+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 48

Thread: James Grosjean / Zengrifter Reputation Debate

  1. #1

    Default James Grosjean / Zengrifter Reputation Debate

    Quote Originally Posted by ExhibitCAA View Post
    A major problem I have with ZenZone is that the page gives Zengrifter an undeserved credibility boost on the BJ pages of bjinfo.com.
    Perhaps unlike you, I began visiting this site well before the advent of the ZZone. And Zengrifter's reputation, both as a knowledgeable player and as a quirky character from the blackjack world, quickly became known to me through 1) the "Zengrifter Interview"; 2) "You've Got Heat" by Barfarkel; 3) the many references to him which other posters on this board made; and 4) most importantly, his numerous quality replies to my own questions and to those of others. In my eyes, he soon became established as, if not the resident expert, then at least one of them. And a damn funny fellow to boot. Nothing to do with the Zen Zone. I repeat - nothing.

    Quote Originally Posted by ExhibitCAA View Post
    New participants--and even some old ones--don't know who's who. So their reasoning will be: "Ken Smith has a reputation as a stand-up guy who is serious about blackjack, and if Ken Smith's serious site would give Zengrifter his own page, then Zengrifter probably knows about blackjack, too, and he's probably a stand-up guy like Ken Smith is."
    And how do you know that he's not a "stand-up guy"? More importantly, just what the hell does his being or not being a "stand-up guy" have to do with his participation on an internet message board? Does one need to be a "stand-up guy" to give advice on the game of blackjack? - or to engage in political discussions? Based on your personal attack, I would guess that you yourself are most likely not a "stand-up guy," but that doesn't mean I wouldn't listen if you had something relevant to say about the game.
    Last edited by zengrifter; May 12th, 2013 at 01:09 PM. Reason: title adjustment

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelerus View Post
    Perhaps unlike you [ExhibitCAA], I began visiting this site well before the advent of the ZZone. And Zengrifter's reputation, both as a knowledgeable player and as a quirky character from the blackjack world, quickly became known to me through 1) the "Zengrifter Interview"; 2) "You've Got Heat" by Barfarkel; 3) the many references to him which other posters on this board made; and 4) most importantly, his numerous quality replies to my own questions and to those of others. In my eyes, he soon became established as, if not the resident expert, then at least one of them. And a damn funny fellow to boot. Nothing to do with the Zen Zone. I repeat - nothing.

    And how do you know that he's not a "stand-up guy"? More importantly, just what the hell does his being or not being a "stand-up guy" have to do with his participation on an internet message board? Does one need to be a "stand-up guy" to give advice on the game of blackjack? - or to engage in political discussions? Based on your personal attack, I would guess that you yourself are most likely not a "stand-up guy," but that doesn't mean I wouldn't listen if you had something relevant to say about the game.
    Thank you Pelerus. In case you didn't know - ExCAA MAY be the author of the new book that bears the same name. One of foremost AP luminaries of our generation. Actually I think that that ECAA's ID is a 'cutout' for the author, meaning that it is being maintained by proxy with help from one or more others. zg
    Last edited by zengrifter; December 12th, 2009 at 12:54 PM.
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Carthe Lodge
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Pelerus says: "And how do you know that he's not a "stand-up guy"?

    1. He has repeatedly LIED on these boards by claiming some credit/involvement in my legal cases, involving the criminal component and subsequent civil components. For the record, we never solicited his advice, received his advice, nor acted on any of this phantom advice. All statements ZG has made suggesting otherwise (and he has repeatedly done so) are lies, and I'm tired of having to repeatedly correct the record.

    2. He similarly exaggerates his hole-card experience/ability, especially to newbies.

    I could add additional items, but that's sufficient.

    Pelerus says: " More importantly, just what the hell does his being or not being a "stand-up guy" have to do with his participation on an internet message board? Does one need to be a "stand-up guy" to give advice on the game of blackjack?"

