newbies can immediately begin early tomorrow morning by facing East and chanting for 20 minutes: Oooooooooooommmmmmmmm, followed by chanting the Sanskrit: 'Om Namah Shivaya'... for another 20 minutes, which means. 'I bow to the Divine within.' In roughly 12 years, you two should be enlightened beings and ready to demonstrate your own miracles.
    Dogma schmogma

Quote Originally Posted by Katweezel View Post
    Originally Posted by blackchipjim View Post
    "Kat would you explain to me how a person who believes in something that has no physical body can be matched to a physical thing. Jesus was the God made man by God. If you want to match the likeness of God to something go look into a mirror and you will see his image you seek."

You two guys have won the mystery prize. It's half a Rapture each. Use it wisely.
    I took Jim's advice and I stood naked in front of a full-length mirror. I stared, and let my vision go sort of woo-woo, and I swear I saw something...
    There's a school of thought that believes Jesus spent his 'lost 17 years' in India studying the awakened mind under an Eastern guru or two. During this time he is said to have become enlightened and in line with Eastern traditions, was indeed able to demonstrate 'miracles', healings and so on, of the type that are still to be found in certain parts of India today.

Eastern tradition always taught that each human individual is Source made manifest, and so it was said we all share The One Source -- we are the One Source Energy. The 'portal' for Divine Source Energy was said to be in the heart chakra area. They also taught that intellectual enlightenment is never close to experiential enlightenment. Traditionally, heightened awareness and eventual enlightenment could be achieved through contemplation, meditation, chanting, yoga, diet and fasting, among other practices.

You newbies can immediately begin early tomorrow morning by facing East and chanting for 20 minutes: Oooooooooooommmmmmmmm, followed by chanting the Sanskrit: 'Om Namah Shivaya'... for another 20 minutes, which means. 'I bow to the Divine within.' In roughly 12 years, you two should be enlightened beings and ready to demonstrate your own miracles.
    They scoff at the teachings of Jesus, yet they believe they can reach heaven by facing east and chanting "oooom!" Now tell me, who is being ridiculous? Never mind! I'll tell you. Their entire scheme of belief is to evade responsibility for their sins, to continue to transgress the law of God where they choose, and to accept it where it happens to suit their particular choice of vices. They will have no recourse when the day of judgment comes, as they have decided to worship man instead of the Almighty and All-Loving God. It saddens me. But on the other hand, it demonstrates both the mercy of God (who would take them back if they repented) and the justice of God (who will have no false gods before Him).
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

Never mind! I'll tell you.
    You don't have to. You do an excellent job of demonstating your realization. Kat simply fails to appreciate how a path without fear and judgement pales beside your version of Christianity.

It saddens me. But on the other hand, it demonstrates both the mercy of God (who would take them back if they repented) and the justice of God (who will have no false gods before Him).
    Especially this one >>

Quote Originally Posted by Diver View Post
    You don't have to. You do an excellent job of demonstating your realization. Kat simply fails to appreciate how a path without fear and judgement pales beside your version of Christianity.
    Perfect love casts out fear.
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

+ Reply to Thread