+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Race conspiracy: Live or die by the colors of killers' skins?

Default Race conspiracy: Live or die by the colors of killers' skins?

Race conspiracy: Live or die by the colors of killers' skins? First of all, all the killers must be repaid with what they had taken away; however...

Clemmons killed 4 cops

Mixon killed 4 cops

Poplaski killed 3 cops

Hasan killed 13 non-cops.

...the above Black killers were all shot dead by cops, but the non-Black killers were NOT shot dead by cops. Do the killers' skins get anything to do with the outcomes---Live or die by the colors of killers' skins?

This is not the best case for racism in America, but the disproportionate number of blacks in prison is. zg
    "The dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    .....................The Zengrifter Interview (PDF) |
    The Zengrifter / James Grosjean Reputation Debate
    -----------------------------------------
    “Truth, like gold, is obtained not by growth, but by washing away all that is not gold.” — Leo Tolstoy........
    "Is everything a conspiracy? No, just the important stuff." ZG

Yeah, because everyone knows that cops have higher regard for arabs than blacks.
    Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out just how far one can go.

We cannot direct the wind, we can only adjust our sails.

Quote Originally Posted by zengrifter View Post
    This is not the best case for racism in America, but the disproportionate number of blacks in prison is. zg
    That fact alone is not enough to make the case for racism. There are other factors at play. With no study to hang my hat on, I believe poverty plays a major role. First, I believe poor persons are more susceptible to many types of crime, robbery, for example. My eyes tell me that blacks have a greater percentage of poor than whites. This in itself may reflect racism or at least, past racism, since poverty is often transferred from generation to generation. Second, persons of means are able to hire the best attorneys.

Whites are far greater users of illicit drugs, yet blacks more often go to prison for drug violations. Is it out and out racism, or are whites generally better off financially and therefore have better access to high-priced attorneys?

I don't know how great a role poverty plays as compared to racism. To know that, one can not rely solely on statistics. What I believe is needed is a study of, say, a thousand case histories of whites and blacks and find out why the blacks went to prison more often than the whites. Also, what is the percentage of blacks initially arrested as compared to whites and what is the reason for that? Is it that one or the other committed more crimes, or is it that police are more likely to arrest one race or the other? Are there other factors at play?

I hate to just use the general statistics and extrapolate to a case for racism. If anyone knows of a detailed study (there should be one or more out there), that would be informative to all.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

“It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

There are clear physical differences between different races. Therefore, it is impossible to say for sure that there are no innate differences mentally, as some overly politically correct people may.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Efficacy View Post
    There are clear physical differences between different races. Therefore, it is impossible to say for sure that there are no innate differences mentally, as some overly politically correct people may.
    IQ data seems to bear out what you are saying. But then, what is the proven connection between intelligence and crime? Although criminals in general seem to be dumb as dirt, there are some very clever criminals as well. Bernard Madoff comes to mind, and Ivan Boesky and Michael Milken. I suppose you could say that the more clever criminals rarely go to jail, eg, the robber barons and legions of Congressmen.
    Aslan 11/1/90 - 6/15/10 Stormy 1/22/95 -8/23/10
    “There are not one hundred people in the United States who hate The Catholic Church,
    but there are millions who hate what they wrongly perceive the Catholic Church to be.”
    Bishop Fulton J. Sheen

“It takes a very long time to become young.” Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Efficacy View Post
    There are clear physical differences within families, let alone races. My cousin was 6-7, rarely broke a sweat in the weight room but was an all- Island football player. His brother was 6-1 and lived in the gym but had three left feet and less coordination than a stuffed parrot.
    Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out just how far one can go.

We cannot direct the wind, we can only adjust our sails.

+ Reply to Thread