    OK, Pelerus, are you incapable of following the logic of my argument? I will slow it down for you. ZG . . . is . . . free to express . . . his opinions and advice . . . but it doesn't mean . . . KenSmith . . . should set ZG up . . . with his own page.

    ZG can express whatever opinion he wants. For KenSmith to somewhat legitimize that opinion on bjinfo is what I am criticizing. Get it? You are proof of how gullible and easily mislead newbies can be. You make an opinion based on things like Barfarkel's book? Barfarkel? OK, enough said.

    KenSmith giving ZG a page here is obviously of comparable weight to Barfarkel writing up ZG stories, especially due to KenSmith's considerable reputation.

    Maybe, as you claim, ZenZone didn't affect YOUR personal opinion of ZG, but you are just one person. I guarantee it has an influence on some people, and "some" is too many. Somewhere, there is the marginal consumer. Do you know what the "marginal consumer" is? If not, go learn something.

    And yes, I make lots of personal attacks--on phonies, posers, scammers, liars, sleazebags, etc. Ask Beverly Griffin if I make personal attacks.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExhibitCAA View Post
    1. He has repeatedly LIED on these boards by claiming some credit/involvement in my legal cases, involving the criminal component and subsequent civil components. For the record, we never solicited his advice, received his advice, nor acted on any of this phantom advice. All statements ZG has made suggesting otherwise (and he has repeatedly done so) are lies, and I'm tired of having to repeatedly correct the record.
    Fair enough. This has no relevance to me or most other members here, nor was I aware of your claim.

    Quote Originally Posted by ExhibitCAA View Post
    ZG can express whatever opinion he wants. For KenSmith to somewhat legitimize that opinion on bjinfo is what I am criticizing. Get it? You are proof of how gullible and easily mislead newbies can be. You make an opinion based on things like Barfarkel's book? Barfarkel? OK, enough said.
    Well, I suppose not every author can meet your high standards. Just because they aren't Wong or Schlesinger doesn't mean their contributions are totally devoid of value. Besides, my opinion drawn from Barfarkel's work, among other sources, was simply that ZG is a knowledgeable and quirky character from the blackjack world. I think that most here would agree with that assessment, newbies or not. Would you like to set up a poll?

    Quote Originally Posted by ExhibitCAA View Post
    Maybe, as you claim, ZenZone didn't affect YOUR personal opinion of ZG, but you are just one person. I guarantee it has an influence on some people, and "some" is too many. Somewhere, there is the marginal consumer. Do you know what the "marginal consumer" is? If not, go learn something.
    Marginal consumer? Hmm, I am certainly familiar with the macro-economic concept of "marginal propensity to consume", and at this point my marginal propensity to consume your bullshit is approaching zero.

    Quote Originally Posted by ExhibitCAA View Post
    And yes, I make lots of personal attacks--on phonies, posers, scammers, liars, sleazebags, etc.
    Really? How beneficent of you. Maybe you should start with internet ghostwriters posing as respected authors. Oh, wait. That was just another of ZG's quirky claims. Comment retracted.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExhibitCAA View Post
    Pelerus says: "And how do you know that he's not a "stand-up guy"?

    1. He has repeatedly LIED on these boards by claiming some credit/involvement in my legal cases, involving the criminal component and subsequent civil components. For the record, we never solicited his advice, received his advice, nor acted on any of this phantom advice. All statements ZG has made suggesting otherwise (and he has repeatedly done so) are lies, and I'm tired of having to repeatedly correct the record.
    ZG Facts -

    1. In Spring of 2000 Stalker contacted me in a panic, his 'partner' was just jailed for cheating at Caesars. He wanted an LV-based gambling-rights attorney because their attorney was not admitted to the LV BAR.

    2. I brainstormed with Stalker what was truly relevant: That what was needed was NOT another gambling attorney, Bob Loew or whomever it was would suffice on that front - what was needed was a kickass criminal trial attorney.

    3. I discussed via phone, email, AND in person, with Stalker - the OBVIOUS strategy that when the cheating charge fell apart that a world class civil complaint would emerge.

