+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Why Does God Let Bad Things Happen to People?"

Default "Why Does God Let Bad Things Happen to People?"

"Why Does God Let Bad Things Happen to People?"

Click Me to read answers for "Why Does God Let Bad Things Happen to People?"

Hey Einsteins, don't try to guess why does God let bad things happen to people, i.e., why have billions of good-or-bad-people been killed in all the wars, earthquakes, tsunamis, black deaths, 1918-flu, Great-Flood, Aids, etc...? Likewise, why does the earth suck? We just don't know why, that's the end of the story.

Ever heard of Sin?
    There Is No Second Place Winner ...even if your not brusque and merely informative.

Quote Originally Posted by daddybo View Post
    Ever heard of Sin?
    Really? Thats why so many thousands of people die in natural disasters like what just happened in Haiti, because of sin? Is that your story and you're stickin to it? So basically in this world, devastating events destroy lives because we don't do what our invisible friend wants us to do? And still I have to listen to the self absorbed jack ass that survives a disaster claiming it was due to his faith and praying to God. Oh yeah, what about the thousands of others who died while praying to the very same God, where thay not as deserving? The small babies that have no voice to pray, their deaths are due to sin as well? I reject the term sin. It is a cop out excuse for an absent or incompetent god.

Default Well said!!!

Maz-
    My man!
    Puritanism: The haunting fear that someone,somewhere, may be happy"
    H.L.Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by MAZ View Post
    Really? Thats why so many thousands of people die in natural disasters like what just happened in Haiti, because of sin? Is that your story and you're stickin to it? So basically in this world, devastating events destroy lives because we don't do what our invisible friend wants us to do? And still I have to listen to the self absorbed jack ass that survives a disaster claiming it was due to his faith and praying to God. Oh yeah, what about the thousands of others who died while praying to the very same God, where thay not as deserving? The small babies that have no voice to pray, their deaths are due to sin as well? I reject the term sin. It is a cop out excuse for an absent or incompetent god.
    Wow, that got you going. Actually, I didn't intend it to mean the bad things that happen to people were some punishment for not obeying the invisible man. Nor would I say that anyone is saved from disaster by his faith or by praying for that matter.

My understanding... it is man's destiny to suffer in the world because of the original sin in the garden. None deserve mercy.

If you reject the term sin because you say it is an excuse for an absent or incompetent god... Then what would you have a competent resident god do?

Does Evil Exist?
    Last edited by daddybo; January 18th, 2010 at 12:10 AM.
    There Is No Second Place Winner ...even if your not brusque and merely informative.

Default Death

I find it amazing that alot of people who have no faith in any God believe that death is punishment. Death is not a punishment but a release from this place of suffering. To a non-believer that may sound wierd or even scarey because you have no where to go but darkness. To people who believe in God and an after life it's just a passing from here to there.
    " That we may meet in a better place after this!"

Default A good point: Death is a passage to a new life

Quote Originally Posted by blackchipjim View Post
    I find it amazing that alot of people who have no faith in any God believe that death is punishment. Death is not a punishment but a release from this place of suffering. To a non-believer that may sound wierd or even scarey because you have no where to go but darkness. To people who believe in God and an after life it's just a passing from here to there.
    A good point: Death is a passage to a new life. For the bona-fide-faithful-worshippers, 99.99% agree with you, but how do you explain... why the 911-muslim-faithful-worshippers killed 3,000 innocent people in His Name? Why didn't the Almighty stop the 911-Terrorists [ AKA freedom fighters as called & admired by their followers] ? One of the best answers is : we don't know why.

Wow, people are sick.
    I mean people that make videos like these.

Why the hell did they have to use Megadeth?!!? Damn, such a good song

Default Luck or what?

I would not even begin to try to think of why these things happen. People who have been devout in thier faith have given it up when a traumatic event such as a loss of loved one or family member is riddled with some malady that makes the suffering almost unconceivable. The very subject of why a loving God would do this to a person or child opens the floodgates of emotions that alot of people don't want to relive. I know all things happen for a reason and good does come from bad things that happen to people. We become blind from anger and fail to see the good but there is good we just fail to recognize the good.

Quote Originally Posted by Abenzio View Post
    A good point: Death is a passage to a new life. For the bona-fide-faithful-worshippers, 99.99% agree with you, but how do you explain... why the 911-muslim-faithful-worshippers killed 3,000 innocent people in His Name? Why didn't the Almighty stop the 911-Terrorists [ AKA freedom fighters as called & admired by their followers] ? One of the best answers is : we don't know why.
    The only answer, Free Will.

When G-ds angels come to you with a message, it can flash right before your eyes, but it's man's free will that interprets the message and forms a reply.

Forces of nature are no different. When Mother Nature has gas, it's released in many forms. Her free will is much more devastating.

It may be a huge fireball caused by the winds of Santa Anna. Rivers of fire through the bowels of deep, Mt. St. Helens., or gas released through rock plates vibrating the earth like blowing through the reeds of a wind instrument.

BJC

Default accountability

Natural disasters are forces that are just that natural. Man made disasters are a whole different ball of wax. A few years back a company in India released a toxic cloud of gas that killed a mass of people in Bihopal. We build our houses on flood plains and areas that invite destruction then ask why? Those who tempt fate should accept consequences that befall them and some do, others still blame others for it.

Quote Originally Posted by MAZ View Post
    The only incompetency is in man's ability to comprehend what is really going on. Long ago, Maz's ancestors left the land of AZ and came to this God forsaken place we call earth. End of story. God didn't do it, Maz's ancestors did it.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

“It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by Abenzio View Post
    "Why Does God Let Bad Things Happen to People?"
    Its called karma, which translates to "your own doing." Seemingly bad karma is simply a spiritual purification. zg
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    Its called karma, which translates to "your own doing." Seemingly bad karma is simply a spiritual purification. zg
    Karma is chastisement (purification) for those who are correctable, and punishment for those who steadfastly refuse correction. I know in your scheme of things, there is no such thing as someone who steadfastly refuses correction. That seems to be our point of disagreement. It's the old argument of whether there is a heaven and a hell, or the same life awaiting all of us after we die. It's a point you don't want to get wrong for obvious reasons!
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

“It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

Default Legion

Quote Originally Posted by aslan View Post
    Karma is chastisement (purification) for those who are correctable, and punishment for those who steadfastly refuse correction. I know in your scheme of things, there is no such thing as someone who steadfastly refuses correction. That seems to be our point of disagreement. It's the old argument of whether there is a heaven and a hell, or the same life awaiting all of us after we die. It's a point you don't want to get wrong for obvious reasons!
    I know all the answers about God now, I saw the movie Legion last night

CP
    "Midwest Masters Of Advantage", "Strength and Honor."

+ Reply to Thread