    4. I specifically recommended Bill Terry, whom I knew to be good by reputation and was previously Oscar Goodman's partner when I first met him in '83.

    5. A year later, upon reading BJF I learned that Stalker's 'partner' in jail was non other than Grosjean, that Bill Terry had been retained, and that the perfect civil litigation opportunity had emerged as predicted.

    6. Shortly after my revelation from reading BJF I ran into Stalker at Casino Royale and said, 'Hey, it was Grosjean!' and Stalker chuckled, 'Ya thats right.'

    7. I dropped Grosjean a line more than once via email and/or BJF Greenbelt to his VanillaAce ID, just to say "howdy, small world" etc. but he never replied, which struck me as odd. Especially odd seeing as how my RICO case had not been revealed yet to the BJ universe and Stalker and I were still on good terms.

    Now IF those 1-7 above are facts, did my penchant toward bravado and hyperbole imply something more than the above, or otherwise what were the 'LIES'? Enquiring minds want to know. zg

    Ps - We may need to allow Stalker back on this "WBPITTW", as he called it, to set the record straight on this... or we could, anyway, if we believed Stalker to be a Stand Up Guy.
    Last edited by zengrifter; December 13th, 2009 at 03:33 AM.
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    1,457

    Default Zen

    Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    ZG Facts -

    1. In Spring of 2000 Stalker contacted me in a panic, his 'partner' was in jail for cheating at Caesars. He wanted an LV-based gambling attorney.

    2. I brainstormed with Stalker what was truly relevant: That what was needed was not another gambling attorney, Bob Loew or whomever it was would suffice on that front - what was needed was a kickass criminal trial attorney.

    3. I specifically recommended Bill Terry, whom I knew to be good by reputation and was previously Oscar Goodman's partner when I first met him in '83.

    4. I discussed via phone, email, AND in person, at length with Stalker - the OBVIOUS strategy that when the cheating charge fell apart that a world class civil complaint would emerge.

    5. A year later, upon reading BJF I learned that Stalker's 'partner' in jail was non other than Grosjean, that Bill Terry had been retained, and that the perfect civil litigation opportunity had emerged as predicted.

    6. Shortly after my revelation from reading BJF I ran into Stalker at Casino Royale and said, 'Hey, it was Grosjean!' and Stalker chuckled, 'Ya thats right.'

    7. I dropped Grosjean a line more than once via email and/or BJF Greenbelt to his VanillaAce ID, just to say "small world" etc. but he never replied, which struck me as odd. Especially odd seeing as how my RICO case had not been revealed yet to the BJ universe and Stalker and I were still on good terms.

    Now IF those 1-7 above are facts, did my penchant toward bravado and hyperbole imply something more than the above, or otherwise what were the 'LIES'? Enquiring minds want to know. zg


    That was a load of info on your part, amazing. I would have never guessed.

    I stood up for JSTAT when he was getting his ass kicked around from almost everyone, and I will stand up for you, everyone needs a second chance, some of us a third. I personally don't give a flyin F### how skilled of a hole card player you are, or how skilled of a tracker etc. you are.

    I am at the same time very happy to have JG on this site to teach and correct, as he did me on a wrong assumption just recently, and I wish that these set to's are done in private...let the other sites savage each other in public...i hope it does not continue here.

    CP
    "Midwest Masters Of Advantage", "Strength and Honor."

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExhibitCAA View Post
    2. He similarly exaggerates his hole-card experience/ability, especially to newbies.
    Fact #8 - Never on this board have I ever implied an overstatement of my holecarding abilities. It is true that of the relative small number of flashing dealers I've played (compared to full time pros), especially, a large percentage of them were because I first spotted the holecarder, either in play or in route to play and I followed him - I am not very good at identifying the flashers myself. zg
    Last edited by zengrifter; December 11th, 2009 at 03:05 AM.
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Carthe Lodge
    Posts
    7

    Default ZG redefines "facts"

    ZG Facts -

    "1. In Spring of 2000 Stalker contacted me in a panic, his 'partner' was just jailed for cheating at Caesars."

    blahblah. You can stop right there, or you can keep digging yourself into a hole. Stalker? In a panic? Stalker was not my partner in that play! DO YOU HAVE A CLUE????? Stalker was not at Caesars, had no involvement in the play, the chop, bailing me out, etc. You apparently do not even know who stalker is, who my partner was, who I am, or anything else.

    Whatever conversation you may or may not have had with stalker (who also says your claims are ridiculous) is irrelevant anyway, since he had no involvement whatsoever in our successful legal exploits. As for Bill Terry, he was/is a well-known attorney with whom we have personal contacts going back over 20 years, and he was not my attorney, and he and Mr. Wright had nothing to do with the dropping of criminal charges nor the subsequent civil action. In fact, the criminal attorneys advised against our taking civil action.

    Along with others, you spouted online the advice to get our case into federal court, as we would supposedly not get a fair shake in Nevada courts. Well, I think we did just fine in county court in Nevada. You actually stated online once that you "successfully crafted the legal strategy" that we used to win our cases. This is nonsense. I think my attorneys, Bob and Thea, do not even know you. None of us have ever spoken to you or listened to any of the garbage you posted regarding our case.

    There is no point going into detail. I know what went on with my legal situation--I was there. The emergence and success of the civil situation was due to the 100% commitment my partner (not stalker) and I had to pursue the issue to the end, at any cost, personal or financial, and the hard work and doggedness of Bob Nersesian and Thea Sankiewicz, and the character of Bill Zender, and the bitterness of Bob Griffin, and the fairness of Judge Gates, and the openmindedness of two civilian juries. You had nothing to do with it.

    Pelerus, no, "marginal propensity to consume" isn't quite the same thing, but nice try. Second, if you think there is any validity to ZG's conjecture regarding the identity of the ExhibitCAA handle, then, how shall I put this nicely? Well, you need to get a clue.

    No, I don't need a poll to confirm that ZG is a "quirky character" in the BJ world. And if newbies want to get their advice from quirky characters who are nothing more than posers,* that is their right, but I don't think KenSmith should support that.

    * Another example of ZG being a poser: ZG has claimed to have taught the great DP how to count. Please.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Carthe Lodge
    Posts
    7

    Default ZG's Fact #8

    Regarding "fact #8":

    The phrase "never on this board" is obvious semantic nonsense. Your Internet persona extends beyond just the posts on this board. There are the other boards which overlap (bj21, etc.), and there are the chat rooms, and there are your confederates in posing (it's always good to have an agent). I have had to stomach Barfarkel's tales of whacking an HC at the Western with you on more than one occasion, and your argumentative statements in chats that, contrary to my advice, you have "gotten away with" splitting Tens plenty of times. I'm sure you have. I'm sure there are people who have gotten away with playing Russian Roulette.

    But splitting Tens is a rookie move committed generally by rookies who get giddy with excitement over seeing their first hole card. Just like rookies are usually the ones who hit their hard 19, and I've seen rookies "get away with it." Do you think those rookies took more off the game than we did, even though we eschew hitting hard 19?

    You also stated in a chat how easy it was to find games by following known players around. This aspect of the game I include as part of your claim of holecarding skill, since the art of holecarding includes much more than just seeing the card (do you realize that?) No, it's not easy. There are crews that find the bulk of their games that way, but only because they are lazy, not because they don't have the skill to see a game themselves. Those crews do not get nearly as many games as those of us who pound the pavement every day. How many games have you "found" by following a known HCer around? 1? 2? 4? How many have you found by following ME around (since I may be the most prolific HCer of the past decade)? Once you answer that question, then answer: How many HC games do you think I've played in my career?

    But, I'm sitting there in a chat listening to you basically boasting that it's easy to find games, all you have to do is follow the known HCers around, and that those HCers are obvious and easily identified. That's nonsense. I've played on at least three occasions with card counters AT MY TABLE; I've played on at least two occasions with a pit or shift boss sitting AT MY TABLE; I've played on many other occasions with APs at the adjacent table. I've played with thousands of civilians watching every hand. Apparently, our activities are not so obvious as you say.

    I read and listen to every word about HCing that appears on these boards. You have exaggerated your HC knowledge; perhaps you did so unknowingly, because you don't realize how much you don't know.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExhibitCAA View Post
    ZG Facts -

    "1. In Spring of 2000 Stalker contacted me in a panic, his 'partner' was just jailed for cheating at Caesars."

    blahblah. You can stop right there, or you can keep digging yourself into a hole. Stalker? In a panic? Stalker was not my partner in that play! DO YOU HAVE A CLUE????? Stalker was not at Caesars, had no involvement in the play, the chop, bailing me out, etc. You apparently do not even know who stalker is, who my partner was, who I am, or anything else.
    I described how Stalker framed the communication when he reached out to me - "One of my partners," or there abouts, and yes he was in a sweat if not panic. "We need a Las vegas based players rights attorney". Of course I read the BJF, no mention of **, and I didn't pry when I saw him again.

    Talk about losing the plot - never did I ever suggest any strategy on discussion boards during the unfolding of the case - not me - "federal court instead of Nevada?" Not the guy. Do old holecarders typically lose it like this? Early onset perhaps?

    I also finally learned from you at that chatroom encounter recently that Terry didn't stay in for the duration. Ok. Now if you want me to understand also that the selection of Bill Terry was a coincidence... ok. Now I know. You could have set me straight years ago - it was all a coincidence.

    I never made out my 'advice and referral' to Stalker (at his request for you) to be the winning end-all. More along the lines of describing just how amateur you guys and your whole network of famished casino haunting vampires actually are, or were at that time at least.

    Some of us are having some trouble fully embracing the ECAA ID with the author James Grosjean because you come across with such vexation.

    Certainly I am personally disappointed that after all of these years you decide to land on THIS board and cast such aspersions and denigrate local smalltimers, like Barfarkel at the same time. BJINFO is kinda THE community for "Barfarkels" from all walks. Perhaps these words and your desire to sell books will keep your disdain in check.

    The 'lies' on the other boards, Fight Club where I cannot speak in defense for being barred... (barred from Fight Club?) - the outrageous allegations that Ken Smith is in cahoots with Norm and ZG to tout and sell worthless products, and all the while ZG ripping of newbies.

    Yes, that was Stalker, not you, but you sure sound alot alike on this thread. And you sound like several other holecarders who have passed through WBPITTW on occasion.

    I hope you are not just here for selling your book. If you are running out of games (or just game?) you can always sign on with the Zender tour and sell game protection workshops for casino execs, like Aponte. zg
    Last edited by KenSmith; December 15th, 2009 at 11:28 AM. Reason: removed name reference
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

  11. #11

    Default

    I can see I need to put in some overtime on this...

    Quote Originally Posted by ExhibitCAA View Post
    The phrase "never on this board" is obvious semantic nonsense. Your Internet persona extends beyond just the posts on this board. There are the other boards which overlap (bj21, etc.), and there are the chat rooms,
    Not me. I have posted almost nothing on any board except this one and Cardcounter.com since late 2002. Wrong dude, Mr. Early Onset.
    ...and there are your confederates in posing (it's always good to have an agent). I have had to stomach Barfarkel's tales of whacking an HC at the Western with you on more than one occasion,
    "Confederates in posing"? That is a ponderous designation - googled in quotes, its never been said before.
    Look: "Confederates in posing"

    "I have had to stomach Barfy's tales"?
    There you go again.

    ...and your argumentative statements in chats that, contrary to my advice, you have "gotten away with" splitting Tens plenty of times. I'm sure you have.
    You are really confusing me with others - there was ONE chat, and I was not the argumentative one. But I remain enthusiastic about 10-splitting nonetheless.

    You also stated in a chat how easy it was to find games by following known players around. This aspect of the game I include as part of your claim of holecarding skill, since the art of holecarding includes much more than just seeing the card (do you realize that?) No, it's not easy. There are crews that find the bulk of their games that way, but only because they are lazy, not because they don't have the skill to see a game themselves.
    Mea culpa! I would definitely fall into that lazy category.

    How many games have you "found" by following a known HCer around? 1? 2? 4? How many have you found by following ME around (since I may be the most prolific HCer of the past decade)? Once you answer that question, then answer: How many HC games do you think I've played in my career?
    I acknowledge that YOU are DA MAN at HC, not just for a decade - I honestly think you are/were the greatest of all time - the Tiger Woods of HC! ... Kinda like being the world's greatest pickpocket. All the more painful because the longer this discourse goes, the more you sound like Willy Lomack in Death of a Salesman.

    But, I'm sitting there in a chat listening to you basically boasting that it's easy to find games, all you have to do is follow the known HCers around, and that those HCers are obvious and easily identified. That's nonsense. I've played on at least three occasions with card counters AT MY TABLE; I've played on at least two occasions with a pit or shift boss sitting AT MY TABLE; I've played on many other occasions with APs at the adjacent table. I've played with thousands of civilians watching every hand. Apparently, our activities are not so obvious as you say.
    From the sublime to the ridiculous. Well, I am heartened that with the relatively few HC plays I've gotten down, compared to you, that I have had a casino manager at my table kibitzing with me. SBs being unworthy of mention in my book.

    I read and listen to every word about HCing that appears on these boards. You have exaggerated your HC knowledge; perhaps you did so unknowingly because you don't realize how much you don't know.
    I am flattered. Actually, my philosophy is about how little I (or anyone) truly knows.

    However, this board has fairly robust search function - I challenge you on your assertions of my presumably gross exaggerations - let us all see a clear example. zg


    .
    Last edited by DDutton; September 22nd, 2017 at 12:48 AM. Reason: formatting fix
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Carthe Lodge
    Posts
    7

    Default

    JG: "There are the other boards which overlap (bj21, etc.), and there are the chat rooms,"

    ZG: "Not me. I have posted almost nothing on any board except this one and Cardcounter.com since late 2002. Wrong dude, Mr. Early Onset."

    Can you read? I just said that I include chat room statements, and don't necessarily forget pre-2002 material, either.

    ZG: "You are really confusing me with others - there was ONE chat, and I was not the argumentative one. But I remain enthusiastic about 10-splitting nonetheless."

    There was one chat where you discussed 10-splitting, and here you concede your idiotic position on 10-splitting. There were other chats where Barfarkel the "playing with ZG" tales.

    ZG: "From the sublime to the ridiculous. I am heartened that with the relatively few HC plays I've gotten down that I have had a casino manger at my table kibitzing with me."

    Your sarcasm and skepticism again reveal the limit of your experience. That you cannot even conceive that some of my statements are true shows the extreme gap between your experience and that of high-level players. One of the shift bosses of the Lady Luck casino (the attractive woman with long brown hair), sat at the table with me while I was HCing TCP with an edge of approx 30%. This was circa 1999. Pit boss Paul (formerly of AC), most recently of Ameristar EC, once sat at our table while we were HCing at one of his previous casinos, circa 1998. More recently, a shift boss at a Trump property fixed a dealer name K-- where we had an edge in excess of 100%, after he sat in the seat just vacated by my BP, and had the dealer continue to deal hands while he sat at the table with me and two other gamblers. He fixed the dealer and never even looked twice at me, having not picked off that I was signaling the BP.

    ZG: I am truly flattered. However, this board has fairly robust search functions - I challenge you on your assertions of my exaggerations - let us all see a clear example.

    As I said, I'm including chats. Your statement above about your enthusiasm for splitting Tens is sufficient to verify my claim that you are among the lowest form of rookie when it comes to HCing, but I'm sure you will now be careful to edit/delete any future postings or chat comments on the topic.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExhibitCAA View Post
    Your sarcasm and skepticism again reveal the limit of your experience. That you cannot even conceive that some of my statements are true shows the extreme gap between your experience and that of high-level players. One of the shift bosses of the Lady Luck casino (the attractive woman with long brown hair), sat at the table with me while I was HCing TCP with an edge of approx 30%. This was circa 1999. Pit boss Paul (formerly of AC), most recently of Ameristar EC, once sat at our table while we were HCing at one of his previous casinos, circa 1998. More recently, a shift boss at a Trump property fixed a dealer name K-- where we had an edge in excess of 100%, after he sat in the seat just vacated by my BP, and had the dealer continue to deal hands while he sat at the table with me and two other gamblers. He fixed the dealer and never even looked twice at me, having not picked off that I was signaling the BP.
    Gee, I "cannot conceive" that your exploits are true?

    Calm down there Mr Lomack.

    Have you tried Transcendental Meditation? It could slow down and even reverse the early onset. You seem just a little too enamored of yourself and exploits. Do you understand that the doer of this HC stuff is not you? You are misidentified with your mind and egoic pattern. zg

    Ps - The Lady Luck SB's hair was red. And the Western dealer, where Carl Dick casino manager sat and kibitzed with me, telling how me how silly surveillance was for saying I might be a card counter, while I was HCing - the Asian dealer's name was Yan - I continued to play her after she moved to the Plaza until your "disciplined" crew of famished vampires busted out the game there with a Harlem Globetrotters-like circus. -- Talk about splitting 10s being bad...
    Last edited by zengrifter; December 14th, 2009 at 03:06 AM.
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Carthe Lodge
    Posts
    7

    Default

    ZG: "I described how Stalker framed the communication when he reached out to me - "One of my partners," or there abouts, and yes he was in a sweat if not panic)."

    I see that now that I have corrected you, you are starting to backpedal. And no, stalker would not have even been in a sweat, as he had nothing to do with the situation. Your repeated description of him as "my partner" shows you have no clue what was really happening. I believe stalker has said he had no conversation with you on this topic whatsoever, but that's immaterial in any case, as stalker had nothing to do with anything in our criminal case or civil. As I said, Bill Terry was well-known to everyone, and Richard Wright was my personal defense lawyer. As far as I know, neither lawyer did anything, as charges were never filed against us, and we pursued our civil case without their help, and against Richard Wright's specific advice to "Let sleeping dogs lie. Who ya gonna sue?"

    ZG: "Talk about losing the plot - never did I ever suggest any strategy on discussion boards"

    At one point, whether it was in a chat or post I am not sure, you said specifically that you "crafted the legal strategy" that we used to win our civil suits. This was utter nonsense, and is what sparked my own personal hatred of you, whereas prior to that I had nothing concrete (only the hearsay criticisms of others). There was no misunderstanding of what you said or its implication. You explicitly claimed credit for devising our legal strategy, and the fact is that you had nothing to do with any of it. If you had a conversation with your grandmother in which you happened to expound a strategy that duplicated the one we happened to use, that is irrelevant to me.

    ZG: "I also finally learned from you at that chatroom encounter recently that Terry didn't stay in for the duration."

    Yeah, you learn this only recently, even though I have written articles about our case, discussed it in chat, etc., etc. You are basically admitting what has always been the case--you have no involvement, no inside knowledge, no outside knowledge about my legal case.

    ZG: "You could have set me straight years ago"

    In every instance when the topic has come up, I have attempted to set the record straight. And not just regarding your bogus claims, but also regarding the errors of fact that many have stated (e.g., that I was accused of cheating at blackjack at Caesars).

    ZG: "I never made out my 'advice and referral' to Stalker (at his request for you) to be the winning end-all. More along the lines of describing just how amateur you guys and your whole network of famished casino haunting vampires actually are, or were at that time at least."

    And in what ways, Mr. Grifter, is our whole network amateur? Besides the fact that you are again falling into the same uninformed myth that the LVHCM is a single entity. There is vast range of ability, work ethic, etc., within the LVHCM, which is a term used loosely to describe about six or so separate Vegas-based crews that primarily use HC as a means of beating games.

    ZG: "Some of us are having some trouble fully embracing the ECAA ID with the author James Grosjean because you come across with such vexation."

    Again, you just show that you have no clue what is going on. I don't think anyone who knows me even 1% would question that I am overflowing with animosity to posers and scammers and casino hosts.

    ZG: "Certainly I am personally disappointed that after all of these years you decide to land on THIS board and cast such aspersions and denigrate local smalltimers, like Barfarkel at the same time. BJINFO is kinda THE community for "Barfarkels" from all walks."

    I have nothing against Barfarkel. He is what he is. But he is a good target for a poser/scammer, because he doesn't have much high-level playing experience (he would be the first to admit this I'm sure), so he will relish the retelling of his night with "The Grifter." I can't imagine any pro who would even sit at the same table with you, but I'm sure Barfarkel had fun doing so.

    ZG: "Perhaps these words and your desire to sell books will keep your disdain in check."

    Again, you show you know nothing about how the world works. Nothing will keep my disdain in check. And I do not have a desire to sell books. You really don't get it, do you?

    ZG: "the outrageous allegations that Ken Smith is in cahoots with Norm and ZG to tout and sell worthless products, and all the while ZG ripping of newbies."

    I speak about what I know, and have said nothing about other allegations against you (though I would ask what happened to Syph's money, in your words) I know about my legal case, and I know about HCing. On both of these topics, you have made statements in the past (including chat rooms) that are ridiculous exaggerations at best.

    ZG: "Yes, that was Stalker, not you, but you sure sound alot alike on this thread."

    Stalker also has no tolerance for posers, and will call a spade a spade. Obviously, stalker does not have the patience and typing speed to compose the long, meticulous posts that I do. To confuse us shows again that you need to try thinking for a change.

    ZG: "I hope you are not just here for selling your book. If you are running out of games (or just game?) you can always sign on with the Zender tour and sell game protection workshops for casino execs, like Aponte."

    Wow, why are you bringing Mike Aponte and Zender into this? Aponte can give all the seminars he wants and: A. That's good for the community, because the casinos might listen to the math from Aponte when he tells them that there is no real threat from counters; B. A pro can still get a game. Is there really any pro who worries for one second about Aponte's seminars? It's of such little consequence that I hadn't even thought about it. And Zender? Unlike several posers supposedly on the player's side, Zender actually came to the aid of the AP community when we needed it the most, and I don't know any pro who really has any legitimate issues with Zender. But you're not a pro, are you?

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ExhibitCAA View Post
    ZG: "I described how Stalker framed the communication when he reached out to me - "One of my partners," or there abouts, and yes he was in a sweat if not panic)."

    I see that now that I have corrected you, you are starting to backpedal. And no, stalker would not have even been in a sweat, as he had nothing to do with the situation. Your repeated description of him as "my partner" shows you have no clue what was really happening.
    (((Yawn))) As previously stated, I had no idea it was you even. But nevertheless, Stalker was in a real sweat and described the person in jail as "My partner" or perhaps "One of our players" or some such. When I read your BJF story and saw no reference to him I thought nothing of it and never challenged him.

    He was obviously in the loop and scrambling on your behalf, however. zg
    Last edited by zengrifter; December 10th, 2009 at 03:35 PM.
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

+ Reply to Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Zengrifter Psychedelics Why
    By Katz in forum ZenZone General Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: March 20th, 2016, 01:15 PM
  2. Is Zengrifter Proved Right?
    By Katz in forum Conspiracy Theory
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: January 13th, 2016, 03:35 AM
  3. Anybody Seen Jesse James Lately?
    By Katweezel in forum Anything Else But
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 30th, 2012, 08:27 PM
  4. Help Zengrifter
    By Katweezel in forum ZenZone General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: September 16th, 2012, 06:53 AM
  5. Apology to zengrifter and more
    By JSTAT in forum Site Announcements & Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: March 12th, 2011, 08:04 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts